Iam_zhcn 发表于 2009-10-19 16:37

[阅读] 入门篇

Mr Ford saw a sweater in a shop window. Because it was cheap he decided to buy it. When he got home he put the sweater on. It fitted him very well and he was pleased with it. In the afternoon he went out to work in his garden. It soon began to rain, and Mr Ford had to run into the house. He ran quickly, but he still got wet. Then his sweater started to shrink! It got smaller and smaller. Soon it was so tight that he couldn't breathe. In the end. With great difficulty and the help of his wife, he got out of the sweater.

wyd2008 发表于 2009-10-19 19:38

hehe~~~   poorMrFord   

shrink

Iam_zhcn 发表于 2009-10-21 18:08

If you go into the woods with friends, stay with them. If you don't, you may get lost. If you do get lost, though, this is what you should do. Sit down and stay where you are. Don't try to find your friends — let them find you. You can help them to find you by staying in one place. There is another way to help your friends or other nearby people to find you. Give them a signal by shouting or whistling three times. Stop. Then shout or whistle three times again. Any signal given three times is a call for help. Keep up the shouting or whistling, always three times together. When People hear you, they will know that you are not just making noise for fun. They will let you know that they have heard your signal. They will give two shouts, two whistles, or two gun shouts. When a signal is given twice, it is an answer to a call for help. If you don't think that you will get help before night comes, try to make a little house — cover up the holes with branches with lots of leaves. Make yourself a soft bed with leaves and grass. What should you do if you get hungry or need drinking water? You should have to leave your little branch house to look for a scream. Don't just walk away. Pick off small branches and drop them as you walk so that you can find your way back. The most important thing to do when you are lost is —— stay in one place.

wyd2008 发表于 2009-10-21 19:06

i hope i will not get lostin the forest. if i really get lost , i will stay in one place and scream. hehe

Iam_zhcn 发表于 2009-10-27 18:47

Bill Jenkins worked in a big office in the city, and generally he used to go to the barber's during working hours to have his hair cut, although this was against the rules: clerks had to have their hair cut in their own time.

While Bill was at the barber's one day, the manager of the office came in by chance to have his own hair cut. Bill saw him and tried to hide his face, but the manager came and sat beside him, so he soon recognized him.

"Hello, Jenkins," the manager said, "I see that you are having your hair cut in office time."
    "Yes, sir, I am," admitted Bill calmly "You see, sir, it grows in office time."
    "Not all of it," said the manager of the office at once."Some of it grows in office time."
    "Yes, sir, that's quite true," answered Bill politely, "but I'm not having it all cut off."

Iam_zhcn 发表于 2009-11-1 00:02

I have a friend who has a large police dog named Jack. Every Sunday afternoon my friend takes Jack for a long walk in the park. Jack likes these long walks in the park very much.

One Sunday afternoon a young man came to visit my friend. He stayed a long time. He talked and talked. Soon it was time for my friend to take Jack for his walk. But the visitor still stayed. Jack became very worried about his walk in the park. He walked around the room several times and then sat down directly in front of the visitor and looked at him. But the visitor paid no attendtion. He continued talking. Finally Jack could stand it no longer. He went out of the room and came back a few minutes later. He sat down again in front of the visitor but this time he held the visitor's hat in his mouth.

wyd2008 发表于 2009-11-1 08:47

Bill Jenkins worked in a big office in the city, and generally he used to go to the barber's during working hours to have his hair cut, although this was against the rules: clerks had to have their ha ...
I'm_zhcn 发表于 2009-10-27 18:47 http://bbs.m4.cn/images/common/back.gif

hehe inoffice timethey both makeexcusesto do their own things .

wyd2008 发表于 2009-11-1 08:49

I have a friend who has a large police dog named Jack. Every Sunday afternoon my friend takes Jack for a long walk in the park. Jack likes these long walks in the park very much.

One Sunday afternoon ...
I'm_zhcn 发表于 2009-11-1 00:02 http://bbs.m4.cn/images/common/back.gif

it is interesting ,   what a funny dog !!!

Iam_zhcn 发表于 2009-11-4 22:13

A supermarket is a large store in which you can purchase all the food items you need for your home. Within the supermarket there are several sections specialzing in different types of food items. There is a meat section, the dairy section, the fish section and the canned food section. You can also find a household section and a vegetable department.

When you enter the supermarket the first thing you do is to geta shopping cart. This is a large cart which you wheel around the store. As you select the items you wish to purchase you place them in the shopping cart. You will be surprised how quickly your cart will become full.

After you complete all your shopping you bring the cart to the check-out counter. There the clerk will add up all the items you selected and tell you the total cost. The clerk will also pack the items into several bags for you.

Iam_zhcn 发表于 2009-11-23 20:08

A man was trying to build an electric moter-car. He worked in an office in the town during most of the week, but on Saturdays and Sundays he stayed at home in the country and worked on his electric car.

Every Monday he told his friends at the office about his work on the car, but his news about it was never very good. Then at last one Monday morning he came to the office and said to his friends, " I have done it! I have driven from my home to here by electricity!"

His friends were all very glad. " How much did it cost to get here by electricity?" they asked.
"Three hundred and two pounds," he answered."Two pounds for the electricity, and three hundred pounds for the electric wires from my house to the car."

gkc 发表于 2009-12-10 19:33

Very good. And Continue.

Kaen 发表于 2009-12-12 14:30

Two pounds for the electricity, and three hundred pounds for the electric wires from my house to the car

aha,westen humour

Iam_zhcn 发表于 2010-1-18 15:36

For a long time Dr. Jackson had wanted to get a permanent job in a certain big modern hospital, and at last he was successful. He was appointed to the particular position which he wanted, and he and his wife moved to the house which they were now to live in.

The next day some beautiful flowers were sent to them with a note which said, "Deepest sympathy." Naturally Dr. Jackson was surprised to receive such an unusual note, and telephoned the shop which had sent the flowers to find out what the note meant.

When the owner of the shop heard what had happened, apologized to Dr. Jackson for havingmade the mistake. "But what reallyworries me much more," he added, "is that the flowers which ought to have gone to you were sent to a funeral, with a wrong card."

zhongdong_wang 发表于 2010-1-18 19:10

风格很像新概念英语啊
Q23)

---------------------斑竹插楼分界线------------------------

实际来源于《大学英语四级听力试题精编》o3O105)
页: [1]
查看完整版本: [阅读] 入门篇