greycastle11 发表于 2011-12-8 16:14

【The Blaze 2011.12.03】美国大学招生:亚裔面对种族歧视

【中文标题】美国大学招生:亚裔面对种族歧视【来源地址】http://www.theblaze.com/stories/college-application-strategy-for-some-asians-dont-check-asian/
【译    者】greycastle11

【翻译方式】人工

【声    明】欢迎转载,请务必注明译者和出处 bbs.m4.cn。

【译    文】College Application Strategy for Some Asians — Don‘t Check’Asian’December 3, 2011对于亚洲人的大学招生政策——不要接纳亚洲人data/attachment/forum/201112/05/230216ppu277oppmmx1wp2.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/college-application-strategy-for-some-asians-dont-check-asian/(AP) Lanya Olmstead was born in Floridato a mother who immigrated from Taiwanand an American father of Norwegian ancestry. Ethnically, she considers herselfhalf Taiwanese and half Norwegian. But when applying to Harvard, Olmsteadchecked only one box for her race: white.Lanya Olmstead出身在佛罗里达。她的母亲是从台湾来的移民,她父亲则是挪威血统。民族上说,她认为自己是半台湾半挪威血统。然后当她申请哈佛的时候,她发现在种族的选项里,只有白种人这一项可以选。“I didn‘t want to put ’Asian’ down,” Olmstead says,“because my mom told me there’s discrimination against Asians in theapplication process.”“我并不想否认我是亚洲人” Olmstead说,“我妈曾告诉过我在申请的时候,的确有歧视现象存在。“”For years, many Asian-Americans have been convinced thatit‘s harder for them to gain admission to the nation’s top colleges.这些年以来,很多美籍亚裔人已经承认要得到顶尖大学的录用很困难。Studies show that Asian-Americans meet these colleges’admissions standards far out of proportion to their 6 percent representation inthe U.S.population, and that they often need test scores hundreds of points higher thanapplicants from other ethnic groups to have an equal chance of admission.Critics say these numbers, along with the fact that some top colleges withrace-blind admissions have double the Asian percentage of Ivy League schools,prove the existence of discrimination.有研究表明,很多大学对于美籍亚裔人的录用标准已经大大提升,并非原来的美国人口6%这样的标准。而且他们通常需要比其他种族申请者高出几百分才能获得等同的入学资格。评论家表示这些数字的确证明了歧视的存在。但在某些顶尖学校并不在意种族,导致常春藤名校的亚洲裔学生数量成倍增加The way it works, the critics believe, is thatAsian-Americans are evaluated not as individuals, but against the thousands ofother ultra-achieving Asians who are stereotyped as boring academic robots.评论家们相信,这种方式之所以成效,并非因为美籍亚裔人按照个人的数量来估计的,而是许多做法极端的亚洲人为达到(进入名校)的目的变成了学术化机器。Now, an unknown number of students are responding to thisconcern by declining to identify themselves as Asian on their applications.现在,有未知数量的学生在申请表中拒绝承认他们的亚裔身份,以此来回应这个问题。For those with only one Asian parent, whose names don’tgive away their heritage, that decision can be relatively easy. Harder are thequestions that it raises: What’s behind the admissions difficulties? What,exactly, is an Asian-American — and is being one a choice?对于那些只有一个亚裔父母,他们的名字没有放弃祖先的血统,这个决定就相对容易了。更难的问题会是:入学困难的背后是什么?确切地说,什么是亚裔美国人,而这正成为一种选择。Olmstead is a freshman at Harvard and a member of HAPA, theHalf-Asian People’s Association. In high school she had a perfect 4.0grade-point average and scored 2150 out of a possible 2400 on the SAT, whichshe calls “pretty low.”Olmstead是哈佛大学的一名大一新生,也是HAPA协会的成员。这是一个半亚洲血统学生的协会。在高中的时候,她有平均绩点4.0的水平,并且在SAT考试中也达到了平均每门2400分的成绩。可是她还是说“这太低了”。College applications ask for parent information, soOlmstead knows that admissions officers could figure out a student’s backgroundthat way. She did write in the word “multiracial” on her own application.大学申请表里必须填父母信息,所以Olmstead知道招生办一定会用这种方法知道学生的背景。她也必须在她的申请表里填写“多民族的”。Still, she would advise students with one Asian parent to“check whatever race is not Asian.”但是她仍建议有半亚裔血统的学生“检查自己的种族,什么种族都比亚裔好”。