注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1673|回复: 2

【华尔街日报111028】不堪忍受家庭暴力,李阳妻子起诉离婚

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2011-10-28 14:34 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
【中文标题】不堪忍受家庭暴力,李阳妻子起诉离婚

【原文标题】After China Abuse Scandal, Celebrity Teacher’s American Wife Files for Divorce

【登载媒体】华尔街日报

【来源地址】http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2011/10/28/after-china-abuse-scandal-celebrity-teachers-american-wife-files-for-divorce/

【译    者】 WilliamRUC

【翻译方式】   人工

【声    明】 欢迎转载,请务必注明译者和出处 bbs.m4.cn。

【译    文】
OB-QH760_crt_li_G_20111027084002.jpg
The American wife of China’s most famous English teacher has filed for divorce after a months-long public battle between the two that ignited a rare public debate in the country around domestic violence.
Kim Lee, wife of “Crazy English” founder Li Yang, filed for divorce with the Beijing Chaoyang District Court, China’s state-run Xinhua news agency reported Thursday, citing the court.
Ms. Lee had posted a message earlier this week on her account on China’s Twitter-like Sina Weibo microblogging service announcing that she was headed to divorce court. “Happiness will find me. I will leave the past behind me. Today my life begins,” she wrote, attaching a picture of a pair rings laid on top of a “Memorandum of Reconciliation” apparently written by Mr. Li on Sept. 9 in which he vowed never again to use violence against his wife.
  长达数月的家庭暴力终于偃旗息鼓,在它引发了罕见的公共辩论后,中国最著名英语教师的美籍妻子起诉离婚。
  中国官方的新华社星期四引用法院的信息报道,疯狂英语创始人李阳的妻子李金在北京市朝阳区法院签署了离婚协议。
  李女士在本周的早些时候在新浪微博上宣布她将到法院提出离婚。“幸福终会到来,我要把过去遗忘。我的生活重新开始”,她写道。附在下面的图片是李阳在9月9日写下的“和解备忘录”,当时他发誓不再对妻子使用暴力了。“和解备忘录”上面摆着一对戒指。

crt_leedivorce_DV_20111027083101.jpg

The controversy over Mr. Li’s treatment of his wife exploded at the end of August when Ms. Lee posted a photo of her bruised and swollen forehead, writing in Chinese “I love losing face = I love hitting my wife’s face?” – an apparent reference to a message her husband had posted to his own Weibo account the same day in which he’d laid out the “Crazy English credo”: “I enjoy losing face! I enjoy making mistakes! I enjoy being laughed at. I love practicing English. The more mistakes you make, the more progress you will make!”
Over the next few days, Ms. Lee would go on to post additional photos of injuries she’d sustained, accusing Mr. Li of being violent with her in front of their children. In one post, she accused him of slamming her head into the floor.
Mr. Li publicly acknowledged hitting his wife roughly a week later, apologizing to her and the pair’s children while saying he had agreed to undergo counseling.
  李女士在八月底发布的照片引发了李阳家暴的争论,图片中她的额头积累瘀伤,并已肿胀。她用中文写道:我热爱丢脸=我热爱打我老婆的脸?——明显引自她丈夫同一天在“李阳疯狂英语”微博账号上发布的话:“我热爱丢脸!我享受犯错误!我喜欢被人笑话!我狂爱练英语!犯的错误越多,进步就越大!”
  之后的几天李女士不断上传她被打伤的照片,指责李阳在他们的孩子面前使用暴力。在一条微博中,她指责李阳把她的头扯到地上。
  一周以后,李阳公开承认了对妻子使用暴力的行为,向妻子和孩子们表示道歉,并表示已同意接受心理援助。

