diver18 发表于 2011-9-9 09:35

(9.9每日电讯)奥巴马豪言:下一代的工厂不是在中国,而是美国!

本帖最后由 diver18 于 2011-9-9 09:38 编辑

(9.9每日电讯)奥巴马的豪言:下一代的工厂不是在中国,欧洲,而是在美国!

当地时间9月8日晚,美国总统奥巴马在国会发表旨在促进就业的演讲。国会联席会议前,奥巴马提出一项总额高达4470亿美元的刺激就业方案,他敦促国会尽速通过。
http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2011-09/09/122007706_11n.jpg
奥巴马建议投入1050亿美元用于公共基础设施建设,以促进就业。他还建议国会为约600万可能失去失业保险的人提供500亿美元的失业津贴。建议包括投入1750亿美元,为工人继续降低工资税,为工商界制定新的工资税减税。

中新网9月9日电 综合报道,当地时间8日晚间,美国总统奥巴马在国会发表旨在促进就业的演讲。奥巴马提出一项总额高达4470亿美元的刺激就业方案,他敦促国会尽速通过。

在国会联席会议前,奥巴马于当天提出了总额为4470亿美元的促进就业计划。

奥巴马建议投入1050亿美元用于公共基础设施建设,以促进就业。他还建议国会为约600万可能失去失业保险的人提供500亿美元的失业津贴。这些都包含在4470亿美元的方案之内。

建议包括,投入1750亿美元,为工人继续降低工资税,为工商界制定新的工资税减税。奥巴马建议,到2012年,对工人工资所得税减税,税率从4.2%降到3.1%;工商界工资税率从6.2%降到3.1%。建议还鼓励工商界,如其增加雇佣人员,还将得到额外的工资税免税期。

此外,计划还建议投入350亿美元,防止教师与警察与消防员等紧急情况人员失业。这也将遏制地方政府解雇雇员,使失业率持续上升的趋势。

奥巴马还建议投入500亿美元,用于使高速公路、铁路与机场现代化,此举将让数十万建筑工人重新回到工作岗位。

报道称,在规模上,这次计划堪与2009年国会通过的经济刺激法案相比。那次8250亿美元的计划,分别在3年多内投入。而这次新的一揽子计划大部分将在2012年投入。

奥巴马呼吁共和党人停止“政治斗争”,立即通过这次促进就业的议案,将给目前“停滞不前”的经济提供巨大动力。

这个一揽子计划是奥巴马对美国目前高失业率与经济复苏乏力所做出的反应。
http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2011-09/09/c_122007706.htm
=====
On manufacturing: “We’re going to make sure the next generation of manufacturing takes root, not in China or Europe, but right here, in the United States of America. If we provide the right incentives and support — and if we make sure our trading partners play by the rules — we can be the ones to build everything from fuel-efficient cars to advanced biofuels to semiconductors that are sold all over the world. That’s how America can be number one again. That’s how America will be number one again.”
=====
Barack Obama's American Jobs Act speech in full
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/barackobama/8751376/Barack-Obamas-American-Jobs-Act-speech-in-full.html

Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, Members of Congress, and fellow Americans:

Tonight we meet at an urgent time for our country. We continue to face an economic crisis that has left millions of our neighbours jobless, and a political crisis that has made things worse.
This past week, reporters have been asking “What will this speech mean for the President? What will it mean for Congress? How will it affect their polls, and the next election?”
But the millions of Americans who are watching right now: they don’t care about politics. They have real life concerns. Many have spent months looking for work. Others are doing their best just to scrape by – giving up nights out with the family to save on gas or make the mortgage; postponing retirement to send a kid to college.
These men and women grew up with faith in an America where hard work and responsibility paid off. They believed in a country where everyone gets a fair shake and does their fair share – where if you stepped up, did your job, and were loyal to your company, that loyalty would be rewarded with a decent salary and good benefits; maybe a raise once in awhile. If you did the right thing, you could make it in America.

