godstear4u 发表于 2011-9-23 12:44

纽约时报评论:天下p民是一家!围观米国JY理性思考深刻反思

本帖最后由 godstear4u 于 2011-9-23 13:15 编辑

【中文标题】美贫困上升引发关注失去的十年
【原文标题】Soaring Poverty Casts Spotlight on ‘Lost Decade’
【登载媒体】纽约时报
【来源地址】http://community.nytimes.com/comments/www.nytimes.com/2011/09/14/us/14census.html
【译者】godstear4u
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【译文】
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
精华回复
BR
Times Square
September 13th, 2011
11:35 am
We are entering an era of class warfare.
我们已经进入了阶级冲突的时代
The rich and the moneyed corporate interests and the Republicans in their pockets have been quite bold about this: no healthcare for the poor. No education for the poor. And the middle class is weakening and falling away while the ultrarich control more and more.
资本集团利益和他们的傀儡共和党人对此已经相当明目张胆了:穷人没有医保。穷人没有教育。中产阶级削弱甚至消失而超级富翁掌控得越来越多
The truth is, such a society is, overall, a poorer society. What I don't understand is why some middle class and some poor actually support Republican initiatives that make them poorer and hurt their own health and the education of their children. It is a stunning triumph of propaganda, where some people support policies that hurt them, because of false contrived bogeymen like freeloading illegals and welfare queens. And the entire country is suffering for this propaganda bought and paid for by the rich and the corporations who don't want to pay for your health and your education. And some of you agree with it! Insanity.
事实真相是,现在这个社会总体上已经越来越穷。我不明白的是为什么一些中产阶层和一些穷人居然支持要把他们变得更穷损害他们健康和子女教育的共和党。因为某些不劳而获的违法者和福利皇后这些怪物制造的假象而去支持伤害他们的政策,这的确让对方匪夷所思地不战而胜。而整个国家正遭受苦难,因为它要为这些政治私货花钱、为那些不想为你的健康和教育付钱的资本集团买单。而且你们居然欣然接受!真是疯了!
I thought it was "We the people," not "We the rich people and corporations." You who are poor and Republican or middle class and Republican: please take note of the war that is being waged against you, and reevaluate your support for policies which only impoverish you, bought and paid for by propaganda mouth pieces that appeal to your irrational fears rather than your sense of reason.
我认为政策受益的应该是我们人民而不是资本集团。如果你是贫穷共和党人或者中产共和党人,请记住这是一场对你们发动的战争,请重估你们支持这些政策的选择,这些政策让你变得越来越穷,让你不断为那些不合理的被害妄想型政治宣传陈词滥调买单。
RecommendRecommended by 1639 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Mrinal Jhangiani
Edgemont, NY
September 13th, 2011
11:35 am
We need to shift spending on foreign countries and spend on our fellow citizens. The money being spent on wars is money earned by Americans and kept aside by Americans - its now time to spend this heard earned money on our citizens betterment.
我们得把花到外国的钱花到我们自己国民身上。那些花到战争上的钱是我们美国人自己挣来留着以有备无患的,现在是时候把传说中的这些钱用来改善国民生活了
Its time to heal and bring our troops home - so funds raised and earned by Americans can be spent on Americans. Nothing we say or do will change anything in Afghanistan - only the afghani's can change themselves. What is that adage ' You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink!' Whats important is that we tried our utmost to change the situation there. Whats best about it is that we got Osama and made him pay with his life!
现在是时候和解把我们的军队带回家,这样美国人赚来攒来的钱可以花到美国人自己身上了。我们现在说的和做的不会改变阿富汗任何现状——只有阿富汗人自己能改变。这就是那句格言“牵马到河易,逼马饮水难”说的道理。重要的是我们为了改变那里的形式已经竭尽全力了。幸运的是我们已经抓到了奥萨那并让他血债血偿!
RecommendRecommended by 287 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Former New Yorker
Paris
September 13th, 2011
12:05 pm
How a family of four is supposed to survive on $22,000 a year beggars the mind. One thing's for sure--they definitely don't have any health insurance at this income level, and if a quarter of the country is struggling by below this level, the last two Republican presidential debates show just how completely divorced from reality the G.O.P. has become, since not a peep was heard about this tragic national epidemic of poverty.
我穷思竭虑也想不出一个四口之家一年靠22000美元如何生存。不过有一件事是肯定的,在这个收入水平他们没有任何医疗保险,而如果一个国家有四分之一的人在低于这个收入水平下挣扎,最近两场共和党总统辩论没有对贫穷像传染病一样的全国性悲剧吱一声,就已经说明这个大佬党有多么脱离现实了
RecommendRecommended by 842 Readers

HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Andy Hain
Carmel, CA
September 13th, 2011
12:05 pm
If this isn't humiliating, then I don't know what else could be. What's next, America, legalized cannibalism?
如果这还不算丢脸,那我不知道还有什么算得上了。美利坚,接下来会发生什么呢,人吃人合法?
After a 10-year+ GRUDGE WAR on credit, we won't raise a nickel to fight a war on joblessness.
在打了十年十几年透支的战争之后我们拿不出一分钱来对付失业
RecommendRecommended by 460 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Alicia R
New York, NY
September 13th, 2011
12:10 pm
At this point what angers me most is that the democrats don't seem to be willing to do anything about it. Obviously the republicans are in the pockets of lobbyists and don't care about destroying the social safety net - but where's the response? Without a party even willing to give lip service to protecting the interests of the poor and middle classes, where will we end up?
在此刻最让我愤怒的是民主党人看上去无动于衷。很明显共和党人都是受说客操纵的提线木偶而根本不关心社会安全信息网的损害。那么到底有谁对此有所反映?没有一个政党愿意给予保护穷人和中产阶级利益的口头承诺。我们要何去何从?
RecommendRecommended by 660 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Steve B.
USA
September 13th, 2011
12:12 pm
I read recently that the number of people without health insurance has increased this year too. In spite of that grand sellout Obama made with the industry. Or maybe because of it? We know he was committed to bailing out his rich Wall Street friends and public employee unions. But has anything Obama put his hands on helped the ordinary people of this country?
RecommendRecommended by 144 Readers
我最近也看到了今年没有医疗保险的人数上升的消息。尽管奥巴马把实体工业彻底出卖了,或许就是因为这个?我们知道他承诺救助他富有的华尔街好友和政府雇员。但是奥巴马有没有做任何事来帮助这个国家的普通人呢?
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Bri-Tee
The high desert
September 13th, 2011
12:20 pm
The plight of the middle-class is an abstraction to those in power because they never, ever have to balance a household budget, understand what it's like to live paycheck-to-paycheck, prioritize between necessities, or send their children to public schools.
中产阶级的困境对用于那些权贵而言太遥远太抽象了,因为他们从来不需要平衡家庭收支,靠薪水生活,在送孩子上公立学校和生活必须开支之间斟酌忧郁。
A huge portion of industrious middle-class people in this country live that way but even the slightest semblance of dignity is being taken away from their daily grinds. People are dispirited and depressed b/c it takes two people in a household to afford even somewhat decent daycare, our public schools are a wreck, healthcare and prescription drug costs are perverse and housing /jobs are as bleak as any time since WWII.
这个国家一大部分勤劳的中产阶级以这样的方式生活,但现在哪怕是他们最后一点虚假的尊严都在被从日常的苦工夺走。一个家庭必须父母都全职才能支付得起体面地幼儿日托服务,公立学校都破破烂烂,医保和处方药花费高的离谱,家政工作无人问津等现实让人们垂头丧气。
Still, the politicians play games to our detriment with the stupidest partisan banalities that I've ever seen. Divide and conquer is working out extremely well. We the people are obsessed with their gamesmanship, like its a spectator sport while the wealth of the nation is becoming singularly consolidated. The middle class is on life support and if this continues, I predict the eventual outcome will be less peaceful than most sane people would care for.
然而我们的政客们依然在玩那些充满陈词滥调的我所见过最愚蠢的祸国殃民的党派政治游戏。他们分而治之的手段极其管用。我们的人民像迷上大众体育运动一样被他们的这一绝招彻底蒙了,而这个国家的财富还在不断的被集中垄断。中产阶级在艰难维系着,如果这种情况持续,我预计最终后果恐怕不像最理智的那部分人所期望的那么和平。
