注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1953|回复: 1

【赫芬顿邮报 20120221】名人推动中国动物权利并促使民众观念改变

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-4-1 16:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
【中文标题】名人推动中国动物权利并促使民众观念改变
【原文标题】Animal Rights In China Get Boost From Celebrity Activists And Shifting Attitudes                                                                       
【原载媒体】龙腾网
【原文链接】http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/animal-rights-china-celebrity-activists_n_1290273.html?ref=china

BEIJING (AP) — Celebrities like basketball star Yao Minghave helped energize China's animal rights movement by speaking out againstshark fin soup and bear bile tonics, an animal welfare group said Tuesday.

北京讯——周二,据一家动物福利团体称,像篮球明星姚明这样的社会名流开始帮助推动动物权利运动,呼吁抵制食用鱼翅和购买熊2胆2保健品。

Jill Robinson, who established the Hong Kong-basedAnimals Asia Foundation in 1998, said she's seen interest in animal rightssnowball in China over the last few years, spurred by support from celebritiesand shifting attitudes among ordinary people.

据吉尔罗宾逊称,通过社会名流支持的激励,转变了普通民众对动物权利的态度,在过去的几年里,她看到了中国民众对动物权利的捐助呈滚雪球式的增长,她于1998年在香港创办了亚洲动物基金会。

Robinson spoke at an event in Beijing calling for an endto bear bile farming, the practice of extracting bile from the gall bladders ofliving bears. The animals are caged and milked of bile through catheters, whichanimal rights groups contend is cruel.

罗宾逊在北京的一项比赛项目上呼吁通过饲养熊进行活熊取胆的行为,将熊困在笼子里,用导管通过伤口引流出胆汁,动物权利团体认为这是非常残忍的行为。

On Saturday, Yao visited one of Robinson's bearsanctuaries in Sichuan province. The 7-foot-6 (2.29-meter) former NBA centerclipped the nails of an anesthetized bear and shook its paw, then strolledaround the facility with his wife, looking at the bear enclosures and a beargraveyard.

周日,姚明参观了罗宾逊一个位于四川省的熊避难所,这个2.29米的前NBA中锋给一只已经麻醉的熊修剪了指甲,摇了摇它的爪子,和他的妻子看了一下基地的设施和围墙,以及一个熊的坟场。

Yao has also campaigned against the weekly slaughter ofan estimated 1.5 million sharks to make shark fin soup. The practice is takingsome of the species close to extinction.

姚明也发起了反对每周一次的鲨鱼屠杀运动,估计有150万只鲨鱼因鱼翅汤而惨遭杀害,这导致了一些种类的鲨鱼接近灭绝。

The English-born Robinson said a Chinese governmentofficial encouraged her years ago to "start the debate" about animalrights in China.

出生于英国的罗宾逊说,一名中国政府官员几年前鼓励她在中国关于动物权益“开始争论”。

"I've never forgotten that and that's always beenour motive, our incentive and finally it's coming home to roost, finally it'sworking," she said. "It's almost at the point now where we can stepback, as people within the (Chinese) community, within the public, and withinthe media really take the reins."

“我永远不会忘记,那就是我们的目的,动机,最终鸟能归巢,最终我们的努力能获得收效,”她说,“如今,目的已经基本达到,我们可以功成身退,因为中国的社团,公众和媒体已经接手了缰绳。”

The change reflects both a growing environmentalawareness and the increasing affluence of ordinary Chinese, who keep pets,travel overseas and are changing attitudes toward traditions they may not havequestioned in the past.

这样的改变反应中国民众增长的环境意识和普通中国人的富足,他们饲养宠物,旅游海外,改变他们对那些以前从未质疑过的传统的态度。

Last week, Chinese voiced outrage when a pharmaceuticalcompany that sells tonics made with bear bile announced plans for a public listing.Dozens of Chinese entertainers, writers and other celebrities signed a petitionto the China Securities Regulatory Commission urging it towithhold approval for the initial public offering by Guizhentang, a Chinesemedicines maker.
Hundreds of thousands of comments on Weibo, a Chinesemicroblog, blasted the company for extracting bile from bears.

