QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1452|回复: 11

【每日电讯报111031】【附评论】北京雾霾:中国会在西方的错误中吸取教训吗?

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-6 15:58 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 kamina_shin 于 2011-11-6 15:57 编辑

【中文标题】北京雾霾:中国会在西方的错误中吸取教训吗?   

【原文标题】Beijingsmog: will China learn from the West's mistakes?

【登载媒体】《每日电讯报》彼得福斯特博客

【来源地址】http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peterfoster/100114445/beijing-smog-will-china-learn-from-the-wests-mistakes/

【译    者】 kamina_shin

【翻译方式】人工

【声    明】欢迎转载,请务必注明译者和出处 bbs.m4.cn。
Peter Foster
Peter Foster moved to Beijing in March 2009. He was formerly theDaily Telegraph's South Asia Correspondent based New Delhi from 2004-2008. He is married withthree children.
彼得 福斯特
彼得福斯特2009年3月搬到北京。2004-2008他是新德里每日电讯南亚通讯员。现在他已婚并有3个孩子。

Beijing smog: will Chinalearn from the West's mistakes?

Living in China in 2011 often invites comparison with the living in aDickens novel – the railway booms and investment scamsof Dombey and Son, the factory grind and purplish rivers of Hard Times, the bureaucracy of Little Dorrit and the CircumlocutionOffice, and all those public melodramas and excitements which filled the pennyscandal sheets of that world,and fill the Weibo (Twitter) accounts in this.
This is not the view of a snide foreigner: only the other week I was listening to a senior Chineseofficial comparing China 2011 to “the era of DavidCopperfield” as she asked for the work-in-progressthat is the new Chinato be cut some slack on human rights, pollution and economic development.
All that said, on days likethis, when Beijing is shrouded in a truly Dickensian fog – this the view fromthe Telegraph office in Beijing at 3.30pm local time today – the undeniableexcitement of living in China as it undergoes its industrial revolution istempered by the misery of breathing air that makes the eyes sting and the headache. (For the second time in a row my soon-to-be 7-year-old’s Sunday footballleague was “smogged off” – the air so polluted that it was judged unsafe forkids to breathe – which is a concept I wouldn't even have understood at hisage.)
I don’t report this to plead for sympathy – I canleave, after all – but merely to try and explain the reality of living in aplace where, a significant proportion of the time, the air isn’t fit tobreathe.
China’s government does its best to put a brave face on theproblem by fudging the pollution data, but as the state-run Global Times newspaper acknowledges here, this only serves to irritate ordinary Chinese.
However well-trained Chinese are in double-think, youcan’t simply keep telling people that there are more “blue-sky days” when thepeople keep waking up morning after morning with mouths that feel like they’vesmoked a box of Monte Cristos.
As The Global Times's editorial points out, China has tobalance its economic needs with that of the social/health needs of the people.After all, Britain didn’tintroduce its first Clean Air Act until 1956, fouryears after the Great Smog of 1952 and it’ll be a good fewyears yet, it argues, before China can afford to clean up itsair. But equally Chinadoesn’t have to slavishly repeat the West’s mistakes by polluting first andcleaning up later.
The question is how you balance those economic andother needs, and whether you’re prepared to truly weigh the ‘hidden’ (but not very) long term economic cost of smog –everything from traffic delays to the healthcare costs of treating China’srocketing lung-disease rates – against short-term vested interests.
As someone who bicycles round Beijing every day, I can tell you that atpresent the government errs in favour of owners ofabsurdly and unconscionably large SUVs – the Audi Q7,the BMW X7, the Cadillac Escalade – and not the common man on two wheels staring down their fourexhaust pipes.
As one comment on the Global Times editorial acidlyobserved “the air quality is not a priority to the leaders (who can simply sendtheir families to Canada to lead a better life) and until it is, smog will begovernment-sanctioned fog, and the public will be dumb.”
And there's therub. Chinais not a democracy, but the government does respond to the people when pressed.Air quality will become a “priority to the leaders” only when the people demandit.