“Not to really generalize, but a lot of Asians, they haveperfect SATs, perfect GPAs, … so it’s hard to let them all in,” Olmstead says.“并不是真的这样概括,但是对于大部分的亚洲人,他们都有完美的SAT成绩,完美的GPA…所以真的很难都录取他们。” Olmstead说。Amalia Halikias is a Yale freshman whose mother was born inAmericato Chinese immigrants; her father is a Greek immigrant. She also checked onlythe “white” box on her application.Amalia Halikias也是一名耶鲁大学的大一新生。她的母亲是在美国出生的中国移民的后代;她父亲是一位希腊移民。她也在她的申请表里选了“白种人”。“As someone who was applying with relatively strong scores,I didn’t want to be grouped into that stereotype,” Halikias says. “I didn’twant to be written off as one of the 1.4 billion Asians that were applying.”“既然有人有着比我们高的成绩也在申请,我可不想归到他们那一类” Halikias说,“我可不想被那14亿正在申请的亚洲人干掉”。Her mother was “extremely encouraging” of that decision,Halikias says, even though she places a high value on preserving their Chineseheritage.尽管Halikias认为维护中国遗产很重要,她的母亲仍“非常鼓励她这么做”说道,她说道。file:///C:/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image004.jpgUS_Varsity_Snapz-Pro-XScreenSnapz010.jpgdata/attachment/forum/201112/05/2305530dhrjme0551rlde4.jpg“Asian-American is more a scale or a gradient than adiscrete combination . I think it’s a choice,” Halikias says.“美籍亚裔人更多来说像是一个有规模、有梯度的群体而非层次不齐的群体。我认为这也是一个选择。” Halikias说道。But leaving the Asian box blank felt wrong to Jodi Balfe, aHarvard freshman who was born in Korea and came here at age 3 withher Korean mother and white American father. She checked the box against theadvice of her high school guidance counselor, teachers and friends.但是不选“亚洲人”这个选项使得Jodi Balfe很不安。他是哈佛大学的一名大一新生,他出生在韩国并且3岁就跟随她的韩裔母亲和美籍父亲来到了美国。与她高中指导顾问,老师和朋友意见相反的是,她选择了“亚裔”。“I felt very uncomfortable with the idea of trying to hidehalf of my ethnic background,” Balfe says. “It’s been a major influence on howI developed as a person. It felt like selling out, like selling too much of mysoul.”“如果要隐瞒一半我的种族背景,我会感到很不舒服” Balfe说道,“这样做会对于我怎样长大成人产生很大的影响。这就像出卖了我很多灵魂一样。”“I thought admission wouldn’t be worth it. It would be likeonly half of me was accepted.”“我认为为了录取,这样做并不值得。这就像我自己只有一半被接受了”Other students, however, feel no conflict between a strongAsian identity and their response to what they believe is injustice.然而,别的学生并没有感觉到与亚裔学生有很大的冲突。他们认为此事件还是反应出某一层面的不公平。“If you know you’re going to be discriminated against, it’sabsolutely justifiable to not check the Asian box,” says Halikias.“如果你知道你将会被歧视,那么不选‘亚洲人’绝对是正当的,” Halikias说。Immigration from Asian countries was heavily restricteduntil laws were changed in 1965. When the gates finally opened, many Asianarrivals were well-educated, endured hardships to secure more opportunities fortheir families, and were determined to seize the American dream through effortand education.在1995年修改法律之前,来自亚洲国家的移民一直是被禁止的。当大门向亚洲开启后,很多高学历的亚洲人在经受了挫折之后,为了自己的家庭寻找更多的出路,纷至沓来。而他们决定艰难地通过努力和教育来实现他们的美国梦。These immigrants, and their descendants, often demandedthat children work as hard as humanly possible to achieve. Parental respect isparamount in Asian culture, so many children have obeyed — and excelled.这些移民和他们的后代,通常要求他们的孩子尽他们所能去工作学习。尊重父母在亚洲文化可以说是至高无上的,所以他们的孩子也就遵从了,并且,也达到了。“Chinese parents can order their kids to get straight As.Western parents can only ask their kids to try their best,” wrote Amy Chua,only half tongue-in-cheek, in her recent best-selling book “Battle Hymn of theTiger Mother.”“中国父母能够要求他们的孩子全部拿A。美国父母只能要求他们的孩子去尽力,” Amy Chua,在她最近的畅销书《虎妈妈的战歌》中,用半开玩笑的口吻写道。