RecommendRecommended by 577 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
waves
Buffalo, NY
September 13th, 2011
The situation is worse than reported, since the Census Bureau uses the official (falsified) inflation rate rather than a true inflation rate to convert 1973 dollars to 2010 dollars.
统计局使用官方(作假)的通货膨胀而不是1973年到2010年真实的通货膨胀率,自那以来实际情况比报道的还要糟。
Median wages might be officially reported to decline 2.8% over the last thirty years, but the real decline is more around 20% for the average working man.
官方报道过去30年收入中位数可能降低了2.8%,但对于普通工薪阶层真实数据可能低了20%
By comparison how much did Jeff Immelt, CEO of General Electric and the chairman of Obama's job council, fare this year?
通过减法算算GE的CEO、奥巴马的首席就业顾问Jeff Immelt今年花费多少?
He received a 172% raise, for a total compensation of $15.2 million
他收到的捐款上涨了172%,共达到1520万美元
RecommendRecommended by 553 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Trudy
NE
September 13th, 2011
Both parties are ignoring the main cause of unemployment, (1) outsourcing of jobs to countries that pay slave labor wages, no benefits and have no pollution control costs because they do no pollution control and (2) "guest" foreign workers here under the H1-B and other programs.
两党都忽视了导致失业的主要原因(1)把工作外包给了其他国家,这些国家给工人发血汗钱,没有员工福利没有污染治理花费因为他们根本就不进行污染治理。(2)拿不到H1-B或其他合法签证的外国黑工
Until that is fixed via tariffs or compensatory taxes, unemployment will be severe. Yet you never hear either party mention this.
除非通过增加关税和退税,否则失业将继续严重下去。但你听不到任何一个政党提起这些。
The other things to do are to end the Bush tax giveaway to the wealthy, which the Republicans block in the House, and end the stupid trillions a year wars which both parties support.
另一件要做的事是结束布什的给有钱人减税的政策,当时共和党霸者白宫结果在两党一直支持下每年花费上万亿打仗
Neither party has a Presidential candidate worth a d*mn, but at least the Democrats are less likely to cut Social Security and Medicare.
没有一个政党有合适的总统候选人,但至少民主党人削减社保和医保的可能性还少点。
RecommendRecommended by 390 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Joe D
Massachusetts
September 13th, 2011
1:04 pm
When I see this, I can't help but think about the continued relevancy of Paul Simon's American Tune (from 1973).
当我看到这个,我不禁想到保罗西蒙1973的歌美国调和现状实在太符合了
Many's the time I've been mistaken, and many times confused
我犯了很多错我困了很久惑
And I've often felt forsaken, and certainly misused.
我感觉被遗忘我遭到虐待
But it's all right, it's all right, I'm just weary to my bones
但这没关系,并不算什么,我早已彻骨地厌倦
Still, you don't expect to be bright and Bon Vivant
而你根本不用指望能舒坦逍遥
So far away from home, so far away from home.
远离家乡啊远离家乡
I don't know a soul who's not been battered
没有人不感到悲伤
Don't have a friend who feels at ease
难道没有一个可以让人感到放松的朋友吗
Don't know a dream that's not been shattered
难道没有一场没有支离破碎的梦吗
Or driven to it's knees.
要不就跪下认输吧
But it's all right, all right, We've lived so well so long
但没关系,没关系,我们已经活了那么久那么长
Still, when I think of the road we're traveling on,
但我依然在想起我们一起走过的路的时候
I wonder what went wrong, I can't help it
情不自禁的思索到底哪里出了错
I wonder what went wrong.
我想知道到底哪里出了错
And I dreamed I was flying. I dreamed my soul rose
我梦到自己飞起来了,我梦到自己的灵魂突然升天了
unexpectedly, and looking back down on me, smiled
看着地上自己的肉体欣慰地笑了
reassuringly, and I dreamed I was dying.