北京雾霾:中国会在西方的错误中吸取教训吗?   
2011年住在中国经常让人和狄更斯小说中的做对比——铁路激增和投资诈骗的《董贝父子》,工厂压榨和《艰难时世》的紫色的河,《小杜丽》中的官僚主义和兜圈子部,还有所有那些公开充斥丑闻的世界的剧情和兴奋,对比这个世界中充斥了微博(推特)。
这不仅是一个爱挖苦的外国人的观点:就在几星期前我正听一位高级中国官员将中国的2011比作“大卫科波菲尔的时代”,因为她请求改善关于新中国减少对人权,污染和经济发展的懈怠。
都说,在这样的日子,当北京被笼罩在一个真实的狄更斯的雾中时——这是今天当地时间下午3:30北京电讯社的观点——住在中国不可否认的令人兴奋的事,尽管她经历了自身的工业革命,却被呼吸空气的痛苦,眼睛的刺痛和头痛所缓和。(连续第二次我快到7岁的孩子周日的足球比赛“因雾取消”——空气过于污染以至于认为对孩子呼吸有害——真是一个我在他那年纪可能还不能理解的概念。)
我不是为了恳求同情才报道这个——毕竟我可以走嘛——而仅仅是为了尝试并解释住在一个绝大部分时间,空气都不适合呼吸的地方的现实。
中国政府尽其所能,篡改污染数据来勇敢的面对问题,但正如官方的环球时报在这承认,这只会恼怒普通的中国人。
然而训练良好的中国人有两面的思考,你不能简单的一直告诉人们会有更多的“良好天气”,在人们日复一日早晨醒来,发现嘴里像抽了一盒蒙特克里斯托(雪茄名)的时候。
正如环球时报编辑指出,中国不得不以人民的社会/健康的需求平衡的她的经济需求。毕竟英国直到1956才引进它的首个空气洁净法令,是1952年的大雾4年后。这表明到中国可以净化空气还有很多年。但同样中国不必盲目的效仿西方先污染后治理的错误。
问题是你如何平衡那些经济和其他的需求,并且是否你准备好真正的衡量“潜在的”(但不非常)长时间的雾霾的经济损失——任何从交通延误到对于中国激增的肺科疾病率的卫生保健花费——相对于短期的既定利益。
作为一个每天绕北京骑车的人,我可以告诉你,现在政府错误的支持荒唐的、不合理的大型越野车的拥有者——奥迪Q7,宝马X7,凯迪拉克凯雷德——而不是那些骑在两个轮子上不敢直视那些四个排气管的普通人。
正如对于环球时报编辑尖酸的评论,“空气质量不是领导人的重点(那些能轻松把他们家人送到加拿大过更好的生活)并且直到这成为重点前,灰霾将是政府认可的大雾,而公众将失声。”
所以存在摩擦。中国不是一个民主制国家,但政府会在人民施压时做出回应。空气质量问题只有在人们需要它时才会对“领导们来说重要”。

31 comments
absalom
Yesterday 01:27 PM
Kashgar is a long wayfrom Beijingbut the cars and scooters and small trucks are all battery operated. I thinkfuel exhaust emission is illegal for local journeys.
oRecommended by 0 person

喀什葛尔离北京很远,但汽车啊摩托车啊小卡车啊都是电动的。我觉得燃料尾气排放在当地旅途是非法的。                           

Wisedragon
11/02/2011 05:44 AM
I was having dinner witha friend some years ago who happened to be the Foreign Affairs Leader in mycity. He has travelled to at least 55 countries.We are supposed to be thecleanest city in all Chinaand that day it was dusty. He was adamant the dust was because of the 600roadsweepers with their willow brooms ! I knew it was because of a dust stormfrom the Gobi some 2500kms away; we get themevery few years or so. I asked him how come my apartment on the 26th floor wassuddenly coated in a fine film of something sand-coloured, where they brushingin a super frenzy that day? He simply smiled in a mildly, patronising wayand knew he was right. I smiled inwardly knowing he was bonkers.
我早些年和一个朋友吃饭,恰巧他是我们市的外来事务领导。他去过至少55个国家。我们那应该是全中国最干净的城市而那天尘土飞扬。他坚定认为尘土是因为600个清洁工的柳条扫帚!我知道这是因为2500公里外的戈壁沙尘暴;我们每隔几年就碰到。我问他我26楼公寓的地上是怎么样突然披上一层薄薄的红黄色的东西,难道清洁工们那天发疯扫大街了吗?他仅仅委婉的笑了笑,希望我接灵子认为他还是对的。我腹黑的笑了笑发现这人实在是个脑残。