“Chinese parents can say, ‘You’re lazy. All your classmatesare getting ahead of you,’” Chua wrote. “By contrast, Western parents have tostruggle with their own conflicted feelings about achievement, and try topersuade themselves that they’re not disappointed about how their kids turnedout.”“中国的父母会说‘你太懒了,你所有的同学都超过你了。'” Chua 写道,“相反,对于儿女的成就,西方的父母不得不与自己复杂的心理斗争,然后试着说服自己不要为儿女们所表现出的所失望。Of course, not all Asian-Americans fit this stereotype.They are not always obedient hard workers who get top marks. Some embraceAmerican rather than Asian culture. Their economic status, ancestral countriesand customs vary, and their forebears may have been rich or poor.诚然,不是所有的美籍亚裔人是这样的类型。他们也不全是顺从父母的,努力工作然后得到高分。有些人相比亚洲文化更喜欢美国的。无论是经济地位,祖国,和习俗来说,他们都不等,而他们的祖辈也可能贫富不一。But compared with American society in general,Asian-Americans have developed a much stronger emphasis on intense academicpreparation as a path to a handful of the very best schools.但是总体来说,与美国的社会相比,美籍亚裔人已经非常重视紧张的学业准备。这也是他们为挤进那些顶尖的学校的必经之路。“The whole Tiger Mom stereotype is grounded in truth,” saysTao Tao Holmes, a Yale sophomore with a Chinese-born mother and white Americanfather. She did not check “Asian” on her application.“所有的虎妈妈的事迹都是真的“Tao Tao Holmes说道,她是耶鲁大学的大二学生,有着亚裔中国母亲和白人美国父亲。她没有在在申请表上选”亚洲人”。“My math scores aren’t high enough for the Asian box,” shesays. “I say it jokingly, but there is the underlying sentiment of, if I hademphasized myself as Asian, I would have (been expected to) excel more instereotypically Asian-dominated subjects.”“作为亚洲人来说,我的数学分数不够高”她说。“我在开玩笑,但的确有潜在的情感在,如果我强调自己是亚洲人,我就(被认为)理所当然地应该在亚洲人擅长的科目上胜过别人。” “I was definitelyheld to a different standard (by my mom), and to different standards than myfriends,” Holmes says. She sees the same rigorous academic focus among manyother students with immigrant parents, even non-Asian ones.“我母亲和我的朋友会给我定下两个截然不同的标准”Holmes说。她同样看到这种严格的学术标准也落在那些父母是移民甚至不是亚裔的学生身上。Does Holmes think children of American parents aregenerally spoiled and lazy by comparison? “That‘s essentially what I’m tryingto say.”相对而言,Holmes是否认为美国家长的孩子通常是又懒又被宠坏的呢?“那正是我所要说的。”Asian students have higher average SAT scores than anyother group, including whites. A study by Princeton sociologist ThomasEspenshade examined applicants to top colleges from 1997, when the maximum SATscore was 1600 (today it’s 2400). Espenshade found that Asian-Americans neededa 1550 SAT to have an equal chance of getting into an elite college as whitestudents with a 1410 or black students with an 1100.亚洲学生的SAT平均分比其他任何种族,包括白人高。普林斯顿大学社会学家Thomas Espenshade在1997年对于顶尖大学申请人的一项研究表明,(当时最高的SAT分数是1600而非现在是2400)。Espenshade发现亚裔美国人需要1550分才能拥有白人学生以1410分、黑人学生以1100分进入一所精英大学的机会。Top schools that don’t ask about race in admissions processhave very high percentages of Asian students. The California Institute ofTechnology, a private school that chooses not to consider race, is aboutone-third Asian. (Thirteen percent of Californiaresidents have Asian heritage.) The University of California-Berkeley, which isforbidden by state law to consider race in admissions, is more than 40 percentAsian — up from about 20 percent before the law was passed.那些在招生过程中不问种族的顶尖学校招有很高比例的亚洲学生。加州理工学院是一家招生时不考虑种族的私立学校,约有三分之一的亚洲人。(百分之十三的加州居民有亚洲血统。)加利福尼亚伯克利大学由于国家法律禁止在在录取是考虑种族,亚洲人的百分比超过了40%,较这项法律获得通过前上涨了20%。Steven Hsu, a physics professor at the University of Oregonand a vocal critic of current admissions policies, says there is a clearstatistical case that discrimination exists.Steven Hsu,是一位奥勒冈州大学的物理教授,他直言不讳地批评当前的招生政策,并说统计情况明确表明了歧视的存在。