But for decades now, Americans have watched that compact erode. They have seen the deck too often stacked against them. And they know that Washington hasn’t always put their interests first.
The people of this country work hard to meet their responsibilities. The question tonight is whether we’ll meet ours. The question is whether, in the face of an ongoing national crisis, we can stop the political circus and actually do something to help the economy; whether we can restore some of the fairness and security that has defined this nation since our beginning.
Those of us here tonight can’t solve all of our nation’s woes. Ultimately, our recovery will be driven not by Washington, but by our businesses and our workers. But we can help. We can make a difference. There are steps we can take right now to improve people’s lives.
I am sending this Congress a plan that you should pass right away. It’s called the American Jobs Act. There should be nothing controversial about this piece of legislation. Everything in here is the kind of proposal that’s been supported by both Democrats and Republicans – including many who sit here tonight. And everything in this bill will be paid for. Everything.
The purpose of the American Jobs Act is simple: to put more people back to work and more money in the pockets of those who are working. It will create more jobs for construction workers, more jobs for teachers, more jobs for veterans, and more jobs for the long-term unemployed. It will provide a tax break for companies who hire new workers, and it will cut payroll taxes in half for every working American and every small business. It will provide a jolt to an economy that has stalled, and give companies confidence that if they invest and hire, there will be customers for their products and services. You should pass this jobs plan right away.
Everyone here knows that small businesses are where most new jobs begin. And you know that while corporate profits have come roaring back, smaller companies haven’t. So for everyone who speaks so passionately about making life easier for “job creators,” this plan is for you.
Pass this jobs bill, and starting tomorrow, small businesses will get a tax cut if they hire new workers or raise workers’ wages. Pass this jobs bill, and all small business owners will also see their payroll taxes cut in half next year. If you have 50 employees making an average salary, that’s an $80,000 tax cut. And all businesses will be able to continue writing off the investments they make in 2012.
It’s not just Democrats who have supported this kind of proposal. Fifty House Republicans have proposed the same payroll tax cut that’s in this plan. You should pass it right away.
Pass this jobs bill, and we can put people to work rebuilding America. Everyone here knows that we have badly decaying roads and bridges all over this country. Our highways are clogged with traffic. Our skies are the most congested in the world.
This is inexcusable. Building a world-class transportation system is part of what made us an economic superpower. And now we’re going to sit back and watch China build newer airports and faster railroads? At a time when millions of unemployed construction workers could build them right here in America?
There are private construction companies all across America just waiting to get to work. There’s a bridge that needs repair between Ohio and Kentucky that’s on one of the busiest trucking routes in North America. A public transit project in Houston that will help clear up one of the worst areas of traffic in the country. And there are schools throughout this country that desperately need renovating. How can we expect our kids to do their best in places that are literally falling apart? This is America. Every child deserves a great school – and we can give it to them, if we act now.
The American Jobs Act will repair and modernise at least 35,000 schools. It will put people to work right now fixing roofs and windows; installing science labs and high-speed internet in classrooms all across this country. It will rehabilitate homes and businesses in communities hit hardest by foreclosures. It will jump-start thousands of transportation projects across the country. And to make sure the money is properly spent and for good purposes, we’re building on reforms we’ve already put in place. No more earmarks. No more boondoggles. No more bridges to nowhere. We’re cutting the red tape that prevents some of these projects from getting started as quickly as possible. And we’ll set up an independent fund to attract private dollars and issue loans based on two criteria: how badly a construction project is needed and how much good it would do for the economy.
This idea came from a bill written by a Texas Republican and a Massachusetts Democrat. The idea for a big boost in construction is supported by America’s largest business organisation and America’s largest labour organisation. It’s the kind of proposal that’s been supported in the past by Democrats and Republicans alike. You should pass it right away.
Pass this jobs bill, and thousands of teachers in every state will go back to work. These are the men and women charged with preparing our children for a world where the competition has never been tougher. But while they’re adding teachers in places like South Korea, we’re laying them off in droves. It’s unfair to our kids. It undermines their future and ours. And it has to stop. Pass this jobs bill, and put our teachers back in the classroom where they belong.
Pass this jobs bill, and companies will get extra tax credits if they hire America’s veterans. We ask these men and women to leave their careers, leave their families, and risk their lives to fight for our country. The last thing they should have to do is fight for a job when they come home.
Pass this bill, and hundreds of thousands of disadvantaged young people will have the hope and dignity of a summer job next year. And their parents, low-income Americans who desperately want to work, will have more ladders out of poverty.
Pass this jobs bill, and companies will get a $4,000 tax credit if they hire anyone who has spent more than six months looking for a job. We have to do more to help the long-term unemployed in their search for work. This jobs plan builds on a program in Georgia that several Republican leaders have highlighted, where people who collect unemployment insurance participate in temporary work as a way to build their skills while they look for a permanent job. The plan also extends unemployment insurance for another year. If the millions of unemployed Americans stopped getting this insurance, and stopped using that money for basic necessities, it would be a devastating blow to this economy. Democrats and Republicans in this Chamber have supported unemployment insurance plenty of times in the past. At this time of prolonged hardship, you should pass it again – right away.
Pass this jobs bill, and the typical working family will get a fifteen hundred dollar tax cut next year. Fifteen hundred dollars that would have been taken out of your paycheck will go right into your pocket. This expands on the tax cut that Democrats and Republicans already passed for this year. If we allow that tax cut to expire – if we refuse to act – middle-class families will get hit with a tax increase at the worst possible time. We cannot let that happen. I know some of you have sworn oaths to never raise any taxes on anyone for as long as you live. Now is not the time to carve out an exception and raise middle-class taxes, which is why you should pass this bill right away.
This is the American Jobs Act. It will lead to new jobs for construction workers, teachers, veterans, first responders, young people and the long-term unemployed. It will provide tax credits to companies that hire new workers, tax relief for small business owners, and tax cuts for the middle-class. And here’s the other thing I want the American people to know: the American Jobs Act will not add to the deficit. It will be paid for. And here’s how:
The agreement we passed in July will cut government spending by about $1 trillion over the next ten years. It also charges this Congress to come up with an additional $1.5 trillion in savings by Christmas. Tonight, I’m asking you to increase that amount so that it covers the full cost of the American Jobs Act. And a week from Monday, I’ll be releasing a more ambitious deficit plan – a plan that will not only cover the cost of this jobs bill, but stabilise our debt in the long run.
This approach is basically the one I’ve been advocating for months. In addition to the trillion dollars of spending cuts I’ve already signed into law, it’s a balanced plan that would reduce the deficit by making additional spending cuts; by making modest adjustments to health care programs like Medicare and Medicaid; and by reforming our tax code in a way that asks the wealthiest Americans and biggest corporations to pay their fair share. What’s more, the spending cuts wouldn’t happen so abruptly that they’d be a drag on our economy, or prevent us from helping small business and middle-class families get back on their feet right away.
Now, I realise there are some in my party who don’t think we should make any changes at all to Medicare and Medicaid, and I understand their concerns. But here’s the truth. Millions of Americans rely on Medicare in their retirement. And millions more will do so in the future. They pay for this benefit during their working years. They earn it. But with an ageing population and rising health care costs, we are spending too fast to sustain the program. And if we don’t gradually reform the system while protecting current beneficiaries, it won’t be there when future retirees need it. We have to reform Medicare to strengthen it.
I’m also well aware that there are many Republicans who don’t believe we should raise taxes on those who are most fortunate and can best afford it. But here is what every American knows. While most people in this country struggle to make ends meet, a few of the most affluent citizens and corporations enjoy tax breaks and loopholes that nobody else gets. Right now, Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than his secretary – an outrage he has asked us to fix. We need a tax code where everyone gets a fair shake, and everybody pays their fair share. And I believe the vast majority of wealthy Americans and CEOs are willing to do just that, if it helps the economy grow and gets our fiscal house in order.
I’ll also offer ideas to reform a corporate tax code that stands as a monument to special interest influence in Washington. By eliminating pages of loopholes and deductions, we can lower one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America.
So we can reduce this deficit, pay down our debt, and pay for this jobs plan in the process. But in order to do this, we have to decide what our priorities are. We have to ask ourselves, “What’s the best way to grow the economy and create jobs?”
Should we keep tax loopholes for oil companies? Or should we use that money to give small business owners a tax credit when they hire new workers? Because we can’t afford to do both. Should we keep tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires? Or should we put teachers back to work so our kids can graduate ready for college and good jobs? Right now, we can’t afford to do both.
This isn’t political grandstanding. This isn’t class warfare. This is simple math. These are real choices that we have to make. And I’m pretty sure I know what most Americans would choose. It’s not even close. And it’s time for us to do what’s right for our future.
The American Jobs Act answers the urgent need to create jobs right away. But we can’t stop there. As I’ve argued since I ran for this office, we have to look beyond the immediate crisis and start building an economy that lasts into the future – an economy that creates good, middle-class jobs that pay well and offer security. We now live in a world where technology has made it possible for companies to take their business anywhere. If we want them to start here and stay here and hire here, we have to be able to outbuild, out-educate, and out-innovate every other country on Earth.
This task, of making America more competitive for the long haul, is a job for all of us. For government and for private companies. For states and for local communities – and for every American citizen. All of us will have to up our game. All of us will have to change the way we do business.
My administration can and will take some steps to improve our competitiveness on our own. For example, if you’re a small-business owner who has a contract with the federal government, we’re going to make sure you get paid a lot faster than you do now. We’re also planning to cut away the red tape that prevents too many rapidly-growing start-up companies from raising capital and going public. And to help responsible home owners, we’re going to work with Federal housing agencies to help more people refinance their mortgages at interest rates that are now near 4% – a step that can put more than $2,000 a year in a family’s pocket, and give a lift to an economy still burdened by the drop in housing prices.
Other steps will require Congressional action. Today you passed reform that will speed up the outdated patent process, so that entrepreneurs can turn a new idea into a new business as quickly as possible. That’s the kind of action we need. Now it’s time to clear the way for a series of trade agreements that would make it easier for American companies to sell their products in Panama, Colombia, and South Korea – while also helping the workers whose jobs have been affected by global competition. If Americans can buy Kias and Hyundais, I want to see folks in South Korea driving Fords and Chevys and Chryslers. I want to see more products sold around the world stamped with three proud words: “Made in America.”
And on all of our efforts to strengthen competitiveness, we need to look for ways to work side-by-side with America’s businesses. That’s why I’ve brought together a Jobs Council of leaders from different industries who are developing a wide range of new ideas to help companies grow and create jobs.
Already, we’ve mobilised business leaders to train 10,000 American engineers a year, by providing company internships and training. Other businesses are covering tuition for workers who learn new skills at community colleges. And we’re going to make sure the next generation of manufacturing takes root not in China or Europe, but right here, in the United States of America. If we provide the right incentives and support – and if we make sure our trading partners play by the rules – we can be the ones to build everything from fuel-efficient cars to advanced biofuels to semiconductors that are sold all over the world. That’s how America can be number one again. That’s how America will be number one again.
Now, I realise that some of you have a different theory on how to grow the economy. Some of you sincerely believe that the only solution to our economic challenges is to simply cut most government spending and eliminate most government regulations.
Well, I agree that we can’t afford wasteful spending, and I will continue to work with Congress to get rid of it. And I agree that there are some rules and regulations that put an unnecessary burden on businesses at a time when they can least afford it. That’s why I ordered a review of all government regulations. So far, we’ve identified over 500 reforms, which will save billions of dollars over the next few years. We should have no more regulation than the health, safety, and security of the American people require. Every rule should meet that common sense test.
But what we can’t do – what I won’t do – is let this economic crisis be used as an excuse to wipe out the basic protections that Americans have counted on for decades. I reject the idea that we need to ask people to choose between their jobs and their safety. I reject the argument that says for the economy to grow, we have to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, or rules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that prevent the health insurance industry from short-changing patients. I reject the idea that we have to strip away collective bargaining rights to compete in a global economy. We shouldn’t be in a race to the bottom, where we try to offer the cheapest labour and the worst pollution standards. America should be in a race to the top. And I believe that’s a race we can win.
In fact, this larger notion that the only thing we can do to restore prosperity is just dismantle government, refund everyone’s money, let everyone write their own rules, and tell everyone they’re on their own – that’s not who we are. That’s not the story of America.
Yes, we are rugged individualists. Yes, we are strong and self-reliant. And it has been the drive and initiative of our workers and entrepreneurs that has made this economy the engine and envy of the world.
But there has always been another thread running throughout our history – a belief that we are all connected; and that there are some things we can only do together, as a nation.
We all remember Abraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union. But in the middle of a Civil War, he was also a leader who looked to the future – a Republican president who mobilised government to build the transcontinental railroad; launch the National Academy of Sciences; and set up the first land grant colleges. And leaders of both parties have followed the example he set.
Ask yourselves – where would we be right now if the people who sat here before us decided not to build our highways and our bridges; our dams and our airports? What would this country be like if we had chosen not to spend money on public high schools, or research universities, or community colleges? Millions of returning heroes, including my grandfather, had the opportunity to go to school because of the GI Bill. Where would we be if they hadn’t had that chance?
How many jobs would it have cost us if past Congresses decided not to support the basic research that led to the internet and the computer chip? What kind of country would this be if this Chamber had voted down Social Security or Medicare just because it violated some rigid idea about what government could or could not do? How many Americans would have suffered as a result?
No single individual built America on their own. We built it together. We have been, and always will be, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all; a nation with responsibilities to ourselves and with responsibilities to one another. Members of Congress, it is time for us to meet our responsibilities.
Every proposal I’ve laid out tonight is the kind that’s been supported by Democrats and Republicans in the past. Every proposal I’ve laid out tonight will be paid for. And every proposal is designed to meet the urgent needs of our people and our communities.
I know there’s been a lot of scepticism about whether the politics of the moment will allow us to pass this jobs plan – or any jobs plan. Already, we’re seeing the same old press releases and tweets flying back and forth. Already, the media has proclaimed that it’s impossible to bridge our differences. And maybe some of you have decided that those differences are so great that we can only resolve them at the ballot box.
But know this: the next election is fourteen months away. And the people who sent us here – the people who hired us to work for them – they don’t have the luxury of waiting fourteen months. Some of them are living week to week; paycheck to paycheck; even day to day. They need help, and they need it now.
I don’t pretend that this plan will solve all our problems. It shouldn’t be, nor will it be, the last plan of action we propose. What’s guided us from the start of this crisis hasn’t been the search for a silver bullet. It’s been a commitment to stay at it – to be persistent – to keep trying every new idea that works, and listen to every good proposal, no matter which party comes up with it.
Regardless of the arguments we’ve had in the past, regardless of the arguments we’ll have in the future, this plan is the right thing to do right now. You should pass it. And I intend to take that message to every corner of this country. I also ask every American who agrees to lift your voice and tell the people who are gathered here tonight that you want action now. Tell Washington that doing nothing is not an option. Remind us that if we act as one nation, and one people, we have it within our power to meet this challenge.
President Kennedy once said, “Our problems are man-made – therefore they can be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants.”
These are difficult years for our country. But we are Americans. We are tougher than the times that we live in, and we are bigger than our politics have been. So let’s meet the moment. Let’s get to work, and show the world once again why the United States of America remains the greatest nation on Earth. Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless the United States of America.