And far above, my eyes could clearly see
我高高在上的时候清楚地看拿到自由女神像
The Statue of Liberty, drifting away to sea
我梦到我继续飘走飘向海洋
And I dreamed I was flying.We come on a ship we call the Mayflower,
我们登上了一艘叫做五月花号的船
We come on a ship that sailed the moon
我们登上了一艘在月球航行的船
We come at the age's most uncertain hour
我们来到了这一年里最扑朔迷离的时刻
And sing the American tune
唱着美国调
But it's all right, it's all right
但是没什么,这没什么
You can't be forever blessed
毕竟你不可能永远被保佑
Still, tomorrow's gonna be another working day
明天还要继续工作
And I'm trying to get some rest,
所以我要去休息了
That's all, I'm trying to get some rest.
到此为止吧,我得去睡一觉
RecommendRecommended by 190 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Matt
New York City
September 13th, 2011
1:06 pm
While I am far from an insensitive person, this article brings to mind the famous book "How To Lie With Statistics." For one example, I see many more fat people in our country than I see poor.
RecommendRecommended by 67 Readers
我是那种感觉极其敏锐的人,这篇文章让我想到了那本著名的书《怎样用数据说谎》例如,我在我们国家见到的胖子远远多于穷人
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Observer
midwest
September 13th, 2011
3:43 pm
Terrible news but it's not Obamna's fault and it's not Bush's fault nor is it the fault of the wealthy. It is the fault of history, that has determined that America is by far the most expensive place in the world to manufacture/retail goods based on workers' wages. Americans will continue to fall into poverty until the situation stabilizes at some sort of "world wage," probably at about $6-7 an hour. (Economists call it "wage convergence.")
这消息非常糟糕但这不是奥巴马的错,不是布什的错。也不是有钱人读错。这是历史的错,是它使美国成为了由于工人工资水平较高而生产商品最贵的地方之一。美国会继续陷入贫困直到其劳动力成本降到“世界工资”的水平,大约6至7美元一小时。经济学家将其称之为薪水收敛
Tax cuts won't bring back our former prosperity nor will cutting government regulations. Tax increases won't accomplish this either -- nor will a reduction in government spending. America with 5% of the world's population cannot expect to forever have 25% of the world's wealth (as we now do.) The global economy is in the midst of a "New Deal" in which wealth is redistributed from the First World Countries to former Third World Countries such as China and India. Short of a nuclear holocaust, this trend is irreversible.
减税并不能使我们恢复繁荣或减少政府管制,增税也同样达不到,削减政府预算也是同理。只占世界人口5%的美国不能指望永远像现在这样占据着世界25%的财富。现在全球经济处于“罗斯福新政”期,在这期间财富从第一世界国家向中国印度这样之前的第三世界国家转移。
As this process occurs, a sort of Darwinian sorting-out occurs as well. Those few individuals who are frugal, far-seeing, well-educated and able to defer gratification will hold on to their own or acquire more. Those who lack those qualities will become poor -- and, then, poorer.
在这个过程中,某种进化分离也开始发生。那些节俭而有远见、受过良好教育而自我控制力强的少部分人会坚持自我不随波逐流,并将最终得到更多。那些缺乏这些品质的会变得越来越穷
There is no reason why we should not become "Third World" -- this means nothing more than that exceptionalism in American History is ended. The government, unions, liberals, Tea-Partiers, businessmen combined cannot reverse this trend. The only malleable factor is whether one's character and foresight let's one beat the odds and prosper.
我们没有道理将来不变成第三世界国家,这无非意味着关于美国历史的例外主义将宣告终结。政府、工会、自由主义者、茶商人全部联合起来也不能扭转这种趋势。只有一个人的性格和理想让他有可能战胜更强大更有优势的对手。
RecommendRecommended by 165 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
VA
Boston
September 13th, 2011
4:06 pm
I don't know why no-one mentions that this country imports poverty from all over the world. While other immigrant countries like Canada and Australia have points immigration systems (you get more point if you are younger and educated), and scooping the best and brightest, this country seems to only attract poor, illiterate and desperate. What can anyone expect from then, success stories?
我不知道为什么没一个人提到这个国家再从全世界输入贫困人口而其他向加拿大澳大利亚这样的移民国家却在鼓励进行年青教育程度高的系统性移民,他们引入了最优秀最聪明的群体而我们国家却似乎只是在吸引那些不识字绝望的穷人。那么谁还指望能有什么好结果呢?

