注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2265|回复: 6

ZT美国人比中国人为餐桌上的食物付出更大努力

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-26 11:31 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
翻译:Michael

Millions of Americans are currently weathering the effects of a slow economic recovery. Many Chinese, meanwhile, find themselves struggling less to keep their families fed, according to a recent Gallup report.

Nearly 20 percent of Americans say they've had trouble putting food on the table in the past 12 months, up from nine percent in 2008, the Gallup report found. That’s compared to six percent of Chinese respondents, down from 16 percent in 2008.

Though the U.S. economy is technically in a recovery, Americans' incomes have declined more since the recession's end than they did during the downturn. Nine in 10 Americans say they don't expect to get a raise that will be enough to compensate for the rising cost of food and fuel, according to an American Pulse survey.

At the same time, the Chinese middle class has been on the rise since the late 1990s. The middle-class explosion has been most prominent in the country's largest cities and government policies have helped to aid it along. Businesses are responding too: U.S. hotel companies are launching modestly-priced hotel chains in the country in hopes of attracting some of the scores of new middle class travelers, according to The Wall Street Journal.

And while the Chinese middle class is growing, the ranks of the U.S. poor are swelling. The nation's poverty rate jumped to 15.1 percent in 2010, the Cenus Bureau announced last month, as the total number of Americans in poverty grew to 46.2 million.

There's one area where Americans are struggling less: Eleven percent of Americans said they had trouble affording housing in the last 12 months, compared to 16 percent of Chinese, according to Gallup. Still, the share of Americans struggling to find housing is growing; in 2008, five percent of Americans said they struggled to pay for adequate housing.

And the American housing crisis may be getting worse. Half of American mortgage borrowers with good credit may end up owing more on their homes than they're worth, according to a report from Fitch Ratings. Meanwhile home values have fallen more during the current housing crisis than they did during the Great Depression, CNBC reports.

At the same time, Chinese cities are beginning to roll out policies that would bolster local housing markets in defiance of official Chinese policies that aim to curb housing prices, according to Marketwatch.

The Gallup poll's distinction between American and Chinese lifestyles comes after the Senate passed a bipartisan bill targeting what they call Chinese currency manipulation. U.S. critics claim that Chinese officials have undervalued their currency, giving the country a trade advantage and hurting U.S. job creation.

数百万美国人正在经历经济缓慢复苏的影响。与此同时,据最新的一项盖洛普报告,许多中国人发现供养家庭比以前轻松点了。

报告显示,近20%的美国人表示,他们过去12个月在养家糊口问题上已经遇到了麻烦,这个数字比2008年的9%要高。6%的中国受访者表示遇到这样的问题,这在2008年时还是16%。

虽然理论上美国经济是在复苏,但是美国人的收入自从经济衰退结束后比他们在经济低迷时期还要低。十分之九的美国人表示他们不期望获得足以应付食品和燃料成本上升的工资。

与此同时,自20世纪90年代后期以来,中国的中产阶级队伍一直在上升。中产阶级的爆炸式增长在大城市是最突出的,政府政策对其有深远影响。据“华尔街日报”,企业也积极应对:美国酒店公司正在建立一些中等价位的连锁酒店,希望能吸引更多的新的中产阶级旅客。

中国中产阶级数量在增长,美国贫困人口的规模却在扩大。人口调查局上个月宣布,因为美国贫困人口的数量增长至46200000,国家的贫困率在2010年已升至15.1%。

有一个领域,美国人不大费力。11%的美国人表示在过去的12个月他们无力购房,在中国却是16%。尽管如此,2008年,苦苦寻找住房的美国人所占比例不断增长。5%的美国人表示,他们为拥有足够空间的住房费力挣扎。

美国住房危机有愈演愈烈之势。根据惠誉国际评级报告,具有良好信用的半数美国抵押贷款和借款人,最终可能会欠比他们自己房子价值更大的债务。与此同时,在目前的住房危机中,房屋价值下降,降价幅度超过大萧条时期。

与此同时,中国城市开始推出政策,加强当地的房地产市场。这违背中国官方旨在遏制房价过快上涨的政策。

参议院通过一项旨在控告中国操纵货币的法案之后,盖洛普民意调查公布了美国和中国的生活方式之间的区别。美国的批评者声称,中国官员低估了本国货币,增加了该国的贸易优势却损害了美国的就业状况。

该贴已经同步到 小明啊的微博
发表于 2011-10-26 11:31 | 显示全部楼层
图片上不去
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-10-26 11:32 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 小明啊 于 2011-10-26 11:34 编辑

评论翻译

LynnW49

"And while the Chinese middle class is growing, the ranks of the U.S. poor are swelling."
And that is why American business dumped any allegiance to America a longtime ago. They do not need the American middle class to sustain their business. They can replace it with the middle class elsewhere.