补充内容 (2011-9-10 17:07):
全文翻译在18楼。

忠孝节义 发表于 2011-9-9 09:51

美国人只要肯努力工作,自然是OK的。

问题是……

diver18 发表于 2011-9-9 09:59

奥巴马都得承认的事实,但崇尚祖宗的P民不,这就奇怪了?
And now we’re going to sit back and watch China build newer airports and faster railroads? At a time when millions of unemployed construction workers could build them right here in America?
=====
奥巴马的演讲激情,但也忒长,慢慢看,慢慢研究。。。

xkymax 发表于 2011-9-9 10:21

美国同事每天带个耳机喝咖啡,奥巴马,这就是现实

chenperu 发表于 2011-9-9 10:28

三哥们只要努力,也是OK的

穆萨 发表于 2011-9-9 10:37

把高污染、高消耗、高成本的企业牵到美国吧

大猫猞猁 发表于 2011-9-9 10:48

金融共济会大佬在幕后笑而不语。

zhiyi 发表于 2011-9-9 11:20

本帖最后由 zhiyi 于 2011-9-9 11:20 编辑

别人老说温很会演戏,其实我一直觉得演技更胜一筹的是普金和奥巴马。只是有些人选择看不见而已,我认为这样对这两位演技高超的国际政治表演艺术家是不够尊重的,也是不够公平的。

iamgump 发表于 2011-9-9 13:29

美国人作出来的产品,得多贵呀,目前世界大多数国家都“用”不起呀!!!

kuangwenhao 发表于 2011-9-9 13:44

"奥巴马建议投入1050亿美元用于公共基础设施建设,以促进就业。他还建议国会为约600万可能失去失业保险的人提供500亿美元的失业津贴。建议包括投入1750亿美元,为工人继续降低工资税,为工商界制定新的工资税减税"
----------------------政府负债那么多,现在又要加大公共基础投入,又要给工人富人们减税,运转得了吗?
不行,又再来次量化宽松,造钱??、

jack_j11 发表于 2011-9-9 15:59

减税是捞选票的最好办法,选民只看眼前利益,谁管国家未来如何;总统只想着连任,等债务危机爆发他已经下台了,把头疼留给下一任岂不美妙?

cowpa 发表于 2011-9-9 18:49

靠这么点投入就能成为世界工厂? 如果选出来的总统只能说一些华而不实的话,就必须得怀疑这个选他上来的制度了。

xxk68937238 发表于 2011-9-9 20:02

如果通过了,我猜首先从这些钱获利的应该是那些幕后的财团和大家族吧

ft123 发表于 2011-9-9 21:52

问问他的女儿想不想当工人..............

东风笑 发表于 2011-9-10 00:04

站在美国的角度,恢复一个强大的制造业是唯一出路。只是,东南亚和印度都起来了,人工成本比中国还要低,美国的竞争力在哪里。

bwb 发表于 2011-9-10 10:32

ft123 发表于 2011-9-9 21:52 static/image/common/back.gif
问问他的女儿想不想当工人..............

是农民工

diver18 发表于 2011-9-10 17:03

全文翻译,感谢强大的vinkoshi@译言 http://article.yeeyan.org/view/249698/217245

MR. OBAMA: Mr. Speaker, Mr. Vice President, members ofCongress, and fellow Americans:

奥巴马先生:议长先生,副总统先生,国会议员,美国人民:

Tonight we meet at an urgent time for our country. We continue to face an economic crisis that has left millions of our neighborsjobless, and a political crisis that’s made things worse.

今晚,我们的国家到了一个紧急的时刻。我们将持续面对经济危机,这已让我们数百万的邻居失去工作,而另一个政治危机让这雪上加霜。

This past week, reporters have been asking, “What willthis speech mean for the President?What will it mean for Congress? How will it affect their polls, and the next election?”

在过去的一周,记者们已经在问:“这次演讲对总统先生有何意义?对国会又有何意义?对他们的选情如何影响,又如何影响下一次选举?”

But the millions of Americans who are watching right now,they don’t care about politics.They have real-life concerns.Manyhave spent months looking for work.Others are doing their best just toscrape by -- giving up nights out with the family to save on gas or make themortgage; postponing retirement to send a kid to college.

