波默默妞 发表于 2009-3-28 06:57

BBC博客:中美双方互掷人权炸弹+评论

本帖最后由 magicboy 于 2009-3-1 18:21 编辑

【标题】中美人权话题——针尖儿对麦芒

【来源】http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/jamesreynolds/2009/02/tough_words_on_human_rights.html
【翻译】波默默妞
【声明】本翻译仅供anti-cnn使用,转载请注明出处
【原文】
This time of year sees a semi-ritualised exchange between China and the United States.
On Wednesday, the US State Department published its 2008 Human Rights report. The report includes a 47,000-word section on human rights problems in China:
"The government's human rights record remained poor and worsened in some areas. During the year the government increased its severe cultural and religious repression of ethnic minorities in Tibetan areas and the Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region (XUAR), increased detention and harassment of dissidents and petitioners, and maintained tight controls on freedom of speech and the Internet."
Late on Thursday, China delivered its reply. The Information Office of the State Council released its 10th annual report on human rights problems in the United States.
China's 9000-word report paints a bleak picture of life in America:
* "Widespread violent crimes in the United States pose serious threats to its people's lives, property and personal security."
* "Americans live shorter lives than citizens of almost every other developed country, ranking 42nd in terms of life expectancy."
* "Drugs, suicide and other social problems prevail in the US."
* "Many young Americans have personality disorders."
* "Racial discrimination in the judicial system is appalling."
China then reaches its conclusion:
"The US practice of throwing stones at others while living in a glass house is a testimony to the double standards and hypocrisy of the United States in dealing with human rights issues, and has undermined its international image. We hereby advise the US government to begin anew, face its own human rights problems with courage, and stop the wrong practice of applying double standards on human rights issues."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/jamesreynolds/clintonjiechi203.jpgTough words from both sides. But this yearly exchange of human rights reports appears to have very little practical impact on US-China relations.
Just a few days ago, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton held talks in Beijing with all of China's leaders - the issue of human rights was barely mentioned (in public at least). The US and China have also just started two days of military talks in Beijing. And the two countries continue to rely on each other's business to get out of the world's recession.
What do you make of the two reports?

【译文】
每年的这个时候,中国和美国就会进行一场半仪式化的(关于人权问题的)对决。

周三,美国国务院发布了2008年的人权报告。这份报告中的涉华部分长达47000字。
“(中国)政府的人权纪录仍然不佳,在某些方面甚至恶化。这一年里,政府加剧了对藏族地区和新疆维吾尔自治区少数民族文化和宗教上的残酷镇压,关押和干预(骚扰)了更多的异己分子和上访人员,对互联网上的言论继续实行严密的监视及控制。

紧接着在周四,中国做出回应。中国国务院新闻办公室连续第10年发布美国人权记录。

中国长达9000字的报告描绘了一幅阴郁的美国生活图。

“美国暴力犯罪泛滥成灾,严重威胁公民生命、财产和人身安全。”

“美国公民的平均寿命几乎低于所有发达国家,预期寿命排到了第42位。”
美国吸毒和自杀等社会问题严重。

“很多美国年轻人都具有心理障碍”。

“司法领域的种族歧视令人瞠目结舌。”

然后,报告(原文为中国)总结指出:

这种损人不利己(原文为“站在玻璃房里向别人扔石头”)的行为,暴露了美国在人权问题上的双重标准和虚伪本质,损害了美国自身的国际形象。我们奉劝美国政府改弦易辙,正视自身的人权问题,停止在人权问题上搞双重标准的错误做法。

双方针锋相对。但是今年中美在人权问题上的针锋相对对中美关系几乎不会有实质上的影响。

几天前,美国国务卿希拉里 克林顿在北京访问时,与中国的领导人们进行了一系列的会谈,但是几乎没有涉及人权这个话题(至少没有公开涉及)。中美刚刚在北京开始了为期两天的军事会谈。两国将会继续互相合作摆脱全球经济衰退的危险。

对于这两份人权报告你怎么看?

【评论】
Comments
/ P5 c( l5 T& ]: I
1. At 12:12pm on 27 Feb 2009, Doogletastic wrote:

What strikes me about these reports is most of the problems with America are the result of the US Government not caring enough, not regulating enough, i.e. inaction, the problem inherent with small government.

The problems with China are all direct consequences of government action, tight control, suppression, repression. The actions of a very large government.3 Y2 }* c( U9 |6 D1 r
; N$ fj5 H) Z' ~5 }6

lInaction vs. action.- a) c6 @5 k. l3 @

Which one you like best?

这篇文章让我发现一个很奇怪的现象,美国的大多数问题都是美国政府(对一些问题)的关注不够,监管不严所导致的,比如说,无动于衷——小国政府的固有问题。

而中国的问题则是由政府的行为,严格控制,压迫和镇压直接造成的。大国政府的作风

不作为vs. 作为

你最看好哪个?