“中国的中产阶级越来越多,美国贫困人口的规模却在膨胀。”

这就是很久以前美国商业效忠美国的原因。他们不需要美国中产阶级维持其业务。他们可以让其他地方的中产阶级取代(美国的中产阶级)。

General Washington

Yep, being poor in the United States is just so much better than being poor in an undevelope d country like....
Hmm. On second thought, scratch that.

没错,在美国当穷人比在发展中国家贫困要好得多....
嗯,进一步考虑后,从头开始。

Bob Metcalfe

Mine said India, but any economy that can't satisfy basic needs like food is in trouble, and the society associated with that economy is at huge risk of upheaval. Dare I say revolution ? Probably not in the US but something close.

印度不能满足如食品等基本需求,社会连同经济面临动荡的巨大风险。我敢说革命吗?也许不会发生在美国,但是已经很靠近了。

Henry Spencer

“When I am talking to GE managers, I talk China, China, China, China, China. [Five Chinas] You need to be there. You need to change the way people talk about it and how they get there. I am a nut on China. Outsourcin   g from China is going to grow to 5 billion. We are building a tech center in China. Every discussion today has to center on China. The cost basis is extremely attractive   . You can take an 18 cubic foot refrigerat   or, make it in China, land it in the United States, and land it for less than we can make an 18 cubic foot refrigerat   or ourselves.   ”

“当我与GE公司的经理交谈时,我不断地讲到中国,中国,中国,中国,中国(连续五中国)。你有必要去那里。你需要改变人们对她的看法。我对中国不是很了解。来自中国的业务外包将会增长到5亿美元。现在每一个讨论都以中国为中心。那儿的成本是非常有吸引力的。你可以把一个18立方英尺的冰箱在中国制造,在美国销售,这样比我们自己制造要省很多。

jaxroam

But really this is a story of http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/C omparative _advantage The US may initially become rich on mass production , but this is one field where China has the advantage. They have more mass so to speak, and good supporting infrastruc ture. Other countries like Bangladesh or Indonesia may have cheaper labour, but would be hard-press ed to produce in similar quantities , as would the US.
This Jeffrey Immelt may have better idea of where the American and Chinese comparativ e advantages lie, or he may not (I don't know this guy), being a CEO of a multinatio nal doesn't necessaril y make you an expert on economy.

但这是一个真实故事:http://en. wikipedia. org/wiki/C omparative _advantage.美国最初可能因批量生产变得富有,但这也是中国有优势的领域之一。他们有更多的劳动力,良好的配套基础设施。孟加拉国和印尼等其他国家可能有更廉价的劳动力,但要生产相似数量的东西,就像美国那样,财政可能会紧张。

Jeffrey Immelt关于中国和美国的比较优势可能有更好的想法,或者可能不会(我不了解这家伙),作为一个跨国集团的首席执行官并不需要成为经济专家。

StopMakingSense2

The conservati ve's can rejoice in their success! Share cropping and indentured servitude are finally within reach! Who needs Peabodies wayback machine with rubepublic ans around? Now to get to work on repealing the 13th amendment and getting things back to only white male land holders being able to vote then conservati ve nirvana will be achieved!

保守派对他们的成功感到高兴!分享粮食和解除奴役终于指日可待!现在去废除第13条修正案,并让事情回到拥有投票权的男性白人中的土地持有人手中,保守党的必杀技就会成功。

Whats Inaname

Yet one more thing the Chinese do better. According to the Rep/TPer Party we can't even compete with them on solar energy They are also "happier" than we are.
http://www .huffingto npost.com/ 2011/10/12 /oecd-life -happiness -report_n_ 1007484.ht ml

然而,另一件事情中国做的更好。我们甚至不能在太阳能方面与之竞争。

他们比我们还“快乐”。
http://www .huffingto npost.com/ 2011/10/12 /oecd-life -happiness -report_n_ 1007484.ht ml

DFL

Thank republican for-profit health insurance, and now I got a relative moved in with me, can't afford any rent payments, and if not for my place he would be living in the car and eating out of dumpsters.