但是,数百万的美国人民正在看着我们,他们并不关心政治。他们真正关心的是他们真实的生活。他们中的许多人已经花了几个月的时间寻找工作。还有其他的一些人在尽他们的最大努力勉强维持生活—他们为了节约汽油或者偿还贷款而放弃夜晚外出和家人在一起;为了送孩子上大学而延缓了退休。

These men and women grew up with faith in an America wherehard work and responsibility paid off.They believed in a country whereeveryone gets a fair shake and does their fair share -- where if you steppedup, did your job, and were loyal to your company, that loyalty would berewarded with a decent salary and good benefits; maybe a raise once in awhile.If you did the right thing, you could make it.Anybody couldmake it in America.

这些人民是在美国按劳分配的信念下成长起来。他们坚信在这个国家,每个人都应当得到一个公平的待遇和公平的分配—如果你想提高生活品质,努力工作,忠于你的公司,带来的回报是获得一个体面的薪水和良好的福利,有时也许还会获得晋升加薪。如果你做对了,你就将得到这些。所有的美国人民都可以做到。

For decades now, Americans have watched that compacterode.They have seen the decks too often stacked against them.Andthey know that Washington has not always put their interests first.

这十年来,美国人民发现这份信念已被侵蚀。他们看到经常被暗做手脚来对待。他们知道掌权者已经不再总是把他们当做第一优先。

The people of this country work hard to meet theirresponsibilities.The question tonight is whether we’ll meet ours. The question is whether, in the face of an ongoing national crisis, we can stopthe political circus and actually do something to help the economy. (Applause.)The question is -- the question is whether we can restoresome of the fairness and security that has defined this nation since ourbeginning.   

这个国家的人民用辛勤的工作来担负起他们的责任。今晚的问题是我们是否愿意承担起我们的责任。问题是,我们是否愿意,面对不间断的国家危机,我们能够停止政治马戏,为了帮助经济来真正做点什么。(鼓掌) 问题是--(应该此刻掌声未停,被掌声打断)问题是我们是否能够恢复自从我们这个国家开始时就被定义的公平和安全保障。

Those of us here tonight can’t solve all our nation’swoes.Ultimately, our recovery will be driven not by Washington, but byour businesses and our workers.But we can help.We can make a difference.There are steps we can take rightnow to improve people’s lives.

在这里,我们中的那些人不能解决我们国家所有的困难。到最后,我们的恢复将不是被华盛顿的掌权者所驱动,而是我们的商业和我们的工人。但是,我们可以提供帮助。我们可以促进他们。 我们可以现在就来采取一些正确的措施来提升人民的生活。

I am sending this Congress a plan that you should passright away.It’s called the American Jobs Act.There should benothing controversial about this piece of legislation.Everything in hereis the kind of proposal that’s been supported by both Democrats and Republicans-- including many who sit here tonight.And everything in this bill willbe paid for.Everything.(Applause.)

我正在提交一个方案给国会,而你们应该立刻通过。这叫做美国就业法案。这个立法法案不应该有任何的争议。法案中的所有提议都已经获得包括民主党与共和党的支持--也包括今晚坐在这里的你们中的许多人。法案中的所有账单都应该被偿还。所有的。(鼓掌)

The purpose of the American Jobs Act is simple:toput more people back to work and more money in the pockets of those who areworking.It will create more jobs for construction workers, more jobs forteachers, more jobs for veterans, and more jobs for long-term unemployed. (Applause.)It will provide -- it will provide a tax break for companieswho hire new workers, and it will cut payroll taxes in half for every workingAmerican and every small business.(Applause.)It will provide ajolt to an economy that has stalled, and give companies confidence that if theyinvest and if they hire, there will be customers for their products andservices.You should pass this jobs plan right away. (Applause.)

美国就业法案的目标很简单:让更多的人返回工作岗位,让努力工作人们的口袋里更有钱。这将为建筑工人创造更多的工作岗位,教师更多的工作岗位,退伍军人更多的工作岗位,以及长期失业者更多的工作岗位。(鼓掌) 这将为--(应该此刻掌声未停,被掌声打断)这将为雇佣新工人的公司提供减税。这将为停滞的经济提供动力,如果公司投资和雇佣职员,将给予他们以信心,他们的产品和服务将会有顾客和订单。你们应该立刻通过这个法案。(鼓掌)

Everyone here knows that small businesses are where mostnew jobs begin.And you know that while corporate profits have comeroaring back, smaller companies haven’t.So for everyone who speaks sopassionately about making life easier for “job creators,” this plan is foryou.(Applause.)

这里的所有人都知道中小企业是创造最多新工作岗位的地方。你们也知道当大企业的利润恢复的时候,中小企业并没有。所以,对于所有热情呼吁让“工作创造者”生活得更轻松的每个人,这个法案是给你们的。(鼓掌)

Pass this jobs bill -- pass this jobs bill, and startingtomorrow, small businesses will get a tax cut if they hire new workers or ifthey raise workers’ wages.Pass this jobs bill, and all small businessowners will also see their payroll taxes cut in half next year. (Applause.)If you have 50 employees -- if you have 50 employees makingan average salary, that’s an $80,000 tax cut.And all businesses will beable to continue writing off the investments they make in 2012.

通过就业法案--通过就业法案,明天就开始执行,中小商业如果雇佣新工人或者提高工人的报酬就将获得减税。通过就业法案,中小企业主也将看到明年他们的工资税减半。(鼓掌) 如果你有50个雇员,--如果你有50个雇员,平均将有8万美金的减税。而且所有的企业将冲销2012年的投资。

It’s not just Democrats whohave supported this kind of proposal.Fifty House Republicans haveproposed the same payroll tax cut that’s in this plan.You should pass itright away.(Applause.)

不仅仅是民主党人支持这样的目标。50名共和党国会议员已经提议类似同样的减税政策。你们应该立刻通过(鼓掌)

Pass this jobs bill, and we can put people to workrebuilding America.Everyone here knows we have badly decaying roads andbridges all over the country.Our highways are clogged withtraffic.Our skies are the most congested in the world.It’s anoutrage.   

通过就业法案,我们可以让人们工作以重建美国。这里的所有人知道遍及我们的国家有严重破损的道路和桥梁。我们的高速公路阻塞了交通。我们的天空是世界上最拥挤的。这令人愤慨。

Building a world-class transportation system is part ofwhat made us a economic superpower.And now we’re going to sit back andwatch China build newer airports and faster railroads?At a time whenmillions of unemployed construction workers could build them right here in America? (Applause.)

建设一个世界级的交通系统是让我们成为超级经济大国的一个部分。而如今正在看到中国建设最新的机场和高速铁路时,我们感受到已落后。何时,数百万的失业建筑工人可以在美国建设这些?(鼓掌)

There are private construction companies all acrossAmerica just waiting to get to work.There’s a bridge that needs repairbetween Ohio and Kentucky that’s on one of the busiest trucking routes in NorthAmerica.A public transit project in Houston that will help clear up oneof the worst areas of traffic in the country.And there are schoolsthroughout this country that desperately need renovating.How can we expectour kids to do their best in places that are literally falling apart? This is America.Every child deserves a great school -- and we can giveit to them, if we act now.(Applause.)

这里有整个美国的私人建筑企业正等待着开始工作。而在俄亥俄和肯塔基之间有座桥梁需要修复,而这里是美国北部最繁忙的货运枢纽。在休斯顿的一个公共交通项目将帮助改善这个国家最糟糕的交通地区。而遍布全国的学校急需休整。我们又如何能期待我们的孩子能够在一个逐渐衰落的地方做到最好。(鼓掌)

The American Jobs Act will repair and modernize at least35,000 schools.It will put people to work right now fixing roofs andwindows, installing science labs and high-speed Internet in classrooms allacross this country.It will rehabilitate homes and businesses incommunities hit hardest by foreclosures.It will jumpstart thousands oftransportation projects all across the country.And to make sure themoney is properly spent, we’re building on reforms we’ve already put inplace.No more earmarks.No more boondoggles.No more bridgesto nowhere.We’re cutting the red tape that prevents some of theseprojects from getting started as quickly as possible.And we’ll set up anindependent fund to attract private dollars and issue loans based on twocriteria:how badly a construction project is needed and how much good itwill do for the economy.(Applause.)

