查看: 6446|回复: 41

【09.05.09 澳大利亚时代报】穿越一场地震的旅途

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-14 12:04 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 I'm_zhcn 于 2009-5-15 06:26 编辑

【原文标题】Journey through an earthquake
【中文标题】穿越一场地震的旅途
【登载媒体】澳大利亚时代报  The Age
【来源地址】http://www.theage.com.au/world/journey-through-an-earthquake-20090508-axyo.html
【译者】rlsrls08
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-164459-1-1.html
【译文】

Journey through an earthquake
John Garnaut, Beichuan  May 9, 2009

穿越一场地震的旅途 2009年5月9日

IT'S nearly a year since the mountains on each side of Beichuan sheared in half, spilling like a sandcastle over the southern corner of the town and pounding the northern streets with boulders. In a few short minutes, the town of 20,000 people was battered to a tangled mess of apartment block detritus, flattened buses and bodies squashed like insects.

北川两侧的山峦从中裂开,像沙堡那样碎裂跌落到县城南部一角,巨石冲击北部的街道。在短短几分钟,这个2万人口的城镇被打碎成一个由房屋废墟,压扁的公共汽车和挤压得像昆虫的尸体组成的乱糟糟的混合物,距离那个时候,已经将近一年了。

The thousand voices that once pleaded for help from within twisted buildings have long since fallen silent. At least half of the population is dead. But this mass graveyard has been cleansed and the primordial scale of this catastrophe is clearer.

从变形的建筑物中发出的成千上万求助的声音早已沉寂。至少有一半的人口死了。但是,这个大型墓地已被清理干净,这场灾难的原始规模已被清除。

The more elevated roads have been cleared by bulldozers, while the mangled lower streets have been blanketed with metres of dirt after torrential rains. Glacial rivers of mud and rock are swallowing the city— from the ground up, as if completing the burial the earthquake had begun.

推土机推出了更好的道路,而面目全非的低地势街道被暴雨后几米深的泥土覆盖。冷冰冰的河流携带泥沙和岩石吞咽了城市,从下往上,仿佛完成了由地震开始的埋葬。

During every birthday, festival and anniversary, a humble and quietly spoken man called Zheng Rentian pays his respects by driving his little van to the hillside that buried his father and 10 relatives who were dining together when the quake hit. He burns candles, incense and paper money in their honour and lights strings of firecrackers to ward off mischievous spirits.

在每一个生日,节日和纪念日,郑任田(音译),一个谦虚安静的人,驾驶他的小面包车来到埋葬着他父亲和10名亲属的山坡拜祭。他为他们烧蜡烛,香和纸钱,点燃鞭炮驱鬼。他父亲和10名亲属一起吃饭时地震发生了。

Zheng, pronounced "Tsen" in this corner of Sichuan province, slows his van as he passes Beichuan Middle School. Zheng's nephew had shot out the door to safety when he felt the first pieces of ceiling strike his skin.

郑,在四川发音为“曾”,当他通过北川中学时减缓车速。郑的侄子当时感到天花板掉下一块碎片打到身上,便冲出大门求生。

Parents of the 600 students who were killed say the building was yet another shoddy school made of "tofu" cement and steel. The school is the only building in the area that has its own security fence; it was erected last year to prevent any repeat of the "incident" in which grieving parents gathered and posted noticeboard photos of their missing sons.

600名死难学生的父母说学校是“豆腐渣”工程之一。这所学校是该地区唯一建有安全围栏的建筑,围栏是去年盖起来的,为了防止再次发生悲痛的父母们聚集在一起和张贴失踪孩子照片的“事件”。

Zheng eases his van past a long line of vendors selling earthquake tourist memorabilia. He gets out, flashes his residence card at a new gate and security fence decked with razor wire, and descends by foot to the main Beichuan town below.

郑减缓车速,开过很长一段出售地震旅游纪念品的小贩摊位。他下车,在一个新的缠着铁丝网的安全栅栏门亮了一下证件,并步行下到北川县城。

The Beichuan of Zheng's memory is a mangled collage of miracles, resilience and wretched misery.

在郑的记忆里,北川是一个奇迹,弹性和悲惨苦难组成的变形拼盘。

Both of Zheng's parents were out of the house at 2.28pm on Monday, May 12, 2008, when their village disappeared. Zheng stops to show us the missing mountainside, and debates with a bystander about where the village used to be.

