找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1262|回复: 4

Rocky road to Beijing - An anticle make me angry much

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-3-29 14:28 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
An ariticle give me a shock, how many western people misunderstand us so much! We are so friendly to them.

http://www.thestar.com/comment/article/404744 Mar 28, 2008 04:30 AM

Re:Dalai Lama no `angel,' envoy says March 27 How often do we get the opportunity to help one of the great spiritual leaders in the world? The Dalai Lama has consistently spread the word of peace and non-violence. Through his books and speaking, he has taught us about compassion, understanding and happiness. We have benefited from his wisdom, insight and humour. Now, we have the chance to support him in a time of need. When he tells us that too many people have died and been imprisoned in Tibet recently, we know that he is telling the truth. The Dalai Lama has called for independent, international observers. He has appealed for calm and for tolerance from the Chinese government. Thousands of Canadians saw the Dalai Lama speak at events across Canada. It is our responsibility to act now to support peace and justice in Tibet. The issue is not independence for Tibet; it is freedom of speech, the release of unfairly imprisoned monks, and independent observers to determine what is happening in Tibet. The Dalai Lama needs our support. How can we possibly do nothing? Ian Heide, Ottawa

This last outburst by the Chinese ambassador to Canada has made me reflect on the issue of human rights and the Olympic spirit. I do believe human rights trump sports but if I made this statement in China I would receive a five-year prison term, as was recently given out for such a thought. Perhaps the suggestion that a permanent site for the Olympics in Greece would be the best. The pathetic response to date of the IOC and its president demonstrates that the so-called flag of Olympic purity is more of financial greed. Pierre Klein, Picton, Ont.

I solemnly promise that I will endeavour to not buy anything of Chinese origin until the Chinese ambassador to Canada retracts his statement that the Dalai Lama is a serial liar. I do understand that these days not buying Chinese will be difficult and costly, but it will be worth it. I also call upon our government to boycott the Olympic Games until such a statement is retracted and the Chinese ambassador is recalled. Malcolm Lake, Burlington

I am distressed that a growing number of European Union countries are contemplating a boycott of the Beijing Olympic Games. I do not care which side of the debate you are on, all that a boycott accomplishes is to dash the dreams of thousands of athletes who have worked for this very moment. It is important to note that those who attempted to disrupt the lighting of the Olympic flame were, in fact, professional demonstrators from Europe. The Tibet question is a matter that international leaders can and should raise with the government of China and prod the Chinese government to resolve. Let's keep the Olympic movement free of politics. Derek Bignell, Toronto
发表于 2008-3-29 14:31 | 显示全部楼层
看不懂! 请哪位懂英语的兄弟帮忙翻译下!
发表于 2008-3-29 20:44 | 显示全部楼层
一篇读者评论,试着翻译一下,凑合着看吧。
崎岖的北京之路

How often do we get the opportunity to help one of the great spiritual leaders in the world? The Dalai Lama has consistently spread the word of peace and non-violence. Through his books and speaking, he has taught us about compassion, understanding and happiness. We have benefited from his wisdom, insight and humour. Now, we have the chance to support him in a time of need. When he tells us that too many people have died and been imprisoned in Tibet recently, we know that he is telling the truth. The Dalai Lama has called for independent, international observers. He has appealed for calm and for tolerance from the Chinese government. Thousands of Canadians saw the Dalai Lama speak at events across Canada. It is our responsibility to act now to support peace and justice in Tibet. The issue is not independence for Tibet; it is freedom of speech, the release of unfairly imprisoned monks, and independent observers to determine what is happening in Tibet. The Dalai Lama needs our support. How can we possibly do nothing? Ian Heide, Ottawa

我们多久有机会去帮助世界上一个伟大的精神领袖呢?dl喇嘛一贯宣扬和平与非暴力。通过他的著作和演讲,他教导我们关于同情,理解和幸福,我们已从从他的智慧、见识和幽默中获益。现在,我们有机会去支持他。当他告诉我们最近在西藏有很多人死了或入狱时,我知道他说的是事实。dl喇嘛呼吁中立的国际观察员。他呼吁中国政府保持镇静和容忍。数以千计的加拿大人收看到了dl对事件的言论。现在我们有责任行动起来支持西藏的和平和公正。谈的不是zd问题,而是言论自由, 释放被不公平关押的僧人,以及中立观察员去评估西藏发生的一切。dl喇嘛需要我们的支持,我们怎么可能无所事事吗?Ian Heide, Ottawa   (呵呵,dl的忠实信徒)

This last outburst by the Chinese ambassador to Canada has made me reflect on the issue of human rights and the Olympic spirit. I do believe human rights trump sports but if I made this statement in China I would receive a five-year prison term, as was recently given out for such a thought. Perhaps the suggestion that a permanent site for the Olympics in Greece would be the best. The pathetic response to date of the IOC and its president demonstrates that the so-called flag of Olympic purity is more of financial greed. Pierre Klein, Picton, Ont.

最近在中国驻加拿大使馆发生的暴乱让我陷入对人权和奥运精神的思考,我的确相信人权高于体育,但是,如果我在中国境内做出上述言论,我将会受到五年牢狱之罚,这个判罚做法最近才有。希腊永久性成为奥运会举办地可能是最好的建议。对国际奥委会的反应平平以及奥委会主席所谓的奥林匹克纯洁性更加充斥商业化的贪欲。Pierre Klein, Picton, Ont.

I solemnly promise that I will endeavour to not buy anything of Chinese origin until the Chinese ambassador to Canada retracts his statement that the Dalai Lama is a serial liar. I do understand that these days not buying Chinese will be difficult and costly, but it will be worth it. I also call upon our government to boycott the Olympic Games until such a statement is retracted and the Chinese ambassador is recalled. Malcolm Lake, Burlington

我郑重承诺本人尽量拒绝一切中国商品直到驻加拿大中国大使收回他有关dl喇嘛是个谎言者的言论。我知道这些天不买中国商品很困难而且代价很高,但是这一切是值得的。我也呼吁我们的政府抵制奥运会直至召回中国大使收回这种言论。  Malcolm Lake, Burlington--(要求大使收回所说的话,否则拒绝购买中国商品,看来中国货很便宜啊)

I am distressed that a growing number of European Union countries are contemplating a boycott of the Beijing Olympic Games. I do not care which side of the debate you are on, all that a boycott accomplishes is to dash the dreams of thousands of athletes who have worked for this very moment. It is important to note that those who attempted to disrupt the lighting of the Olympic flame were, in fact, professional demonstrators from Europe. The Tibet question is a matter that international leaders can and should raise with the government of China and prod the Chinese government to resolve. Let's keep the Olympic movement free of politics. Derek Bignell, Toronto

我很悲伤,越来越多的欧盟国家试图抵制奥运会。我不关心你是支持这争论的哪方,抵制只能使成千上万个为之奋斗的运动员的梦破灭。值得注意的是,那些试图破坏奥运会点火仪式的人实际上从欧洲来的专业示威者。西藏问题是国际领导人能够也应该向中国政府提出的一个问题,并且敦促中国政府解决,让我们让奥林匹克运动会远离政治吧。Derek Bignell, Toronto   --还比较客观。
发表于 2008-4-19 18:16 | 显示全部楼层
你拒绝吧,我们还拒绝你们的东西呢,看谁的代价更高
发表于 2008-4-25 12:37 | 显示全部楼层
如果这是听一个人讲了什么,就可以断定历史和事实,那我只好对你表示怜悯。还是到西藏去看看吧。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-17 10:35 , Processed in 0.038324 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.