满仓 发表于 2010-8-11 09:55

【10.08.09 英国每日电讯】与党共舞

【中文标题】与党共舞
【原文标题】Come dancing with the Communist Party
【登载媒体】英国每日电讯
【原文作者】Peter Foster
【原文链接】http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peterfoster/100050047/come-dancing-with-the-communist-party/

中国的现代化进程在过去20年里赢得了无数的赞誉,但是有时候,一些不合时宜的行为容易引起人们的注意,也会让时间停滞不前。今天就是一个时代倒退的日子,北京市总工会重新发布了强制性的“广播体操”命令,这个行为曾经因为北京奥运会而停止了三年。

之所以叫做“广播体操”,是因为从1951年开始,每天上午10点和下午4点,电台的嘈杂声就会侵入人们的生活,轻松的体育锻炼时间到了,这种锻炼类似老年的健美操。(当然,现在FM102.5兆赫的广播已经没有嘈杂声了。)如果你在起居室或办公室里清理出一小块地方,你甚至可以跟随以下这个视频中的演示来做运动。

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTU2NzM2MA==.html

你或许可以想象出过去常见的一个场景:政府大楼和工厂外,一排排国家工作人员跟随扩音器中的音乐和节拍,在空中挥舞他们的手臂、移动他们的脚步。

现代中国依然有这样的现象,尤其是在省级地区,当然比过去要少很多了。我曾经见过以前的工人在做这样的事情,应该说,年轻人似乎对整齐划一的步伐感到厌烦,就好像已经对自己的身体有意识的孩子们被迫穿着无袖上衣做体育运动。

然而,北京很多公园中的老人们不这么想,他们每天都怀着巨大的热情做运动。他们的脸上浮现出沉迷的表情(我喜欢这么想),似乎在回忆文化大革命之前的时光,以及红色中国梦想成真的虚像。

我们在日坛公园与一些老人交谈。70岁的冯先生以前是工厂的工人,他认为政府让公务员恢复旧的惯例是个明智的举措。实际上,如果他有权力,他会让所有人都这么做。

他回忆道:“我们曾经在车间里做体操,我想那应该是第四套广播体操的音乐,每天在大喇叭中播放两次。连续劳动几个小时之后,我们的肌肉都变得僵硬了,放松一下很有好处,尽管有些动作我们很难跟上节奏。”

81岁的孟先生1989年的时候从北京市公安局退休,他也表示赞同:“我们曾经在每天10点和16点锻炼两次,直到文化大革命,之后就再也没有恢复。如今的年轻人在办公室里和电脑在一起的时间太久,休息一下做做运动对他们是有好处的。”

我在想,年轻一代对此事怎么看?

40多岁的周女士认为广播体操是个好东西,但是她说私人公司不会给员工休息时间。“我在一家私人公司工作,我的老板不会让你停下手头的工作来做操,即使仅有10分钟。”

再年轻一点的人呢?23岁的售货员赵小姐(和所有中国人一样,她在上学时也每天做类似的体操)同样认为老板不会为此牺牲时间,年轻人更喜欢去健身房或者跑步,而不喜欢这种定时的群体运动。

实际上,中国城市中的年轻人很少做运动。大部分健身房都在为会员不足而发愁,学校中的体育文化也极度萎缩,因为所有人都在埋头读书。几位接受采访的老人认为,这些问题都是导致被困在办公室和工厂中的年轻人没机会做运动的原因。也许只有政府“强制执行广播体操政策”,情况才会有所改观。

实话说,我不大相信这条命令会贯彻到中国的年轻人群中,他们已经越来越习惯于不理会日常生活中党的各项规定了。

Richard McGregor是《党:中国共产主义统治者的隐秘世界》一书的作者,我在以前几篇文章中都提到过这本书。我上周与他见面时,他把党比作“一台充满杂音的收音机”——永远嘟嘟囔囔,从来没人理会。

今天,党内的一些人把这台收音机的音量调高了一点,但我还是不确定是否会有很多人留意。

原文:

China has in many ways modernized beyond all recognition in the last 20 years, but sometimes an anachronism catches the eye and makes time stand still. Today was one of those days when the Beijing Trade Unions re-started the mandatory “radio exercises” after a three-year hiatus brought on by the Beijing Olympics.