上周,当一家售卖熊胆汁补品的制药公司宣布融资上市的计划,中国人喊出了他们的愤慨。几十名中国艺人、作家和其他社会名人联名置信中国证监会,强烈要求拒绝guizhentang上市融资。成千上万条微博轰炸这家公司的活熊取胆行为。

"In China, it's a very, very exciting time,"said Animal Asia's senior veterinarian Monica Bando."There are more animal protection groups than there have ever been andthere are more local groups taking the initiative to rescue dogs from dog meatmarkets and blogging about various other animals rights issues."

“在中国,这是个非常非常令人激动的时刻,”亚洲动物基金一名兽医莫妮卡班多说,“现在有比过去更多的动物保护团体,有更多的当地团体主动地从狗肉市场营救狗,博客上流传各种不同其他动物权利信息。”

Chinese activists have staged mass releases of cats anddogs caged for shipment to restaurants and markets, where they are slaughteredfor dishes considered to be delicacies or especially nourishing.

中国活动家已经释放了大量的狗和猫,他们在它们被运去餐馆和市场的途中截获,否则将被屠杀,变成餐桌上美味和特殊的营养。

Robinson said it's been gratifying to see a vibrant,homegrown movement taking shape. She recalled a recent phone call from anactivist in Shanghai who told her: "You can step back now. This is ourfight now."
"It was just great to hear that," she said."It's something that I've been waiting to hear for a long, longtime."

罗宾逊说她很高兴看到一场充满活力的本土运动形成。她想起最近接到一名上海的活动家的电话:“你可以功成身退了,现在这是我们的战斗。”
“能听到这样的话真是太好了,”她说,“这正是我长久以来想听到的。”

以下是评论部分:

vegandave
This article is misleading. McDonald's plans to open a newrestaurant daily in China. Yum Brands is opening hundreds ofKFCs and Pizza Huts. This is not a step forward for animals. Stopping thekilling of sharks yet snowballing the exploitation and murder of animals forfast food is not a win at all. I am very proud of the people stopping the dogand cat killing, but I wonder what they eat when the go home? Chicken, pig,fish, cow? There is no difference. There are groups doing vegan outreach, andthat is a very positive sign, but I would hardly say adopting Western values isa step forward for animal rights.
~Dave Bemel, Action for Animals

文章在误导大众。麦克唐纳正计划在中国每天新开一家餐厅呢。百胜餐饮在中国开了成百上千的肯德基和必胜客。这对动物来说不是进步。停止杀戮鲨鱼和为快餐而进行的大量动物的屠杀根本没有胜利。我为那些停止杀猫和狗的人而感到骄傲,但是我想知道的是,他们回家了会吃什么?鸡,猪,鱼还是牛?这没有什么区别。也有严格的素食主义者,这是个很好的迹象,但是我不认同采取西方的价值标准去评论动物权利的进步。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dispagi
Now if we can only get Japan to stop killing thosedolphins.

现在我们是否只能让日本停止杀那些海豚。

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHIEFZUSAF
Thank you Ya for doing your work to prevent crueltytreatment of animals. I can't stand to see any animal mistreated. God pleasesave them all from harm by humans.

感谢你为了阻止残忍伤害动物的工作。我看不得任何动物受虐待。上帝请帮助它们逃离人类的伤害吧。

Master-T
For those who don't know what Bear Bile Farming is, pleasedo a search and read about it. I don't like comparative suffering, but it isperhaps the most brutal and cruel treatment of an animal by humans - in allhistory. The Asiatic Black Bear (aka The Moon Bear) is the recipient of thishorrifying brutality, and although I won't go into details here let me saythis: For these bears, hell is not an abstract concept. Their lives (sometimes30 years in cages so small they can't move) is truly hell on earth.
Please read up on it and please get involved.Support the organizations that are fighting to stop this barbarism, write emails,join campaigns, tell others about it. It's great that this is finally gettingsome traction in China, but we in the west need to step up the pressure.

对那些不知道什么是活熊取胆的人,请动手搜一搜,看一看。我不喜欢相对的痛苦,但是,这可能是历史上最残酷最残忍的人对动物的虐待了,亚洲黑熊是这令人毛骨悚然的兽行的受害者。这里,我不想说那细节,但是我想对你们说:对于熊来说,地狱不再是个抽象的概念,他们的生活就是人间炼狱(有时,从它们还是那么小的时候就在笼子里,不能动弹分毫)。

Bolkonsky
Never was much of a fan of Yao Ming's play on the court -but i am deeply impressed by his use of his celebrity in support of animalrights. Awesome. (and all too uncommon) Good on Yao.

