注册会员 登录
四月青年社区 返回首页

夜風鈴的个人空间 http://bbs.m4.cn/?13067 [收藏] [复制] [RSS]

日志

Loving you -----Minnie Riperton

已有 763 次阅读2009-5-9 04:08 |个人分类:音樂|

Minnie Riperton

Minnie Julia Riperton (November 8, 1947 – July 12, 1979) was an American singer-songwriter best known for her five-and-a-half octave vocal range and her 1975 single "Lovin' You".

As a child Riperton studied music, drama, and dance at Chicago's Lincoln Center. In her teen years, Riperton sang lead vocals for the Chicago-based girl group, The Gems. Her early affiliation with legendary Chess records afforded her the opportunity to sing backup for various established artist such as Etta James, Fontella Bass, Ramsey Lewis, Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry, and Muddy Waters. While at Chess Riperton also sang lead for the experimental rock/soul group Rotary Connection, from 1967 to 1971. In 1969 Riperton, along with Rotary Connection, played in the first Catholic Rock Mass at the Liturgical Conference National Convention, Milwaukee Arena, Milwaukee, WI. produced by James F. Colaianni. Riperton reached the apex of her short, but esteemed, career with her number-one hit single, "Lovin' You", on April 4, 1975. The single was the last release from her 1974 gold album entitled Perfect Angel.

In 1976 Riperton was diagnosed with breast cancer and underwent a modified radical mastectomy. Facing a grim prognosis, she continued recording and touring, and in 1977 she became spokesperson for the American Cancer Society. That same year Minnie also received the Society's Courage Award presented to her at the White House by then-President Jimmy Carter. She died at age 31 in the summer of 1979.

Biography

Early life

Riperton was born in Chicago, Illinois, to Daniel and Thelma Riperton . The youngest of eight children in a musical family, Riperton embraced the arts early on. Although she started out with ballet and modern dance, Riperton's parents recognized her vocal and musical abilities and encouraged her to pursue music and voice.

At Chicago's Lincoln Center, Riperton received operatic vocal training from Miss Marion Jeffery. She practiced breathing and phrasing, with particular emphasis on diction. Jeffery also trained Riperton to use her full range, which contradicts traditional operatic training. Many classical purists deem the seventh octave musically worthless.

While studying under Jeffery, Riperton sang operettas and show tunes, in preparation for a career in opera. Jeffery was so convinced of her pupil's abilities that she strongly pushed her to further study the classics at Chicago's Junior Lyric Opera. However, this was the 1960s, and young Riperton was becoming very interested in soul, rhythm and blues, and rock. After graduating from Hyde Park High School, now Hyde Park Career Academy, she enrolled at Loop College, but dropped out after only two weeks. While in Rotary Connection, Riperton met songwriter Richard Rudolph, whom she later married. They have a son named Marc, and a daughter, Maya Rudolph, the Saturday Night Live actress.

Loving you -----Minnie Riperton
  sweetheart
  I never have told you
  how much I love you
  how much I care
  loving you
  so beautiful
  Loving you
  Is easy 'Cause you're beautiful
  and loving you
  is all I wanna do
  Loving you
  is more than
  Just the dream come true
  And everthing I do
  is out of loving you
  La La...Doo un doo un doo doo, Ah...
  No one else can make me feel
  The colours that you bring
  Stay with me when we grow old
  And we will live each day in spring time
  Loving you has made my life so beautiful
  And everyday of my life
  Is filled with loving you
  Loving you
  I see your soul
  Come shining through
  And every time that we, Ooh
  I'm so in love with you
  La La...Doo un doo un Doo Doo, Ah..
  Loving you La la...Doo un Doo un Doo Doo..Ah..
  No one else can make me feel
  The colours that you bring
  Stay with me when we grow old
  And we will live each day in spring time
  loving you
  it's easy
  'cause you 're beautiful
  every day of my life
  it filled with loving you
  loving you
  I see you soul
  Come shining through
  and everytime that we
  hoo~
  I am so loving you
  la.......
  do.....
  ha......
  中文翻譯
  Loving you is easy 'cause you're beautiful,
  愛上你很容易,因為你如此美麗
  Making loving you is all I wanna do.
  傾心於你,是我心願唯一所係
  Loving you is more then just a dream come true,
  愛著你,不只是一個美夢成真
  And everything that I do is out of loving you.
  而我所做的一切都是出於愛你
  No one else can make me feel the colors that you bring.
  沒有人能夠讓我感受到你所帶來的色彩豔麗
  Stay with me while we grow old
  陪伴在我身邊,直到我們年華老去
  And we will live each day in springtime.
  而我們將春天般的度過每一個日子
  'Cause loving you has
呆喵給我早一步發出日誌。氣憤。

鲜花

臭鸡蛋

发表评论 评论 (7 个评论)

回复 unisky 2009-5-9 04:18
我不呆,我只是笨了點
回复 夜風鈴 2009-5-9 04:22
unisky: 我不呆,我只是笨了點
嗯…如此誠實值的獎勵。

吃波板糖…乖喔。
回复 unisky 2009-5-9 04:23
回复 夜風鈴 2009-5-9 04:27
unisky:
吃到流汗。太誇張的。
回复 unisky 2009-5-9 11:35
夜風鈴: 吃到流汗。太誇張的。
回复 vivicat 2009-5-9 21:55
这首歌听过无数版本的。。。
回复 夜風鈴 2009-5-9 23:15
vivicat: 这首歌听过无数版本的。。。
嗯。太多人翻唱了。

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 23:26 , Processed in 0.032111 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.