查看: 2150|回复: 5

【纽约时报110908】拜登说中国崛起不是美国的终结

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-9-9 13:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 lilyma06 于 2011-9-9 13:47 编辑

【中文标题】中国崛起不是我们的终结

【原文标题】China’s Rise Isn’t Our Demise

【登载媒体】独立报

【来源地址】http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/08/opinion/chinas-rise-isnt-our-demise.html

【译    者】silver365

【翻译方式】人工

【声    明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。

【译    文】
By JOSEPH R. BIDEN Jr.

I FIRST visited China in 1979, a few months after our countries normalized relations. China was just beginning to remake its economy, and I was in the first Senate delegation to witness this evolution. Traveling through the country last month, I could see how much China had changed in 32 years — and yet the debate about its remarkable rise remains familiar.
1979年中美邦交正常化之后,我第一次访问中国。当时中国刚开始重新改造经济,我是首批上议院代表见证了这场革命。上个月我拜访中国,发现它在32年间变化很大,对于这种惊人的崛起的争辩也很熟悉。
Then, as now, there were concerns about what a growing China meant to America and the world. Some here and in the region see China’s growth as a threat, entertaining visions of a cold-war-style rivalry or great-power confrontation. Some Chinese worry that our aim in the Asia-Pacific is to contain China’s rise.
接下来人们也很关注,崛起的中国对美国乃至整个世界意味着什么。我们有些人把中国的崛起看作一种威胁,用冷战时的心态看待对方,恐惧对手的强大。一些中国人担心我们在亚太地区的目标是阻止中国的崛起。
I reject these views. We are clear-eyed about concerns like China’s growing military abilities and intentions; that is why we are engaging with the Chinese military to understand and shape their thinking. It is why the president has directed the United States, with our allies, to keep a strong presence in the region. As I told China’s leaders and people, America is a Pacific power and will remain one.
我反对这些观点。我们很清楚中国增长的军事实力和目的,这就是我们为什么与中国军方作战,理解并调整他们的意图。这就是为什么我们的总统指导美国以及我们的联盟在该地区表现强势。我曾跟中国领导人和人民讲,美国是太平洋上的一个大国,并将继续作为大国出现。
But, I remain convinced that a successful China can make our country more prosperous, not less.
As trade and investment bind us together, we have a stake in each other’s success. On issues from global security to global economic growth, we share common challenges and responsibilities — and we have incentives to work together. That is why our administration has worked to put our relationship on a stable footing. I am convinced, from nearly a dozen hours spent with Vice President Xi Jinping, that China’s leadership agrees.
但是我仍然相信,一个成功的中国可以让我们国家更加繁荣,而不是相反。贸易和投资把我们联系在一起,我们彼此利益攸关。从全球安全问题到全球经济增长,我们都有着共同的挑战和责任,并且激励我们共同努力。这就是为什么我们政府把我们的关系建立在一个稳定的基础上。对于这一点,与中国副主席习近平交谈几个小时之后我十分确信,中国领导层也表示同意。

We often focus on Chinese exports to America, but last year American companies exported more than $100 billion worth of goods and services to China, supporting hundreds of thousands of jobs here. In fact, our exports to China have been growing much faster than our exports to the rest of the world.
我们经常关注中国对美国的出口,但是去年美国公司向中国出口超过1000亿美元的产品和服务,由此产生数以千计的工作岗位。实际上,我们出口到中国的速度要比出口到世界其他地方发展更快。
The Chinese leaders I met with know their country must shift from an economy driven by exports, investment and heavy industry to one driven more by consumption and services. This includes continued steps to revalue their currency and to provide fair access to their markets. As Americans save more and Chinese buy more, this transition will accelerate, opening opportunities for us.
在我与中国领导人会见时,他们谈到中国必须转变以出口、投资和重工业带动经济增长方式到以消费和服务带动经济增长方式。这包括人民币升值和提供进入其市场的公平准入。随着美国储蓄的增多,中国购买力的增强,该进程将加快步伐,为我们打开机会。

Even as the United States and China cooperate, we also compete. I strongly believe that the United States can and will flourish from this competition.
即使美国跟中国合作,我们也要竞争。我十分相信美国可以这个竞争中胜出。

首先,我们需要继续关注中国增长的经济实力。根据国际货币基金组织数据,美国的GDP大约15万亿,是中国GDP的两倍还多;我们人均GDP大于47,000美元,是中国的11倍。
First, we need to keep China’s rising economic power in perspective. According to the International Monetary Fund, America’s gross domestic product, almost $15 trillion, is still more than twice as large as China’s; our per-capita G.D.P., above $47,000, is 11 times China’s.

