注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 4908|回复: 5

老外聊聊在中国都学会了中国人的哪些”习惯“

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-3-8 15:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 lilyma06 于 2012-3-8 15:26 编辑

http://www.reddit.com/r/China/comments/qldvw/rchina_what_chinese_habit_have_you_picked_up/c3yi7i4
what Chinese "habit" have you picked up while in China? (self.China)
译者:小树
submitted 20 hours ago by tipotter

I now end phone calls like this... "en.... en.... hao de....hao de.... en....xing, xing, hao de....hao de.... en... bye byyyyye"
⌂ 美国 ✈ 北京
现在我在结束通话时会说“嗯…嗯…好的…好的…嗯…行,行,好的…好的…嗯…拜拜”
窗体顶端
en, en, hao, na xian zheyang, hao, hao. en, xing. en, hao. na bai bai.
嗯,嗯,好的,那先这样,好,好,好。嗯,行,嗯,好。那拜拜。

This! I never said "bye-bye" before coming here. Now I can't stop.
来之前,我从不说“拜拜”。现在我是情不自禁啊。

· parent
[–]erikmyxter 6 /16 hours ago

This, I say it to everyone, Chinese or foreign
我对任何人都这样说,无论中国人还是外国人。

· parent
[–]TheDark1⌂ Australia ✈ Yancheng 6 /15 hours ago

With a rising tone on the last syllable.
最后一个音要用声调。

I more of a "b-bye" type of person
我现在是个常说 “拜拜”的人。

Same here. Recently I’ve noticed I'm getting increasingly frustrated with being well mannered. I’m no longer stepping out of people’s way, wordlessly pushing past people who stop at the top of escalators and who walk 6 abreast on the pavement.
I’m still conditioned to say please and thank you, despite never getting much of a response. I’ve spoken to a few others and some say this started as early as within a month of arriving. Others have survived a couple of years before giving in.

Drinking hot water... eh ok not hot but at least warm..
喝热水……嗯,不太烫、温一点的。

When you're sick it's a must, right?
生病的时候,就必须喝热水了对吧?

I spit while I smoke while I text while I shit on a public squatter.
抽烟的时候我吐痰,发短信的时候我吐痰,上公共厕所的时候我也吐痰。

squatting on top of the toilet seat, right?
蹲在马桶上,是吧?

Savage.

I still ALWAYS take my trash to the trash can in fast food restaurants, much to the disapproval of the locals.
Well I assume they don't want the restaurant service culture to die like it died in the west, eh?

Speeding through town on my e-bike, honking, and spitting loogies.

I'm actively considering ramming e-bike riders to teach them a lesson. I know,, it's insane, but I get frequent fits of road rage in this country. People are generally morons in traffic.

That's not 'mmm', it is actually (en)

I remember when I was in Hong Kong after learning a very small amount of Cantonese and my friend asked me if I liked something and I said "Mmm ho".
Mmm in Cantonese means and ho is so whilst thinking and going Mmm they heard it as an actual word. I had to follow the Cantonese way of "Err" or "Ahh" whilst thinking after that.

Then you aren't pronouncing it right. , when pronounced as "en" (as mchengl pointed out) has the same meaning in Cantonese.
Also "no" in Cantonese is not actually , it's , and it's aspirated (something like "ng" or "mh").

Thanks, however I wasn't referring to , merely pointing out how the negative word in cantonese sounds like Mm or Ng as you stated.

Admit it, you were.
Just kidding. Sorry if I came off as pedantic.

· parent
[–]kerodean 4 /12 hours ago

Nah its cool, I actually have spent the last 2 years studying Mandarin when I really would have rather been learning Cantonese. So when I see how Cantonese is written its always interesting to me how different the characters they use are. So thanks, I actually like learning more about Cantonese :D

Staring. Unabashedly. For inappropriately long periods of time. Yep, I'mma end up in jail when I return home.

Holding my place in line like a group of seniors was going to ambush it.
I've also gotten in the terrible habit of assuming that people won't understand what I'm saying. Doesn't go over to well in the US when you loudly proclaim, " Look at that fat fuck".

I frequently catch myself replying with "Haven't" to questions like "Have you seen the car keys?".

You mustn't/needn't do this.
你不得/不需要做这个。

That still hurts my ears so much to hear that
听到这句话还是刺耳。
o
Constantly eating sunflower seeds and spitting the shells about...
时常吃葵花籽,吐瓜子皮……

[–]TheMediumPanda 6 /12 hours ago

Well, at least you use the word 'spit' there. I see plenty of Chinese just kind of letting them drop out. It's hard to explain but I think you know what I mean,, a bit like a cow eating hay, some stay in, some fall to the ground.
呃,至少你用了“吐”这个词。我见很多中国人就是让瓜子皮掉出来。这很难解释,但你知道我的意思,有点像牛吃草,一些进了嘴里,一些掉到地上。

· parent
[–]stabb 11 /17 hours ago

Saying Urually instead of Usually... just kidding. Talking louder.

