【纽约时报20120223】乔丹起诉中国乔丹公司

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2012-2-28 11:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 woikuraki 于 2012-3-31 15:19 编辑

发晚了,各种耽误,真是内疚啊T_T

【中文标题】
乔丹起诉中国乔丹公司
【原文标题】Knocking Off Michael Jordan
【来源地址】http://rendezvous.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/02/23/knocking-off-michael-jordan/
【译者】doraemonls
【翻译方式】人工
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-3331801-1-1.html
【声明】欢迎转载,请务必注明译者和出处 bbs.m4.cn
【译文】

HONG KONG — Michael Jordan has filed suit in China against a Chinese company that he says is illegally using his name, number and likeness to market its own lines of athletic shoes and sportswear.

迈克尔·乔丹日前起诉了一家中国公司。他说,该公司非法使用他的姓名、电话号码以及肖像来推销其生产的运动鞋和运动服装。

In China, Mr. Jordan’s surname is Qiaodan. The company he is suing is Qiaodan Sports, located in Fujian Province, in southeastern China.
在中国,MJ的姓氏是乔丹。他起诉的公司是乔丹体育,位于中国东南部的福建省。

My colleague in Shanghai, David Barboza, has a story on the lawsuit here.
笔者的同事David Barboza目前正在上海,他讲述了这起诉讼背后的故事,点击这里http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/24/sports/basketball/24iht-jordan24.html?_r=1&src=tp  

A statement on Mr. Jordan’s Web site said: “The Chinese company has registered and uses the name ‘Qiaodan’ (乔丹), which is the moniker Michael Jordan has been known by in China since he gained widespread popularity in the mid-1980s.’’
乔丹官方网站的声明说:“这家中国公司已经注册并使用了‘乔丹’的商标。‘乔丹’正是MJ在80年代中期广泛流行起来以后在中国使用的中文名字。”

In China, knockoff or pirated goods are called shanzhai (山寨), a term that was originally applied to fake cell phones. Nicholas Schmidle explored the athletic-shoe shanzhai phenomenon in The New York Times Magazine.
在中国,“山寨”一词表示仿制或者盗版的商品,最初是用来形容仿制名牌的手机。Nicholas Schmidle在纽约时报杂志上已经探讨过山寨运动鞋的现象了。

“When you have your name, it’s your DNA,’’ Mr. Jordan said in a statement. “Whenever someone takes it, it’s a violation.’’
乔丹在声明中说:“当父母为你起名字的时侯,名字就铭刻到你的DNA中去了。无论何时,任何企图夺走你的名字的行为,都是一种侵犯。”

Mr. Jordan, the former N.B.A. star who now is majority owner of the Charlotte Bobcats, has long had a line of Nike shoes called Air Jordans. Forbes estimated he made $60 million last year, largely through endorsement deals with Nike, Hanes, Gatorade and others.
乔丹曾是NBA的大明星,目前是山猫队的大股东。他还有一条生产线,专门生产Air Jordan的耐克运动鞋。福布斯估计乔丹去年通过与耐克、Hanes、佳得乐等其他品牌的代言活动赚了6000万美元。

As an indication of the huge financial implications for Mr. Jordan’s marketing ambitions (and potential losses) in the basketball-crazy Chinese market, his legal team has built a Web site to make his case in the lawsuit. It offers examples of Jordan signature shoes and clothing alongside knockoff models from Qiaodan.
鉴于乔丹对中国市场的营销野心以及目前中国疯狂增长的篮球市场,乔丹的律师团已经建立了一个关于这起诉讼的网站。该网站列举了乔丹体育伪造乔丹签名的等鞋子、衣服等一些仿品。

Miachel Jordan sues China’s Qiaodan over name use. I would argue Qiaodan has become its own brand with limited relation to MJ.
MJ起诉乔丹体育侵犯了他的姓名权。我更倾向于认为乔丹体育已经和MJ关系不大, 成为一个独立的品牌了。
— TXCapBeijing (@TXCapBeijing) February 23, 2012
--@TXCapBeijing 2012,2,23 在twitter上说

There was no immediate indication of the amount of damages Mr. Jordan is seeking.
乔丹提出的赔偿金额目前也是未知。

“This is not about money,” he said. “It’s about principle.”
乔丹说:“这是原则性问题,与金钱无关。”

“It is deeply disappointing to see a company build a business off my Chinese name without my permission, use the number 23 and even attempt to use the names of my children,’’ Mr. Jordan said. “I am taking this action to preserve ownership of my name and my brand.’’
乔丹还说:“看到这样一家公司的业务都建立在我的中文名字上,他们使用23号,甚至使用我孩子们的名字,却没有获得我的许可,这很让我失望。我采取这一行动是为了保持我的姓名权以及我的品牌。”

Messages left by Rendezvous with Qiaodon Sports were not immediately returned.
乔丹体育目前没有对这一事件没有进行回应。

The company’s Web site makes no specific mention of Michael Jordan, although it says, “As a franchise shop, we mainly sell Jordan shoes. Welcome all the customers!’’
尽管公司网站声称“作为一家专营店,我们主要经营乔丹运动鞋。欢迎广大新老客户光临”,但网站仍没有特意提到迈克尔·乔丹起诉的消息。

A Qiaodan Sports spokesman told Reuters that he did not have legal details of the case. The company has reportedly become a supplier for the Olympic teams from Mongolia, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
乔丹体育的发言人告诉路透社记者,称他并不了解关于这起案件的法律细节。据报道,该公司已经成为蒙古、哈萨克斯坦、土库曼斯坦奥林匹克队的赞助商了。

Earlier this month, a federal court in Chicago ruled against Mr. Jordan in his lawsuit against the Jewel-Osco supermarket chain. He had alleged that the company had used shoes bearing the number 23 in an ad layout in 2009 in a special edition of Sports Illustrated.
在2月的早些时候,芝加哥联邦法院否决了乔丹对Jewel-Osco超市的诉讼请求。乔丹指责称,在体育画报特刊的广告上,有该公司出售的印有23号的运动鞋。

Addendum: Nike is creating a special signature shoe for Jeremy Lin, the New York Knicks point guard, according to an athletic shoe Web site, counterkicks.com. A hypothetical mockup of the shoe can be seen here.
附:根据运动鞋网站--counterkicks.com的消息,耐克正在设计制作一款有尼克斯队控球后卫林书豪特别签名的运动鞋。

Mr. Lin, who is Taiwanese-American, may face similar challenges to marketing himself in China, where counterfeiting and trademark infringement are common, as David said in his story.
林书豪是台湾籍美国人。他也面临着和乔丹类似、如何在中国推销自己的问题。David说,在中国假冒伪劣和商标侵权是很常见的事情。

He cited local media reports that said a businesswoman in China registered a trademark there for Lin’s name after seeing him play last year.
David引用当地媒体报道称:一位中国女老板在看了林书豪的一场比赛后,去年就注册了林书豪的名字作为商标。

点评

感谢翻译,文章发布地址。http://fm.m4.cn/1154474.shtml  发表于 2012-2-28 13:51

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2012-2-28 12:50 | 显示全部楼层
748 发表于 2012-2-28 11:50
姓乔名丹,关美国人什么事

你逗死我了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-2-28 13:45 | 显示全部楼层
lyycc 发表于 2012-2-28 12:50
你逗死我了

我也想说。。。那你随便拿别人的名字,然后说谁都可以叫,跟你没关是吗?
苹果现在争的是神马?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 14:05 , Processed in 0.052797 second(s), 27 queries , Gzip On.