美国就业法案将至少修复35000所学校并且使之现代化。这将使人们现在可以去工作,修复整个国家的学校教室的屋顶和窗户,安装科学实验室和教室的高速因特网。为了确保资金恰当的使用,我们正在建设已经在推进中的改革。不再有专项拨款。不在有不经济的利用。不再有通向荒芜之地的桥梁。我们正在去除官僚习气来预防这里面的一些项目偷工减料。我们将基于两个准则设立一个独立基金来吸引私人资金和发放贷款:一个基础设施项目有多么急需和它将为经济作出多好的贡献。(鼓掌)

This idea came from a bill written by a Texas Republicanand a Massachusetts Democrat.The idea for a big boost in construction issupported by America’s largest business organization and America’s largestlabor organization.It’s the kind of proposal that’s been supported inthe past by Democrats and Republicans alike.You should pass it rightaway.(Applause.)

这样的想法来自于一个德克萨斯共和党人和一个马萨诸塞民主党人所写的提案。这样庞大的在建设领域的振兴计划获得了美国最大商业组织和美国最大劳工组织的支持。类似这样的提议也在过去获得民主共和两党共同的支持。你们应该立即通过。(鼓掌)

Pass this jobs bill, and thousands of teachers in everystate will go back to work.These are the men and women charged withpreparing our children for a world where the competition has never beentougher.But while they’re adding teachers in places like South Korea,we’re laying them off in droves.It’s unfair to our kids.Itundermines their future and ours.And it has to stop.Pass this bill,and put our teachers back in the classroom where they belong.(Applause.)

通过就业法案,每个州有上千的老师将返回工作。这将使得男人和女人们为我们的孩子面对来自全世界从来不曾激烈的竞争做好充电的准备。但是当他们正在增加来自某处比如韩国的老师时,我们就把他们解雇了。这对我们的孩子来说是不公平的。这破坏了他们和我们的前途。这必须停止。通过就业法案,让老师们返回本该属于他们的教室。(鼓掌)

Pass this jobs bill, and companies will get extra taxcredits if they hire America’s veterans.We ask these men and women toleave their careers, leave their families, risk their lives to fight for ourcountry.The last thing they should have to do is fight for a job whenthey come home.(Applause.)

通过就业法案,如果企业雇佣退伍军人,将得到额外的税收抵免。我们让这些男人和女人们离开他们的职业,离开他们的家庭,冒着生命的危险为国家战斗。当他们回家后,他们最后的一件事就是可以为工作而奋斗。

Pass this bill, and hundreds of thousands of disadvantagedyoung people will have the hope and the dignity of a summer job nextyear.And their parents -- (applause) -- their parents, low-incomeAmericans who desperately want to work, will have more ladders out of poverty.

通过法案,成百上千没有经验、处于社会弱势的年轻人可以在明年拥有希望以及获得一个有尊严的暑期打工岗位。他们的父母-- (鼓掌) --他们的父母,在拼命寻找工作的美国低收入群体,将有更多走出贫穷的机会。

Pass this jobs bill, and companies will get a$4,000 tax credit if they hire anyone who has spent more than six monthslooking for a job.(Applause.)We have to do more to help thelong-term unemployed in their search for work.This jobs plan builds on aprogram in Georgia that several Republican leaders have highlighted, wherepeople who collect unemployment insurance participate in temporary work as away to build their skills while they look for a permanent job.The planalso extends unemployment insurance for another year.(Applause.) If the millions of unemployed Americans stopped getting this insurance, andstopped using that money for basic necessities, it would be a devastating blowto this economy.Democrats and Republicans in this chamber have supportedunemployment insurance plenty of times in the past.And in this time ofprolonged hardship, you should pass it again -- right away.(Applause.)

通过就业法案,如果企业雇佣一个超过6个月没有找到工作的人,将获得$4000块的税收抵免。(鼓掌) 我们必须帮助那些长期失业的人寻找到工作。这项工作方案基于一些佐治亚州共和党领袖已经重点提出的方案建立, 在那里,人们募集临时工作中的失业保险来培训他们的技能,以便他们能找到稳定工作。这份法案同时延长失业保险到第二年。(鼓掌) 如果上百万的美国失业者停止领取保险,他们将没有钱去购买基本生活必需品。在这里的民主共和两党在过去已经支持增加失业保险的发放时间。而在这段持续危机的时刻,你们应该再次通过--立刻,马上。(鼓掌)

Pass this jobs bill, and the typical workingfamily will get a $1,500 tax cut next year.Fifteen hundred dollars thatwould have been taken out of your pocket will go into your pocket.Thisexpands on the tax cut that Democrats and Republicans already passed for thisyear.If we allow that tax cut to expire -- if we refuse to act --middle-class families will get hit with a tax increase at the worst possibletime.We can’t let that happen.I know that some of you have swornoaths to never raise any taxes on anyone for as long as you live.Now isnot the time to carve out an exception and raise middle-class taxes, which iswhy you should pass this bill right away. (Applause.)   

通过就业法案,典型的蓝领家庭将在明年得到¥1500块的税收减免。一千五百块将从我们的口袋掏出进入你们的口袋。这项详细的税收减免计划已经在今年得到民主共和两党通过。如果我们让这项减税过期--如果我们拒绝实行—中产阶级家庭将在这个最可能危机的时期由于税收大幅上升而遭受打击。我们不能让那种情况发生。我知道你们中的一些人发誓在你们的永生之年永不对任何人加税。而现在绝不是一个特列给中产阶级加税的时期,这就是你们应该立刻通过法案的原因。(鼓掌)

This is the AmericanJobs Act.It will lead to new jobs for construction workers, forteachers, for veterans, for first responders, young people and the long-termunemployed.It will provide tax credits to companies that hire newworkers, tax relief to small business owners, and tax cuts for the middleclass.And here’s the other thing I want the American people toknow:The American Jobs Act will not add to the deficit.It will bepaid for.And here’s how.(Applause.)

这就是美国就业法案。它将导向为建筑工人、教师、退伍军人、初入社会的年轻人和长期失业者创造工作岗位。它将为雇佣新工人的公司提供税收抵免,为中小企业主减税,为中产阶级家庭减税。在这里我还有另外一件事想要告诉美国人民:美国就业法案将不会增加赤字。它将被还清。下面就是我们如何做到。(鼓掌)

The agreement wepassed in July will cut government spending by about $1 trillion over the next10 years.It also charges this Congress to come up with an additional$1.5 trillion in savings by Christmas.Tonight, I am asking you toincrease that amount so that it covers the full cost of the American JobsAct.And a week from Monday, I’ll be releasing a more ambitious deficitplan -- a plan that will not only cover the cost of this jobs bill, butstabilize our debt in the long run.(Applause.)

我们在七月已经通过协议将在未来10年裁减大约1万亿的政府开支。而且还要求在圣诞前这届国会再提出额外节约1.5万亿的计划。今晚,我要求你们增加这个计划中节约开支的数字以便可以平衡掉由于美国就业法案而产生的开支。从星期一开始一周后,我将释放出一个更加庞大的降低赤字方案--这份方案不仅将平衡掉就业法案的开支,而且使我们的长期债务趋于稳定。(鼓掌)

This approach isbasically the one I’ve been advocating for months.In addition to thetrillion dollars of spending cuts I’ve already signed into law, it’s a balancedplan that would reduce the deficit by making additional spending cuts, bymaking modest adjustments to health care programs like Medicare and Medicaid,and by reforming our tax code in a way that asks the wealthiest Americans andbiggest corporations to pay their fair share.(Applause.)What’smore, the spending cuts wouldn’t happen so abruptly that they’d be a drag onour economy, or prevent us from helping small businesses and middle-classfamilies get back on their feet right away.