Because that sound doesn't exist in their language and they have a hard time making it.

· parent

hahah
my non-Chinese-speaking spouse can always tell when I'm on the phone with my (Asian) parents, even if I'm in the next room.

I would imagine smoking to be #1. Drinking a lot of alcohol #2. Spitting everywhere #3. Being more callous towards others in public #4. Being more modest #5.

[–]Gadren⌂ USA ✈ Guilin 4 /18 hours ago
窗体顶端
I'm so afraid of picking up the spitting one on particular, even when I'm sick and understand completely why they do it. I worry that, upon returning to the States I'll still do it.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]marvelous_molester 2 /12 hours ago
窗体顶端
who gives a shit?
窗体底端
· parent
[–]Gadren⌂ USA ✈ Guilin 2 /12 hours ago
窗体顶端
I still find the public spitting distasteful and dislike keeping an eye out for blobs of phlegm when walking on the sidewalk. And, fairly or not, back home it's seen negatively and I could see it affecting how people treat me there.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]polyonymy 1 /4 hours ago
窗体顶端
As someone who has slept on the floor of trains all around the country, I, too, find it distasteful.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]collectsparkles 2 /17 hours ago
窗体顶端
I can definitely agree with #4 and #5 but I never saw drinking to be a Chinese thing. The individual foreigners I know in China drink heaps more than all of my Chinese friends combined.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]downvotesyndromekid 9 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
My guess is your experiences of China mostly come from more Westernised higher tier cities and perhaps more educated, English-speaking Chinese friends?
In many parts of China alcoholism is considered acceptable to extremes that would shock at a frat party. There is a reason all the yanjius stock so much cheap beer and baijiu - demand. It's an everyday experience for me to see businessmen throw up at lunch time in the street (while their colleagues pat them on the back - Chinese culture can mean 'looking after' your mates by pushing them to drink so much they can't see straight rather than telling them they should probably call it a night). Then there have been moments like seeing a kid being given his first(?) taste of baijiu by his dad. The kid couldn't have hit 4 yet. Respected businessman will proudly tell you "I drink everyday" and "I can drink 16 bottles of beer", although it's one of the privileges of high status to be able to pass most or all the ganbeis to your colleagues.
Yeah, we're seeing change, business in Suzhou is quite different to what you'll come across in Henan. Maotai is in some places getting phased out in favour of red wine. And most young guys (i.e. university students) will tend more towards the zhainan than the big drinker. If you go to a wedding, wealthy or rural squalor, and it's the 60+ downing crates of baijiu upstairs while everyone else goes home. Go to a young guy's family home and there's a decent chance his mother can match you shot for shot. But the fact is it remains a valuable asset for the PRC-based entrepreneur to be able to hold his liquor.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]lordnikkon⌂ Miami ✈ Beijing 3 /10 hours ago
窗体顶端
I have to agree, I learned the hard way not to drink 二锅头 with chinese guys. As soon as you start drinking they will make it a point to get you completely obliterated drunk. When I first drank with chinese I thought "how much could they possibly drink" well it turns out most chinese drinkers can down an entire bottle of 白酒 and still have a coherent conversation. I was puking my guts out while they sitting around chatting and laughing that they got the laowai so drunk
窗体底端
· parent
[–]MarketParasite 2 /7 hours ago*
窗体顶端
I'm not an expat but this confuses me I thought a fair number of Chinese people don't do well with alcohol because of a genetic mutation in the enzyme needed to metabolize alcohol.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_flush_reaction
Here Asian bars are jokingly called lobsterfests.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]wtf_is_wrong_with_u 6 /14 hours ago
窗体顶端
going outside looking like a mess and not giving a fuck about it. also sleeping in public places and not giving a fuck about it. pushing people when waiting in line or whenever there is an opportunity to push someone.
addon: also burping and farting whenever i feel like it.