RecommendRecommended by 103 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
nicole d'Entremont
peaks island, maine
September 13th, 2011
4:08 pm
So, 2.6 million more people slipped below the poverty line in 2010(total 46.2 million) and we're talking about cutting medicare and medicaid and not going after new revenues that the wealthiest Americans stuff into their pockets each year? What's wrong with that picture?
所以说,2010年又有260万人(共4620万人)生活在贫困线以下,而我们还在讨论削减医疗保险和救助,然后每年不要再对那些荷包塞得满满的富豪增税?这世道怎么了?
RecommendRecommended by 317 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Marusik
Arizona
September 13th, 2011
4:08 pm
46 million people living in poverty in the richest country in the history of the world?... This is more than the entire population of countries like Argentina or Colombia.
在这个史上最富有的国家里有4600万人生活在贫困线以下?这比阿根廷哥伦比亚这样国家的总人口还多
46 million people living in poverty in the country with the largest number of millionaires and billionaires on the planet?...
这个国家4600万人生活在贫困线地下同时却有着世界上数量最多的百万富翁和亿万富翁
This is for sure the highest level of inequality the world has ever seen, which is rather obscene...
这绝对是这世界上一直以来最不平等的状况,这实在太可恨了
RecommendRecommended by 387 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Galactic Cat
California 92564
September 13th, 2011
6:38 pm
Public Health and SS service for all citizens works great for as long as you have a ratio of 3 working people to 1 retired person. Once you drop below that ratio of 3/1 then the service goes into debt and decline. Conversely if you get above the 3/1 ratio and you have 4/1 , 4 workers to 1 retiree, then the system accumulates cash. However at that point our stupid politicians will start taking that extra cash and spent it otherwise. Its all about money and nothing else. Forget the flag waving and the memorial building, its all about MONEY ...
只要能达到每三个人工作的同时只有不到一个人赋闲的比例那么全体公民都能享受到很好的公共医疗和社会福利。一旦低于3/1这个比例,福利系统就会举债并且质量下降。相反如果超过这个比例比如达到4/1,每四个人工作只有一个赋闲,福利系统就会盈利。但到了这个时候我们愚蠢的政客就会开始挪走这些富裕的钱乱花到其他地方。这完全就是钱的问题。忘掉挥舞星条旗和建立纪念馆吧,这完全是钱的问题
RecommendRecommended by 64 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
JVG
San Rafael, CA
September 14th, 2011
11:28 am
The Republican response to the growing poverty rate is to claim (via a Heritage Foundation study) that the poor in America aren't really poor, after all they have refrigerators... and cars... and homes. Limbaugh has been ranting on this from inside the radio and Rand Paul has pushed it from inside the halls of Congress. It's a deplorable reaction to true human suffering.
共和党对贫困率不断增长的回应是通过一项对遗产基金的研究宣布美国的穷人并不穷,毕竟他们还有冰箱汽车和家。Limbaugh一直在电台里咆哮而Rand Paul则从国会里推动。这些反应实在太可悲了,在人们正在遭受苦难的时候
RecommendRecommended by 69 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
tony
Block Island, RI
September 14th, 2011
11:29 am
Sadly, our love of country has been displaced with love of self. More importantly, self interest has diminished the idea of the common good. My generation's narcissistic obsession with individual achievement has resulted in a collective loss for this country. "Do your own thing" was the slogan in our youth has now been expanded to "Do your own thing---and to hell with everyone else".
悲剧的是我们不再爱国而是只爱自己。更严重的是追求个人利益已经严重损害了公众利益。我这一代因为一点个人成就而自我陶醉的现象已经使这个国家受到伤害。我国‘自力更生"这条谚语的意思已经扩展到了“各人自扫门前雪,哪管他人瓦上霜
”Our parent's generation, the WWII generation, taught us that great things can be achieved, if we all work together. It was not a perfect generation, by any means, but they had an keener sense of who they were as a nation. That lesson has been lost and the country will suffer because of it.
我们父母这一代,也就是二战后的这一代,交给我们“兄弟同心其利断金”。他们不是完美的一代人,但是他们更有民族意识国家意识。现在这一课已经没了而我们国家将因此遭受苦难
RecommendRecommended by 35 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
Texas Jon
Point Arena, CA
September 14th, 2011
1:30 pm
The decline of the United States in every category began with and is due to the last 30 years of conservative rule beginning with the "Reagan Revolution". You only have to look at California and it's decline since Regan. Reagan closed the mental hospitals putting mentally ill people on the streets and we just had the murder of a beloved community member by a person whose parents begged for years that he be hospitalized. High school students lament being able to send their children to college as state college fees go up 16% a year.