They’re so-called because, since about 1951, the radio crackles to life twice a day at 10am and 4pm with a gentle exercise routine which is best-described as a slightly geriatric form of aerobics. (Although no ‘crackle’ now as they’re on 102.5FM.) If you clear a space in your living room or office, you can even have a go at them by following this video here (and see Radio Gymnastic Exercises for Middle School Students in video above).

You can probably picture the general scenes of old – rows of public sector workers lined up outside government buildings and factories all swinging their arms in the air shuffling their feet in time to the music and instruction blaring from loud-speakers.

It still happens in modern China, particularly in the provinces, but much less than in the old days. Whenever I’ve seen these worker work-outs in the past, it’s fair to say that many of the younger workers look pretty fed up at being put through their paces – like body-conscious kids ordered to do PE in horrible gym-slips.

Not so, however, the oldies in Beijing’s many parks who still rattle through them every day with great enthusiasm and intensity, their faces rapt (as I like to think) in memories of the days before the Cultural Revolution and the gloss coming off the dream of a Red China.

We went to talk some of that generation today in Ritan, like Mr Feng, a 70-year-old former factory worker who thinks it’s a great idea for the government to revive the old routines for all its employees – in fact, for everyone if he had his way.

“We used to exercise in the workshop together,” he recalled, “I think it was the 4th set exercise music, played by loud speakers twice a day. Our muscles turned stiff after hours of laboring and it was helpful to stretch them, even though some of the moves were hard to follow.”

81-year-old Mr Meng who retired from Beijing’s municipal public security bureau in 1989 agreed: “We used to work-out everyday twice at 10:00 and 16:00 until the Cultural Revolution, but then it stopped and never resumed again. Nowadays the young people are staying in office and sticking to computer too long, it is good to make them take a break and have workout.”

What did the younger generations, I wondered, make of that?

Well there was Ms Zhou, a woman in her 40s who agreed the exercise was good, but said private companies would never give workers the time off. “I am working for a private-run company and our boss will not give us break for exercise even it is just ten minutes!” she said.

Going younger still, a 23-year-old shop assistant called Ms Zhao (who like all Chinese did similar exercises every day at school) agreed most bosses wouldn’t sacrifice the time, suggesting younger people preferred the gym or a jog to public exercise routines.

Actually young people in urban China do very little exercise. Most gyms are struggling for members and there is very little culture of sports at schools as everyone’s too busy studying. Both the older gentlemen reckoned it wouldn’t be good for China’s office and factory-bound youth to do the exercises, but said it would only happen if the government “enforced them rigorously”.

To be honest, I’m not sure that would wash with today’s young Chinese who have become increasingly adept at tuning out the Party prescriptions from their everyday lives.

Richard McGregor, the author of the recent book “The Party: the secret world of China’s Communist rulers” which I mentioned a couple of post ago, likened the Party at a talk I attended last week “to a radio, left on the background” – a constant burble that most people ignored.

Today someone at the Party turned up the volume for a few minutes, but I’m not sure too many people noticed.

过客不言 发表于 2010-8-11 10:19

老人家做个运动都成妄想反攻倒算的典型了?
看来有些人的文革还没结束。

百姓 发表于 2010-8-11 10:27

做个运动都能说成这样,真是人嘴两张皮,越说越传奇。。。。。。。。。。。。
看来外国的侃爷也真多。。。。。。。。。。

ailianren2008 发表于 2010-8-11 11:26

做操对身体健康有好处,西方人对这个耿耿于怀,让人不解!随他们怎么说吧~~

biggem 发表于 2010-8-11 13:00

感觉以前被迫做体操时的身体比现在好多了。其实每天坚持10分钟这样的运动,比每周花钱做两次健身好多了,运动贵在坚持,可惜自己做不到。

林间画匠 发表于 2010-8-11 14:38

大约是指望中国年轻人,身体变的更羸弱;更无法进行剧烈身体运动吧。