“The actual dynamics of how it happens are really quitesubtle,” he says, mentioning factors like horse-trading among admissionsofficers for their favorite candidates.“实际上它是怎样发生的这一点很微妙,”他说,他提到其中的因素也存在于招生人员为他们偏爱的候选人讨价还价。Also, “when Asians are the largest group on campus, I caneasily imagine a fund-raiser saying, ‘This is jarring to our alumni,’” Hsusays. Noting that most Ivy League schools have roughly the same percentage ofAsians, he wonders if “that’s the maximum number where diversity is still good,and it’s not, ‘we’re being overwhelmed by the yellow horde.’”同时,“当亚洲人成为学校人数最多的群体时,我很容易想象一个捐款人会说‘这令我们的校友不适’“Hsu说。鉴于大多数长春藤盟校有相同比例的亚洲人,他质疑“在达到最大数目的地方,多元化达还是否美好。但事实不是这样,“我们正黄种人压得喘不过气来.’”Yale, Harvard, Princeton and the University of Pennsylvaniadeclined to make admissions officers available for interviews for this story.耶鲁、哈佛、普林斯顿和宾夕法尼亚大学拒绝让他们的招生人员接受采访。Kara Miller helped review applications for Yale as anadmissions office reader, and participated in meetings where admissionsdecisions were made. She says it often felt like Asians were held to a higherstandard.作为一名办公室助理,Kara Miller帮助审核了耶鲁的申请人,并且也参与了许多确定最终录取结果的会议。她也说很多时候,亚洲人总是被抬高到一个很高的标准。“Asian kids know that when you look at the average SAT forthe school, they need to add 50 or 100 to it. If you’re Asian, that‘s whatyou’ll need to get in,” says Miller, now an English professor at the Universityof Massachusetts-Dartmouth.““亚洲孩子明白,当你知道学校的平均的SAT分数时,那么他们需要的分数就要在这基础上再加50或者100分。如果你是亚洲人,这就是你需要努力的。” Miller说,她是麻省大学达特茅斯分校的一位英语教授。Highly selective colleges do use much more than SAT scoresand grades to evaluate applicants. Other important factors include extracurricularactivities, community service, leadership, maturity, engagement in learning,and overcoming adversity.在一些严格筛选的大学里,他们的确更关注SAT成绩和绩点,以此来评估候选人。另外一些很重要的因素也包括课外活动、社区服务、领导力、成熟度、参与学习的程度和克服困境的能力。Admissions preferences are sometimes given to the childrenof alumni, the wealthy and celebrities, which is an overwhelmingly white group.Recruited athletes get breaks. Since the top colleges say diversity is crucialto a world-class education, African-Americans, Latinos, Native Americans, andHawaiian/Pacific Islanders also may get in despite lower scores than otherapplicants.录取优先权有时会给予校友的孩子、有钱人和名人,这其实也是一个不可抗拒的白人圈子。那么招募来的人员就得到优惠了。既然顶尖大学强调说多样性对是一个世界级教育非常重要,美籍非洲人、拉丁美洲人、美国本土人民和太平洋夏威夷群岛的人民,他们也会以相对低的成绩被录取A college like Yale “could fill their entire freshman classtwice over with qualified Asian students or white students or valedictorians,”says Rosita Fernandez-Rojo, a former college admissions officer who is nowdirector of college counseling at Rye Country Day Schooloutside of New York City.像耶鲁这样的大学“会招两倍的大一新生,这其中有获得的资格的亚洲学生、白种学生、和优秀学生,” Rosita Fernandez-Rojo说,他曾是一名招生办的工作人员,现在是纽约城外的黑麦乡村学校咨询部的一名主管。But applicants are not ranked by results of aqualifications test, she says — “it’s a selection process.”但是申请者并非按照资格测试的结果筛选,她说——“这其实是一个筛选的过程。”“People are always looking for reasons they didn’t get in,”she continues. “You can’t always know what those reasons are. Sometimes duringthe admissions process they say, ‘There’s nothing wrong with that kid. We justdon’t have room.’”“人们总是在找他们为什么没被录取的原因”她继续说道,“你不会一直都知道那些原因。有时候在录取的过程中他们说‘‘那个孩子并没什么不好,我们只是没有名额了。’‘”In the end, elite colleges often don’t have room for Asianstudents with outstanding scores and grades.最终,名牌学校总是没有给那些有高分高绩点的亚洲学生的名额。That’s one reason why Harvard freshman Heather Pickerell,born in Hong Kong to a Taiwanese mother andAmerican father, refused to check any race box on her application.