Jenny N. Crumbsey
Yesterday 07:57 AM
A quick clarificationconcerning the quoted excerpt of the acid observation comment on the GlobalTimes editorial :) The original commentwas alluding to exactly that rub: that the citizens are kept "dumb"by the simple means of appeasement rhetoric ("It is fog, not smog, youcommon people just can't tell the difference") although they do very wellhave the ability to make the distinction: yes, the region is naturally prone tofog, but fog does not burn your eyes and make you cough.

As long as it's just "the big fog", there will be no reason foranyone to start demanding or pressing. And for most here in Beijing, it really is nothing more than a bigfog. I see (and experience!) it as smog, but a majority of my Chinese friendsdo not.
o                                                        Recommended by 0 person
一个快速的声明关于引用的尖酸评论环球时报社论摘要:)最初的评论并不是暗指摩擦:而是市民让简单的一种妥协的修辞手法被“失声”(“那是雾,不是霾,你们普通人就是分不清。”)尽管市民分辨两者区别无压力:是的,那地方自然多雾,但雾不会刺激你的眼睛还让你咳嗽。
只有那是“大雾”,否则任何人没理由要求什么或施压。而且最重要的在北京这里,那就是大雾。我看到(并且经历了)那是霾,但我大多数中国朋友都不这么认为。

bunny_cyanide
10/31/2011 10:33 PM
it's a lot better in Beijing than it used tobe. you should try asking people about the pollution they used to get in Beijing in the 90s. youknow, every day folks who don't work in the Kerry Centre.
o                                                        Recommended by 0 person

北京现在比以前好多了。楼主该问问90年代的北京人。你知道的,每天不在嘉里中心工作的人。      

buggerlugs
10/31/2011 10:01 PM
You have to give it toPeter Foster - truly, a man ahead of his time. I have no idea about the smog in Beijing,but I do know that the BMW X7 he refers to will not be available until 2013 http://bestautocar.info/car/th...A blip. A typo, surely. But then, the Audi Q7 doesn't have the 4 exhaust pipeshe refers to either - http://www.carautoportal.com/c...

These are piffling details, but indicative of a guy who paints with a broadbrush and is not especially worried about getting his underlying facts right.This is not the view of a snide foreigner - it is drivel from a third-ratejournalist with nothing better to write about.
o                                                        Recommended by 19 people
你应该告诉彼得福斯特——事实上一个男人之前这样说过。我对北京的雾霾没建议,但我知道他提到的宝马X7直到2013年才有http://bestautocar.info/car/the-largest-suv-bmw-x7/想必是打错了。但是,他提到的奥迪Q7也不是四排气管的——http://www.carautoportal.com/car-images/audi/audi-q7/audi-q7-2008.jpg
这些只是琐碎的细节,但反映出某人拿大刷子乱涂却不担心他基本的论据是否正确。这不是一个讽刺的外国人的观点——而是一个没东西写的三流记者的胡话。

FirstAdvisor
10/31/2011 06:57 PM
At last report, over 100universities and institutes in Chinawere strongly engaged in research and development of advanced filter technologyfor both air and water pollution control. Filtering simply removes pollutantsfrom air and water pipes out of an industrial building. In most cases, thecollected molecules have a resale value, sometimes quite high, to function as arecovery cost for the installation and maintenance of the equipment. Commentingon pollution in Chinawithout mentioning the ongoing mammoth surge in advanced filtration technologyR&D is simply writing half of a story, a slightlybiased endeavor.
o                                                        Recommended by 9 people

在最近篇报道中,超过100所中国大学和机构正全力投入研究和发展空气和水质污染控制的过滤技术。过滤技术简单的将工业排出气体和水中的污染物去除。大多数情况下收集的物质有再利用价值,有时还很高,可以用来补贴设备本金和维护成本。评论中国的污染却不提及如火如荼大规模进行的先进过滤技术的研究与开发,就像故事只开了个头,这略有点片面。

Bob Landy
10/31/2011 04:54 PM
Beijing smog: will Chinalearn from the West's mistakes?