现在很多人谈论中国”拥有“美国国债的问题,事实上是美国人拥有美国国债。中国仅持有8%的未偿国债。相对来说,美国人持有70%。我们承认拥有金融债务是为了包括海外在内的美国人的利益。这也是为什么美国从来没有债务违约,并且将来也从不会。
And while there is a lot of talk about China’s “owning” America’s debt, the truth is that Americans own America’s debt. China holds just 8 percent of outstanding Treasury securities. By comparison, Americans hold nearly 70 percent. Our unshakable commitment to honoring our financial obligations is for the sake of Americans, as well as for those overseas. It is why the United States has never defaulted on its obligations and never will.
也许更为重要的是21世纪的竞争本质对美国有利。20世纪时我们衡量一个国家的财富主要是它的自然资源、国土面积、人口和军队。在21世纪,一个国家的真正财富是有创造性头脑的人和创新能力。
Maybe more important, the nature of 21st-century competition favors the United States. In the 20th century, we measured a nation’s wealth primarily by its natural resources, its land mass, its population and its army. In the 21st century, the true wealth of a nation is found in the creative minds of its people and their ability to innovate.
我在成都时告诉学生们,美国是骨子里的创新。竞争在我们社会的每个角落,并已渗透到每代美国人的思想里,从棉花挤压机到飞机,芯片,因特网,他们使这些改变世界的想法赋予生命力。
As I told students in Chengdu, the United States is hard-wired for innovation. Competition is in the very fabric of our society. It has enabled each generation of Americans to give life to world-changing ideas — from the cotton gin to the airplane, the microchip, the Internet.
我们把我们的优势归功于我们的政治,经济以及教育孩子的方式。我们不是让他们接受建立好的正统学说,而是要挑战并改进它。我们让他们自由的表达,充分的讨论。法律的作用在于保护私有财产,引导投资,并且保证穷人跟富人有一样有义务。我们的大学仍是世界学生跟学者的最终目的地。而且我们欢迎有技术,野心和有更好生活心愿的人移民。
We owe our strength to our political and economic system and to the way we educate our children — not merely to accept established orthodoxy but to challenge and improve it. We not only tolerate but celebrate free expression and vigorous debate. The rule of law protects private property, lends predictability to investments, and ensures accountability for poor and wealthy alike. Our universities remain the ultimate destination for the world’s students and scholars. And we welcome immigrants with skill, ambition and the desire to better their lives.

美国的优势,现在来说是中国的弱点。我提出中国向创新经济转变的意见,这将打开其体制,不仅仅是人权。基础的权利是统一的,中国人期望拥有这些基础权利。释放一个人全部的潜力,而它的缺失会孕育着不平等。开放和自由的社会是最适合长期发展,稳定,繁荣和创新。
America’s strengths are, for now, China’s weaknesses. In China, I argued that for it to make the transition to an innovation economy, it will have to open its system, not least to human rights. Fundamental rights are universal, and China’s people aspire to them. Liberty unlocks a people’s full potential, while its absence breeds unrest. Open and free societies are best at promoting long-term growth, stability, prosperity and innovation.
我们也有我们自己的工作要做。我们需要保证任何有工作意愿的美国人可以找到一个好工作。我们需要继续吸引世界上顶级的天才。我们必须继续在教育,基础设施和创新方面投资。但是我们的未来在我们自己的手里。如果我们放开脚步,没有任何原因使美国不会表现的比之前更强盛。
We have our own work to do. We need to ensure that any American willing to work can find a good job. We need to keep attracting the world’s top talent. We must continue to invest in the fundamental sources of our strength: education, infrastructure and innovation. But our future is in our own hands. If we take bold steps, there is no reason America won’t emerge stronger than ever.