美利坚合众国的全面衰退是由于到现已实行30年的保守的里根政策,而衰退也是从那时开始的。你只需要去看看加利福尼亚,它就是从里根时期开始衰退的、里根关了精神病院把精神病人都放到了大街上,结果一个受到爱戴的社区委员被精神病人谋杀,在此之前他的父母一直在乞求将他关入医院。高校学生要为他们的子女将来上大学时学费每年上涨16%而痛哭
Liberal policies are no quick or sure fix but they may not be driven by the greed that grips our county. After all "ME - ME - Me" is a conservative value.
自由主义政策并不是快速有效的解决方法但是也许能防止那些贪婪的集团控制我们国家。毕竟自我自我自我是一种保守的价值观
RecommendRecommended by 30 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
dan ehrlich
london uk
September 14th, 2011
5:46 pm
You have to search history to find a nation such as America that,through greed, avarice and wastefulness, has engaged in self destruction at a record speed...The only big winner we have had since 1950 has been the military industrial complex, awash with the spoils of our endless and pointless wars,sapping the nation's wealth while lying to the people about our need to fight abroad so we don't have to fight vague enemies here.
你即使在漫长历史中搜寻也很难找到一个像美国这样贪婪浪费的国家以这样高的速度自我毁灭。自从1950年以来我们唯一比较成功的就是军工体系,即使如此它也已经被我们无休止的毫无意义的战争糟蹋得差不多了,政府欺骗人民说有必要去海外和扑朔迷离的所谓敌人去打仗,一点点掏空了国家财富
We have devious or moronic politicians who claim the private sector will rescue the middle class,,,when that sector is building plants in India, China and Mexico.
我们昏庸无能的政客宣称私营经济将拯救中产阶级,可私营经济却在印度中国墨西哥建造工厂
We have politicians who refuse to level with the voters, claiming the great recession is long gone, yet up to 25 million don't have a job or just a part-time job.
我们的政客对选民撒谎宣称大萧条早已远去,可事实上却有2500万人完全失业连兼职工作都没有
we have a government that has looked the other way as employers have employed millions of illegal immigrants...when was the last time you heard of an ICE bust at Mickey Ds?
www.hard-truths.blogspot.com
在雇主们雇佣成千上万非法移民的时候我们政府却视而不见。你上次听说迪士尼冰激凌短缺是什么时候?
RecommendRecommended by 10 Readers
HIGHLIGHT (What's this?)
beadles
gilbert, az
September 14th, 2011
8:24 pm
There are many reasons for the rise in poverty, unemployment, etc. There is seldom any mention of the role of the individual in determining their situation. My husband and I have lived paycheck-to-paycheck for far too many years. We willingly have participated in this country's orgy of rabid consumerism. Now in our sixties, we are marginally set for retirement but could have been much better off - we had some years of good (if not great) income. We managed to survive lengthy cancer treatment (and loss of income) for me, a layoff for him, and other reversals that can tip the scales to outright poverty. My husband will be working until he's 70, at least. I'm still looking for a job (we relocated after the layoff last year.)
失业与贫困等现象上升有许多原因。这很少有人提到每个个体造成自己这种状况的因素。我和丈夫过着赚多少花多少的日子已经好多年了,我们欣然参与到这个国家消费至上主义的狂欢中来。现在我们60多岁了到了即将退休的年纪,但是我们本来可以过得更宽裕的——我们很多年来收入一直不错(即使不算特别高)。我们花费无数挺过了我漫长的癌症疗程、他被解雇失业以及其他会把我们推入赤贫的各种逆境。我丈夫将会至少工作到70岁,而我依然在找工作(去年失业后我们搬家了)
There are truly poor people in this country, but, there are also many people who believe that they are *entitled* to a nice car, a big-screen TV (along with 160 channels on cable), a smart phone, ... They proudly say that they are going shopping at Wal-Mart (DON'T even get me on that soapbox). But, not to save money to put in the bank, but to have money to buy more stuff.
我们这个国家有很多真正的穷人,但也有很多认为自己应该有一辆豪车一个有160个有线频道的大屏幕电视,一个智能手机才算不穷的人。他们自豪地说他们要去沃尔玛购物,
但是却不把钱存到银行里而是买更多东西I've read several articles in recent years regarding how little money people save. Even during the *good years*, people weren't saving. So now we're in tough times and many of us have nothing to fall back on. Please do not take this as insensitivity toward those who are in truly dire circumstances. I just believe we all need to take a look at our own behavior and be ready to accept personal responsibility for some of our current state.
这些年我读了一些关于如何省钱的文章。即使在年景好的时候人们都不省钱。所以现在年景不好了我们束手无策。请不要把这种说法当做对那些处境悲惨的人缺乏同情,我只是认为我们都需要反省自己并为自己的现状承担起个人应当承担的责任
RecommendRecommended by 7 Reader