Probably they already have, but they just don't give a fig as monetary gainis far more important.

北京雾霾:中国会在西方的错误中吸取教训吗?   
很可能他们已经吸取了教训,但他们没有像对金融利益一样在乎。

ChineseInUKBackinChina
10/31/2011 03:12 PM
Why compare with Dickens,not something more relevant, such as Mumbai or New Delhi?
o                                                        Recommended by 5 people

为什么和狄更斯比,没有更贴切的了吗?比如孟买和新德里?
mikeygow
10/31/2011 02:44 PM
Suzhou is much cleaner than Beijing.But traffic is a major, major problem. When are we going to get a one-carpolicy? Or have pedestrianized city centres?

Still, have to take issue. It wasn't that long ago that pollution in the UK was such anissue. And it wasn't democracy that got rid of it. It was outsourcing. Theoutsourcing of high-polluting manufacturing and heavy industry from the west toChina.

The chinese, in this sense, aren't victims oftheir own government alone. We are complicit in the poisoning of an entirenation.

What we should recognize, however, is the need to work harder, together, toproduce alternative energy sources. China is already investing more inthis than any other country. It won't be long before a breakthrough is made,I'm betting on tidal power.

Then there's nuclear fusion currently being constructed somewhere in France. That isvery efficient and very safe and could be the answer we've been looking for.
o                                                        Recommended by 9 people

苏州比北京干净。但交通是一个更主要的主要问题。我们何时有一车政策?或者市中心变步行街?
更不同意的是。英国污染成那样不是很久以前的事。并且并不是因为民主了摆脱污染。是靠外包。外包高污染的制造业和重工业从西方到中国。
中国人在这种意义上,不仅仅是他们自己政府的受害者。我们是同病相怜受整个国家的毒害。
然而我们应该认识到更加努力工作的必要性,同时生产多元的能源产业。中国已经比其他任何国家投入了更多在这上面。取得突破不会很远,我打赌在潮汐能上。
然后核能在法国兴建。效率高,又安全,这可能是我们寻找的答案。
rr2
10/31/2011 02:34 PM
I live near the coast inEastern China, and I would say that the smog here in summer is much better thanseveral years ago, Much to do with polluting Factories moving inland, howeverfrom Nov to March when the winds come out of the interior, we get the Wuhansmog, When sore eyes and and irritation of the throat is a major problem.

There is a saying (有利有弊)"you li you bi", meaning there positives and negatives to everythingincluding industrial development. The situation is compounded in China due tothe largely stagnant air and little percipitationin the late October to March period. Not sure there are any easy solutions, butI suggest better enforcement of routine replacing of the SO2 and particulatescrubbers on the Coal Power Stations.
o                                                        Recommended by 6 people

我住在华东沿海,我觉得夏天这的雾霾比几年前好多了。将污染的工厂搬到内陆还需努力,但从11月到3月当风从内陆刮来,武汉就雾霾天了,眼疼和咽喉不适是主要问题。
有句话叫有利有弊,意指任何事物包括工业发展有利也有弊。中国的情况是复合的,归因于10月底到3月大量停滞的空气和少量的降水。我不确定是否有简单地解决方法,但我建议更好的强制更换火力发电站的SO2和粉尘过滤器。

itzman
10/31/2011 02:27 PM
Chinais building nuclear power stations at a prodigious rate. It will get there.

It does have to balance air quality versus actual economic survival. Cut them alittle slack..
o                                                        Recommended by 6 people

中国正以惊人的速度建造核电站。
必须平衡空气质量对实际的经济残余。将他们稍稍放缓。

dr_melaena_peristalsis
10/31/2011 01:44 PM
History show us veryclearly that her lessons are always forgotten.
o                                                        Recommended by 2 people

历史清楚地告诉我们她容易被人忘记。
ZhongGuoTomg
10/31/2011 01:15 PM
I usually dislike thenegativity of Peter Foster's reporting - and protest from time to time. But interms of the daily reality in much of China,what he writes in this report is frighteningly accurate - and the problems arenot just in Beijing.