在星期一,2008年5月12号下午2点28分整个村庄消失时,郑的父母不在家。郑停下来指给我们看消失的山坡,和旁观者辩论这个地方曾经是什么样子的。

"My mother was one step away from a falling rock that would have killed her," he says. "My father was in a restaurant below — underneath where that tree is sticking out. My eleven relatives at that table and a thousand other people would still be here today if that mountain had not collapsed on them."

“少走一步我母亲就被掉下来的岩石砸死了。”他说。 “我父亲在下面一家餐馆里头,就在下面那棵树伸出的地方。我家11个亲属坐在一桌吃饭,如果山没有倒塌,他们和其他1000人到今天还活着。”

For the Chinese Communist Party, the Sichuan earthquake that left 70,000 people dead and 18,000 missing was a chance to show how it had evolved from its cruel and callous past. On May 14 last year, at the top of the descent into Beichuan town, Age sources watched a megaphone-wielding Premier Wen Jiabao providing a style of responsive and humane leadership that Chinese people may have never known before. Today, residents spontaneously thank the central Government for its help and say how leaders have not forgotten them.

对中国共产党而言,造成7万人死亡,1万8千人失踪的四川大地震,是一个显示它不再象过去那样残酷和无情的机会。去年5月14日,在北川县城的坡上,本报消息人士看到挥舞着扩音器的温家宝总理显示了中国人可能从未见识过的,反应迅速和具有人情味的领导人的风格。如今,居民自发地感谢中央政府的帮助,并表示领导人没有忘记他们。

The Government has channelled vast resources into reconstruction. Obliterated mountain roads have been re-laid. Damaged dams have been reinforced. Adequate temporary housing has been provided. Peasants in remote corners of the county are busily rebuilding. There are no signs that earthquake victims lack for food or shelter. The local economy appears to be booming.

政府已调拨大量资源投入到重建工作。彻底毁坏的山路已重新铺砌。损坏的堤坝得到了加固。提供足够的临时住房。偏远地区的农民正忙着重建。目前没有迹象表明地震灾民缺乏食物或住所。当地经济看起来蓬勃发展。

But the earthquake has also revealed how far China is from the nation it wants to be. On May 14 and 15, The Age watched People's Liberation Army soldiers loitering aimlessly and helping themselves to goods looted from shattered shops, while the cries of trapped citizens rang out from buildings nearby.

但是,地震也显示了中国距离其他国家的期望有多远。 5月14日和15日,本报记者看到解放军士兵漫无目的游荡和从摇摇欲坠的商店抢劫物品,而同时附近建筑物下被困的市民在呼救。

Of the tens of thousands of soldiers in Beichuan in the days after the quake, the only ones we saw raise a sweat were a dozen who jostled in front of Premier Wen as they rushed to an imaginary rescue for the benefit of the China Central Television camera.

地震之后几天数以万计的士兵在北川,我们唯一看到出汗了的士兵是在中央电视台摄像头前,簇拥着总理温家宝,假装紧急前往救援的那十几个。

All of the rescues we witnessed were by local volunteers or orange-suited firefighters from far corners of the country. Thousands died who should have been saved. And yet CCTV has played endless slow-motion footage of heroic soldiers at the service of the common people. For many in the Communist Party, the tragedy was primarily a propaganda opportunity.

所有我们目睹的救援工作都是由当地的志愿者或穿橙色制服来自其他城市的消防队员完成的。死去的几千人本应该获救。然而,中央电视台不停地播放英勇士兵抢救普通百姓的慢动作镜头。对于共产党来说,悲剧首先是一个宣传机会。

At times of stress, the party's overriding instinct is to protect itself. The state revealed deeply rooted callousness and insecurity as it treated grieving parents as national security threats to be bought, intimidated and silenced, while airbrushing discussion from local websites and media.

紧张时期,共产党的压倒一切的本能反应是保护自己。把悲痛的父母当作国家安全的威胁,用收买,恐吓和压制的方式处理,同时粉饰网上论坛和媒体,这个国家显示了根深蒂固的冷漠和不安全感。

Shoddy schools are the most visible public grievance but not the only one. In Beichuan county, the Government has appropriated land to make it easier to rebuild from scratch. But residents are refusing to sign compensation agreements because they have watched work-team and village leaders siphon funds and trade favours with other rich and powerful residents. Animosity is channelled to local officials, but it is Beijing that has chosen to preserve China's vast pyramid of unchecked administrative power.

