【中文标题】悲痛的中国家庭-用忘却来疗伤
【登载媒体】美国国家公共广播电台
【来源地址】http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103790515
【译者】rlsrls08
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-163528-1-1.html
【译文】

译者注: 这是去年5月16日我翻译的另外一篇NPR的报道的后续,前文请看 "都江堰家长寻找孩子" http://bbs.m4.cn/viewthread.php?tid=52581

【09.05.05 美国NPR】悲痛的中国家庭-用忘却来疗伤

2009年5月5日

去年5月当地震突袭四川并导致大约9万人死亡的时候,我在那里。地震两天后,我花了一天的时间陪同一对年轻夫妇,等待救援人员寻找他们几岁大的儿子和他的爷爷奶奶,他们被埋在一栋6层楼建筑的废墟中。当天晚上小男孩和爷爷奶奶被找到了,但3人均已死亡。

自那时起,我一直在惦记这对夫妇。

我目睹了母亲傅关羽(音译)和父亲王伟(音译)一整天的难以忍受的痛苦。这一天结束的时候,他们得知自己唯一的孩子王至路(音译),一个不到2岁的男孩,已经死了。他死在爷爷奶奶的臂弯里。

我偶尔跟小男孩的姑妈王丹(音译)写写电子邮件,在那天我认识的她。

今年当我回到四川,她告诉我她的哥哥和嫂嫂过于脆弱和情绪化不能够交谈。但她说,她能告诉我一些关于她的家人的情况。晚饭后我们就在一家都江堰的餐馆里头聊天。

王丹,大约一年前,在你生活中最糟糕的那一天我认识的你。我很高兴再次见到你,你看起来很好。

我也很高兴再见到你。

我想很多听了这个故事的人都想知道一年后你的家庭怎么样了,你会怎样告诉他们?

你知道地震后我们无家可归。一开始我们住在帐篷里。后来我们搬到了临时住房。都江堰条件很差。生活在那里让我们老想起所有不幸的事情。因此,我的哥哥和嫂嫂搬到了单位宿舍,我也是。

后来我们找到了一个好地点,7月30日我们埋葬了我父母和我侄子的骨灰。对我们来说,葬礼是告别的一种方式。当我们说了再见后,我们都感觉痛苦减轻了一些。

跟我说说你的哥哥王伟。地震后你有没有跟他谈论过发生了什么事情,您的家人现在怎么样了?

我们处理了事情之后就没有谈论过地震。因为每当我们谈论时,他会想起很多事情,然后就变得消沉。他可能在前一分钟,甚至是前一秒钟很开心,但一提到地震,他的脸会突然黑了下来。

你嫂嫂傅关羽也是这样吗?

我嫂嫂要坚强一点。但是,因为我的侄子死于地震,她一看到其他孩子就非常难过。

听起来你们没有能够分享关于你父母和你侄子的回忆。

无论多么美好的回忆我们都不敢想。其实,只要一提到这个我就伤心。即使看到我父亲的笔迹也让我伤心。这真是令人痛苦。

地震发生后,我无法不想它。当我睡觉我梦见地震。当我醒来我会考虑更多。好几个月过去了,我仍不能忘记这些画面。

我想我其实挺坚强的...但我哥哥王伟...

王伟有没有说过为什么他不能谈论家人或儿子,什么会使情况变得更糟?

他是个非常内向的人,他话不多。此外,他失去了很多。地震之后,我们都密切关注他,担心他可能自杀什么的。

现在他认为烧香拜佛,烧纸钱等等传统都没有用。因为我父母都是非常好的人。他们对朋友和子女很好。我哥哥说:“如果真有上帝,如果真有佛,这么好的人就不应该死。神或佛应该保护他们。”但结果怎么样?一场灾难剥夺了他的一切。因此,祈祷和崇拜都不能抹去他的悲伤。

一线希望:婴儿

王丹告诉我她哥哥的痛苦是如此强烈,清明时节他都不敢去扫墓。清明节是家属悼念死者的节日。他没法承受提及他的儿子和父母。他已经从电脑和手机里删除了所有的家庭照片。

从深深的悲痛里射出了一线希望,傅关羽和王伟决定再生一个孩子。她怀孕了,孩子下个月出生。

“如果孩子能顺利出生和身体健康,对他们将是一个很大的安慰。 ”王丹说。

当然,这个孩子将永远不能取代王至路,但它是一个新的开始。

“是的,这是一个新的开始, ”王丹说。 “我们希望他们的心将渐渐地康复。”

rlsrls08 发表于 2009-5-12 19:18

本帖最后由 rlsrls08 于 2009-5-12 19:28 编辑

Grieving Chinese Family Quells Memories To Heal

http://media.npr.org/news/specials/2009/chinaearthquake/images/04/06_hsu_200.jpg
Andrea Hsu/NPR

Last May, Wang Wei (left) and Fu Guanyu lost their 22-month-old son and his grandparents in the earthquake. All three died after a six-story apartment fell on them. According to Wang's sister, the couple is still too emotionally fragile to talk.