The only problem is that everyone thinks that 'Beijing' can solve the problem. But, asanyone who has been here long enough knows, Beijing has little control over anythingmuch. Political slogans, yes. They do those well - but as for these rest, well,don't hold your breath.

Pollution is a way of thinking, it seems - and a 'fresh, clean air'concept is very much in the eyes and nose of the beholder. 'Filthyby western standards' days here are thought of by young Chinese as 'beautifuldays'. I live in a rural/near-city area and the worst pollution ofthe year comes not from anything that Beijinghas much control over. This pollution comes not at all from the march ofprogress. It's the farmers. Their pollution is just seen as a fact of life -for those who can survive the dreadful twice-yearly fortnights of the filthiestair that even Beijingmay produce. The farmers will burn their rape harvest stalks early in June(usually beginning on the night before the first day of the gaokao exams and inOctober or thereabouts after the rice harvest).

I complain, am exasperated, am breathless, etc. but everyone, suffering as muchas I do, simply shrugs their shoulders and says, 'You can't teach the farmersanything. They do what they like". A hefty fine might help of course butit's not levied. No one thinks of better uses of the farm refuse. They justburn it. It's what has always been done and that's sufficient reason for itsuntroubled continuance.

This might seem like a small thing to many outside China but the idea that youcan't stop the farmers, they do as they like is pretty much a description ofhow China is - everyone doing as they like, always borderingon chaos, with a Central government struggling usually quite ineffectuallyto exert control. And then outsiders pontificate on the China they think exists - but only in theirminds - monolithic Chinawith its despotic central government in control of every aspect of people'slives. They can't even put the brakes on the farmers'post-harvest fires from which we all suffer so much. To say nothing, of course, about what goes on on China'sroads. Let me at them and you'd have despotism indeed.
·        mikeygow
10/31/2011 02:48 PM
I took the train to shandong from Suzhoufor national holiday. On the way there and the way back, somewhere just northof Taishan (I think, either that or just to the south) farmers were burningcrops.

Visibility was zero for about 30 mins. On a train travelling around 300km/h.And they were doing this (I'm assuming) for the whole week I was in Shandong.
o                               Recommended by 3 people

我通常不喜欢彼得福斯特文章的消极性——不停的抗议。但就大体中国的现实来看,他写的是相当准确的——问题不只在北京。
唯一的问题是每个人都觉得“北京”能解决问题。但,正如每个常住北京的人知道,北京不管事。政治口号,是的。那做得挺好——但其他的,好的,别屏住呼吸。
污染像是一种思考方式——“清新的空气”在旁观者的眼与耳中很重要。“西方标准天气的污染”在年轻中国人看来是“美好的一天。”我住在城郊每年最严重的污染不是来自北京治理的东西。这污染完全不是来自社会发展。而来自农民。他们的污染就像生活的真相——对于那些可以活在每半年有两周的北京污染的空气里的人。农民们会在6月初烧稻杆(经常在高考前夜和十月或者水稻收获的左右)。
我抱怨,愤怒,窒息了等等。但大家和我一样,耸肩无奈“农民教不了,我行我素。”高额罚金也许有用但现在没有。没人知道农场垃圾怎么利用。他们就会烧。总是这样,他们倒不担心。
这对中国以外国家来说也许是小事,但你阻止不了农民们,他们我行我素就像中国的缩影——每个人都这样,近乎混乱,中央政府想加强控制却徒劳无获。而且外国的教皇在中国只存在于他们脑子里。整个中国和他专横的中央政府控制着人们生活的方方面面。他们甚至不能阻止令我们受害的农民收获后的大火。不用说,当然,中国的马路上会有什么,让我来@他们你就知道什么是专制了。
    ·我国庆乘火车从苏州到山东。一路上来来回回在泰山北面(我想,不是北就是南)农民们在烧庄稼
   在时速300公里的火车上看了半小时。(我猜)我在山东的一周里他们都在这么做。

MrBishi
10/31/2011 12:50 PM

James Delingpole has justemailed me and asked me to tell you to pull yourself together.

