山水之间 发表于 2012-10-29 12:36

想要自杀的孩子被特警狙击手射杀,父母悲痛欲绝

本帖最后由 woikuraki 于 2012-10-30 14:33 编辑

原文链接:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224126/They-brought-army-16-year-old-boy-Anguish-parents-suicidal-son-shot-SWAT-sniper-home.html
Anguish of parents whose suicidal son was shot by SWAT sniper at his home
想要自杀的孩子被特警狙击手射杀,父母悲痛欲绝
2012-10-27    译者:ericbox
译文地址:
http://www.ltaaa.com/bbs/thread-98191-1-1.html

A sensitive and peace-loving 16-year-old boy from an affluent Georgia suburb was fatally gunned down by a police sniper in his own house after he threatened to kill himself following a bad day at school.
Young Andrew Messina cracked after receiving a bad grade and upon returning home he grabbed his parents .357 Magnum and told his mother he wanted to end his life.
Panicked, she called the police to come and talk him down, but instead, an army of deputies, an armoured tank and a sniper arrived at their Towne Lake home who eventually shot the boy dead after he smashed a door window with the handgun.
一个来自乔治亚富裕郊区的敏感而爱好和平的16岁男孩因成绩不好扬言自杀,被特警狙击手在自己家中射杀。
年轻的安德鲁·梅西纳考试失利,回家后拿起一把.357马格南手枪(一种操作简单,杀伤力大的转轮手枪——译者),告诉妈妈说他想要自杀。
在慌乱中,他妈妈叫来了警察想要使他平静下来,但是警察叫了一辆装甲车和一名狙击手来到他的家,最终在他用手枪打碎门上的玻璃的时候将他射杀。
http://img.ltaaa.com/bbs/forum/201210/29/011138glbg3qjhdjwqmsuf.jpg
安德鲁和他妈妈
Speaking out for the first time since the tragic May 1st accident at their Towne Lake home, Andrew's parents Nick and Lisa said they still struggled to believe the chain of events that led to their boy's death and the way that police have closed ranks since the fatal shooting.

'He just got sad and kind of down on himself and talked about running away. And that discussion turned to ending his life. And I wasn't home,' Nick Messina said to CBS Atlanta.
'It just happened so fast, and then he went upstairs. He has the gun in his hand, and he had bullets in the other hand,' Lisa Messina continued.Making a panicked 911 call, Lisa Messina was more concerned for her son's safety than her own.
'I need you to get away from him if you think he is going to shoot you,' said the 911 operator during tense call.
'I think he is going to shoot himself,' replied Lisa Messina.
Concerned as to what the exact police response would be to her armed son, Lisa Messina wanted to know how many cars are coming.
'Just one, right?' said the worried mother.
'I'm not sure,' replied the operator
However, when asked by the operator if her son was 'out of his mind,' Messina’s mother said'yeah.'
Within minutes, the scene outside the Messina's picturesque home resembled a Hollywood movie, as a slew of officers arrived along with an armoured tank and a deadly police sniper.
'They brought an army to take out a 16-year-old boy. To kill a 16-year-old boy,' Nick Messina said.
首次讲述5月1日发生在Towne Lake家中的悲痛事件,安德鲁的父母,尼克和丽莎说他们仍然无法相信这起带走他们儿子生命的事件,无法相信警察居然开出致命一枪。
"他只是伤心,情绪有些低落,想要逃避。他想要结束自己的生命,我又不在家。"尼克·梅西纳对哥伦比亚广播公司的记者说。
“这一切发生的太快了。他想要上楼。他手里有一把手枪,另一只手拿着子弹”丽莎·梅西纳继续道。她拨打了911报警电话,相比自己,她更关心她孩子的安危。
“如果你觉得他可能朝你开枪,我们希望你离他远一些。”911接线员在紧急呼叫中说。
“我认为他可能会自杀。”丽莎回答。
由于想知道他们派了多少警力来处理她持枪的儿子,丽莎问有多少车会到达现场。
“只有一辆车来吗?”这位担忧的妈妈问。
“我不确定。”接线员回答。
但是,当接线员问及她儿子是否“精神不稳定”时,梅西纳的妈妈回答:“是的。”
几分钟内,梅西纳风景如画般的家外面上演了一部好莱坞式的大作。随着大量的警察的到来,还有一辆装甲车和致命的狙击手。
“他们带来一支军队来对付一个16岁的小男孩,来杀一个16岁的小男孩!”尼克·梅西纳说。
While Andrew was inside the house alone, he hooked up a video camera to record himself as he drunk a bottle of Martini and telephoned his distraught father outside.
The harrowing footage of the boys last moments were made available to CBS Atlanta.

