krypton 发表于 2009-4-3 12:22

为何我懒得去G20抗议

本帖最后由 magicboy 于 2009-4-5 07:12 编辑

【原文标题】Why I didn’t bother going to the G20 protest
【中文标题】 为何我懒得去g20抗议
【登载媒体】makewealthhistory
【来源地址】 http://makewealthhistory.org/2009/04/02/why-i-didnt-bother-going-to-the-g20-protest/
【原文库地址】http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=153938&pid=2179777&page=1&extra=
# M& ]7 ^0 a/ b* }/ R) e8 s* ^7 y
【译者】 kryptonphp?tid=153938&pid=2179777&page=1&extra=
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【译文】
I was in London yesterday, and I’d been debating whether or not to finish work early and go and support the Climate Camp. I didn’t, because by mid-afternoon the headlines were already written.
昨天我就在伦敦,当时一直犹豫着该不该早点完成工作去支持气候营。最总我还是没去,因为下午所有的头条都出来了。

‘Baton charges as protestors break into RBS branch’ – Independent

独立报——“抗议着冲进苏格兰银行后警棍飞舞”

‘Man dies as violence explodes on street’ - the Mail

邮报——“街头爆发暴力抗议,一人死亡”

‘Man dies as bottles thrown’ - The Sun

太阳报——“抗议者丢掷酒瓶导致一人死亡”

‘Demonstrator dies and 87 arrested’ – Telegraph

电讯报——“示威者一人死亡,87人被捕”

‘Police attacked as they helped dying protestor’ – Times

泰晤士——“帮助垂死抗议者的警察受到攻击”
http://upload.anti-cnn.com/forum/cn/attachments/day_090403/0904030214c75db7a64fc97f81.jpg

Let me draw your attention to the top corner of this unpleasant photo:

注意这张惨烈的照片的上角

http://upload.anti-cnn.com/forum/cn/attachments/day_090403/0904030214f15898de9b4c7c94.jpg
下载 (44 KB)
9 小时前

' V2 g6 ?5 F& C4 v
Aside from the camera that took the photo, there are at least seven people taking photos or videoing the protests. Some are professionals, others are just riot tourists, out to prove they witnessed some action. Check the background of any of the photos of yesterday, and the same is true - a handful of people making trouble, surrounded by hordes of tourists, photographers, cameramen and twittering ‘undercover’ journalists.

除了拍摄这幅照片的相机,照片上至少有7人在对抗议者拍照或录像。其中一些是专业摄影师。另一些则是旁观暴乱的围观者,出来证明他们见证了某些行为。看看昨天任何一张照片的背景都是一样的——一帮麻烦制造者被一群游客,摄影师和唧唧咋咋的便衣记者包围着。

If I’d gone along yesterday, my voice wouldn’t have been heard. The media had already chosen who they wanted to listen to - the people who smashed the RBS branch or threw bottles. One man with a gash on his head is a better picture than a thousand people dancing. Violence is glamour, danger. That’s news.

如果我昨天去的话,他们根本就听不到我的声音。媒体已经选择了他们想听的东西——打砸苏格兰银行的人和扔瓶子的人。一个头上有很深的伤口的人的照片要比一千个人跳舞的照片好。暴力是有诱惑力的,危险的。这才是新闻。

I wonder, in fact, if the effectiveness of protest action and media sophistication are inversely proportional. The faster the response, through digital photography and live updates, the more the bigger picture is obscured.

事实上我怀疑抗议活动的有效程度是否和媒体报道的高级程度成反比。数码摄影和现场随时报道使媒体的反应速度越来越快,但是也越来越遮挡住了事情的大局观。

Big protests are great for motivation, for getting everyone together and creating momentum, letting people know they’re not alone. In terms of seizing attention and communicating a message, they seem to be increasingly ineffective.

大范围的抗议对达成目的是很有好处的。因为把大家都联合起来创造声势,让人们知道他们还有伴。然而就获得注意和传达信息而言,其效果似乎越来越小了。

What do you think? Are protests still working?

你认为呢?抗议还有效吗?

kingskill 发表于 2009-4-3 14:40

你认为呢?抗议还有效吗?

=================

这句问题也可以提给JY和YOYO们。Q40)

squirrelnyc 发表于 2009-4-4 00:34

“事实上我在想,抗议行为的效果和媒体的诡辩是不是成反比。通过数码技术和现场更新的反应越迅速,越重要的照片越模糊。
I wonder, in fact, if the effectiveness of protest action and media sophistication are inversely proportional. The faster the response, through digital photography and live updates, the more the bigger picture is obscured.”
这句话也许这么翻译更好一些?
事实上我在想,抗议行动的效果是不是和媒体处理复杂问题的能力成反比?由于有了数码摄影和来自现场的及时更新,媒体的反应速度越来越快,但是越是如此,读者越不容易看到完整的事件 (也就是说,媒体会抓住戏剧性的细节,而忽略了事件的大背景和真实的诉求)。

稍微意译了一下。呼唤墨羽老师。

墨羽 发表于 2009-4-4 09:38

本帖最后由 墨羽 于 2009-4-4 01:51 编辑

楼上对该句大意的理解是对的(原翻译比较离谱),但有几个词还不够准确:“effectiveness”这里是“有效程度”,“sophistication”是“高级程度”(即现代化、多元化、即时化程度),“bigger picture”是“大局观”。

“事实上我怀疑抗议活动的有效程度是否和媒体报道的高级程度成反比。数码摄影和现场随时报道使媒体的反应速度越来越快,但是也越来越遮挡住了事情的大局观。”

squirrelnyc 发表于 2009-4-4 20:32

谢谢墨老师。当时没想到大局观这个词,就解释了一下。

magicboy 发表于 2009-4-4 20:46

已修改

scholarzhang 发表于 2009-4-5 00:45

抗议有没有效果,主要看抗议的对象。如果人家是在做着有利于世界的事情,你去抗议,那显然没多少效果。

powerovergamec 发表于 2009-4-5 06:40

法国人是喜欢抗议出名了的哈哈
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 为何我懒得去G20抗议