谢谢共和党提供以营利为目的的医疗保险。相对来说,我内心有点被感动,现在我不能承受任何租金,如果没有我的地方,他(可能指共和党人)将住在车上,吃垃圾箱

loki

in the 80s china privatized its healthcare . In the last 10 years they have been moving it back to universal at an amazing rate. The average person pays $7 a year for medical insurance. Sure, its not the worlds greatest, doesnt have all the bells and whistles like a billionair e CEO or congress person is entitled too, but they have something. That goes a long way in helping to put food on the table too, not having looming health bills to deal with like we do.

中国在上世纪80年代将医疗私有化。过去10年来,他们一直以惊人的速度在普及,每人每年为医疗保险平均支付7美元。当然,它不是世界上最好的,不像一个亿万 CEO或拥有实权的国会议员那样。但是他们有别的(成就),他们在帮助国民解决温饱问题的道路上付出了很大的努力,不像我们要应对一个若即若离的健康法案。

knewsreply

I don't know if I can believe this poll, because it’s not easy to take a poll like this in China. I’ve visited many parts of China numerous times. I’ve seen very poor and extremely expensive areas. It’s a fascinatin g country to visit and I have many Chinese friends. Most my friends live in gated communitie s or the expensive areas of China.

我不知道我是否可以相信本次调查,因为在中国举行这样一个民意调查不容​​易。我多次访问过中国的许多地方:我既看到了非常贫穷又看到了极其富有的地方。这是一个值得访问的美好国家,我有很多中国朋友,大多数住在森严的社区或中国富裕的地区。

echome

When the Republican s say America is the greatest best place in the world could they do that if they actually had a brain or would/coul d listen to the truth? It is easy to say a thing... what takes real courage is to live it!

当共和党说,美国是世界上最大最好的地方。如果他们真的有头脑或者敢于听真话的话,他们会这么讲吗?这事情说起来容易... ...真正需要勇气的是将其实现!

loki

I would say most Americans dont know how to do anything besides surf the Internet, use computers , and watch tv. There are not many who can actually do things anymore. I grew up in a farm community and as a kid I learned to do a little bit of everything . From carpentry to welding, plumbing , electric, art, music, gardening, rebuild engines, do autobody work, and many more things. And I'm not afraid to jump in and learn new things, like right now I'm learning tuck pointing to fix my own home. Very seldom do I need to call someone to do things for me. I know many people who cant even change their own oil in their car, and even more who wont even mow their own lawns. Fix your microwave, Fridge or Washing machine ? why, just buy a new one. Even when most times its super cheap and easy to fix them yourself. But people just cant be bothered with it. We'd rather play video games, surf the net, jog, drink, whatever.
    我认为,大多数美国人除了上网、玩电脑、看电视之外不会做其他的事情,再也没有多少真正会做事情的人了。我从小在农场长大,作为一个孩子,我学会了一切,包括木工,焊接,水暖,电,艺术,音乐,园艺,开车等等很多事情。我不怕进入新的领域,学习新的东西,就像现在我正在学习布置自己的家。我很少需要请别人为我做事情。我知道很多人甚至不会给自己的汽车更换汽油,更有的人不会修剪自己的草坪。修好你的微波炉、冰箱或洗衣机?为什么要这样做,直接买一个新的得了,即使大多数情况下,修修是很便宜、很简单的。但是,人们不愿被这些困扰。我们宁愿玩电子游戏,网上冲浪,慢跑,喝饮料等等。

sammyscout

yes, but they are such flip-flopp ers, they follow Faux and are incapable of taking responsibi lity for their destructiv e viewpoints

定的,他们是如此轻易转变自己观点的人,他们模仿Faux,不能为自己毁灭性的观点担负责任。

den1953

If your a teapublica n you gotta love that Republican austerity, just to make sure the President is a one term President, even if it means going without food, and the food America gets goes unchecked to save the country money to give to those wealthy few that can watch the rest of America starve!

如果共和党退缩,即使意味着没有食物,这只是为了确保总统只有一个任期。美国为把国家节约的钱给那些腰缠万贯的人而不去检验食物,那么这些富人可以看着美国的穷人活活饿死!

pooka47401

During the last Great Depression , 2/3rds of Americans grew their own food. Those who lived in Cities still had extended families, on Farms, that they could move in with.Those who scream about Americans on food stamps forget that! I think that many Chinese are still growing their own food.

在过去的大萧条中,美国人的2/3自己种植食物。那些居住在城市的在农场里仍有大院子,他们可以搬进里面住。那些见了食品邮票上的美国人而尖叫的人忘记了这一点!我认为,许多中国人还在不断种植自己的食物。

LiamMc

"National difference s and antagonism s between people are daily more and more vanishing, owing to the developmen t of the bourgeoisi e, to freedom and commerce, to world markets, to uniformity in the mode or production , and in the conditions of life corrospond ing thereto. " (Marx)

“由于资产阶级的发展、自由、商业、世界市场、生产方式的统一以及与之有关的生活条件的发展,国家差异和人类的对立在日常生活中逐渐消失。”(马克思)

tkhatch

If they do not have food-let them eat cake.If they do not have health insurance- let them die.What a nice place ,America!