这基本上是我已经呼吁一个月的方案之一。而且,1万亿的政府开支裁减方案我已经签字形成法律,这是一个通过减少额外花费而降低赤字的平衡方案,通过适度的调整卫生保健规划例如医疗保险和医疗保护计划,并且通过一种让最健康的美国公民和最大的企业支付他们本应负担的份额来改革我们的税法。(鼓掌)更重要的是,裁减开支将是循序渐进而不会产生紧缩影响经济,或者影响我们帮助中小企业和中产阶级家庭立刻回到以前的状况。

Now, I realize there are some in my party whodon’t think we should make any changes at all to Medicare and Medicaid, and Iunderstand their concerns.But here’s the truth:Millions ofAmericans rely on Medicare in their retirement.And millions more will doso in the future.They pay for this benefit during their workingyears.They earn it.But with an aging population and rising healthcare costs, we are spending too fast to sustain the program.And if wedon’t gradually reform the system while protecting current beneficiaries, itwon’t be there when future retirees need it.We have to reform Medicareto strengthen it.(Applause.)

现在,我意识到在我们党内有些人,他们认为我们不应该对医疗保险和医疗补助计划做任何根本性改变,我理解他们的关切。但是真相是这样:上百万的美国人在退休后依赖医疗保险。更多的人将来也同样这样。他们在工作时期为此支付保险费用。他们自己挣的钱。但是随着人口老龄化和卫生保健成本的提高,我们为了维持这项计划而产生的支出越来越快。如果我们不能逐渐为保护现有的利益改革这项体制,当未来的退休者需要时,它将不复存在。我们必须改革医疗保险来使之强化。(鼓掌)

I am also -- I’m alsowell aware that there are many Republicans who don’t believe we should raisetaxes on those who are most fortunate and can best afford it.But here iswhat every American knows:While most people in this country struggle tomake ends meet, a few of the most affluent citizens and most profitablecorporations enjoy tax breaks and loopholes that nobody else gets.Rightnow, Warren Buffett pays a lower tax rate than his secretary -- an outrage hehas asked us to fix.(Laughter.)We need a tax code where everyonegets a fair shake and where everybody pays their fair share. (Applause.)And by the way, I believe the vast majority of wealthyAmericans and CEOs are willing to do just that if it helps the economy grow andgets our fiscal house in order.   

我还--我还知道有许多共和党人,他们并不认为我们应该对那些最富有的和最能够承担的群体提高税收。但是这里有每个美国人知道的事情:当这个国家大多数的人在为收支平衡而努力奋斗时,一部分少量的最富裕人群和最赚钱的公司在享受别人不知道的税收优惠和漏洞。现在,巴菲特在付比他秘书还低的税率—他已经要求我们修复这一个难以令人置信的现象。(笑声)我们需要一个人人平等并且每个人应该负担本该负担的税法。顺便说说,我相信大部分富裕的美国人和CEO们愿意这样做,如果这样能够帮助经济增长,使得财政恢复次序。

I’ll also offer ideasto reform a corporate tax code that stands as a monument to special interestinfluence in Washington.By eliminating pages of loopholes anddeductions, we can lower one of the highest corporate tax rates in theworld.(Applause.)Our tax code should not give an advantage tocompanies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists.It should give anadvantage to companies that invest and create jobs right here in the UnitedStates of America.(Applause.)

我还将提供一些想法来改革公司税法,公司税法如一座丰碑一样屹立着受到华盛顿特别利益的影响。通过取消漏洞和优惠减免,我们能降低世界上最高的企业税率。(鼓掌)我们的税法不应为那些最能为说客支付费用的公司提供便利。而是应该给那些,此刻就在美国,能够投资和创造工作机会的公司提供便利。(鼓掌)

So we can reduce thisdeficit, pay down our debt, and pay for this jobs plan in the process. But in order to do this, we have to decide what our priorities are.Wehave to ask ourselves, “What’s the best way to grow the economy and createjobs?”

因此我们能够减少赤字,还清我们的负债,为进行中的就业法案提供费用。但是为了能够做这些,我们必须决定我们的优先次序。我们必须问自己,“什么是拉动经济成长和创造工作机会最好的方法?”

Should we keep taxloopholes for oil companies?Or should we use that money to give smallbusiness owners a tax credit when they hire new workers?Because we can’tafford to do both.Should we keep tax breaks for millionaires andbillionaires?Or should we put teachers back to work so our kids cangraduate ready for college and good jobs?(Applause.)Right now, wecan’t afford to do both.

我们应该为石油公司维持税收漏洞吗?或者当中小企业主雇用新的工人时,我们应该把那些钱给他们用来抵免税收吗?因为我们没有能力同时做到这些,我们应该给百万富翁和亿万富翁保持税收优惠吗?还是我们应该让老师们回去工作,这样我们的孩子就可以毕业后准备好上大学和获得好的工作?(鼓掌)此时此刻,我们不能同时满足。

This isn’t politicalgrandstanding.This isn’t class warfare.This is simple math. (Laughter.)This is simple math.These are real choices. These are real choices that we’ve got to make.And I’m pretty sure I knowwhat most Americans would choose.It’s not even close.And it’stime for us to do what’s right for our future. (Applause.)      

这不是政治秀。这不是阶级矛盾。这是简单的数学题。(笑声)这是简单的数学题。这是真正面临的选择。这是我们真正面对而必须作出决定的选择。而我很确信我知道大多数的美国人民将要选择什么。它甚至还没有完全形成共识。而现在是我们要作出对我们未来是正确的什么事情的时候了。

Now, the AmericanJobs Act answers the urgent need to create jobs right away.But we can’tstop there.As I’ve argued since I ran for this office, we have to lookbeyond the immediate crisis and start building an economy that lasts into thefuture -- an economy that creates good, middle-class jobs that pay well andoffer security.We now live in a world where technology has made it possiblefor companies to take their business anywhere.If we want them to starthere and stay here and hire here, we have to be able to out-build andout-educate and out-innovate every other country on Earth.(Applause.)

现在,美国就业法案即刻回应了创造就业机会的迫切需求。但是我们不能停在这里。就像我在竞选总统辩论时候说的,我们必须着眼于超越眼见的危机,开始构建一个持续到未来的经济架构--一个可以创造好的、中产阶级的、带来丰厚而稳定收入的工作机会的经济体。我们现在生活在一个新技术可以驱动公司无论在何处都可以做生意的世界,如果我们要他们从这里开始,留在这里,并且在这里雇用人员,那么我们必须能够比地球上其他每个任何国家要超出建设、超出教育、超出创新才行。

And this task ofmaking America more competitive for the long haul, that’s a job for all ofus.For government and for private companies.For states and forlocal communities -- and for every American citizen.All of us will haveto up our game.All of us will have to change the way we dobusiness.

这项为了使美国更富有竞争力的任务是长期努力的方向,是我们所有人的任务。为了政府和私营企业,为了州和本土社区 —— 为了每一个美国公民。我们所有人都将要加入竞争。我们所有人都将要改变我们做事的方式。

My administration can and will take somesteps to improve our competitiveness on our own.For example, if you’re asmall business owner who has a contract with the federal government, we’regoing to make sure you get paid a lot faster than you do right now. (Applause.)We’re also planning to cut away the red tape that preventstoo many rapidly growing startup companies from raising capital and goingpublic.And to help responsible homeowners, we’re going to work withfederal housing agencies to help more people refinance their mortgages atinterest rates that are now near 4 percent.That’s a step -- (applause)-- I know you guys must be for this, because that’s a step that can put morethan $2,000 a year in a family’s pocket, and give a lift to an economy stillburdened by the drop in housing prices.

