只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2419|回复: 1

在美国失业者中,几乎有1/3的人已经失业超过一年

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2011-11-11 17:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
译文简介:
根据一份重点研究就业危机是如何在各个方面,影响长期失业危机的分析报告中指出:几乎有1/3之一的美国失业者已经失业超过一年。
新闻正文

Almost one in three unemployed Americans has been out of work for over a year, according to a new analysis that underlines how the jobs crisis is in many ways a crisis of long-term unemployment.

根据一份重点研究就业危机是如何在各个方面,影响长期失业危机的分析报告中指出:几乎有1/3之一的美国失业者已经失业超过一年。

原创翻译:龙腾网 http://www.ltaaa.com 翻译:沙拉 转载请注明出处

Pew's Fiscal Analysis Initiative, which uses government data, found that 31.8 percent of the roughly 14 million people officially counted as unemployed have been jobless for more than twelve months. That's around 4.4 million -- nearly the population of Louisiana.

皮尤的财政分析计划,引用政府数据,发现有31.8%大约1400万的失业者已经失业超过20个月。大约有4.4百万人——几乎达到了整个美国路易斯安那州的人口数。

Since the Great Recession officially ended in June 2009, the problem has gotten worse. In the third quarter of that year, just 16 percent of the unemployed had been out of work a year or longer.

自从大萧条正式在2009年6月份结束以来,问题就更糟糕了。在今年第三季度,有16%的失业者已失业一年甚至更久。

In September, the average duration of joblessness was more than nine months, a 60-year high, according to the government's monthly jobs report. And 45 percent of the jobless are considered to be long-term unemployed--that is, they've been out of work six months or more.

根据政府月度就业报告指出:9月份以来,平均失业时间已经超过9个月,这是60年来最高的数据。而且有45%的失业者被认为是长期性失业——也就是说,他们已经失业6个月,甚至更长时间。

Being out of work for a long period has several negative effects, analysts say. As President Obama and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke have noted, workers' skills tend to atrophy as they lose touch with developments in their field. Older workers become increasingly likely to give up searching for work. With rates of long-term unemployment as high as they are now, the jobless threaten to become a semi-permanent class, exACerbating growing inequality.

分析专家指出:长期性失业有一些负面影响。正如奥巴马总统和联邦储备局主席本.伯南克已经意识到的:工人的技术水平会随着他们失业不能接触到本行业中的发展而逐渐萎缩退化。老工人们甚至更倾向于放弃继续找工作。随着长期失业率像现在这样升高,失业已经成为一种半永久式发展,将会导致发展不平衡

发表于 2011-11-11 17:38 | 显示全部楼层
网民评论:
John-john 5 hours ago
About the idea of "lazy unemployed people"... I am a mid career professional and a single father in my 40's with a Master's degree who was laid off last year when my company lost its funding. I became unemployed for the first time in my life. I was very ashamed to apply for unemployment. I had to get over it, though, because I am responsible for feeding my daughter and paying the rent. It's embarrassing, though. I've interviewed consistently and had about 8 final interviews in the last 12 months for different positions that all fell apart at the last minute. I had another final interview today (crossing my fingers that I get it). I've thought about returning to school, except that I don't know that this would help me find a job, and it would increase my debt. If you think there is any comfort in making what unemployment pays compared to the salary I used to get, you don't understand how little unemployment pays. The market is tough. The available jobs are very competitively sought after. And employers, recognizing the dilemma, have really lowered salaries. I'm being consistently offered almost 20k less to do more work than I did in my last job. Imagine for a minute going into your job, and having your boss call you into the office and say "we love your work. we want you to supervise 20 more people. And we need to cut your salary by 15k. And we've decided to stop paying for your health insurance". What would you do? That job that I interviewed for today... I was approached about it two weeks ago. It is an enormous amount of responsibility. In the negotiations, the employer said that they are not offering health insurance or benefits with the position. ??? No paid sick time. No vacation. But she knows how tough the market is, and she feels as if she can still be competitive and save the money she would have spent on benefits. And, she's right. In the end, I will snatch this job up if its offered to me, because I owe that to my little girl to not have her grow up in instability. But with my salary I will have to purchase private health insurance for her, and probably not for me. And I will hope that I don't get sick. So, that's what being unemployed feels like. I think that's more the reality of unemployment than what articles seem to show.