allplacnn 发表于 2011-9-23 12:55

1) 没有一个政党愿意对保护穷人和中产阶级利益给与口头承诺。我们要何去何从?
2)我们的政客们依然在玩充满陈词滥调我所见过的最愚蠢的祸国殃民的党派政治游戏
3)我们愚蠢的政客就会开始挪走这些富裕的钱乱花到其他地方。这完全就是钱的问题。忘掉挥舞星条旗和建立纪念馆吧,这完全是钱的问题
4)悲剧的是我们不再爱国而是只爱自己。更严重的是追求个人利益已经严重损害了公众利益。我这一代因为个人成就而沉浸在自我欣赏的现象已经导致这个国家整体受到损害。
5)漫长历史搜寻中也很难找到一个像美国这样贪婪浪费的国家以这样高的速度自我毁灭。

silenthowl 发表于 2011-9-23 13:03

翻译有误!

we got Osama and made him pay with his life!

我们抓住了奥萨玛(本拉登)并让他以命偿了血债...

godstear4u 发表于 2011-9-23 13:07

silenthowl 发表于 2011-9-23 13:03 static/image/common/back.gif
we got Osama and made him pay with his life!

我们抓住了奥萨玛(本拉登)并让他以命偿了血债...

多谢指出!Obama和Osama:L 差之一字谬之千里

寒铁 发表于 2011-9-23 13:36

我们昏庸无能的政客宣称私营经济将拯救中产阶级,可私营经济却在印度中国墨西哥建造工厂

吴钩1 发表于 2011-9-23 13:39

可不可以不选共喝、民猪,另外选一个真心为美国穷人谋利益的裆!

