只需一步,快速开始

查看: 5710|回复: 0

美国pbs关于中国高考的纪录片评论翻译

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-12-17 11:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Yoel Cohen says:
August 13, 2008 at 1:39 am
CHINA PREP
It is no surprise that China with 1.2 billion people did not produce as many inventions for the past 5000 years as United States did in the last 250 years.
Their education system does not allow free thinking or thinking out of the box, it is rigid and memorizing material. China recent economic success comes from cheap labor and time will tell that will not be enough to sustain growth for long time.
The professor from Harvard which was interviewed, after the programed aired, think that the Chinese system is good one,Bill Gates never will hire her to work in his organization.By the way my son was a late bloomer and he is now a Medical doctor.

难怪12亿的中国人过去5000年里的创造没有美国250年的多。
它们的教育系统不允许开放的思维,只是死记硬背。他们现在的经济很成功是因为它们有廉价的劳动力。这种成长方式是不会持久的。
节目末尾的哈佛教授竟然认为中国的教育系统不错,比尔盖茨绝不会雇佣她。顺便说一下我儿子大器晚成,现在他是一名合格的医生!

China Prep should be mandatory “Must See” for every teacher in Louisiana, and I mean every teacher at every grade level.
All American teachers and parents should see this series.
Parents had better wake up to the enormity of the effect (approx. 150 Million) Chinese children today (at the age of fourteen) will have on the world intellectual market after they graduate from college in the year 2017.
This program should be scheduled at least once every month.

路易斯安那州的每一位每个年级老师都应该看一下这部纪录片。所有美国教师,美国家长也应该看。家长会对于这群今年14岁的中国孩子2017年大学毕业后对世界人才市场的极大影响有清楚的认识。

August 13, 2008 at 4:26 pm
This was an interesting program and I think that many students here should watch this and hopefully gain some insight as to what other countries are doing to develop their students at such early age.
But one thing that this program fails to do is what happens next. In my many years of research I found that many Asian countries such as China, South Korea and Japan, it is very tough, if not just about impossible to get into a good University. But once you’re in, just about everyone graduates with minimal studies and as long as you show up for the lectures and do your homework. That’s the way it goes. Here in the U.S., however, getting into a University can be tough but not impossible. The toughest part is graduating from it…

很有趣的节目,我认为大家要看一下,看看别的国家的人对孩子早年的培养。
但是这个纪录片没有说说他们最后怎么样了。我多年的研究发现亚洲许多的国家,中国,韩国,日本他们的一流大学很难考上。但是只要你考上了,只要稍微学习一下,报告去听了,作业按时做了,你就很容易毕业。那就是他们的大学。但是美国这儿,入学没那么难,最难的却是合格毕业。

Tatiana Davis says:
August 19, 2008 at 10:50 pm
Sorry for my English if you see any mistakes. I’m 52 years Ukrainian who live in US 12 yrs and US citizen since 2000. It’s very hard to make a comment to such amaizing programm. Thank you very much for making it. I wish all American would be able to see it. I’d do it mandatory for all schools, and for all parents also. I only would like to say this – when children are very poor and abused, they become an angry adults. When children have all they need and tons more- they become indeferent. There are a thin line in beetwen, I call it a Balance. I saw a great desire to study, to learn, to succeed in life, to break through. And doing it all in very prudent conditions. Sorry to say, but I dont see such desire to learn in American schools.This is a very deep concern and I don’t see it will be address any time soon. I fear instead some people would use all available energy to attack someone who trying to speak common sence.This is very unfortunate, as facts will stay the same,even if you try to ignore them. US kids is not prepare to compete with Chinese kids at all. Yes, I agree, in free market society imagination works much better( only if you have a desire for imagination). I think we are witness a historical breakthrough a whole country of China. Their hard work and desire so great, that some 10-20 years from now no one will be able to compete.My granddaughter is 11 yrs old, and although she is very good student in Ukrainian school now, I don’t see she is ready to compete also.Here we are getting into another deep point- are we really need to full forward so fast? Looking at Japan now, you can only work hard and study hard so much. If your life will become robot like, what the point of that life at all?! As you see, If China will push own people over the limit, then another countries will do the same, what a World we are going to live?? How many T-shirts we need, or new cars, or new mobile phone or ipods? World will be devided on countries who are so ahead and countries who are so behind, like some in African continent, or tribes in Amazonia.Hard to say who is winner and looser here. Who is going to stop and smell roses? And if we will have roses at all or no one will care anymore?!Sorry for so many questions in my comment. The only one thing for sure- we can’t stop China now. Aducational system in place, desire is there. Watch it.Prepare yourself.If you can.I just LOVE PBS!!!