damn, we should call this thread "shit laowais do in china"
窗体底端
[–]babamcrib 5 /17 hours ago
窗体顶端
I somtimes use my height and weight advantage to get to the front of a crowd if there is no orderly line.
I really like some weird food and beverages, such as 臭豆腐 (stinky tofu)and 米酒 (mi jiu, the sweet rice drink).
One time in Louyang I was drinking with some Polish folks at an outside BBQ place and a Chinese woman at the next table asked me to speak softer. So I guess I must be pretty damn loud now.
如果人们都不排队,我有时会利用自己的身高和体重优势挤到人群前面。
我很喜欢一些奇怪的食物和饮品,比如臭豆腐和米酒。
在洛阳,有次和一些波兰人在一个烧烤店喝酒,邻桌一个中国女人让我说话声音温柔点。所以我猜现在我说话声音肯定特别大了。
窗体底端
[–]colorless_green_idea⌂ Houston ✈ Wuhan 4 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
Were you speaking Chinese or a foreign language when she asked you to speak softer? Ive only heard of foreigners getting the request to speak softer when speaking their native language, but never Chinese. My theory is that they don't mind when its Chinese or a dialect of it, but when its foreign they find it obnoxious.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]babamcrib 3 /12 hours ago
窗体顶端
Speaking English at the time.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]erikmyxter 6 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
Spitting. I love it.
吐痰。我爱死这个了。
窗体底端
[–]fareastcoast 10 /15 hours ago
窗体顶端
i poop on the sidewalk...
窗体底端
[–]Chocobean 3 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
WHAT! NO way!
edit: habit man, habit, not something you did maybe once cuz you had no choice?
窗体底端
· parent
[–]josezzz✈ Shandong 11 /19 hours ago
窗体顶端
Haha great thread idea. Mine would have to be smoking and smoking any and everywhere. I only smoked occasionally before coming to China, maybe a pack a month. Now, it's one every other day.
窗体底端
[–]d9-thc⌂ USA ✈ Beijing 3 /15 hours ago
窗体顶端
Yep, me too. I also picked up the habit of tapping people's hand with my pointer finger when they give me a light. I realized today I do it with foreigners, too.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]TheMediumPanda 3 /12 hours ago
窗体顶端
Back in Texas that might get you a right hook, or alternatively an invitation to meet the guy at a truck stop.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]josezzz✈ Shandong 1 /10 hours ago
窗体顶端
hahaha, my friend (a fellow laowai) told me about this Chinese habit and I do it more and more now.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]southwestont 3 /19 hours ago
窗体顶端
Second that
窗体底端
· parent
[–]greasynik⌂ Ottawa, Canada ✈ Jinan 3 /17 hours ago
窗体顶端
Third...
窗体底端
· parent
[–]TheDark1⌂ Australia ✈ Yancheng 3 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
I quit last year. 3 months on the electric smokes and then cold turkey. 8 months clean and feeling good (but fatter).
窗体底端
· parent
[–]Whooop-Whooop 2 /15 hours ago
窗体顶端
Keep up the good work!
窗体底端
· parent
[–]greasynik⌂ Ottawa, Canada ✈ Jinan 2 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
Good stuff. When I went back to Canada during the summer, I barely smoked. But in China, it's virtually impossible for me.
夏天回到加拿大的时候我几乎不抽烟,但在中国,我几乎不能不抽烟。
窗体底端
· parent
[–]cleansanchez -2 /7 hours ago
窗体顶端
maybe a pack a month. Now, it's one every other day.
So you've ramped up from a pack a month to 15 cigs per month?
窗体底端
· parent
[–]platypusmusic 7 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
Being polite and honest.
变得礼貌和诚实。
窗体底端
[–]hemlokk 4 /17 hours ago
窗体顶端
Smoking a cigarette half way through a meal.
饭吃到一半的时候来根烟。
窗体底端
[–]tipotter[S] 8 /17 hours ago
窗体顶端
More like smoking half a pack throughout a meal.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]eblocky⌂ Portland ✈ Beijing 4 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
TSKing obnoxiously loudly when I'm annoyed by anything. This gets awkward when I go home and generally a loud TSK is follow by a sassy head tilt and "oh no you di-in't."
窗体底端
[–]exekutor⌂ Chile ✈ Beijing 1 /51 minutes ago
窗体顶端
I haven't realized I do that too!
窗体底端
· parent
[–]colorless_green_idea⌂ Houston ✈ Wuhan 5 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
Speaking bad Chinese.
窗体底端
[–]Empathetic_Apathy 4 /11 hours ago
窗体顶端
Living in china has forced me to become a much more patient person. Much more. ಠ_ಠ
在中国生活使我变得更加有耐心了,更更有耐心。
窗体底端
[–]Crafty-Deano 4 /14 hours ago
窗体顶端
Making loud slurpy noises while eating & drinking.
窗体底端
[–]exekutor⌂ Chile ✈ Beijing 1 /53 minutes ago
窗体顶端
Same for me. It makes some food, such as soup or fruit, taste better imo.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]planet_telexAlabama ✈ Shanghai 4 /14 hours ago
