[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2011-8-20 19:13 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
【中文标题】歌剧:西方不亮,东方亮
【登载媒体】纽约时报
【来源地址】http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,2086143,00.html
【译  者】yangfuguang
【声  明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【译  文】

As if any more proof was needed of China's growing dominance, it is now being bellowed at full volume by tenors and sopranos. Chinese composers have become a major source for opera in Europe and North America, while more opera festivals are staged in the People's Republic than anywhere else. "The future of opera may be in China," says Tian Hao Jiang, China's most celebrated operatic export a mainstay at New York's Metropolitan Opera. "So it's about time to reverse the trend. Instead of Chinese singers always coming to the West, Western singers are coming to learn Chinese."

仿佛需要有更多的理由来证明中国日渐增长的统治力,现在它被男女歌高音唱家们的激情歌唱代替了。中国作曲家正成为欧洲和北美歌剧的创作者,同时更多的歌剧节在中国开展,比在其它地方要多。田浩江(音)说,歌曲的未来或许在中国。中国最有名的出口歌剧是纽约大都会歌剧院的支柱,因此扭转趋势只是时间问题。不同于中国的歌者经常去西方,西方的歌者逐渐来中国学习。
That's the idea behind Tian's "I Sing Beijing," a summer program bringing some 20 promising young professionals from the U.S., Europe and South America to China to learn to sing in Mandarin, a program that will culminate with a gala concert at the National Centre for the Performing Arts on August 18. For participants, it's a chance to see China and eat dumplings; to study Mandarin and perform in it. For Tian, it's the fruition of a ten-year vow to bring fellow singers back to the country he left 28 years ago. "I was always telling my colleagues they had no idea about Chinese culture, and someday, I'd bring them here."
那是隐含在田的“我歌唱北京”的主意,这是个夏季计划,大约吸引了来自美国、欧洲和南美的20多位有前途的专业人士,这项活动的高潮是8月18日在国家大剧院举办一次盛大的音乐会。对于参与者来说,这是了解中国以及品尝饺子的好机会,学习汉语并表演它们。对于天来说,是十年的坚持和誓言,把歌者带到中国来表演;他二十八年前离开了中国。田说:“我常对我的同事们讲,他们不了解中国文化,有一天,我会把他们带到这里来”。
The fact that Tian's program has launched at this moment isn't just due to the fact that Beijing is funding programs like his that promote Chinese language learning world-wide, or even the support of the Obama Administration's goal to send "100,000 strong" U.S. students to China. Composers like Tan Dun, the avant-garde creator of five operas including "The First Emperor" as well as the score for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, have been leading a new wave of Western operas written in Chinese. "There's a thirst for new operas, with so much of our repertoire stuck in the 19th century," says Peter McClintock, a Metropolitan director who is an instructor in the program.
其实,田的计划能在这时进行,不仅仅是由于国家支持这种可以在全球促进汉语学习热潮的项目,也不仅仅是支持奥巴马政府的想要向中国派遣十万留学生的计划。谭盾是先锋创作者,曾经创造出像《第一皇帝》,以及把伏虎、潜龙改成器乐曲,这种行为促使更多的作者用汉语写作。Peter McClintock是位都市导演,也是该计划的指导者,他表示:“对新歌剧有强烈的渴求,因为我们很多剧目自十九世纪后就没有新内容了”。
It's a welcome boost for an art form that has been struggling to deliver to its traditional audiences. Only three of 28 recent productions at the Met in New York City were premieres of new works. While opera companies in Italy are scraping together funds to survive, some 50 opera houses are currently under construction in cities throughout China, symbols of the nation's new membership in the world's cultural elite. "In Guangzhou — even Fuzhou — there are world-class facilities," says Tian proudly. "Chinese consider this the highest art form, but they realize they need help to mount their productions properly."
对于这种蹒跚地走向传统观众的艺术,这种现象值得提倡。在纽约Met剧院,首映的作品只有3/28的是新作品。而在意大利情况更惨,他们在东拼西凑资金以求生存,而在中国差多不有50家新剧院在建设,这标志着该国新进入了世界文化阶层。“在广州——甚至福州——他们拥有世界级的设施,中国认为这是高级的艺术形式,但他们也意识到他们也需要助力来提高作品水准”。田说。
For fledgling singer Juliet Petrus, those venues "could be the chance to start a career on the other side of the world," says the 32-year-old Midwesterner. Leaving a two-year-old child behind for the summer, Petrus has been charged with the daunting task of singing "I Love You China," the nation's most patriotic ballad, at next month's finale — in Mandarin. Learning the language, says Tian, will help the performers "think and feel in Chinese, so they can sing those parts better." (See pictures of China's infrastructure boom.)
对菜鸟歌者Juliet Petrus来说,这些场馆“是个在世界另一边开始生涯的机会”,这个32岁的中西部移民说。Petrus把两岁的孩子留在家里过暑假,他则参加演绎了令人生畏的演唱“我爱你,中国”,这是中国最爱国的歌谣,它作为下个月的压轴曲目,并且是用普通话演唱的。田表示,学习汉语,会帮助演唱者用汉语思考和感受,因此他们可以更好的演唱这些。(看看基础设施的暴涨)