英语不好请大家见谅。我是来美国12年了的乌克兰人(2000年的时候取得公民身份)。这个节目令人惊讶。非常感谢能够制作它。我希望所有美国人都能看看,特别是老师和家长们。我认为——当孩子很贫穷,被压抑时,它们长成愤怒的大人。当他们被娇惯,要什么有什么时,他们变得怪僻。这里有条叫平衡的分界线。我看到它们强烈的学习愿望,想获得成功,想突破困境。他们很稳健。这种精神美国没有,令人担忧,却不会很快改善。相反我觉得一些人会想尽一切办法攻击我们这些只是说出常识的人。真的很不幸,但是即使你想去忽略它,事实也不会改变。美国孩子还没有准备好和中国竞争。
是的,自由市场上想象力更有效。我觉得我们在目睹中国历史性的突破。它们的努力工作,他们成功的愿望如此强,10年到20年内没人比得过。我的孙女11岁,她虽然在乌克兰学校学得很好,也没有准备好这种竞争。

这里深入的想一想,我们挣得需要这么拼命去发展吗?看看现在的日本,你不得不拼命工作拼命学习。如果活得像一个机器人,又有什么意义?如果中国人把自己推到极限,然后另外一个国家也得这样做,那么我们的世界会变成什么样?多少T恤,多少汽车,电话,ipods,如果每个人非要不可,那得多少?世界会两极分化,很难说谁是赢家谁是输家。谁会停下脚步,闻玫瑰香味?有了玫瑰什么都不关心了吗?我的问题有点多,大家别介意。唯一确定的是,我们没有办法阻止中国!它们的系统在运作,学生有强烈的愿望。看着吧,要是可以的话也请充实自己。我简直太喜欢pbs了!!!

J.L. says:
March 16, 2009 at 4:34 am
I agree with Jason. The Higher Education system in the United States is much better than the primary and secondary one. We are also better than the East Asian College Systems. I think the primary reason for that is the *individual* students are held accountable for their own performances — if you don’t make the grades you are out. So the lesson here is that accountability works and competition works.I think the Chinese case is extreme in that it over-emphasizes the results of two entrance exams (because of the limited educational resource available to a poor country with 1.2 billion people all wanting to go to college. They *have to* ration it). And the failings of American education system are that the students are not held to any meaningful academic standards from K-12 and academic excellence is not encourage as much as it should by society. It would be the best to introduce a system that holds the students responsible, not just the teachers and the parents, but the students themselves for their own successes.Generally speaking, I get the sense of a old man who is “fat and lazy” watching young people who are “lean and hungry”. Inspires me to work a little harder and appreciate what I have. But it also scares me just a little knowing that they will be entering the work force in 4-years :)

我同意jason。美国高等教育比中小学教育系统好,也比亚洲的好些。我想首要的原因是作为个体的学生对他们自己的情况完全负责——如果你不及格,你就会出局。所以这儿的课程依赖的是责任和竞争。
我觉得中国极端得强调了入学考试的结果(这是因为这个穷国的12亿人都想入学,但是教育资源很有限,他们不得不分配好资源)。美国的失败之处在于基础教育没有严格的学术质量管理,学术贡献没有被社会足够看重。最好的教育应该是让学生为自己的成功承担责任,而不是父母或老师。
总之我有了与“很胖很懒”的老人看到年轻人热情学习时类似的感受。这鼓舞我稍微努力点,并且珍惜我拥有的。知道他们四年后就要工作了确实吓到了我。

Zhong Xiang says:
September 18, 2009 at 5:32 am
This documentary is amazing, and very touching. It reminds me of my own Gaokao 8 years ago. And I see through it the hard-working people of my country. While as most people of my generation I don’t like our communist government, I see a nation worth my contribution to make it a better place, and 1.3 billion people who I will devote myself to. Thanks to PBS.

令人惊喜的影片!很感人。他让我想起了我8年前的高考。这片子让我看到自己国家努力工作的人。像我这一代大多数中国人一样,我不喜欢我们的攻^c政府,但我看到一个我值得为之努力的国家,和13亿值得奉献的人。谢谢你,pbs。

以下为YOUTUBE评论
YeEun Kim:
i wanna go to school in china! nobody in the states is as serious as me
in school and i feel so  out of place when i get excited to study :(

我想去中国上学!没人在美国像我一样认真学习。当我沉浸于学习时,感到很不
协调啊!:(

zacharyp32:
They get bullied by their parents, teachers, fellow students and
society if they don't do well. It's a  horrible system. Look at Finland

如果学不好的话,会从父母,老师,同学和社会哪里得到恐怖的对待。可怕。芬兰就是这样

zacharyp32:
The parents aren't the issue, it's the system. Look at Finland

和家长没关,是教育系统的问题。看看芬兰

greenpalaka :
this is all the pain that we held with in our teen years just to be
accepted to the elite and to be perfected and most white assed people
treat  us as a joke...

这是我们十几岁时的痛,仅仅是为了被上层接受,为了达到完美,大多数狗屎白
人对待我们--像个笑话一样...

dianapanyaolu:
It's all very nice to talk abou this from your perspective. but it does
not represent the truth. the 'real' world is a different place for
different people. Man, the only thing you have better than those people
are you might be born in a place there is no need for craving success.
coz every body could live on government benefits. I don't think there's
anything wrong of craving for success. empower yourself,  before you
craving about 'saving the world'. lol~~~~

从自己的经历去看问题没有问题,但是这不代表事实就是这样。“真实”的世界
因人而异。伙计,你比这些渴求成功的人唯一幸运的是你不用如此,每个人都能
依靠政府福利过活。我不认为渴求成功有什么错。想拯救世界?武装自己lol~~~~
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 03:56 , Processed in 0.040598 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.