'You can't find anything worth living for with me?' said Nick Messina to his son.
'I don't know,' replied Andrew.
'Really?' said his father.
'I do know personally I really don't want to live. So you should just let this happen if you really love me,' said his son.
此时,安德鲁独自一人在房间里,他打开摄像机,录下他正喝马提尼和给外面心急如焚的父亲打电话的影像。
男孩最后的这段令人痛心的画面在哥伦比亚的电视台放映。
“难道你找不到任何和我一起生活下去的理由吗?”尼克·梅西纳对儿子说。
“我不知道。”安德鲁回答。
“真的吗?”他父亲问道。
“我知道我真的是不想活下去了。如果你爱我,就该让我死。”他儿子回答。
Police at the scene cut off that phone call and placed negotiators to the side of the front door within earshot of Andrew.
'They are still standing there,' an agitated Andrew can be observed to say on the video as he staggers around his house wielding the handgun and drinking directly from the bottle.
'Go away or do something, the tension is killing me.'
As the home was surrounded by deputies in combat gear, Andrew can be seen to become ever more frightened in the video recording.
'We thought that they would (be) experts in being able to diffuse the situation. And that was not what happened. Instead of the fire being put out, they brought gasoline,' Nick Messina said.这
On the negotiation call, Andrew Messina said he wasn't involved in a riot, rather he was angry.
'Is that a riot shield? Yeah, that's a riot shield,' he said. 'This isn't a riot, this is one person who is pissed off.'
Tragically for his parents, Andrew can be heard to ask to speak to his father several times.
'Hey, where's my dad? Isn't he supposed to be here?' he said.
时候警察挂掉电话,派了一名谈判专家来到前门安德鲁可以听到的地方进行谈判。
“他们还在门口,”安德鲁在录像中神情焦虑地说,同时他握着手枪一边在屋子里蹒跚一边从瓶子中饮酒。
“没事就滚开,我要疯掉了!”
房子被身着作战服的警察包围,安德鲁在录像中看起来越来越害怕。
“我们以为他们对于缓和这类局势非常专业,但是一点也不。他们没有稳定场面,反而火上浇油。”尼克·梅西纳说。
在谈判中,安德鲁·梅西纳说他不想引起骚乱,只是十分生气。
“那里有防暴盾?是的,有防暴盾,”他说,“这里没有暴动,只有一个愤怒的人。”
令人悲伤的是,我们能听到安德鲁多次要求与父亲对话。
“嘿,我爸爸在哪里?他不是应该在这里吗?”他说。
Just 15 minutes before their son was fatally shot, Andrew Messina's parents watched sniper, Jason Yarbrough walk by them with his rifle over his shoulder.
'I couldn't believe the gun he had,' Lisa Messina said.
'I said, 'Whoa, where is he going with that gun?'
'A minute later we heard this horrendous cannon shot and he was dead,' Nick Messina said.
Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison said that the 16-year-old boy had made an aggressive gesture by smashing through a glass window pane in the front door near to the negotiating teams.
'We would still be sitting there today if it weren't for that very, very aggressive act that he made of ramming the gun and a pistol straight through a glass door at our officers,' said Cherokee County Sheriff Roger Garrison, the day after the shooting.
'Had that officer not taken the action, there is a good chance one of those negotiators that was there who also has a family, also would not be going home today.'
在他们儿子被射杀前15分钟,安德鲁·梅西纳的父母看到狙击手杰森·亚伯勒扛着来复枪走过。
“我无法相信他手里的枪”丽莎·梅西纳说。
“我说‘你!拿着这把枪去哪里?’”
“一分钟后我们听到一声可怕的枪声,他死了。”尼克·梅西纳说。
切罗基县警长罗杰·加里森说,这个16岁男孩咄咄逼人地击碎了门口谈判专家附近的门玻璃。
“如果他没有非常非常具有攻击性地开枪射穿我们警察身边的玻璃,我们可能现在还在那里。”切罗基县警长罗杰·加里森说,“如果警察不采取行动,我们那个也有家庭的谈判专家,今天可能就不能回家了。

However, the Messina's attorney Chuck Pekor believes that the police had no justification to shoot the suicidal teen.
'There is nobody in there with him. There is nobody at risk except himself. You just give it time, just wait,' Pekor said about the standoff which had lasted a little more than an hour.
'Not a single officer out there, not a one, ever saw the gun come through the hole where the break was.'
Furthermore, Pekor finds irregularities with the account that he was directly threatening the negotiating team.
This is because he was shot sideways through his abdomen, with the bullet entering his right side and exiting the left.
This meant that the right handed boy would have been facing the opposite direction to the police team when he was shot.
Furthermore, Yarbrough had only been on the scene for less than 20 minutes and has admitted he didn't even know if there was a hostage with the boy.
An internal investigation by the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office and the district attorney both found there was no criminal wrongdoing by Yarbrough.
However, the Messina's are in the process of filing a lawsuit againt the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office.
然而,梅西纳的律师查克·匹克确信警察没有理由射杀一名自杀的青少年。
“那里没有其他人。除了他自己,没有其他人受到威胁。你只要给他时间,只要等待。”匹克说这场对峙已经持续了一个多小时。
“那里没有一名警察,没有一个人看到枪从破碎的玻璃中伸出来。”
此外,匹克发现安德鲁直接威胁谈判专家这个判断是有错误。
这时因为他被击穿腹部,子弹从右侧进入,从左侧穿出。
这意味着这位右利手的男孩在他被射杀的时候是背对警察的。
此外,亚伯勒仅仅在现场不到20分钟,他承认他甚至都不知道那个男孩是否挟持人质。
切罗基县警长办公室和地方检察官的的一项内部调查都认为亚伯勒没有过失。
不管怎样,梅西纳家人正对切罗基县警长办公室提起诉讼。