The revelation that Mr. Li – whose messianic persona and immensely successful English-teaching empire have earned him fame even outside China (he was the subject of a 6,000-word profile in the New Yorker in 2008) – launched a widespread debate about domestic violence on the Chinese Internet. Mr. Li helped fan the debate himself by saying in subsequent interviews he was surprised at the controversy. “Our problem involves character and cultural differences,” he told the China Daily on Sept. 13. “I hit her sometimes but I never thought she would make it public since it’s not Chinese tradition to expose family conflicts to outsiders.”
While a reluctance to air dirty household laundry in public is common the world over, women’s rights activists, sociologists and others concerned with protecting the rights of the abused in China have long lamented the effect the “keep it in the family” ethos has had in stifling discussion of domestic violence in the country.
That reticence also makes it difficult to judge the accuracy of domestic violence statistics. According to a report by the All-China Women’s Federation and the National Bureau of Statistics released earlier this month, nearly 25% of Chinese women have experienced domestic violence – roughly the same rate as in the U.S. according to the most recent available statistics from the U.S. Bureau of Justice (pdf).
  李阳在英语教育上的成功甚至名扬海外(他在2008年成为了《纽约客》一篇传记的主人公),因而家暴事件在中国的互联网上引发了广泛争辩。在随后的采访中,李阳对如此大的争论表示惊讶。“我们的问题包括性格与文化差异”,他在9月13日接受《中国日报》采访,“我有时打她,但我从没想过她会将之公布于众,毕竟中国的习惯是家丑不得外扬。”
  尽管家丑不得外扬一说在中国深具社会基础,长期以来,女权活动家、社会学家和其他关注保障妇女权益人士对此忧心忡忡,并认为这会遏制对家庭暴力的讨论。
  这种沉默同样会造成家庭暴力数据的难以统计。据全国妇联和国家统计局本月发布的报告显示,大约有25%的中国妇女经历了家庭暴力——大约和美国司法部发布的最新数据差不多。

Roughly 80 million Chinese households have been affected by domestic abuse, China Daily reported in September, citing the All-China Women’s Federation.
Further complicating the effort to address domestic violence, Chinese women’s rights advocates say, is the failure of legislators to approve a long-discussed law that would establish guidelines for the handling of domestic abuse cases and create a support system for domestic abuse victims.
Ms. Lee’s travails – and Mr. Li’s highly erratic handling of the controversy – may help speed up the passage of that law. Despite trumpeting traditional Chinese discretion, the language teacher has seemed all too eager to discuss the details of his family’s deterioration, most recently during a salty on-air show-down with reality show star Jin Xing during which he matter-of-factly described battering his wife’s head against the floor.
  《中国日报》引用全国妇联9月的数据称,大约有8000万中国妻子受家庭暴力困扰。
  中国妇女权益倡导者们认为,家庭暴力体现的深层后果不仅如此,还显示了立法者长期讨论制定控制家暴的相关法律、创建家暴受害者支持体系的努力已经失败。
  李女士的遭遇和李阳广受争议的处理办法可能会帮助上述法律加快通过。尽管鼓吹传统中国的自由裁量观,这位英语老师似乎过于乐意公开讨论他的家庭矛盾,在明星金星也出席的电视节目上,李阳详细描述了他如何把妻子的头扯向地板。

For her part, Ms. Lee has responded by documenting her struggles with Mr. Li on Weibo and in letters translated and posted online by an anti-domestic violence NGO. “Even if I could not remain safely at home, I have the option of returning to my own country. This is not a choice for Chinese women,” she wrote in one letter posted Oct. 16. “If I can help to change the very wrong concepts that domestic violence is ‘common, acceptable, should not be disclosed, the fault of the wife, part of Chinese culture’ then I feel both honored and obligated to do so.”
Ms. Lee has requested custody of the couple’s three daughters and 50-50 split of their joint property, Xinhua said.
  李女士则通过新浪微博记录了与李阳的抗争,并通过反家庭暴力的NGO组织发布翻译过的公开信。“即便我可以安全地呆在家里,我也希望能够回到美国。这不是一个中国妇女在做选择”,她在10月16日发布的信上说:“如果我能够对改变错误观念有所帮助,改变觉得家暴可以接受的看法,改变认为家暴总是妻子犯错的看法,改变家暴是不可变动的中国人文化的看法,我将感到非常荣幸并将致力于此。”
  新华社报道,李女士要求获得三个女儿的监护权,平分双方共同财产。

点评

感谢翻译,文章发布地址。http://article.m4.cn/fm/1131970.shtml  发表于 2011-10-28 15:17

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-10-28 15:04 | 显示全部楼层
Crazy English Teacher ,打老婆爽吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-10-28 18:16 | 显示全部楼层
悲剧啊悲剧啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-4 11:16 , Processed in 0.050413 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.