查看: 842|回复: 7

【08.10.03英国每日电讯】美国参议院批准美印民用核协议

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-10-5 22:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
【08.10.03英国每日电讯】美国参议院批准美印民用核协议
【原文标题】India in from the cold
【登载媒体】英国每日电讯
【原文地址链接】
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2008/10/03/dl0302.xml
【译者】妩人少将   个人原创翻译
【声明】本翻译仅供Anti-CNN使用,谢绝转载
【英文原文】
India in from the cold
Last Updated: 12:01am BST 03/10/2008

Have your say      Read comments

It has been a remarkable transformation. Ten years ago, the Americans imposed economic sanctions on India after it tested nuclear weapons. On Wednesday night, the Senate approved a deal permitting civilian nuclear trade between the two countries.

As a president who has had scant foreign policy success, George W. Bush can claim this as his greatest diplomatic achievement. India, a fellow democracy, has been identified as a strategic partner and a counterweight to China in Asia.

The deal has been pushed through the Nuclear Suppliers Group, formed, ironically, after India had conducted its first test in 1974, and has now been passed by both houses of Congress.

advertisementAmerican business stands to benefit, not just from the supply of fuel and technology, but also, further down the line, from huge increases in defence spending planned by New Delhi. For its part, India has carte blanche to embark on a nuclear power station programme costed, conservatively, at $27 billion.

News: Senate agrees US-India nuclear deal
If that is all very satisfactory bilaterally, it increases the strain on the wider non-proliferation campaign. India will now have access to foreign nuclear material without having signed the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

And while its civilian plants will be subject to inspection by the International Atomic Energy Agency, the government retains the right to classify which reactors fall into this category. In addition, the stockpiles of nuclear fuel that it possesses will not come within the agency's purview.

The dangers are twofold. First, the deal could intensify the arms race with Pakistan and China. Second, the non-proliferation exemption agreed for India will make it more difficult to check the nuclear ambitions of states like Iran.

Mr Bush has made a bold strategic move, but it is one that could fatally undermine an already weakened anti-nuclear regime.

翻译:

上次更新时间:上午12点012008年10月3日

这是一个非常引人注目的转变。10年前美国在印度试验核武器后开始对其进行经济制裁。但是美国参议院在本周三晚上批准了一项允许美印两国之间进行民用核贸易的协议。

作为一位外交政策上缺乏成功的美国总统,布什可以将这视为他最大的外交成就。民主政治伙伴印度已被看成是在亚洲抗衡中国一个战略上的合作伙伴。

讽刺的是该交易完全绕过了在1974年印度完成它的第一次核测试后成立的核供应国集团,但是现在这个交易却在美国会参众两院得到通过。

美国企业从中受益,不仅仅是在燃料和技术上,而且随着进一步降低的限制,美国同样也会从新德里国防开支计划的巨额增长中获利。就印度其本身而言,印度已经义无反顾的开出了一张核电厂的方案,计算上的花费即使保守的说也要270亿美元。

如果说这令印美双边都非常满意的话,它同时也增加了对更广泛的不扩散运动的压力。印度现在将有机会获得外国的核材料,而不必签署了核不扩散条约。

而虽然其民用工厂将会受到国际原子能机构的核查,但是印度政府政府有权将其认为的反应堆归类于这一类。它拥有的核燃料的库存将不会在该机构的检查职权范围之内。

这个危险是双重的。首先,此核交易可能加剧印度与巴基斯坦和中国的军备竞赛。其次,不扩散豁免解除了对印度的协议,将使对像伊朗那样的核野心国家的检查变得更加艰难。

布什总统作出了一个大胆的战略举措,但它也可以对本已被削弱的反核制度造成致命的破坏。

附新闻报道:

美国参议院1日以86票对13票的表决结果批准美印民用核协议,从而解除美国在印度于1974年进行核试验之后针对该国的民用核贸易禁令。

综合外电10月2日报道,美国参议院1**准美印民用核协议,从而为两国在30年之后恢复民用核贸易扫除最后一道法律障碍。

参议院以86票对13票的表决结果批准美印民用核协议,从而解除在印度于1974年进行核试验之后设置的民用核贸易禁令。

[ 本帖最后由 妩人少将 于 2008-10-5 22:31 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2008-10-6 00:03 | 显示全部楼层
每日电讯上外国网友的跟帖评论

India, with a population of about
1.1 billion people has enormous,
infrastructural-development projects that need, Western, technological
assistance. Effective transportation
system is a path to rapid, economic development. Hence, India, also, has a multi-billion dollar road-construction project to make the countryside more motorable and accessible for modernization. But, India's nuclear-weapons development program remains troublesome for a nation that has refused to sign the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. But, since India hasn't been one of
aggravating, rambunctious nations of
the world, maybe, that's why western
counterparts have been somewhat indulgent. As I have written in past commentaries, India makes substantial contributions to
UN's peacekeeping operations.
Igonikon Jack, USA
印度拥有约11亿的人口,
巨大的基础设施发展项目需要西方和技术援助。
有效的运输系统是一条快速发展经济的途径。因此印度也有一个价值数十亿美元的公路建设项目计划以使得其农村更加的交通便利和现代化。但是,印度的核武器发展计划对一个一直拒绝签署核不扩散条约的国家来说仍然是极为棘手的。一直以来印度并没有成为世界上的严重动乱的国家之一,也许,这就是为什么西方对其一直有些纵容的原因。正如我过去写的评注,印度在联合国的维和行动中做出了重大贡献。