赞同最多的评论翻译:

Of course the police are at fault, but as a gun owner, I ask what idiot parent leaves their gun accessible to an emotionally disturbed teen?
当然这个警察是有过失的,但是作为一名持枪的人,我想知道什么笨蛋父母会把枪放在一名情绪不稳定的青少年可以拿到的地方?
- Darren, 美国, 28/10/2012 5:20   赞同260

My guess is she told the police her son had a gun & they came fully armed. Silly woman, why didn't she try to talk him down or ring for his dad? and why was the gun accessible to the teen? It's an unfortunate fact that an upset teen with a gun usually means fatalities
我猜她告诉警察她的儿子有枪,所以他们就全副武装赶来。糊涂的女人啊,她为什么不尝试和他谈谈,或者打电话找他父亲?为什么把枪放在能被青少年拿到的地方?这真是个令人遗憾的事实,一个情绪不稳定的青少年持有枪支,通常意味着死亡。
- Raymee, 科罗拉多, 28/10/2012 4:39赞同203

I'm just stunned at the sheer OVERREACTION of the police over this. This boy was alone in the house, was speaking through the house phone with a negotiator and all he kept saying was 'can I please see my dad?' - he wasn't threatening anyone. Mom should not have called 911 and say that her son had a gun - and the police have behaved in a way I'm just speechless about. Rest in peace, Andrew. There'll be no apologies, I guarantee you that...
我对警察处理此事的过度反应感到震惊。这个孩子独自一人呆在房间里,通过房价的电话和谈判专家说话,一直在说“我能和我爸爸说话吗?”他不想吓到别人,他妈妈不应该叫来警察,还告诉他们她儿子有枪。警察用一种我无法解释的行为来处置此事。安息吧,安德鲁。不会有道歉的,我保证。。。
- ixiruxa, Bismarck, 美国, 28/10/2012 4:55赞同138

heartbreaking.
令人心碎的事情。
- Jess,大急流城,美国, 28/10/2012 4:39赞同134

I bet that's the last time she calls cops for help.
我打赌这是她最后一次叫警察帮忙。
- Joe, . 美国亚利桑那州, 28/10/2012 5:22赞同133

The tragic ACCIDENT you call it??? The police are treating the citizens like the enemy, this is the purpose of the TSA and treat fusion centers. No longer peace officers, but enforcement thugs. INFOWARS.COM
你叫这种事是意外?警察对待市民就像对待敌人,这就是TSA和康复中心建立的目的。没有什么治安官,只有执法暴徒。
- Fran, 莱斯特,英国 28/10/2012 4:46赞同113

Cops no longer protect and serve. They shoot first and ask questions later. If you're lucky, they'll use a tazer when firing that first shot.
警察不再保护我们,他们先开火,再问你问题。如果你幸运,他们会用泰瑟枪来开第一枪。
- Sophisticrat, 德克萨斯州, 28/10/2012 4:44赞同108

In the USA, you should avoid at all costs bringing the police into domestic problems. Once called, the police feel free to use whatever violence they feel they can get away with. I know this from personal experience. The police are more akin to a quasi-military force in the USA, unlke the UK police. Be warned, don't go near them, unless you have absolutely no option.
在美国,你要不惜一切代价避免警察介入内部事务。一旦报警,警察有权使用一切可以让他们逃脱的暴力行为。这是我的个人经历。不像英国警察,美国警察就是美国的准军事力量。警告大家,如果不是别无选择,请不要走近他们。
- schopenhaur, 奥尔巴尼 美国 28/10/2012 10:19赞同105

As someone from the UK, why don't the police just shoot to injure? Why do they always shoot to kill?
作为来自英国的人,为什么警察不能射伤他?为什么总是要杀死?
- UK Girl, 英国某处(原文Somewhere In The UK), 28/10/2012 10:51赞同103

沐霜 发表于 2012-10-29 13:14

这世界从来就没有真正的民主
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 想要自杀的孩子被特警狙击手射杀,父母悲痛欲绝