从来就不是姚明的球迷,但是他用他名人身份支持动物权利运动给了我深刻的印象。好样的,姚明。

campcranston
It's about time we stop allowing "ancienttraditions" (snake oil sales, more like) to be an excuse for this horribletreatment of these animals. It's time for the torture to end.

是时候停止给“古老传统”一个借口去残酷对待动物了,是终结这种折磨的时间了。

mother10
what is wrong with Asians...bear bile ...come on

这些亚洲人哪里犯病了。。。熊胆汁。。。哇靠。。

Hugatreetoday
Ever seen tiger farms? Sad, sad, sad and despicable. Peopleactually believe eating a particular animal part will make them virile. Stupid,stupid homosapiens.

看过老虎饲养场不?真是难过,真是太无耻了。人们真的相信吃一个动物特殊部分可以壮阳。愚蠢,愚蠢的人类啊。

mother10
Bear bile tonic ...REALLY !

熊胆汁补品。。。。什么真的!!!

Talk2PassiveActionVital
The truth about bear bile "farms", for those ofyou who think it's "inappropriate" for celebrities and otherconcerned individuals to push for an end to this hideous practice:

关于熊胆汁的真相;

http://www.greenmuze.com/animals/wild/768-bear-bile-farming.html
http://www.piaberrend.org/bear-bile-is-not-only-very-cruel-but-can-also-cause-liver-and-kidney-damages-and-even-death/

The good news is, we can all do somethingabout it:

好消息是我们可以做点什么:

http://www.thedailyactivist.com/animal-rights-vile-bile/
http://www.endbearfarming.org/en/

Fortunately for the bears, human beings whorespond smugly or with indifference when told about bear bile farming are inthe rapidly shrinking minority. Most people respond with shock, which thenbecomes a determination to help in any way they can.

幸运的是,当告知对此一无所知的人关于活熊取胆只有少数人迅速皱眉,大多数人都下决心作一些力所能及的帮助。

HurricaneDitka420
It's 2012 China, time to get with the program...crazycommies.

这是2012年的中国,到了做计划的时间。。。。荒唐的TG。

LINY01
Every time I see an animal story like this it reallysaddens me. The accompanying picture is usually that of an animal that looksterrified.
So sad what we humans do to other life forms.

每次看到这样的动物故事都让我难过。附图通常都是动物痛苦的模样。
真为我们人类对其他生命所做的感到难过。

Hugatreetoday
When we can't even treat each other well it's no shock whatwe do to those beautiful life forms we share this planet with. :(

当我们还不能相互很好对待的时候,不要为我们对那些和我们共享地球的美丽生命所做的而震惊。

ashabot
he Chinese people are quite capable of understanding ontheir own that, as Gandhi puts it, “The greatness of a nation and its moralprogress can be judged by the way its animals are treated”.

中国人相当有能力理解,像Gandhi帖子说的那样:“这是个高尚的民族,他们对待动物的方式将证明他们的道德进步。”

jaslyn
this is a good start. Awareness is a very slow processsince practices and attitudes are cultural and take a long time to develop. Wehave to look no further than our own factory farming practices and it'sacceptance here to see that awareness is a very slow occurrence. People willtake a very strong stance to maintain their food attitudes, and they turn awayfrom all evidence that shows the cruelty involved and even if it makes themsick to maintain their chosen foods. The human brain is primitive on manylevels.

这是个好的开端。意识的一个缓慢的过程,因为行为和态度是一种文化层面,需要长时间发展。人们需要坚持强硬立场维持他们对食物的态度,抹杀掉制造食物的残忍场景,而那甚至会让人们在选择食物时感到恶心。从许多层面上说,人类的大脑还是很原始的。(译者:求高手帮助)

ashabot
Yay! These poor creatures need all the help they can get.Time for the Chinese to disavow these barbaric practices.

耶!这些可怜的生物需要它们能得到的所有帮助。是中国人去否定这些残忍的行为的时候了。

makebofapay
Good to see that China is waking up to the ways of acivilized society. Their cruelty to animals is based on superstition andignorance. Hopefully this trend to animal rights will grow in leaps and bounds.