我的政府能够和愿意采取一些措施来提升我们自己的竞争力。例如,如果你是一个和联邦政府有合约的中小企业主,我们现在正计划让你确信比你想像中更快速的付款。(鼓掌)我们还在计划去处官场习气,预防许多快速发展的创业公司难以募集资金和上市。对于帮助贷款履约的房屋主,我们将和联邦房产机构协商,通过降低房贷近4%的利率来帮助更多的人还清房屋贷款。这是一项措施——(鼓掌)——我知道你们都为此而努力,因为这个措施能够给一个家庭的口袋增加$2000块钱一年,并且对于房价下跌不堪重负的经济予以帮助。

So, some things we can do on our own. Other steps will require congressional action.Today you passed reformthat will speed up the outdated patent process, so that entrepreneurs can turna new idea into a new business as quickly as possible. That’s the kind ofaction we need.Now it’s time to clear the way for a series of tradeagreements that would make it easier for American companies to sell theirproducts in Panama and Colombia and South Korea -– while also helping theworkers whose jobs have been affected by global competition. (Applause.)If Americans can buy Kias and Hyundais, I want to see folksin South Korea driving Fords and Chevys and Chryslers.(Applause.) I want to see more products sold around the world stamped with the three proudwords:“Made in America.”That’s what we need to get done. (Applause.)

And on all of ourefforts to strengthen competitiveness, we need to look for ways to work side byside with America’s businesses.That’s why I’ve brought together a JobsCouncil of leaders from different industries who are developing a wide range ofnew ideas to help companies grow and create jobs.

因此,有些事情我们可以自己去做。其他措施将需要国会来通过法案。今天你们通过的改革措施将加快过期的税收优惠许可进程,一个企业家就可以尽可能加快转变一个新的创意到一个新的业务上。那就是我们需要通过的法案。现在是清除一系列协议障碍的时候了,这将使美国企业在巴拿马、哥伦比亚以及南韩销售产品更加容易,这也将帮助那些已经受到全球竞争影响到工作岗位的工人。(鼓掌)如果美国人能够买下韩国的起亚和现代公司,我想看到韩国人驾驶着福特、雪弗莱和克莱斯勒汽车。(鼓掌)我想看到更多的产品在全世界销售,上面的商标刻着三个骄傲的字:“美国制造”,这就是我们需要做到的。(鼓掌)在我们所有强化竞争力的努力中,我们需要寻找到和美国商业并肩作战的方法。这就是为什么我要把不同行业的工会领袖聚集到一起的原因,这样他们就能形成一个更加广泛的共识,那就是帮助企业成长,创造更多的工作机会。

Already, we’vemobilized business leaders to train 10,000 American engineers a year, byproviding company internships and training.Other businesses are coveringtuition for workers who learn new skills at community colleges.And we’regoing to make sure the next generation of manufacturing takes root not in Chinaor Europe, but right here, in the United States of America.(Applause) If we provide the right incentives, the right support -- and if we make sureour trading partners play by the rules -- we can be the ones to buildeverything from fuel-efficient cars to advanced biofuels to semiconductors thatwe sell all around the world.That’s how America can be number oneagain.And that’s how America will be number one again. (Applause.)   

我们已经调动商业领袖通过提供公司实习和训练机会来每年训练1万个美国工程师。还有其他的行业正通过在社区大学为工人补充教程来学习新的技能。而我们确信下一代的工业产业将不再扎根于中国或者欧洲,而是在这里,就在美利坚合众国。(鼓掌)如果我们能提供正确的刺激政策,提供正确的支持——如果我们确信我们的贸易伙伴能够按照规则参与竞争——我们能够成为每个行业的第一,从高效节能汽车到领先的生物燃料科技,到半导体,我们将销售到整个世界。这就是为什么美国能够再次成为世界第一。这就是为什么美国能够再次成为世界第一。(鼓掌)

Now, I realize thatsome of you have a different theory on how to grow the economy.Some ofyou sincerely believe that the only solution to our economic challenges is tosimply cut most government spending and eliminate most governmentregulations.(Applause.)

现在,我知道你们中的有些人对于如何振兴经济有着不同的理论。你们中的有些人由衷的相信解决我们当前经济挑战的唯一方案就是简单的裁减政府开支和排除大部分的政府规则。(鼓掌)

Well, I agree that wecan’t afford wasteful spending, and I’ll work with you, with Congress, to rootit out.And I agree that there are some rules and regulations that do putan unnecessary burden on businesses at a time when they can least affordit.(Applause.)That’s why I ordered a review of all governmentregulations.So far, we’ve identified over 500 reforms, which will savebillions of dollars over the next few years.(Applause.)We shouldhave no more regulation than the health, safety and security of the Americanpeople require.Every rule should meet that common-sense test. (Applause.)

好吧,我同意我们不能再浪费无谓的花费,而我将和你们,和国会一起并肩作战,将其展根铲除。我也同意这里有一些繁文缛节,确实对于商业企业来说是担负起一个毫无需要也无力承受的负担。(鼓掌)这也是为何我下令对于所有政府规定进行一个全面的检讨。到目前为止,我们已经制定了500个改革措施,这将在未来数年节省上亿的金钱。(鼓掌) 我们制定所有的规定都应该满足美国人民健康、安全和保障的需要。所有的规则都应该经得起常识的考验。(鼓掌)

But what we can’t do -- what I will not do --is let this economic crisis be used as an excuse to wipe out the basicprotections that Americans have counted on for decades.(Applause.) I reject the idea that we need to ask people to choose between their jobs andtheir safety.I reject the argument that says for the economy to grow, wehave to roll back protections that ban hidden fees by credit card companies, orrules that keep our kids from being exposed to mercury, or laws that preventthe health insurance industry from shortchanging patients.I reject theidea that we have to strip away collective bargaining rights to compete in aglobal economy.(Applause.)We shouldn’t be in a race to thebottom, where we try to offer the cheapest labor and the worst pollutionstandards.America should be in a race to the top.And I believe wecan win that race.(Applause.)

In fact, this larger notion that the onlything we can do to restore prosperity is just dismantle government, refundeverybody’s money, and let everyone write their own rules, and tell everyonethey’re on their own -- that’s not who we are.That’s not the story ofAmerica.   

Yes, we are ruggedindividualists.Yes, we are strong and self-reliant.And it hasbeen the drive and initiative of our workers and entrepreneurs that has madethis economy the engine and the envy of the world.

但是我们不能做什么——我不愿意做什么——就是让经济危机成为抹除美国人民十年来所依赖的保障的借口。(鼓掌)我拒绝那些要人民在工作机会和安全保障中做选择的想法。我拒绝那些争论,说是为了经济的成长,我们必须要回到以前保护那些已经被查封的有隐藏收费行为的信用卡公司,或者那些使我们的孩子不暴露在水银下的规则,或者防止健康保险行业欺骗病人的法律。我拒绝那些在全球化竞争中我们必须停止工会集体讨价还价自身权利的想法。(鼓掌)我们不应该在一场竞赛中陷入降低品质的地步,在那里我们极力提供最廉价的劳工和最糟糕的污染标准。美国应该是处于最高品质的竞争。并且我坚信我们能够赢得那场竞争。(鼓掌)事实上,在这个更大的概念中,恢复繁荣我们唯一能做的事情就是解散政府,把钱还给人民,让每个人确立自己的规则,告诉每个人他们就是他们自己—— 可那不是我们。这不是美国的故事。是的,我们是坚定的独立主义者。是的,我们强大-信赖自己。这将驱动和激发我们的工人和企业家们成为世界经济的引擎,令全世界感到羡慕。

But there’s alwaysbeen another thread running throughout our history -- a belief that we’re allconnected, and that there are some things we can only do together, as a nation.

