黑白精灵 发表于 2012-1-7 00:42

【基督教箴言报-系列】30岁人的30个小想法:艺术家

本帖最后由 黑白精灵 于 2012-1-7 00:42 编辑

【中文标题】30岁人的30个小想法:艺术家
【原文标题】Thirty ideas from people under 30-- The Artisans
【登载媒体】《基督教箴言报》
【来源地址】http://www.csmonitor.com/World/2012/0103/Thirty-ideas-from-people-under-30-The-Artisans/Esperanza-Spalding-Jazz-superstar
【译者】 黑白精灵
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-3283071-1-1.html

【译文】
The Monitor interviewed young artisans, politicians, educators, entrepreneurs and faith leaders. And they have trenchant suggestions on how to improve the world. We'll serve this smorgasbord in bite-size servings of 3 to 7 profiles per day. Today's lineup of artists, includes a world-class jazz cellist, a novelist, and a chef. Dig in!
记者采访了年轻的技工、政客、教育家、企业家以及宗教领袖。他们对于怎样改善这个世界有着清晰而有力的建议。我们将会把这道“自助餐”以每天三到七人的数量适量为您奉上。今天这期涉及到的是一组艺术家,包括一位世界级爵士乐大提琴手,一位小说家还有一名厨师。开始吧!

Esperanza Spalding: Jazz superstar When jazz phenom Esperanza Spalding first took up the violin at age 4, her family didn't have the money to support her passion. So her mother called around to find programs that had free instruments and offered scholarships to low-income students.
埃斯波兰萨·斯帕尔丁:爵士巨星当爵士杰出人才埃斯波兰萨·斯帕尔丁在四岁第一次拿起小提琴时,她的家庭没有钱去支持她的酷爱。所以她的母亲四处奔走去寻找有免费乐器并给低收入学生提供奖学金的节目。
"People gave my family shelter and food when we didn't have enough," says Ms. Spalding, who later switched to the bass. "Teachers took extra time with me, and mentors worked with me on the weekends."“在我们生活窘迫的时候,人们给我家提供住所和食物。”,斯帕尔丁说,她后来转变成了一位贝斯手,“老师们在我身上花额外的时间,导师也在周末与我一起工作。”
Spalding hasn't forgotten the lessons of her youth. Today the jazz bassist, who has become one of the hottest young musicians in the United States, believes that living simply and giving generously is a credo that could leave an imprint on the world.斯帕尔丁没有忘记她年轻时的课程。今天的爵士乐贝斯手,已经成为了美国最炙手可热的年轻音乐家,相信简单地生活并且慷慨的给予是能给世界留下印记的信条。
The 27-year-old musician with a prodigious list of accomplishments – 2011 Grammy for best new artist, four chart-topping albums, performances at the White House and Nobel Peace Prize ceremony – writes down the names of all the people who have helped her. Then she starts a tally.这位27岁的音乐家拥有一份庞大的成就清单:2011格莱美最佳新人、四部位于排行榜榜首的专辑、在白宫和诺贝尔和平奖颁奖典礼上演出。她写下了所有曾帮助过她的人的名字。然后她开始了对人数的统计。
"When I count the people who gave their time and energy without asking for anything in return, I realize everything I have is due to the energy of someone else," says Spalding, who grew up in a single-parent home and dealt with a lengthy illness as a child. "I feel like service rendered is service owed...."“当我数到这些曾奉献他们的时间和精力却不要任何回报的人们,我才意识到我所拥有的一切是得益于别人的力量。”,斯帕尔丁说。她成长于单亲家庭而且在儿童时期就与漫长的疾病做斗争。她还说,“我感觉被提供的服务是亏欠别人的……”
"Volunteering is almost an obligation," she adds. "It's a simple concept that can lead to big impact."“志愿者活动几乎是一种义务,”,她补充道,“它是一个能导致巨大影响的简单的概念。”
Spalding began volunteering with the United Way when she was 12 years old. Today she gives her time to music education programs, working with kids. "It's incredibly fulfilling to offer what we have to another person," she says. 当她12岁的时候,斯帕尔丁开始了在联合劝募的志愿者活动。今天她将时间用于音乐教育项目,和孩子们工作。“这样履行我们为他人提供所需是令人难以置信的。”
Her advice to the world: "When you have something extra, give it away."    她对全世界倡议:“当你拥有一些多余的东西,请将它捐赠出来。”

http://bbs.m4.cn/xwb/images/bgimg/icon_logo.png 该贴已经同步到 黑白精灵的微博

paoding 发表于 2012-1-7 13:39

嗯,这是美国人的“主旋律”舆论导向:要安贫乐道以及乐于助人之类,当然这些不是对能以慈善来避税的1%说的。。。

海无宁波 发表于 2012-1-7 20:09

这样的事写在《基督教箴言报》有没有暗示宗教的意思?
基督教在我国,就是外国的轮子功----不断扩大的队伍、政府无从下手管理、时刻潜在威胁。
设想,某天,国内的某个基督教组织要盖一个大大大大的教堂。结果,当地政府没有同意。于是,外国记者云集,一场烙着限制宗教自由烙印的冲突上演了。。。。

等待桑丘 发表于 2012-1-8 10:16

宗教中善的一面是很清澈甜美的,只是很多人喝过牙碜的清水,不太愿意相信自己本来向往的东西。
不管哪个宗教,或者不是宗教,向善、感恩,都是应该具有的美德。
真正的坚实的持久的快乐,应该出自这里。

lilyma06 发表于 2012-1-9 10:56