窗体顶端
Chopsticks.
用筷子。
窗体底端
[–]ridefastcarvehard 3 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
Saying 嗯,instead of uh-huh/yes.
说:嗯,而不是啊哈/是的。
窗体底端
[–]breandan 3 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
Singing in public. Drinking out of the bowl (not just soup, either). Eating like it was my last meal on earth.
窗体底端
[–]jaysend⌂ Washington DC ✈ Shanghai[file:///C:/Users/Mali/AppData/Local/Temp/ksohtml/wps_clip_image-10143.png] 3 /11 hours ago
窗体顶端
here are some more
窗体底端
[–]Televishun 3 /17 hours ago
窗体顶端
Smoking.
抽烟。
窗体底端
[–]zeeeee 3 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
Smoking dirty 14mg of tar/nicotine Chinese cigarettes all the time, drinking on the streets/subway/basically anywhere that isn't Muslim noodle ...
窗体底端
[–]juckele 2 /14 hours ago
窗体顶端
I picked this up just talking to Asian people while living in the US...
窗体底端
[–]kerodean 1 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
Pushing and shoving. Also the constant use of .
使劲推使劲挤。还有不停的用:嗯。
窗体底端
[–]octopusmatthew 2 /13 hours ago
窗体顶端
I pick my nose with no guilt anymore!
窗体底端
[–]chinadork7733 2 /11 hours ago
窗体顶端
Chewing with my mouth open
张着嘴巴嚼东西。
窗体底端
[–]instantmusic⌂ NYC ✈ Shenzhen 2 /11 hours ago
窗体顶端
Singing in public.
当众唱歌。
窗体底端
[–]seakeeks 0 /7 hours ago
窗体顶端
I noticed becoming very impatient when living in China. When the store clerk was too slow, I complained loudly or even scold. And if old men gathered at a park to discuss about something (the louder, the better), I somehow felt it's my business as well. Chinese curiosity terribly is contagious!
窗体底端
[–]M2JOHNSON 2 /1 hour ago
窗体顶端
Where are you living? Even in a rural spot that just sounds like jackassery.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]ssladam 1 /2 hours ago
窗体顶端
Driving like an asshole. If you can't beat em, join em!
窗体底端
[–]laduzi_xiansheng 2 /1 hour ago
窗体顶端
Driving. I cant drive in the UK anymore despite me having some lovely cars over there, Ive just become too Chinese and Im now too afraid to take to UK roads. Indicate? Whats the fucking point? Gobbing out the window? No problem. Accelerating past cop cars? Flip off police when they try to pull me over for driving in the bike lane? Ripping up freshly minted tickets in front of policemen because I know full well the network between the provincial registration plate I have and Jiangsu are not networked? No problem.
Ive been called a rude fuck a few times on the Tube in London for not giving way to others when getting on board.
On the other hand, when I zone out I become particularly British. I stopped at zebra crossing to allow some old people and a preggers bird cross the road. All of them were staring at me like I was a mental fuck, at least my wifes car (the one I drove today) has a big Union Jack on the roof so I am doing Britain proud on occasion.
窗体底端
[–]Benthetraveler⌂ Germany ✈ Beijing 3 /19 hours ago
窗体顶端
Ahh.
窗体底端
[–]tipotter[S] 14 /18 hours ago
窗体顶端
aiyyy-yaaah
哎呀呀
窗体底端
· parent
[–]Benthetraveler⌂ Germany ✈ Beijing 7 /18 hours ago
窗体顶端
Ayo!
哎呦!
窗体底端
· parent
[–]d9-thc⌂ USA ✈ Beijing 5 /15 hours ago
窗体顶端
我操!
窗体底端
· parent
[–]DiscoMo 2 /16 hours ago
窗体顶端
啊呀
窗体底端
· parent
[–]TheDark1⌂ Australia ✈ Yancheng 6 /15 hours ago
窗体顶端
WASAI! - Picked up from playing soccer with Chinese dudes. And WODEMAYA from my students. And MADEMINGLA from being in Northern Jiangsu.
窗体底端
· parent
[–]zakuropan 3 /14 hours ago
窗体顶端
Ok wtf was that last one!?
窗体底端
· parent
[–]TheDark1⌂ Australia ✈ Yancheng 1 /14 hours ago
窗体顶端
It is not dissimilar to "Ta Ma de"...
窗体底端
· parent
[–]whybotherwith_bros 2 /10 hours ago
窗体顶端
ma ta ming, at least in my city means "oh my god" or "oh my lady gaga" if you're younger...
窗体底端
· parent
[–]TheMediumPanda 1 /12 hours ago
窗体顶端
I say that all the fucking time, much more frequently than the Chinese also.
窗体底端

该贴已经同步到 lilyma06的微博
发表于 2012-3-8 16:20 | 显示全部楼层
好的习惯也要学学啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-8 18:39 | 显示全部楼层
老外学坏比谁都快……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-27 12:54 | 显示全部楼层
好的东西没学到啊...不过现在好传统也快丢完了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-29 09:41 | 显示全部楼层
以后让他们学抱手礼
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-3-30 20:34 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 瑜伽美人 于 2012-4-1 17:51 编辑

謝謝,希望以後多些

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 06:46 , Processed in 0.053804 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.