这也是为什么哈佛的大一新生,Heather Pickerell拒绝在她的申请表上选择任何种族。她出生在香港,母亲是台湾人,父亲是美国人。“I figured it might help my chances of getting in,” shesays. “But I figured if Harvard wouldn’t take me for refusing to list myethnicity, then maybe I shouldn’t go there.”“我发现这是一个帮助我录取的机会”她说道,“但是我也发现如果哈佛大学拒绝划分我的种族,那可能我也不应该去那里。”She considers drawing lines between different ethnic groupsa form of racism — and says her ethnic identity depends on where she is.她发现在不同人种直接判定种族的准则是种族形式主义的表现,而且她表明她现在的居住地决定了她的种族。“In America,I identify more as Asian, having grown up there, and actually being Asian, andhaving grown up in an Asian family,” she says. “But when I’m back in Hong Kong I feel more American, because everyone there ismore Asian than I am.”“在美国,我更倾向把握自己归为亚洲人。我在那里长大,自然就是亚洲人,况且我在一个亚洲家庭里长大”她说道,“但当我回香港时我觉得我反而更像美国人,因为在那里的每一个人都比我更亚洲。”Holmes, the Yale sophomore with the Chinese-born mother,also has problems fitting herself into the Asian box — “it doesn’t make senseto me.”Holmes是耶鲁大学的一名大二学生。她有个中国母亲,她也时常遇到选择是否亚洲学生的问题——“这对来说没有意义。”“I feel like an American,” she says, “…an Asian person whogrew up in America.”“我觉得我更像美国人”,她说道,“…一个生长在美国的亚洲人。”Susanna Koetter, a Yale junior with an American father andKorean mother, was adamant about identifying her Asian side on her application.Yet she calls herself “not fully Asian-American. I’m mixed Asian-American. WhenI go to Korea,I’m like, blatantly white.”Susanna Koetter是一名耶鲁大学的大三学生。他有着美国父亲和韩国母亲,但她固执地在她的申请表上勾选了亚洲人。她称她自己为“不完全的美籍亚裔人,我是美籍亚裔人的混合体。如果我去了韩国,我会看上去特别白人。”And yet, asked whether she would have considered leavingthe Asian box blank, she says: “That would be messed up. I’m not white.”而且当问到她是否会考虑不选“亚洲人”,她说道,“那样会搞混,我不是白人。”“Identity is very malleable,” says Jasmine Zhuang, a Yalejunior whose parents were both born in Taiwan.“身份是可变的” Jasmine Zhuang说。她是一名耶鲁大学的大三学生,父母都出生在台湾。She didn’t check the box, even though her last name is agiveaway and her essay was about Asian-American identity.尽管她的姓透露出了她的种族,她的论文是有关亚裔美国身份的探讨,她也没有选任何种族。“Looking back I don’t agree with what I did,” Zhuang says.“It was more like a symbolic action for me, to rebel against the higherstandard placed on Asian-American applicants.”“回头看看我并不认同我当年所做的,” Zhuang说道,“这对我来说更像是一次象征意义的行动,与对美籍亚裔申请者遇到的高标准反抗。”“There‘s no way someone’s race can automatically tell yousomething about them, or represent who they are to an admissions committee,”Zhuang says. “Using race by itself is extremely dangerous.”“没办法每个人的种族都会自动地告诉你他们自身的一些事情,或者想招生办代表了他们是谁,” Zhuang说道,“种族本身就是非常危险的。”Hsu, the physics professor, says that if the currentadmissions policies continue, it will become more common for Asian students toavoid identifying themselves as such, and schools will have to react.作为一名物理老师Hsu说,如果现在的招生政策继续沿用,它将会使亚洲学生拒绝确定自己的种族这一现象变的更为普遍,并且学校也不得不做出回应。“They’ll have to decide: A half-Asian kid, what is that? Idon’t think they really know.”“他们将必须选择:一个半亚洲孩子,但这又是什么?我认为他们并不明确知道。”The lines are already blurred at Yale, where almost 26,000students applied for the current freshman class, according to the school’s website.录取标准线在耶鲁已经变的很模糊。根据学校的网站,有将近26000名学生申请了新生入学。About 1,300 students were admitted. Twenty percent of themmarked the Asian-American box on their applications; 15 percent of freshmenmarked two or more ethnicities.差不多1300名学生被录取了。这其中20%的人在申请表上的方框里勾了“美籍亚裔人”;15%的人勾选了两个或者更多的种族。Ten percent of Yale’s freshmen class did not check a singlebox.10%的耶鲁新生并没在任何一个方框里打钩。