看到中国醒来迈向文明社会真是太好了,他们残忍地对待动物是缘由迷信和无知,但愿这种对动物权利的趋势能够突飞猛进。

Talk2PassiveActionVital
...perhaps the example of growing Chinese humanity towardsexploited bears and sharks will influence US consumers' attitudes towardfactory farmed chickens, turkeys, beef cattle, calves, pigs, sheep and lambs?

也许,关于中国剥削熊和鲨鱼这件事反应了中国人人性改善的例子,将影响到美国消费者关于圈养鸡、火鸡、牛、小牛犊、注、羊和小羔羊的态度?

thewirah
Chinese people don't want the government or basketballplayers to tell them that they shouldn't eat dog steaks, shark wings or bearjuice. Something that every US Republican will understand.

中国人不想政府或者篮球运动员告诉他们不应该吃狗肉、鱼翅和熊胆汁。每一个美国共和党人都应该知道这点。

ashabot
“I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights.That is the way of a whole human being.” -Abraham Lincoln

我对人权和动物权益一样重视,这也应是全体人类该有的共识。  
——亚伯拉罕.林肯(美国第16任总统)

Talk2PassiveActionVital
...humanity?! We don't need no stinking' humanity.

人性?!我们不需要肮脏的人性。

Hugatreetoday
I know. There's very little that's humane about humanity.:(

我知道,只有少部分人谈得上人性:(

thewirah
I was being sarcastic.

被人嘲笑了。

Bolkons
(ALWAYS a risky proposition here at HP)

在主页这里说这些论点总是有风险的。

thewirah
I know it already but I am stubborn. One day...

我知道,但是我比较固执,总有一天。。。。君子报仇十年不晚。

karen lyons kalmenson
china the heights
of financial ladders
you ascend
now your cruelty
to animals and
people
must end!!!!

中国,你的经济已经发展一定的高度,对动物和人民的残暴也该停止了!!!!

madcityy
dont mess with china,,,they might take their pandas fromus................

不要和中国搅和在一起。。。。他们可能从我们这里要回他们的大熊猫。。。。

karen lyons kalmenson
and that would cause pandemonium

那可能引起大混乱。

David Daisy May Boldock
Keep the panda's and get rid of the Chinese, Abominablenation with their none existent animal welfare. If any country can be heldaccountable for the demise of tigers, rhino's, not to mention countless otherspecies that has a price on it's back, then it will be down to the Chinese.Their live skinning of dogs, cats raccoon's and all manner of warm bloodedsentient animals makes me sick!

留下大熊猫,干掉中国人。令人厌恶的国家,没有任何动物福利。如果任何国家需要对老虎和犀牛的死亡负责的话,那最终可以指向中国,更不用说那些无数在背上有标价的其他物种。他们活剥狗、猫、浣熊和其他所有热血有情感的动物的皮,这真我觉得恶心。

karen lyons kalmenson
they are slowly but surely moving forward, with coercionfrom animal rights circles

他们速度很慢,但是的确在进步,动物权益组织被压制。

David Daisy May Boldock
Not before time considering they have done this forcenturies

没有考虑过他们这样做已经有几个世纪了。

Southern law girl
Slowly but surely, let us hope!

很慢但是确定(在改善),让我们期盼吧!

karen lyons kalmenson
i need to believe, and with perseverance(sp) we willprevail

我需要坚持信仰,持之以恒,最终我们将获胜。

Hugatreetoday
Hey! I resemble that remark!

嘿!似曾见过那个评论!

Hugatreetoday
Bless those souls in China that are adopting a new attitudeand fighting for animals to be free from man's cruelty. I truly hope that someday we can put an end to human & animal cruelty.

为那些在中国接受新的观念并为遭难动物获得自由而战斗的灵魂祈福!我真的期望有一天,我们能结束对人们和动物残忍的行为。

karen lyons kalmenson
that would be nice in deed!!!

那确实很好,人间成天堂了!!!

发表于 2012-4-1 18:47 | 显示全部楼层
无聊,而且无耻,要是你们那些人都吃素的话再来说闲话。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 05:26 , Processed in 0.035606 second(s), 18 queries , Gzip On.