作为副总统,我已经环游地球超过50万公里,每当我回家的时候总会对我们未来充满同样的信心。有些人可能警告美国已经衰退,但我并不认同这观点。根据我在中国的经历,我会保证美国不会衰退,中国也不会。
As vice president, I’ve traveled half a million miles around the world. I always come home feeling the same confidence in our future. Some may warn of America’s demise, but I’m not among them. And let me reassure you: based on my time in China, neither are the Chinese.

发表于 2011-9-9 13:41 | 显示全部楼层
怎么不把 美副总统 的头衔摆在标题上?这个还是很值钱的。

=====

美副总统拜登撰文:中国的崛起并非美国的终结
2011年09月09日 09:09:36
http://news.xinhuanet.com/world/2011-09/09/c_122007589.htm

上个月刚刚访问中国的美国副总统拜登今日罕见地撰文反对“中国威胁论”。他认为,中国的崛起不代表美国的终结,一个成功的中国能够让美国更加繁荣,而不是相反。

8日发行的《纽约时报》全文刊登了拜登以第一人称书写的《中国的崛起并非我们的终结》一文。

拜登表示,自己第一次访问中国是在1979年,当时距离中美实现关系正常化只有几个月时间。中国那时刚开始实行经济改革,他是见证这一演变过程的首个美国参议院代表团的成员。

“通过上个月去中国访问,我能够发现32年间中国发生了多么大的改变。但是,不变的却是有关中国崛起的争论。”拜登说。

他指出,现在一些人担忧一个不断发展的中国对美国和世界将意味着什么。美国及该地区的一些人将中国的经济增长视为一种威胁,并持有那种“冷战式”对峙或大国对抗的论调。而一些中国人也担心,美国在亚太地区存在的目的是遏制中国的崛起。

“我反对这些观点”,拜登明确表示,“我仍然坚信,一个成功的中国能够使我们的国家更加繁荣。”

拜登说,双边贸易和投资已把中美两国联系在一起,双方的成功对彼此休戚相关。从全球安全到全球经济增长的种种问题上,中美面临着共同的挑战与责任,双方也有意愿共同合作。这也是为什么美国政府在一直努力稳固中美关系的基础。

对于中美贸易逆差问题,拜登也不以为然。他指出,一些美国人往往关注中国对美国的出口,但去年美国公司向中国出口了价值超过1000亿美元的商品和服务,支撑着美国国内数十万个就业岗位。他写道:“事实上,我们对中国的出口增长速度远远超过我们对世界其它地区的出口。”

拜登表示,中美两国既合作也竞争,他坚信美国能够而且将会从这场竞争中获得蓬勃发展。他提醒大家正确看待中国经济力量的增长,据国际货币基金组织的数字,美国国内生产总值近15万亿美元,这是中国的两倍以上;美国的人均国内生产总值超过4.7万美元,是中国的11倍。

对于外界炒作的中国持有美国国债的问题,拜登认为,实际上美国的债务在美国人自己手中。中国仅持有8%的美国国债。相比之下,美国人持有近70%。美国坚持承诺要履行其财政义务其实是为了美国人,同时也是为了那些海外持有者的利益,这就是为什么美国永远不会违背债务义务的原因。

“作为副总统,我已经走遍了全球50万英里的路程,每当我回国后,我都对我们的未来充满同样的信心,有些人可能会警告美国正在终结,但是我不是持有这种观点的人。”拜登最后写道:“让我向你们保证,根据我在中国的访问经历,中国人也不这么认为。”(中新社华盛顿9月8日电 记者 吴庆才)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-9-12 14:52 | 显示全部楼层
乌鸦嘴~~~~~~~~~~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-9-19 09:50 | 显示全部楼层
{:soso__17658752183963139627_2:}
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-9-26 17:32 | 显示全部楼层
好,支持
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-9-27 17:12 | 显示全部楼层
如果中国和美国政府换个地方的话,中国也会发展资本主义,美国也会发展中国特色社会主义
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 03:15 , Processed in 0.044747 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.