关于“懒惰的失业者”,我就是其中一员,我是一个有硕士学位的40多岁单亲父亲,去年因为我的公司失去了运转资金,我下岗了。这是我第一次失业。我觉得很羞耻,因此没有去申请失业。不管怎么样,我必须克服它,因为我们还有女儿要养,还有房租要付。很令人尴尬,但我还是继续不断的面试,在过去12个月我前前后后面试了8个不同岗位的工作,但都在最后一秒失败了。今天我还有另外一个面试(祈祷我可以获得这份工作)。我也曾经想过再回到学校深造,但这似乎对我于事无补,而且这也会增加我的债务。如果你乐意的话,就可以将我过去的工资和现在的失业救助相比,你就可以发现失业救助究竟有多寒酸。市场很艰难。有限的工作岗位的竞争力很大。雇主也意识到当前的困境,降低了薪资。我过去一贯要求的工作每月可以拿到2万,做的工作也很少。想象一下,当你开始工作的时候,你的老板就把你叫进办公室说,“我们很喜欢你的工作,我们需要你再监督20个人。而且我们要把你的薪资降低到1.5万。而且我们决定将不再付你的健康保险。”你会如何做呢?我今天要面试的这份工作……我是在两个礼拜前就申请的。这份工作需要承担很多责任。通过谈判,雇主指出,他们不承担健康保险和岗位分红??没有病假,没有假期。但她也知道现在市场的艰难情况,她似乎认为她自己还有竞争性,省下的钱她可以用来分红。但,她是正确的。最后,我决定如果他们如果要我的话,我会接受这份工作,因为我答应我的女儿不让她在不稳定的环境中成长。但我会用我的工资来为她购买健康保险,也许不是为我自己买。我希望自己以后不要生病。所以,这种感觉就好像是没有工作一样。我想这种感觉比文章写的更真实吧。

Edward Buchas  •  Miami, United States  •  5 hours ago
Try 8 years people. Being a senior does not get you a job. The employers lie to your face saying you are over qualified, but in truth, you are considered too old.

试试8年吧,人们。并不会因为你年资高就会有工作了。雇主在你面前撒谎,说你资历太高了,但事实是因为,他们认为你太老了。

WORM  •  South Bend, United States  •  5 hours ago
And I bet half of the 31 percent of us Americans that have been jobless for over a year have been out of work for at least two years.

我打赌,在我们31%的失业超过一年的美国人中,有一些人已经失业至少两年了。

Me 5 hours ago
I know so many people who've been unemployed long-term--1 year, 2 years, even 4 years, right when the crash started simmering. These people aren't lazy sponges, they're hard workers who lost jobs they'd had for 10+ years because of downsizing or budget constraints, any excuse an employer could come up with to let them go. They spent money they couldn't afford to spend training for new skills, updating skills they already had, getting educations in entirely different fields hoping to get back in the job force. These are people competing with thousands of other applicants for ONE job, people who are still told they're under-qualified, or most often--OVER-qualified.