去年5月,王伟和傅关羽在地震中失去了他们22个月大的儿子和他的爷爷奶奶。三人死于倒塌的6层楼高的公寓。王伟的妹妹说他们依然很情绪化和脆弱,无法交谈。

http://media.npr.org/news/specials/2009/chinaearthquake/images/15/melissa_200.jpg
Andrea Hsu/NPR

Melissa Block (left) stands with Wang Dan (far right) last May as they assess the scene two days after the earthquake. Wang Dan lost her parents and her nephew when an apartment building collapsed on them.

Melissa Block (NPR记者)(左)和王丹(最右边)站在一起。去年5月他们在地震后两天回到现场,王丹失去了父母和侄子。倒塌的建筑砸死了他们。

All Things Considered, May 5, 2009 · Last May, I was in Sichuan, China, when the earthquake struck and killed an estimated 90,000 people. Two days after the quake, I spent the day with a young couple as rescue workers searched for their toddler son and his grandparents, who were buried in the debris of a collapsed six-story apartment building. By the end of the day, the young boy and his grandparents were found: All three were dead.

I've thought a lot about this couple since then.

The mother, Fu Guanyu, and the father, Wang Wei, had allowed me to be witness to a day of excruciating grief. It was a day that ended with the knowledge that their only child — a boy not quite 2 years old, named Wang Zilu — was dead. He died in the arms of his grandparents.

From time to time, I've exchanged e-mails with the young boy's aunt, whom I met that day. Her name is Wang Dan.

When I came back to Sichuan this year, she told me that her brother and sister-in-law were too emotionally fragile to talk. But she said she could tell me a bit about how her family is doing. We talked after dinner at a restaurant in Dujiangyan.

Wang Dan, I just saw you just about a year ago, on the worst day of your life, and it's great to see you again and looking so good.

I'm really happy to see you, too.

I think a lot of people who heard the story last year are wondering how your family is doing one year after the earthquake; what would you tell them?

You know after the earthquake, we were homeless. In the beginning, we stayed in tents. Later we moved to temporary housing. Conditions in Dujiangyan were poor. Living there made us think of all the sad things that had happened. So my brother and sister-in-law moved to a dormitory provided by his work, and I did the same.

On July 30, after we found a good burial spot for my parents and my nephew, we buried their ashes. For us, a funeral was a way of saying goodbye. And after we said goodbye, we all felt a bit of relief in our hearts.

Tell me about your brother Wang Wei. Are you able to talk to him about what happened during the earthquake and how your family is doing now?

After we had taken care of things, we didn't talk about the earthquake again. Because every time we talked about it, he'd start thinking about a lot of things and he'd get depressed. He might have been happy the minute before, even the second before. But mention the earthquake, and his face would suddenly turn dark.

And is that true of your sister-in-law Fu Guanyu, too?

My sister-in-law is stronger. But because my nephew died in the quake, seeing children makes her very sad.

It sounds like you haven't been able to share your memories of your parents and your nephew Wang Zilu.

No matter how wonderful the memories, we don't dare think back on them. Actually, just bringing this up makes me sad. Even seeing my father's handwriting — it's really painful.

After the earthquake, I couldn't stop thinking about it. When I slept, I dreamt about it. When I woke, I'd think about it more. Many months have passed, and I cannot forget those images.

I think I'm actually very strong ... but my brother ...

Has Wang Wei ever been able to tell you why he can't talk about your family or his son, what it is about it that makes it worse?

He's a very introverted person — he doesn't talk much. Also, he lost so much. After the earthquake, we were all keeping a close eye on him out of fear that he might be thinking about suicide or something like that.

Now he thinks burning incense and praying to Buddha are useless ... burning paper money, all those traditions. Because our parents were really good people. They treated their friends well, treated their children well. My brother said, "If there really is a God, if there really is a Buddha, then people this good shouldn't have died. God or Buddha should have protected them and his son." But what happened in the end? A disaster that deprived him of everything. So all the praying, all the worship, it can't make his sadness go away.

A Ray Of Hope: A Baby

Wang Dan tells me her brother's grief is so strong he couldn't bring himself to visit the gravesite on a mountainside near Dujiangyan on tomb-sweeping day, or Qing Ming, when families honor the dead. He can't bear any mention of his son, or his parents. He has deleted all the family pictures on his computer and cell phone.

Rising from this profound sadness comes a ray of hope, though. Fu Guanyu and Wang Wei decided to have another child. She's pregnant, and the baby is due next month.

"If the child is born healthy and stays healthy, it will be a great consolation for them," Wang says.

Of course, the baby would never replace Wang Zilu, but it's a new start.

"Yes, it is a new start," Wang says. "And one that we hope will gradually mend their hearts."

rlsrls08 发表于 2009-5-12 19:25

我翻译的另外一篇NPR关于四川地震的报道:

NPR: 中国农民家庭建立新家园和生活
http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=58570

dnh7688 发表于 2009-5-12 20:51

很多人都还没有走出512地震阴影,我家不远就有1个,她丈夫在汶川死了,她看起来一下老了10岁,听到地震就情绪失控。

清音 发表于 2009-5-14 09:25

很讨厌这些记者,不要提那么伤心事,就是对灾区人民的最大关爱。

左萝 发表于 2009-5-15 15:17

我来占个座~

水林清 发表于 2009-5-15 23:03

失去亲人是最痛苦的了 想到就难受