3. At 12:44pm on 27 Feb 2009, beijing_2008 wrote:
W% X, J. D
Whilst most of the world's electronic items, household goods, durables, etc, can be described as being made in China, ills such as:
% b! B$ H/ i( Q0 @' S, F" ~
adventures in foreign lands, occupation of native American territory, use of torture, extraordinary renditions, denial of Hawaiian independence, teenage pregnancies, shootings at schools/universities, high crime rate, toppling of any regime deemed unsuitable/use of the A-bomb - twice - : s" Z( G$ W$ ?( w
5 h: p+ ~. C+ |/ W4 Z
are, I'm afraid, made soley in the US of A.
世界上大多数的电子产品,家庭用品,耐用品等都是由中国制造的;而一些不良问题,诸如侵犯外国领土,占领美洲原住民的领地,使用酷刑,拒绝给予夏威夷的独立(权),青少年未婚先育,校园枪杀,高犯罪率,两次不适当的使用原子弹去推翻别国的政权,恐怕是美国的独家产品。

4. At 1:01pm on 27 Feb 2009, SimonChin wrote: 1 m5 D/ n; ^6 s( l! m. _

Please be reminded that China is still a communist state and not a capitalist state practising multi-party political system like the west. Please don't use the western yardstick of human rights to judge China. ! v. Z* d" U4 a8 {; s* A5 l

The westerners should mind their own business of their own human rights issue before attacking China which is practising a different system from the West.
. u; M: g* [
China is a huge country with many many challenges facing the leadership. # t! t7 S2 Z2 ~# ]! R
1 ]/ j9 q$ L0 L" Q3 e4 r, F6 p% V9 T
Of course, there are corruption problems, income disparity problems, problems of power abuse by the corrupt officials and the pressing unemployment problems and human right problems yet to be resolved by the Chinese Government, please allow me to ask this question, which country is immune to the problems I have mentioned, be it communist or the capitalist state.
请不要忘记中国仍然是一个共产主义国家,不像西方资本主义国家一样实行多党制。请不要用西方人权的尺度来衡量中国。

西方人在攻击跟自己使用不同体系的中国之前,应当多关心自己的人权问题。

中国的领导人管理这样大一个国家也面临着许多挑战。

的确,中国有一些问题,诸如贪污腐败,收入差距,腐败的官员滥用职权,严峻的就业形势和人权等问题等待着中国政府来一一解决,那么容许我问一个问题,哪一个国家能够避免我所提到的问题,不管是共产主义国家还是资本主义国家?8 W# g% i' i9 g# b

5.At 1:40pm on 27 Feb 2009, heyone wrote: 3 S# a( H$ b, K0 C& L, ~1 r: lE( V
; K! E/ z6 a9 u+ R6 |0 z
It seems that only the conclusion part is relevant to the purpose of this Chinese report. The rest reads like 'Since your young people have personality disorders, we can conclude that there's no human rights problem in China'.) ]: O8 K, N# U4 M2 x

It will also be interesting to look whether the US government will just dismiss all the problems mentioned in the Chinese report keep whining about how the Chinese are meddling in their internal affairs.P( z, \9 X4 o! N2 M4 u
7 T6 S9 z" K3 [# i$ U
My prediction is no formal response will be given. Is this worth responding to anyway?

看起来只有总结段落表达出了这份中国报告的目的。其他的可以这样解读,“既然你们的年轻人都有病态人格,我们可以得出结论,中国的人权毫无问题。”

有趣的是,看美国政府如何否认这份报告所提出的问题,并控诉中国人如何干涉他们的内政。
我的预言是不会有官方回应的。话说回来,它值得回应吗?& o$ a7 l7 t8 Q$ g) ~0 Y) ^1 {1 W9 `
2 H, g1 ^- K9 Em. a% }这份中国报告则

6. At 1:44pm on 27 Feb 2009, thisisacryforhelp wrote:
6 R- e# ~# H6 ~1 {6 u
! H8 C' E3 z; n0 r- W" L
Both China and the US need to do better if the reports were true.
l3 T; P' b4 ?7 Z' N
As Chinese I can only ultimately speak about China itself - there is a long way to go.