我知道很多人已经失业很久——1年,2年,甚至是4年,当萧条刚刚开始的时候就失业了。这些失业者并不是懒惰的寄生虫,他们失去了他们已经工作10多年的工作是因为企业精简或预算限制,任何理由都可以用来被用作是他们离开的借口,不断在学习发展自己当前技术,学习完全没有接触过的行业,都是为了想重新回归到工作岗位。这些都是人们与成千上万个竞争对手竞争一个岗位的充电,但他们还是会被雇主告知,他们的能力不够,或者更多时候是说他们的资历太高。

kevin  •  Albuquerque, United States  •  5 hours ago
My dad has been out of work for 289 days so far. He looks every day, has passed out over 500 resumes, is on every site, has applied to all the temp agencies. He has had exactly 4 interviews in this time by employers and no temp agencies have been able to find him even a menial job. He is 63 years old and had over 20 years experience in purchasing. He can't even get a job as a greeter at Wal-Mart. The only thing that has saved his house is that he gets unemployment.

到目前为止,我父亲已经失业289天。似乎每天他都要往每个网站投入500封简历,向所有临时机构申请工作。这次他获得了雇主的4次面试,但临时机构甚至连一份卑微的工作都没办法找给他。他已经63岁,有20多年采购经验。他甚至连沃尔玛的接待员工作也找不到。他保住自己房子的唯一办法就是他获得了失业金。

wtfk 5 hours ago
THE SECOND GREAT DEPRESSION NEVER ENDED.
It's a fact. You won't read it from the AP, though.

第二次经济大萧条从来没有结束。这是事实,尽管这个事实你是没办法从美联社那边获得的。

Jerry  •  Birmingham, United States  •  4 hours ago
Not all people, but some have chosen unemployment comp instead of a low paying job or whatever they can get. It's easier to get a better job if you already have a job. Conversely, it's much harder to get hired if you don't have a job. Like it or not, it's the truth.

并非指所有的人,但有些人选择失业,而不要报酬很低的工作或其它他们可以获得的工作。如果你已经有一份工作了,想要找一份更好的工作就更容易了。相反,如果你没有工作,想要找到工作就更难了。不管你喜不喜欢,这就是事实。

David  •  Everett, United States  •  5 hours ago
This data still only counts people who are collecting UI. Once you drop off the UI rolls(I dropped 28 months ago), you are no longer counted in unemployment data. The actual unemployment number is twice the reported one.

这些数据仅仅包括有申请失业的人数。一旦你被挤出失业者这个大滚轮之后(我已经失业28个月),那就再也不能被算在失业数据中了。实际的失业数据是报道数据的两倍。

Hielo 4 hours ago
I don't know which is worse, the fact that the economy has fallen so far, or that so many people have been screwed by it. You can't get hired if you're too old, too young, if you're overqualified, or too inexperienced, if you have a master's or a GED. This is a pervasive problem that has affected millions and it looks like I-along with those millions-are permanently screwed. My life's ambition is not to own a mansion, have a new car every two years, wear designer clothes, eat steak and lobster for every meal, or vacation in the tropics. I just want to make enough money to survive, and that is becoming more impossible. God help us, and each other.

我不知道哪个会更糟糕,事实是到目前为止经济已经下降,很多人已经为了它勒紧腰带过日子。如果你太老,太年轻,资历太高,或者经验不够,如果你有硕士学位或者是一般教育水平都不能获得工作。这个普遍问题已经影响到了成千上万人,似乎已经长期影响到了人们勒紧腰带过日子的生活。我的生活目标并不是想要拥有豪宅,每两年换一辆新车,穿名牌衣服,每餐都吃牛排和龙虾,到热带地区度假。我只想赚够生存的钱,而这已经越来越不可能了。上帝帮忙我们和其它大家吧。

HAL-9000 4 hours ago
Took me 2.5 years and I went from $20/hr to $12/hr but at least it's a job.

算我2.5年吧,我从以前每小时20美金薪资到现在每小时12美金,但至少这是一份工作。

Marc P  •  San Francisco, United States  •  5 hours ago
I know it is tough. I have never applied for or taking Unemployment. In 2009 I was in the hospital for 23 days and then lost my contract job in San Jose. My hospital bill was originally $43k. I had no job, a mortgage, and whole slew of bills. My solution: go in to business. We all in same way must work our way of out this. For many, they will have to simply come to terms that they need to change their careers and be retrained. The best thing that ever happened to me was a hospital bill and losing a job with a worthless company.