He says that, that's not smog, or pollution, it's an opticalillusion caused by high gamma ray emissions from the sun.
o                                                        Recommended by 2 people

blueprint
10/31/2011 07:42 PM
Haha, the funniest thing is though that it wouldn't surprise me atall if he had.
o                               Recommended by 0 person

mikeygow
10/31/2011 02:50 PM
Dellingpole is a tw*t. An ignorant one at that.
o                               Recommended by 0 person

James Delingpole刚给我发邮件叫我让你振作起来。
他说那不是雾霾或者污染,是太阳发出的高伽马射线导致的光学幻像。
    ·哈哈,最有意思的是如果他真这么说我也不奇怪。
    ·Delingpole是个白痴。无知的家伙。

10/31/2011 12:28 PM
The actual cost ofproviding emissions control on fossil fuelled plants is relatively small whenincluded within the original design and not later retro-fitted.

Leaving aside the increasing CO2 emissions consequences - which dwarf and rendertotally ineffective any planned/imposed UK CO2 emissions' savings, simplyproviding pollution control kits in all new Fossil Fuel Power Plants over thelast 10 years to comply with just the UK 1950's Clean Air Act provisions wouldhave cost relatively nothing compared to current China investment levels, butwould have massively reduced, if not completely removed, any smog problems.

The West has been conned by these developing countries during all the past"Climate Change/IPPC "negotiations". Onlynow are the western "experts" realising that China's CO2 emissionsper head of population will equal the UK's next year - many years earlier thanpreviously forecast by these so called "experts" and with no sign ofany rate of increase reduction, let alone any reductions in the future. Theyare massively increasing, and not reducing, CO2 levels each year - more than wegenerate in total let alone are attempting to save.

These CO2 and pollutant emissions problems with increasing capacities of fossilfuelledpower generation being built in China, and India and other developingcountries makes a complete mockery of us spending billions on Wind Farms andeven Nuclear Power, particularly when we now have abundent andpotentially much cheaper UK shale gas!

What price will the Chinese pay for a UK essential export - a suitably packaged Huhne and other Green fanatics. Theycould be more effective in reducing global CO2 emissions working in China and Indiathan they ever could in the UK,given "co-operation"!
当使用最初设计而不是之后的改进时,实际的花费在化石燃料电厂上提供排放物控制相对较少。
放任CO2排放增长的结果——矮化,完整的呈现了任何计划的/推行的英国CO2排放的节省不给力,在过去十年简单的提供化石燃料电厂污染控制套件,来服从英国1950年代的空气洁净法令,花费相对少就如同现在中国的投资水平,但可以大大解决雾霾问题,如果不彻底放弃这个办法。
在所有过去“气候变化/国际植物保护公约协议中”,西方被这些发展中国家欺骗了。只有现在西方“专家”意识到中国的CO2排放人均等于英国明年的量——但这些所谓的“专家”比先前的预报早很多年,知道发展中国家没有降低减排的迹象,更不用说以后的减排。它们大量增加,没有减少,CO2等级每年——超过我们总共生成的,更不用说尝试节省了。
这些CO2和污染物排放问题伴随化石燃料发电能力增长的一代在中国建造,印度和其他发展中国家完全取笑我们花费几十亿在风力田和核能,特别当我们发现有充足和潜在便宜得多的英国天然气层。
中国人会对英国潜在的出口付多少钱呢——一个合理包装的Chris Huhne和其他绿色团体。他们可能在中国和印度减少全球CO2排放更有效,超过在英国,给予“合作”!

rogerhicks
10/31/2011 11:13 AM
" . . will Chinalearn from the West's mistakes?"

Whyshould it, when the West still hasn't learned from them itself . . .?!
o                                                        Recommended by 11 people

mikeygow
10/31/2011 02:50 PM
HEar, hear.
o                               Recommended by 1 person

“中国吸取西方的教训?”
需要吗,西方何时吸取自身教训?!
    ·了解了解

HugoandFreddie
10/31/2011 11:13 AM

All very Los Angles circa 1985, quite easy to deal with itjust follow the state of California's emission regs.
Simples!
o                                                        Recommended by 3 people

洛杉矶大约1985年,很好的处理了问题,仅依照了加利福尼亚的排放规定。简单!
10/31/2011 11:11 AM
You do realise that China has apopulation of over a thousand million people...
o                                                        Recommended by 4 people

HugoandFreddie
10/31/2011 11:25 AM

Errr yes!
o                               Recommended by 1 person

rogerhicks
10/31/2011 11:18 AM
Andall expecting (and encouraged by a growth-dependenteconomy) to own their own car (or two) and to become frequent fliers . . .

