遥远的冬天 发表于 2009-11-19 13:38

【09.11.16 洛杉矶时报】奥巴马就人权问题指责中国

【原文标题】Obama chides China on human rights【中文标题】奥巴马就人权问题指责中国【登载媒体】洛杉矶时报
【来源地址】http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-obama-shanghai16-2009nov16,0,6953879.story【译者】遥远的冬天【翻译方式】人工【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-206854-1-1.html
【译文】
Reporting from Shanghai - President Obama told Chinese students today that the U.S. does not wish to contain China's rise, but also offered a gentle critique of their country's approach to human rights.
上海报道——奥巴马总统今天告诉中国学生美国不想遏制中国发展,他还对他们的国家对待人权的方式提出了温和的批评。
We welcome China as a strong and prosperous and successful member of the community of nations," Obama said at the start of a town hall-style meeting in Shanghai as he began the China leg of his tour of Asia.
“我们欢迎中国成为一个强大、繁荣而成功的国际社会成员,”当奥巴马开始亚洲访问的中国之行时,他在上海的一个座谈会开头说。
Obama acknowledged that the United States has struggled with race relations over the course of its history, but he said America would "always speak out" in favor of free expression, worship, political participation and access to information -- which he termed "universal rights."
奥巴马承认美国在历史上也一直挣扎于种族关系,但是他说美国“总是大声的说出”对言论、信教、参政以及信息获取自由的支持,他称这些自由为“普遍权利。”
"They should be available to all people, including ethnic and religious minorities, whether they are in the United States, China or any nation," he said.
“这些权利应该是包括种族和宗教少数群体在内的所有人都能享有的,无论他们在美国、中国还是其他任何国家”,他说。
After his opening remarks, Obama began taking questions, leaving the podium to make better eye contact with students. As is his custom at such meetings in the United States, he made a point of alternating between male and female questioners. Students sat all around him. At the back of the hall were large American and Chinese flags.
开场白后,奥巴马离开讲台以便和学生有更好的眼神交流,并开始接受提问。按照他在美国类似会面的习惯,他强调男性和女性的交替提问。学生围坐在他周围。礼堂后面是巨幅的美国和中国国旗。
The meeting was an unusual exercise in U.S.-style participatory democracy for China. It would be unheard of for Chinese students to speak with their own president, Hu Jintao, in such an informal setting. Some of the questions posed, such as those about Obama's wife and family, would be strictly off-limits.
对中国来说这次会见是美国式参与民主制(【译者注】指整个团体的人参与事情的决定)的一次不同寻常的实践。中国学生和他们自己的主席胡锦涛在这种非正式情况下对话是从未听说过的。有些关于奥巴马的妻子和家庭的问题被严格禁止.
The White House pushed to have the event broadcast live over Chinese television, but Beijing resisted, allowing live coverage only on Shanghai television. Anyone in China with an Internet connection, however, could watch by logging onto the White House website, where it was streamed live, U.S. officials said.
白宫敦促通过中国电视直播这一会见,但是北京拒绝了,只允许在上海范围内电视直播。不过,美国官方称,任何在中国可以连接到互联网的人都可以登陆白宫网站观看,那里是在线直播的。
Apart from questions posed by students, Obama also took questions submitted via the Internet.
除了学生们提出的问题,奥巴马还接受了来自互联网的提问。
More than 400 students from eight Shanghai universities attended the event, held at the Shanghai Science & Technology Museum. Students who wanted to see Obama and possibly ask him a question had to submit applications through their universities. 在上海科技馆举行的会面有400名以上的学生参与,他们分别来自8所上海大学。希望见到奥巴马并可能向他提问的学生必须通过他们的大学递交申请。
As they filed in, neatly dressed and carrying notepads and pens, some of the students said they were excited and had spent days preparing. They looked to be in their early 20s. One smiled at the press corps and flashed the peace sign. 当着装整洁、带着记事本和笔鱼贯而入时,一些学生说他们很激动并花了几天时间来准备。他们看起来20出头。一个学生对记者团微笑并比出V字型手势。
One person asked Obama if he used Twitter and was aware of China's Internet firewall. Obama said his thumbs are too "clumsy" for him to send messages via Twitter. But he said that information should flow unhindered, even if that proves uncomfortable for politicians.
有人问奥巴马用不用Twitter,知不知道中国的互联网防火墙。奥巴马说他太过笨拙的拇指无法通过Twitter发送信息,但是信息应该无阻碍的流通,即使这会使政客们不安。
"I can tell you that in the United States the fact that we have unrestricted Internet access is a source of strength," Obama said, "and should be encouraged."
“我可以告诉你这样一个事实,在美国我们可以无限制的连接互联网,这是强大之源,”奥巴马说,“无限制的互联网连接应该得到鼓励。”
He added: "Now, I should tell you that, as president of the United States, there are times when I wish information didn't flow so freely because then I wouldn't have to listen to people criticizing me all the time. I actually think that makes our democracy stronger and it makes me a better leader, because it forces me to hear opinions that I don't want to hear."
他补充说:“现在,我要告诉你们,作为美国总统,有时候我希望信息不是那么自由流通,因为那样我就不用总是听到人们对我的批评。我确实认为信息自由流通使我们的民主更强大,并使我成为一个更好的领袖,因为这迫使我听到我不想听到的意见。”
After the town hall, Obama was to fly to Beijing for a meeting with Hu, the Chinese president. Obama was on the fourth day of a weeklong trip to Asia. He has already visited Singapore and Japan. When he leaves China he will head to the South Korean capital, Seoul, before returning home on Nov. 19. 座谈会后,奥巴马将飞到北京会见中国主席胡锦涛。这是奥巴马为其一周的亚洲之行的第四天。他已经访问了新加坡和日本。离开中国后他将在11月19日回国前前往韩国首都首尔。
Among students, shopkeepers and Internet users, President Obama's visit to Shanghai has been one of the most anticipated by a foreign leader to China in recent years.
对学生、店主和互联网用户来说,奥巴马总统对上海的访问是近年来所有外国领导人的访问中最受期待的。
"I have a very good impression of Obama," said Shanghai resident Jiang Heting, 21. "Even though I've read that some Americans disapprove of how he's handling the economic crisis, I still like him very much." “我对奥巴马的印象很好”,21岁的上海居民Jiang Heting说,“即使我知道一些美国人不赞同他对经济危机的应对手段,我还是很喜欢他。”
They also recognize China's growing power and influence on the international stage.
他们也承认中国不断增长的实力和在国际舞台上的影响力。
"This is the first time that China and America will talk as equals," said Zhang Shun, a student at East China University of Political Science and Law.
“这是中国和美国首次平等对话,”华东政法大学学生Zhang Shun说。
It was the first town-hall meeting in China and it was a very good dialogue," said Ding Xinhao, president of Shanghai Institute of American Studies, shortly after the event.
“这是在中国的第一次座谈会,是一次很好的对话,”上海美国研究所主任Ding Xinhao在会后说。
He said, however, that he believed that Obama was less effective in communicating with the Chinese students than President Bill Clinton was in 1998, when meeting with students at Beijing University. "President Obama didn't listen to the questions as carefully and his answers were a little long. He wanted to add additional information rather than answering the questions directly."
不过,他说他相信奥巴马在同中国学生交流上不如比尔克林顿有效,1998年比尔克林顿在北京大学会见了学生,“奥巴马总统没有仔细聆听学生的问题,他的回答太长了。他想在回答中加入额外的信息而不是直接回答问题。”