但是这里始终有另一种精神贯穿于我们的历史——我们团结一心的信念,有些事情我们只能作为一个整体一起去完成。

We all rememberAbraham Lincoln as the leader who saved our Union.Founder of theRepublican Party.But in the middle of a civil war, he was also a leaderwho looked to the future -- a Republican President who mobilized government tobuild the Transcontinental Railroad -- (applause) -- launch the NationalAcademy of Sciences, set up the first land grant colleges. (Applause.)And leaders of both parties have followed the example heset.

我们大家都记得林肯,作为一个领袖挽救了我们的国家。共和党的创立者。但是在独立战争的中期,他也是一个有远见的领袖——一个调动政府力量建造跨越大陆铁路——(鼓掌)——发起国家科学院,建立第一所政府赠地大学的共和党总统。两党都一直在追随他作为榜样的领袖。

Ask yourselves --where would we be right now if the people who sat here before us decided not tobuild our highways, not to build our bridges, our dams, our airports? What would this country be like if we had chosen not to spend money on publichigh schools, or research universities, or community colleges?Millionsof returning heroes, including my grandfather, had the opportunity to go toschool because of the G.I. Bill.Where would we be if they hadn’t hadthat chance?(Applause.)

再问问你自己——如果坐在我们这里的前人们决定不建造我们的铁路,我们的桥梁,我们的水坝,我们的机场,我们会在那里呢?如果我们选择不投资建立公立高中,或者研究性大学,或者社区大学,我们的国家将会变得怎样?包括我的祖父在内的上百万从战场归来的英雄,有机会去上学全是由于美国士兵法案。如果他们没有那个机会我们将会在哪里?(鼓掌)

How many jobs wouldit have cost us if past Congresses decided not to support the basic researchthat led to the Internet and the computer chip?What kind of countrywould this be if this chamber had voted down Social Security or Medicare justbecause it violated some rigid idea about what government could or could notdo?(Applause.)How many Americans would have suffered as aresult?

如果往届国会决定不支持因特网和计算机芯片的基础研究,我们将会损失多少工作机会?如果这届国会只是因为政府违背了一些关于政府应该或者不应该做什么的僵硬想法而投票否决社会保障或者医疗保险,这个国家将会怎样?(鼓掌)有多少美国人将为此而遭受苦难?

No single individualbuilt America on their own.We built it together.We have been, andalways will be, one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justicefor all; a nation with responsibilities to ourselves and with responsibilitiesto one another.And members of Congress, it is time for us to meet ourresponsibilities.(Applause.)

没有一个人能独自凭自己的力量建设美国。我们共同建设的。我们曾经一直,未来也将一起是一个国家,在上帝的指引下,不可分裂的,为所有人带来自由与正义;一个对我们自身和彼此担负起责任的国家。国会的成员们,现在就是你们担负起责任的时刻。(鼓掌)

Every proposal I’velaid out tonight is the kind that’s been supported by Democrats and Republicansin the past.Every proposal I’ve laid out tonight will be paid for. And every proposal is designed to meet the urgent needs of our people and ourcommunities.

今晚我提出的每一项建议都是过去曾得到两党的支持。今晚我提出的每一项提议的支出都将被偿还。每一项建议都是为了设计来回应民众和社区的迫切需要。

Now, I know there’sbeen a lot of skepticism about whether the politics of the moment will allow usto pass this jobs plan -- or any jobs plan.Already, we’re seeing thesame old press releases and tweets flying back and forth.Already, themedia has proclaimed that it’s impossible to bridge our differences.Andmaybe some of you have decided that those differences are so great that we canonly resolve them at the ballot box.

现在,我知道这里有很多人怀疑在这样一个政治敏感时期是否允许我们通过这项就业法案—— 或者任何就业法案。我们已经看到同样老套的发布会和种种如苍蝇般的推特言论。媒体已经声明弥合我们的分歧是不可能的。也许,有些人认为我们之间的分歧如此的大,我们只能通过投票箱才能解决,

But know this: The next election is 14 months away.And the people who sent us here --the people who hired us to work for them -- they don’t have the luxury ofwaiting 14 months.(Applause.)Some of them are living week toweek, paycheck to paycheck, even day to day.They need help, and theyneed it now.

但是你们知道这些:下一次选举在14个月至后,而人民,把我们送到这里的人民---那些雇佣我们,让我们为他们工作的人民,他们没有等待14个月的这样奢侈的时间。(鼓掌) 他们中的一些人一周一周的生活,不停的支付账单,甚至度日如艰。他们需要帮助,他们现在就需要帮助。

I don’t pretend thatthis plan will solve all our problems. It should not be, nor will it be, thelast plan of action we propose.What’s guided us from the start of thiscrisis hasn’t been the search for a silver bullet.It’s been a commitmentto stay at it -- to be persistent -- to keep trying every new idea that works,and listen to every good proposal, no matter which party comes up withit.

我并不假装认为这份法案将能够解决我们所有的困难。它也不应该,也将不可能成为我们设想的最后的行动方案。这个危机开始后指导我们的不是要去寻找一个灵丹妙药。而是一个持续地留在这执行——坚持不懈地——不停的尝试有效的新办法,聆听每个好的建议,不管是哪个党提出来的。

Regardless of thearguments we’ve had in the past, regardless of the arguments we will have inthe future, this plan is the right thing to do right now.You should passit.(Applause.)And I intend to take that message to every cornerof this country.(Applause.)And I ask -- I ask every American whoagrees to lift your voice:Tell the people who are gathered here tonightthat you want action now.Tell Washington that doing nothing is not anoption.Remind us that if we act as one nation and one people, we have itwithin our power to meet this challenge.

无论我们过去曾经有过争论,无论我们未来还将会有争论,通过这个法案是现在应该立刻做的正确的事情。你们应该通过。(鼓掌)我想要把这个信息传递给这个国家的每一个角落。(鼓掌) 我要求——我要求每个同意这项计划的美国人发出你们的声音:告诉今晚聚集在这里的议员们你们需要立刻行动起来。告诉华盛顿的掌权者什么都不做不是一个选项。提醒我们我们是否还是一个国家,一个人民,我们已经集聚力量应对挑战。

President Kennedyonce said, “Our problems are man-made –- therefore they can be solved byman.And man can be as big as he wants.”

肯尼迪总统曾经说过:“我们的困难是人为造成的——因此我们通过人来解决。我们的希望有多大,我们的成就就有多大。”

These are difficultyears for our country.But we are Americans.We are tougher thanthe times we live in, and we are bigger than our politics have been.Solet’s meet the moment.Let’s get to work, and let’s show the world onceagain why the United States of America remains the greatest nation onEarth.(Applause.)

我们的国家现在处于困难的时期。但是我们是美国人。我们要比生活的时代更加坚强,我们要比政治更加强大。让我们迎接这个时刻。让我们投入到工作中,让我们再一次给世界展现为什么美利坚合众国仍然是地球上最伟大的国家。(鼓掌)

Thank you very much.God bless you, andGod bless the United States of America.(Applause.)

非常感谢。上帝保佑你们。上帝保佑美国。(鼓掌)

傲慢的裁决 发表于 2011-9-10 18:10

建设基础设施来达到稳定社会确实是一个办法,但是奥巴马提出的提案实在是太[美国人]化了.所谓美国人化,就是花钱,疯狂的,不计回报地花钱.
这样债务的窟窿会越来越大...

学识1949 发表于 2011-9-10 19:01

当奥巴马的愿望达成的时候,米国的工资水平降到中国的一半才行

简唯翎 发表于 2011-9-10 19:31

- -个人感觉,米国这样到周末就没人上班视休假为理所当然的国度……这个复兴有点难啊……
页: [1] 2
查看完整版本: (9.9每日电讯)奥巴马豪言:下一代的工厂不是在中国,而是美国!