拓跋焘 发表于 2011-9-23 13:52

分裂吧,美国就是个出卖白人利益的集团

长空无忌 发表于 2011-9-23 14:01

吴钩1 发表于 2011-9-23 13:39 static/image/common/back.gif
可不可以不选共喝、民猪,另外选一个真心为美国穷人谋利益的裆!

美国也有独立参选的   但是 。。。。下场不言而喻

吴钩1 发表于 2011-9-23 14:12

长空无忌 发表于 2011-9-23 14:01 static/image/common/back.gif
美国也有独立参选的   但是 。。。。下场不言而喻

共喝、民猪二裆能拉到金融寡头们的赞助,当然就成了富人的传声筒,独立参选人根本没地方表达观点,说穿了是金钱控制一切!

ljdfw 发表于 2011-9-23 15:08

不识好歹,有选票了还这么多牢骚,这叫中国JY情何以堪。希望美国人民继续将“选主”政治推向前进。

多情误美人 发表于 2011-9-23 15:22

选票是最大的武器,谁不关心美国P民,不给民众办事,选下去啊,没说的,直接选下去,选一个办事的,为民谋利的总统上来啊!如果上来又是一个不能解决民众困难的人,那就再选下去啊,继续选一个为民办事的总统。
总之,选票就是武器,选票就是权利,要好好运用!

曹久强 发表于 2011-9-23 15:27

当年1929年美国经济危机,大量人移民苏联。现在美国佬请不要到中国来,你们该自己改变一下你们自己。依靠税收可以承担高福利,这就是资本主义的悲剧。社会主义政府有税收,还有国企利润当然是不怕高福利的。中国关键是要行动起来

曹久强 发表于 2011-9-23 15:28

美国民主啊,可以自己纠正啊,有选票啊,呵呵,看来美国媒体过于悲观,中国的右派是不信的

滔滔1949 发表于 2011-9-23 15:36

本帖最后由 滔滔1949 于 2011-9-23 15:38 编辑

只要收缩全球利益、裁撤海外军事基地、别再四处建立反导平台,也别老想着花钱去资助各国的反对派,教唆各种“革命”、推广民主、散播“人权”种子、以及等等,不就有钱了嘛。用不着再对富人增税、也用不着再政府裁员、更有钱去继续推动医保福利,所有的问题就都可以缓解了~

这一切就只需要美国收回自己伸向全世界的手就可以了,很简单的,加油!你们一定可以做到的,努力加油吧!不要再把全世界都背负再自己一个人的肩上,这样做太辛苦也太孤独了,而且还谁也不领你们的情,反而将你们视为敌人,让你们的生活变得越来越危险、越来越不安!不要在继续扮演世界警察的角色了,这样做只会毁了你们原有的生活,这样做不值得!为什么要去承担那些实际根本就对你们漠不关心的“伙伴”们的安全重任呢?就让他们自己去想办法维护自己的国家利益与安全吧!

而且绝对没有必要担心当美国人关上门不再关心外面时,这个世界会从此毁灭。因为这个地球不会发生任何改变的。因为中国人会接过你们的重担。就让那些愚蠢的中国人去替你们继续充当救世主吧!而你们则只要在一边冷笑着看别人去重复你们的错误就好了!

iQuit 发表于 2011-9-23 15:57

理性。支持下。他们应该好好想想了,谁在帮他们从富豪口袋里争取利益。

pj731 发表于 2011-9-23 16:24

滔滔1949 发表于 2011-9-23 15:36 static/image/common/back.gif
只要收缩全球利益、裁撤海外军事基地、别再四处建立反导平台,也别老想着花钱去资助各国的反对派,教唆各种 ...

这个相当给力啊

风动心静 发表于 2011-9-23 16:35

“牵马到河易,逼马饮水难”

tigerff2009 发表于 2011-9-23 16:35

本帖最后由 tigerff2009 于 2011-9-23 16:36 编辑

有选票就有希望。
驴不行就换成象,象还不行我再换成驴。
总能碰倒一头好驴或者好象的。

沐霜 发表于 2011-9-23 17:21

家家都有本难念的经

文明的和谐 发表于 2011-9-23 17:32

好贴要顶。