Response to Tian's initial call for applicants was strong, with around 200 performers auditioning in New York, L.A. and Denver. "It was a little different audition," says Petrus, "After my aria, they asked me what was the strangest thing I had ever done in my life." Kurt Kanazawa, a half-Japanese, half-Filipino performer from Hawaii, was a recent Columbia grad working in the Met gift shop in New York when he saw a recruiting poster. "Being Asian is going to be an advantage where it once was a handicap," says Kanazawa. "In China, you can see the astounding numbers of people studying opera and the number of new composers. It's a great opportunity — a new energy here."
对于田的倡议,申请者反应很热烈,在纽约,洛杉矶和丹佛大约有200名应试者。Petrus说:“这个应试有点特别,在我试唱之后,他们问我一些我非常不熟悉的问题。Kurt Kanazawa是菲日混血儿,来自夏威夷,是哥伦比亚毕业生,在纽约Met礼品店工作时,他看到了海报。他说:“作为亚洲人将会是很有利的,而在之前是有障碍的,在中国,有很多人学习歌唱和创作,而且人数绝对让人震撼。这是个机会,这里拥有新的推助力”。

For Tian, the high point of the program may be a planned visit to the factory for electric boilers where the famed tenor once worked for six years. "We'll sing some songs there. They make a joint venture product now — East and West, just like me." He hopes this will become an annual program, and is already planning next year's to include a tour of five or six Chinese cities and, more ambitiously, the first full opera sung in Chinese by an all-Western cast. By the sound of it, there may be more arias in Mandarin than in Italian before too long.
对田来说,这个计划的高潮将是访问他曾经工作六年的锅炉厂,我们将会在那里唱几首歌。“他们现在是中西合作的联合企业,就像我。”他希望这将是个常年性的活动,而且计划来年访问五到六座中国城市,而且更加野心勃勃的是,第一批用中文演唱的歌剧全部启用西方演员。鉴于此,不久之后将会有更多的中文咏叹调,而不是意大利语的。

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-8-21 16:28 | 显示全部楼层
其实艺术这种东西不必要太过分强调东方与西方。任何都有自己的魅力,只要有人会欣赏
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-21 19:35 | 显示全部楼层
{:soso__1225426874142995039_3:}
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-22 11:15 | 显示全部楼层
歌剧要佛教一样,发源外族但是最后得来中国朝圣!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-8-23 15:44 | 显示全部楼层
只要动人,无所谓东西方,都来吧,反正我家离国家大剧院不算远,有好作品去支持你们!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-24 12:27 , Processed in 0.041935 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.