weater76 发表于 2011-11-11 10:31

【印度时报111108】姚明退役后重返课堂

【中文标题】姚明退役后重返课堂

【原文标题】After retirement, China's Yao returns to class

【登载媒体】印度时报

【来源地址】http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-11-08/off-the-field/30373787_1_shanghai-sharks-yao-ming-yao-returns

【译    者】pedestrain

【翻译方式】人工

【声    明】欢迎转载,请务必注明译者和出处 bbs.m4.cn

【译    文】
SHANGHAI: It's back to the books for retired Chinese basketball star Yao Ming.
The former Houston Rockets center and No. 1 draft pick in the 2002 NBA draft started classes this week at Jiatong University, one of the top schools in his hometown of Shanghai, China Daily and other newspapers reported on Tuesday.
"The teacher showed me some mercy and did not leave me any homework," Yao joked to reporters after his first day of courses at the university's Antai College of Economics and Management.
Yao said the first order of business was assessing "how weak my foundation is" and working with instructors on a tailored course of study.
Yao, who retired four months ago because of chronic injuries to his left foot, is taking classes in mathematics, English and modern Chinese history - a subject he enjoyed in high school.
He hopes to apply the knowledge to his business and public service ventures, which range from ownership of his hometown Shanghai Sharks professional basketball team to overseeing a multimillion-dollar charitable foundation.
Yao, 31, remains one of the most popular celebrities in China. Besides being named to eight NBA All-Star teams, he played in three Olympics and carried the Chinese flag during the opening ceremonies at the Beijing Olympics in 2008.
The 7-foot-6 (2.29-meter) center expanded the NBA's influence into the world's most populous country, creating lucrative merchandise sales for the league and TV ratings that skyrocketed whenever the Rockets played.

现在是回望中国退役篮球明星姚明的时候了。
  据《中国日报》等媒体周二报道,前休斯顿火箭队中锋、2002年以状元秀身份进入NBA的姚明于本周开始了在他家乡一所顶尖学校——上海交通大学的学习。
  在安泰经管学院结束了一天课程后,姚明开玩笑地对记者说:“老师对我还是比较仁慈的,并没有留太多作业。”
  姚明说“首先就是弄明白自己的基础究竟有多差”。他对导师量身定制的学习课程会努力认真对待。
  因为左脚受伤,姚明四个月前退役。他现在上数学、英语和中国现代史这些高中时就很喜欢的科目。
  他希望把所学知识运用到其事业和公共服务,从对大鲨鱼篮球队的管理到千万慈善事业的监管。
  31岁的姚明在中国是最受欢迎的人之一。除了用他名字命名的8个全明星队,他还参加了三届奥运会,并在2008年北京奥运会开幕式上举旗。
  这个身高7尺6寸(2.29)米的篮球中锋把NBA的影响扩大到了全世界。不管火箭队打到哪,联赛中各种商品都供不应求,电视的收视率也是一路飙升。

国庆 发表于 2011-11-11 10:38

:L:L:L:L:L何所图
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 【印度时报111108】姚明退役后重返课堂