美国Igonikon Jack
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
exuse me plese i am not hopeing that peace full india give back kasmir to pushtang and pathan mans. my ansestor come from here. in pakistan much bad feeling of terror mans. this must be stopped at madrassah. with beard and rocking backs and fourth they get dizzy and fighting . if they drink lassi and have wife they dont fighting. i have 3 wifes and drink lassi and never fighting because my wifes never hit me back after i smack them.i only smack them if dinner late or they forget combe beard before bed.
i love peace full great england,
thanks you
Posted by Imam on October 3, 2008 4:31 PM
抱歉,我不希望沐浴和平的印度后退到kasmir pushtang(印度境内的阿富汗人)地区。我的祖先就来自那里。如果在巴基斯坦呆着只会有对恐怖活动的憎恶。那些人经常都是大胡须、摇晃着背部并疯狂和好斗的,而在马德拉斯(印度城市)这一定会被禁止。假如他们喝lassi并且拥有妻子,他们将不会好战。我有三妻子并且我喝lassi ,但是从不好斗,这是因为我的妻子在我打她们之后从未反抗我,并且我仅仅会在她们晚餐准备迟了或者她们忘记了在睡觉前清理胡须(汗,谁的?)的时候才会打她们。
我爱和平伟大的英格兰
谢谢
Imam 2008年10月3日下午4时31分
India is the largest and most responsible Democracy on the face of the planet. It represents whole of humanity with multitude of languages, regions etc. from ancient times to present day.
US is slowly coming to know what India is all about, US has been in Cold-War hangover past 3 decades.
As far as this deal is concerned, US is going to be more benefitted (economically or otherwise) than India itself.
But what really is more important and that India deserves is to be UN's permanent member of security council. This is overdue and should be addressed immediately.
印度是地球上最大和最负责任的民主政体。它从自古至今的众多的语言、地区等都代表了整个人类。
美国正在缓慢地了解为什么是印度所有问题的关键,美国一直在冷战后遗症中过去了30年。
至于这笔交易之所以被关切,是因为美国将得到更多的利益(经济或其他方式),而不是印度本身。
但真正更重要的是印度应该成为联合国安理会的常任理事国。这已经是迟的了,应立即加以处理。
Sri 2008年10月3日 下午1:51
This is the need of the hour.
American economy is already in black, this deal could be a boon for American economies if they can cooperate with India in an efficient way.
There should not be any further delay in American Nuclear Companies assisting Indian companies to build nuclear reactors. Better stand up now, do you see French are coming!
Posted by Robins Tomar on October 3, 2008 1:01 PM
这些需要时间。
美国经济已经陷入危机,如果他们能与印度进行有效的合作,那么这项交易将可能为美国经济带来实惠。
在美国核公司协助印度公司建造核反应堆方面不应有任何进一步的拖延。现在站出来吧,你没看到法国人正在来了吗!
罗宾斯托马尔2008年10月3日下午1时01分
Folks in the west will have no choice but to support, depend, deal, talk, work with India.
It is so inevitable now than ever before. If they don't, they will be left in the cold with China and Russia.
Mother India is indeed mother for all!
I know I am bit cheecky in Fridays!!
Posted by Uma Shankar on October 3, 2008 12:40 PM
西方人除了与印度支持、依靠、交易、对话、合作之外别无选择。
现在这比以往任何时候不可避免。如果它们(西方)不这样做,他们将停留在与中国和俄罗斯的冷战。
印度就是一切!
我知道我可能有些鲁莽,在星期五!
乌玛艾亚尔   2008年十月三日下午12点40分
India is a stable democracy, despite many persisting social inequalities long in need of address. She is surrounded by other states which are not - and in these times she is to be cultivated as an ally.
Pakistan would be in exactly the same position if she could show the complete triumph of secular majority democracy over the regional Islamic extremist minority.
Posted by simon coulter on October 3, 2008 9:14 AM
印度是一个稳定的民主国家,尽管仍然存在着许多的社会不平等现象长期的需要处理。她的周围是那些不民主的其他国家-在这些时候,她被当作盟友培养。
如果巴基斯坦能显示占多数的民主政治对伊斯兰极端少数的完整的胜利,那么巴基斯坦将处于与印度完全相同的位置。
西蒙库尔特   2008年十月3日上午09点14分
This is the real world, not the one we would wish to see.
That old expression 'hard choices' springs to mind. If the Indian sub-continent is to have nuclear weapons, in whose hands are they safest - India or Pakistan, Hindhu/Sikh or Muslim? Not much of a test is it?
References to the barking mad regime in Iran are completely irrelevant to the situation in democratic India.
With the failed state of Pakistan, haven to global terrorism on the one hand and a rapidly expanding China on the other, India is indeed a friend.
Good move GWB!
Posted by Graham King on October 3, 2008 7:33 AM
这就是真实的世界,而不是我们所希望看到的那个。
这个老旧的措辞'艰难的选择'又跳出来让我们关注。如果印度次大陆拥有核武器,那么在谁的手中那些核武器是最安全-印度还是巴基斯坦, Hindhu/锡克教徒还是穆斯林?这并不需要太多的检验不是吗?
相对于吠叫疯狂的伊朗政权的是情况完全不相干的民主印度。
而对比与在一方面是全球恐怖分子天堂的失败国家巴基斯坦和另一方面一个迅速崛起的中国,印度确实可以算得上是一个朋友。

Graham King  2008年10月三号上午07时33分

[ 本帖最后由 妩人少将 于 2008-10-6 00:39 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-10-6 00:25 | 显示全部楼层
典型的双重标准,
那些所谓网友洗脑的挺厉害的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-29 06:53 , Processed in 0.110222 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.