It's complete madness, but because it's so "normal" - it's what the"successful" West has done - and good (or rather, essential) forbusiness, we are blinded to it, as if under some form of collectivepost-hypnotic suggestion.
o                               Recommended by 9 people

HugoandFreddie
10/31/2011 11:28 AM
Yep,so when you put India and China's population together you get close to 3billion people who want what you have mate, and don't forget that China isstill  ing a new coal burning powerstation a week and it is still miles behind on satisfying energy demand.

Oh BTW Beijing and Shanghai experience fewer power outages thandoes Washington and NYC. Chinaalso has better train networks, mobile phone coverage and broadband access thanthe US.
o      Recommended by 4 people

multifinlayson
10/31/2011 02:04 PM
Butnot such good access to Facebook or Twitter I hear. Much better Firewallsthough.
o      Recommended by 0 person

mikeygow
10/31/2011 02:53 PM
Facebookand Twitter. How do people live without it?

Easy. They use Renren/Kaixing and Sina Weibo.
HugoandFreddie
10/31/2011 02:10 PM
Arghhh,the Chinese are much clever than that Sir! Instead of providing good access toFacebook they have provided their citizens with Weibo!

dickgreendoxon
10/31/2011 12:16 PM
..............plusa few million pollution-related deaths per annum.
itzman
10/31/2011 02:27 PM
Plentymore where those came from as they say.
你该知道中国人口超过10亿吗
    ·额,是的
    ·所有期待(并由依赖经济增长的鼓励)拥有自己的车(或两辆)并经常开。。。
    这的确疯狂,但因为太“普通”——这是西方取得的“成功”——对商业来说有益(或者更准确的说,必要)。我们却没有看到,就像集体催眠后的情况。
    ·是,当你把印度和中国的人口放一起,就有30亿人,别忘了中国每周还在批准新的火力发电,并且离满足能源需求还差得远。
    顺便说一句北京和上海经历的断电比华盛顿和纽约少。中国比美国也有更好的火车网络,通讯覆盖和宽带。
   · 但连不到脸谱和推特我听说。尽管有更好的防火墙。
    ·脸谱和推特,人怎么能没有它们?
    简单,他们用人人/开心 和微博。
   · 啊,中国人比那些大佬聪明啊!提供他们微博来取代脸谱!
    ·每年增加几百万与污染相关的死亡。
    ·正如他们说的,那些源头死的更多。

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-11-6 16:35 | 显示全部楼层
连续这么多天的雾霾确实挺讨厌的,让人心情极度压抑。不过好在我还没有出现刺眼、喉咙痛的症状。只是得了场重感冒,不过现在已经没事了。真奇怪这个英国记者到底住在哪里?如果他当真感觉刺眼、喉咙痛,建议他也应该吃点感冒药。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-6 22:07 | 显示全部楼层
这个专栏作家还写过什么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-6 22:19 | 显示全部楼层
似曾相识的文字。还有一个在中国住了4年还是5年的西方记者说:中国人过春节狂放鞭炮是为了发泄平日被压抑的痛苦,比如言论的极度不自由等。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 09:34 | 显示全部楼层
好像翻译的不咋样。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2011-11-7 12:41 | 显示全部楼层
老妖去爬山 发表于 2011-11-7 09:34
好像翻译的不咋样。。。

= =|||评论翻得偶要爆肝了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 12:48 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,还拿环境问题跟中国说事啊~

可以自问一下,为什么即使在中国资金充裕的现今,在改善环境的问题上还是举步维艰?其实答案非常简单,因为环保事业与中国的工业化进程是相矛盾的~

就拿电厂举例子,中国百姓的日常生活所需有那么大的用电需求么?答案很简单:根本就用不上,我家十年前和现在的用电需求基本没有发生太大变化(除了新增了一个电磁炉以外,其他的电气设备还是那些东西)
这些新建电厂的产能绝大部分是为了满足那些新曾的制造业企业的用电需求的~
而那些新增的制造业是同中国就业率挂钩的,新增的制造业越多,所产生的就业岗位数量越多。如果盲目的限制了电厂建设,很可能就会造成新一轮电荒,而随之而来的肯定就是经济发展的停滞、失业率的提升~