如果这两份报告都属实的话,中国和美国都需要做的更好。作为一个中国人,我最后只能说中国还有很长一段路要走。5 d" c# c0 X5 X& D+ e- [
1 _0 @. }3 w$ s4 X; D7 F! j
7. At 1:50pm on 27 Feb 2009, cnlnsyhp wrote: ! _. m% T0 O. f- ~1 I

The logic is easy* _0 s3 L+ Y# D: k/ J* [

He who is without sin among you, cast the first stone at her.
t! \. R0 o- |
Don't do to others as you would not wish done to yourself. (????????)$ k% k, A# F( d$ T& Z

道理很简单,你们中间谁要是没有罪的,谁就先拿石头打她,或者己所不欲,勿施于人

9. At 1:53pm on 27 Feb 2009, rodmace2000 wrote: 3 r- k+ F0 r! e1 e
" {" T3 p5 Q' |3 _
The US always believes that it's the world police who have the rights to interfere with other countries' internal issues, but the truth is the US is nothing more than a corrupted cop with little moral or legal grounds to rise any accusations. - X8 x( n. B1 {5 X( m- M, `

China, on the other hand, probably had enough from the states and decided to offer a similar style of the non-sense report.
I believe the US should simply shut up and look at its own businesses and then, China would save some time and energy to produce the counter attack to the hollow and meaningless reports.

美国一直把自己当国际警察看,可以任意干涉其他国家内政,但是事实上美国只不过是一个腐朽的警察,提起任何指控毫无道德和法律上的依据.
另一方面,中国可能受够了了美国,然后决定提出一个和美国相似的,没有意义的报告.
我认为美国实在是该闭上嘴,好好看看自己事,然后这样中国就可以节省时间和精力,不用去回击那些空洞的,毫无意义的报道.

10. At 1:58pm on 27 Feb 2009, Thegrimcrim wrote:

When money's involved human rights go out the window.

当金钱被卷入时,那么就没有人权可言了.

U% K" G$ s. H) q
16. At 3:58pm on 27 Feb 2009, ysjmwsw wrote: ) r8 \9 z6 l+ a# x7 ]4 g
I personally think that it is a good thing that both Governments publish a human rights record each year on the other country. Very often, one cannot see his own faults and needs someone else to see these faults. This is the purpose of the reports and each Government should pay attention to the criticisms contained in them and try to remedy or improve.

我个人认为中美两国政府每年各自发布一个关于对方人权记录的报告是一件好事.很多情况下,一个人很难看清自己的错误,这样就需要其他人指出来.这就是那些报告的目的所在,每个政府都应该重视人权记录报告里对方的批评,然后尝试去补救或者提高.

评论没有按顺序是因为:
1. This comment was removed 2. This comment is awaiting moderation
1.这条评论已被删除 2.这条评论还需审核(加上这句翻译是为了使广大网友不要误会为楼主选择性的挑了几条翻译的,各位可不要误会是AC的审核啊Q60) )

一一一 发表于 2009-3-28 09:57

本帖最后由 一一一 于 2009-3-28 10:32 编辑

在地球上存放着最多犯人的美国,在地球上的关塔那摩严重侵犯人权的美国,却要指控别人侵犯人权,这种自我涂了黑妆的美国人,站在自家的玻璃屋里,用力向外扔石头的丑恶行为,太滑稽了。

靠!人权? 发表于 2009-3-28 13:09

参与评论的人水平很高啊

rlsrls08 发表于 2009-3-29 06:55

这不就是著名的BBC驻华记者James Reynolds的博客嘛

rlsrls08 发表于 2009-3-29 07:20

21. Hyperspacer    wrote:

To Doogletastic,

Inaction sometimes are bad also. I recently learned from the U.S. National Public Radio (NPR) that over 50% of Navajo people does not have access to running water or electricity, a consequence of U.S. inaction. While China's action leads to massive infrastructure investment in the Tibetan area resulting in huge improvements in the standard of living of average Tibetans.

China has a long way to go to improve its human right record, especially on the bad side of action. So is the United States, and this is on the bad side of inaction.

21   回复Doogletastic(1楼的) ,

无作为也很坏。最近我听美国全国公共广播电台(NPR )说,由于美国不作为,超过50 %的纳瓦霍人(译者注:美国最大的印第安部落)没有自来水或电力。同时中国在西藏地区进行了大规模的基础设施投资,极大的改善了藏人的生活水平。

中国要改善人权记录还有漫长的路要走,特别是在(政府)作为的坏的一面。美国要改善无作为也一样。

rlsrls08 发表于 2009-3-29 07:23

22.   GlasgowGooner    wrote:

Both documents are just propaganda by their respective publishers.

两个报告都是宣传,由各自的出版商出版。

rlsrls08 发表于 2009-3-29 07:25

太多了,翻译不过来

516265258 发表于 2009-3-29 17:37

翻译辛苦了 感谢并继续期待中

0okmn 发表于 2009-3-29 21:17

很好,吵架也是一种交流
再说了,吵架比打架要好

flyer99 发表于 2009-4-2 02:06

在地球上的关塔那摩严重侵犯人权的美国,却要指控别人侵犯人权,
页: [1]
查看完整版本: BBC博客:中美双方互掷人权炸弹+评论