peter.nicholas@latimes.com

Times staff writer Barbara Demick in Beijing and special correspondent Jean Yung in Shanghai contributed to this report.
北京的本报特约撰稿人Barbara Demick和上海的特派记者Jean Yung对此文有所贡献。

bwb 发表于 2009-11-19 15:52

我认为这是一次乏善可陈的对话。

遥远的冬天 发表于 2009-11-19 16:18

新闻有些文不对题。
奥巴马批评了中国的人权,但是这只是他所有讲话的一部分。
作者为了吸引眼球,让人觉得奥巴马就说了这个似地。

ChinaErection 发表于 2009-11-19 18:16

非常乏味,双发都没有释放

humin 发表于 2009-11-19 21:44

除了人权能说点别的吗?都嚷嚷了几十年了,乏味

阿寸 发表于 2009-11-19 21:52

放屁,当年联合国干嘛封杀AC???

无可就要 发表于 2009-11-20 08:37

美国花那么多的钱豢养一大批冥运,轮子,脏毒,僵毒,它们轮番对中国贩卖西方的“扑屎架子”,不断地输出颜色革命。作为弱势的一方,对网络进行监管无可厚非,难道要我们举手投降,坐以待毙吗?中国在这方面投入少,而且不掌握话语权。美国每年还投入巨资策反中国网民为美国卖命。

cycdnr 发表于 2009-11-20 16:24

再过几年,中国就要向美国提出人权问题了,比如眼前的伊拉克、阿富汗战争……

連長 发表于 2009-11-20 23:10

你们就迁就一下作者吧,只要她快乐
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 【09.11.16 洛杉矶时报】奥巴马就人权问题指责中国