如果没有食物给他们吃,没有医疗保险,就等于是让他们去死。美国是一个多么好的地方!

Snappingginger

I have never been hungry a day in my life and the thought of it scares me to death, I love the fact that China is getting stronger, I love it for their people, but I have a feeling they are sinking my boat to float their own, not neccessary , all boats can float with the proper policies.

在我的生活中,我从来没有饿过一天,一想到挨饿,我很害怕。我喜欢中国越来越强大,我为中国人民高兴,但我有一种感觉,他们的发展是以牺牲我们为代价的。没有关系,只要政策正确,每个国家都会进步

Marioam

This is what happens when you have 8 years of the Bush Admininsta rion and the Republican s in power in Washington . Big Corporatio ns, factory farms, Wall Street, and the list goes on. This mess we are in didnt just happen with the Obama Administra tion, this took some real Republican talent.
    这就是布什政府执政以及共和党在华盛顿掌权8年之后的结果。瞧瞧,大集团,机械农场,华尔街…..这个清单还会继续增加条目。我们所处的糟糕境遇不止发生在奥巴马执政时期,这要归功于共和党人

TruelyFedUp

This is so easy to fix. Our govenment need only release some of the 30% of our land that it holds in "trust" for us so we can build self sustaining eco villages for those who want to live in them. They should be free to anyone that wants to grow the food, share a community kitchen and dining hall and library, laundry, schools, clinics, etc and do the work to build and maintain them. We should have these as permanent bases throughout the country for whenever Americans have a situation like Katrina, or they find themselves jobless and homeless, or the government otherwise fails to care for those that cannot make it in an exploitive capitalist system.
Also, Congress should redirect funds that are being spent on illegal wars, "lost" funds like the Pentagon's 25% of its annual budget and other stupid spending like the $250 million or so that USAID's Land Tenure department spends every decade to help people in other countries manage their lands.
This solution would take the pressure off the need to create jobs, off of people that are hungry and homeless, off of taxpayers because ultimately these villages would all be self sustaining .

这很容易修复。我们政府只需要拿出我们土地的30%,在那里为想居住其中的人建立自我维持的生态村庄。这些应该是开放的,任何人都可以在里面种植食物,共享一个社区的厨房、食堂、图书馆、洗衣房、学校,诊所等,并且自己动手建立和维护村庄。无论何时,若出现“卡特里娜”般的的状况,或是美国人发现自己失业、无家可归,或者是对于那些无法在资本主义剥削系统中获得成功的人来说,这里都应该成为他们的生存基地。

此外,国会应该重新考虑那些被非法战争花费的资金。流失的资金达到五角大楼预算的25%,其他愚蠢的开支也高达两亿五千万美元。美国国际开发署每十年就花费大笔金钱帮助其他国家管理土地。
    这种村庄减轻就业压力,减少饥寒交迫流离失所的人群,减少纳税人,因为这些村子都是自给自足的

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-26 14:28 | 显示全部楼层
不管是哪国,普通老百姓活着都不容易
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-26 14:41 | 显示全部楼层
“这很容易修复。我们政府只需要拿出我们土地的30%,在那里为想居住其中的人建立自我维持的生态村庄。这些应该是开放的,任何人都可以在里面种植食物,共享一个社区的厨房、食堂、图书馆、洗衣房、学校,诊所等,并且自己动手建立和维护村庄。无论何时,若出现“卡特里娜”般的的状况,或是美国人发现自己失业、无家可归,或者是对于那些无法在资本主义剥削系统中获得成功的人来说,这里都应该成为他们的生存基地。

此外,国会应该重新考虑那些被非法战争花费的资金。流失的资金达到五角大楼预算的25%,其他愚蠢的开支也高达两亿五千万美元。美国国际开发署每十年就花费大笔金钱帮助其他国家管理土地。
    这种村庄减轻就业压力,减少饥寒交迫流离失所的人群,减少纳税人,因为这些村子都是自给自足的。”

呵呵~

“和平”与“爱”的天堂~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-27 12:49 | 显示全部楼层
美国网友们的素质比美国评论员的素质高太多了。根本不是一个档次的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-30 19:24 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-3-28 18:39 , Processed in 0.042399 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.