Jigong 发表于 2011-12-8 16:17

{:soso_e163:}{:soso_e163:}

滔滔1949 发表于 2011-12-8 18:55

这个文章到底说明了什么呢?

因为亚洲学生的表现实在太过优秀,所以令那些长期占据主流资源的白人阶层逐渐感受到了压力,因此便干脆采取隐形的歧视政策,变相的收窄亚裔学生打入主流的通道?还是说那些拥有一半亚裔血统的孩子们如今正面临着身份认同、族裔认同的危机?

虎妈的故事在中国可谓毫不稀奇,千千万万的中国父母都是这样教育孩子的。坦白说,这种严厉的来自家庭的精英高压教育确实可在以硬性指标衡量的领域里取得竞争上的优势,白人父母眼见那些亚裔学生将自己的孩子抛的越来越远,从而感受到危机感、甚至感觉就连自己从小认同的价值观都逐渐受到了威胁,这我也可以理解。但只采用这种变相歧视的方式去进行消极对抗,会不会也太鸵鸟了一点?

就这就跟如今美国对待中国的态度一样,眼见着中国越来越强大,不是去找自身的原因,不想方设法去改正错误,寻找出路去重新出发,而只是不停唠唠叨叨、不停的使出各种手段去打压、阻止中国。归根究底,仍不过只是在消极的试图维持现状而已。可问题是只有前进才是自然的规律,没什么是注定一成不变的,即便现在仍可以依靠手中的强势资源去设置种种障碍,难道就当真可以彻底阻止别人超越你的步伐了吗?

折腾来折腾去,仍然还是一群拒绝面对现实、而宁愿活在幻觉当中的#请文明用语#。

悠哉 发表于 2011-12-8 22:26

反映了美国白人对于来自亚洲人的生存压力的防备。。

沐霜 发表于 2011-12-8 23:15

美国的种族歧视又不是今天才有

轩宝 发表于 2011-12-9 05:05

美国的种族歧视貌似只是不针对有钱的白人。其余的都会被歧视,

亚裔也是被歧视的最多的。

只能说哈佛是这里面的一朵奇葩了……因为也不是所有学校都没有亚裔这个选项的。

懒兔早起 发表于 2011-12-9 07:48

历来就是如此,有何奇怪的?

davidhuyi 发表于 2011-12-9 11:36

说白了 美国只想维护他自己的一方霸权 对推动全人类科技与文明的进步没多大兴趣

paoding 发表于 2011-12-9 15:29

这种事情,脚尖都能明了。。。

四月天空会流泪 发表于 2011-12-9 20:17

看看老子们的民族政策,一个个的当爹供着。

ccc2w1 发表于 2011-12-9 20:21

受歧视的大概是二代移民之类的吧,富二代们上完全没问题,UCLA被老美吐槽成U C lots of Asians 可不是假的啊,

xievasily 发表于 2011-12-10 00:47

我倒感觉,欧美今天很大的问题,过去的200年使他们变得太懒了,他们已经慢慢地失去了大航海时代祖辈的开拓精神。他们没有中国文化“生于忧患死于安乐的”的沉淀。以中国文化为核心的亚洲,正在重新夺回世界的中心。   
按照西方丛林法则的原则,很容易解释,亚洲人更容易占到顶端,因为这是一个勤劳的族群,他们时刻在提高自己生存的能力。

snowcleaner 发表于 2011-12-11 02:12

指出几个翻译不当的地方供讨论
College Application Strategy for Some Asians — Don‘t Check’Asian’
December 3, 2011
对于亚洲人的大学招生政策——不要接纳亚洲人
我认为可改为:
针对部分亚裔的大学申请策略-不要勾选“亚裔”选项

Still, she would advise students with one Asian parent to“check whatever race is not Asian.”
但是她仍建议有半亚裔血统的学生“检查自己的种族,什么种族都比亚裔好”。
我认为可改为:
“可以选择除了亚裔以外的任何其它种族”。

偷偷来上网 发表于 2011-12-11 15:25

凑够是个字!!

明天的梦想 发表于 2011-12-11 18:15

我在瑞士,计算机考试要考德语写作,和证书挂钩。这不是保护主义是什么?他们就这么宠着自己吧,只会越来越落后

方脑壳 发表于 2011-12-11 21:48

怎么可能呢,这样民主自由平等的国度会有这样的事情发生吗?绝对不可能,打死我也不信。
啊,自由啊!
啊,民主啊!
啊,平等啊!