我知道这很难。我从来没有申请或者拿过失业金。2009年我住院23天,后来就失去了我在圣何塞的合约工作。我的医院账单达4.3万。我没有工作,抵押,一堆账单。我的解决方案:开始做生意。我们的情况都一样,我们必须用自己的方法来走出困境。对很多人来说,他们所需要做的就是面对现实,他们需要改变自己的职业,重新再学习,再教育。曾经发生在我身上最好的事是:医院账单和失去一份没有价值的公司的工作。

James Bond  •  Denver, United States  •  5 hours ago
I was out of work for 9 months, looked every day, ect ect. Then I got a job, and they laid me off :( I hate this economy.

我已经失业9个月,每天都在找工作啊,找工作,等等。然后我获得了一份工作,后来他们把我炒了(我讨厌现在的经济)。

Kimberly J 6 hours ago
And now that the State of California has outsourced its payment of disability, unemployment, and other payments to Bank of America, B of A has decided to charge those beneficiaries transaction fees, since they have no choice in the matter of what bank those payments go to. So BofA isn't going to charge their regular customers as they planned, they are going to prey on the poorest of the poor. Fricke vampiers on society!

现在加利福尼亚州已经将他们付给残疾人,失业者和其它付款外包给美国银行,美国银行决定对这些受益者收取交易费,因为他们根本没有权利决定这些付款应该从哪个银行支付。但美国银行的计划并不会对他们的老客户收取这些费用,因为他们想要剥夺贫困者中的贫困者。变态的社会吸血鬼!

Jim 3 hours ago
It is not just the semi skilled. I know several highly educated serving coffee to pay the rent. Think about that.

这不仅仅是因为技艺问题。我知道有一些高学历的人在当咖啡服务员,赚取工资付房租。想想这些问题吧。

Ben 5 hours ago
Another thing not mentioned in the article is that many job postings now specify, "unemployed need not apply". How's that for a kick in the slats. Used to be you couldn't get a loan unless you could prove you didn't need one. Now the same goes for a job?

有一点文章没有提到:现在很多工作公告都有详细说明,“失业者不要应聘”。这是多么沉重的打击。就好像是你不能获得贷款,除非您能证明你不需要贷款。现在找工作也是这样的?

Kelly  •  Union, United States  •  5 hours ago
It's very evident that most of these comments are from people who have no idea what it's like to be out of work in this economy. I took a huge pay cut the first time I was out of work. I recently lost my job again, and due to the huge pay cut, unlike like the last time I was out of work I cant even pay my rent. I spend over 10hrs a day looking for work - I take it very seriously. Perhaps the government should focus on stopping all of the fake and misleading job posts that exist online.

很明显提出评论的很多人都不知道在当期经济下失去工作是什么感觉。在第一次失业的时候我的薪资被削减很多。最近我又失去了工作,也是因为薪资减少,但这次不像上次,上次我失业的时候连房租都付不齐。我每天花费10个小时找工作——我很认真的对待它。也许政府应该把重点放在阻止在网上的虚假和令人误导的工作。

oldsarge54  •  Marion, United States  •  3 hours ago
Here's an exercise for you. Mark those in red that say that you must be currently employed to apply. Mark in yellow those that imply that only experienced people need apply. In green, sales jobs. What's left?

建议你做一个练习。用红色笔标记你最近必须申请的工作机会。用黄色比标记只要应聘有经验的人。用绿色笔标记销售工作,还剩下什么呢?

Barbara  •  Omaha, United States  •  5 hours ago
I have been out of work for a year. I had an interview today and was asked why there was such a gap in my employment history!

我已经失业一年了。今天我有一场面试,面试时被问到为什么我的工作经验会有这么长一段空白
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-7 17:09 , Processed in 0.042563 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.