但中国还有另一条路走,那就是在制造业生产过程中通过技术的提高,来实现生产过程的低污染和低损耗~但这些高新的环保技术全都卡在欧美发达国家手中,想使用必须花大把的银子来买~西方的发达国家在这方面做了非常不好的典范:他们在装作一群伪环保者的身份反复教导中国该如何如何注意环保问题,其最终目的就是希望中国花高价购买他们的环保技术~
要知道当初是那些跨国企业贪图中国的低劳动成本纷纷将工厂转移至中国,以破坏中国的环境和消耗中国的资源为前提为西方乃至世界生产其所需的产品,最后中国在这个产业链之中只赚了整个利润的零头还不到,等到最后他们不但逃避其应该承担的环保责任反而将脏水全部泼到中国身上~
如果西方有诚意进行环保合作的话首先就应该向中国开放相关技术,中国可以出钱买但绝对不可以做冤大头~更不会以损害自身经济发展为前提来搞环保事业,这么高尚的事让高尚的西方人自己去做吧~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 15:37 | 显示全部楼层
猫咪森林 发表于 2011-11-6 22:19
似曾相识的文字。还有一个在中国住了4年还是5年的西方记者说:中国人过春节狂放鞭炮是为了发泄平日被压抑的 ...

“早晨起床像抽包雪茄一样。” 北京环保局辟谣了,但是究竟该信谁的数据?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 15:38 | 显示全部楼层
lyycc 发表于 2011-11-7 12:48
呵呵,还拿环境问题跟中国说事啊~

可以自问一下,为什么即使在中国资金充裕的现今,在改善环境的问题上还 ...

但是问题确实摆在这,再往下拖也不是那个事。究竟该相信谁的数据?我们的健康还有多少保障?资本主义的老路还要一直走下去吗?要从中吸取经验
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 15:49 | 显示全部楼层
李小龙的双截棍 发表于 2011-11-7 15:38
但是问题确实摆在这,再往下拖也不是那个事。究竟该相信谁的数据?我们的健康还有多少保障?资本主义的老 ...

说得难听点,这就是工业化必须付出的代价。谁都得过这一遭。  现在是到了要节制要整治的时候了。饭要一口一口吃,事要一步一步办。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 16:01 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 lyycc 于 2011-11-7 16:04 编辑
李小龙的双截棍 发表于 2011-11-7 15:38
但是问题确实摆在这,再往下拖也不是那个事。究竟该相信谁的数据?我们的健康还有多少保障?资本主义的老 ...

恩~

但中国政府针对环境问题采取无限拖的政策么?

中国在环境保护上并不是什么都没做,我所居住的是北方城市,以前冬季都是小锅炉供暖(就是每个住宅区都要有独立的锅炉房在冬季进行供暖)这种供暖方式既浪费又污染环境,自08年开始这些小型锅炉房都被集中供热(由城市四周的火力发电厂供应循环热水取暖)取代,一方面节约煤炭的使用,更减少了碳排放。
    这就是中国在改善环境上所做的措施之一,只不过他们就是不愿意看到~他们所看到的只是中国以每天一座火力发电厂的速度兴建电厂而看不到正是因为兴建了这些火电厂所以才能够拆除数以百计的小型锅炉房。最后渲染的好像中国天生就愿意污染环境似的。
        还有既然走了资本主义道路那么有些问题是没有捷径的,你只能趟过去,当初咱们的口号是直接跨到社会主义,但现实情况确是:如果没有一定的资本积累那么根本就无法谈什么建设社会主义,最后不还是要搞市场经济和私有化么~
       而环境问题与制造业之间的矛盾西方人就有好的解决方案么?他们当初的做法不还是将高污染的制造产业转移至国外进行生产?现在的中国能够这样效仿么?

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-11-7 16:20 | 显示全部楼层
好贴就是好贴

淘宝返利网 一个购物省钱的网站:http://www.taocheng588.com
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 19:35 , Processed in 0.091077 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On.