伪劣学校是公众怨恨最明显的,但不是唯一的。在北川县,政府已拨出土地,从零开始重建。但居民拒绝签署赔偿协议,因为他们看到工作组和乡村领导人侵吞资金和私下交易,有利于其他有钱有权的居民。人民仇恨地方官员,但北京选择了维护中国非经选举产生的,巨大的权力金字塔。

Reconstruction is proceeding at impressive speed, but officials can't seem to shake their instincts for pantomime and deception.

重建以令人印象深刻的速度进展着,但官员们似乎没有减弱他们装聋作哑和欺骗的本能。

Five weeks ago, locals heard that Premier Wen Jiabao was likely to return for Tuesday's anniversary. Thousands of workers were immediately enlisted to widen and beautify the highway from Mianyang Airport. The roadside is being lined with instant grass and potted with fully grown trees, while workers add final touches of paint to the road-facing walls of newly built homes.

5个星期前,当地官员听说温家宝总理可能会在星期二地震周年纪念日到北川。几千名工人被招集起来拓宽和美化绵阳机场到北川的高速公路。路边铺上草皮和树栽,工人在朝向公路的新建房屋墙上刷油漆,做最后的修补。

Neat "model" villages, designed in the local Qiang ethnic style, dot the flat land that can be easily seen from the tinted windows of a passing cavalcade.

按当地羌族风格设计的,整齐的“样板”式村庄,点缀着平坦的土地,通过的车队透过贴膜的车窗可以很容易地看到。

Beichuan remains unoccupied as officials debate whether to turn it into a museum. Inside the gates, Zheng Rentian guides us through the town that he remembers.

北川县城目前没人居住,地方官员正在讨论是否把它变成一个纪念馆。在大门内,郑任田带领我们穿过他记得的城区。

On the right, utterly obscured by a rock-slide, was the car wash where Zheng used to clean his van. All of the workers ran out to open ground when they heard the mountain crumbling above them and none of them was killed.

在右边被滑落的岩石完全掩盖了的地方,是郑以前常光顾的洗车厂。听到山坡崩溃的声音,所有的工人都跑到空旷地带,没有人被打死。

On the left, through an ornamental Chinese gate, was the bus depot and vegetable market. We overhear a mother telling her young daughter how a crowd had rushed out only be obliterated by boulders hurtling from the other direction.

在左边装饰华丽的中国式大门之后,是公共汽车站和菜市场。我们听到一位母亲告诉她年幼的女儿,冲出来的人们如何被从另外一个方向飞来的巨石砸中。

"When I arrived, at 4pm on May 12, I saw about 100 corpses lying here, with their skulls smashed and limbs severed by falling boulders," Zheng says.

“5月12日下午4时我到这里,看到了约100具尸体,他们的头颅和四肢被掉下的巨石捣烂。 ”郑说。

One survivor was Zheng's niece, Zheng Juhong, who had been trapped inside her mobile phone stall. She knew no one would come that evening.

一名幸存者是郑的外甥女郑君红(音),她被困在移动电话摊档。她知道当天晚上不会有人来。

"I just hugged myself tightly against the aftershocks and cried out for my mother a few times," she says.

“我只是紧紧地拥抱自己抵抗余震,大声喊了几次妈妈。 ”她说。

In the morning, she heard people outside rescue someone else in the building next to her. But they could not hear her cries. Later, two soldiers heard her and pushed through a piece of pipe to provide fresh drinking water. She pleaded with them not to go. But they explained: "Without orders from above we cannot start that kind of rescue."

到了早上,她听到外面有人在救援旁边建设物中的人。但他们听不到她的哭声。后来,两名士兵听到她,他们推开一块管道,给她新鲜的饮用水。她恳求他们不要走开。但他们解释说: “没有上面的命令我们无法救你。”

Later two volunteers came, one of whom she recognised, and they worked for eight hours with two firefighters, without a break, until they hauled her out late on Wednesday night.

后来来了两个志愿者,其中一人她认识,他们和两个消防队员不间断地工作了8个小时,直到星期三晚上把她救了出来。

At the centre of town we pass the other campus of Beichuan Middle School, where officials sent their children. The school was obliterated by a rock-slide and 1000 children lost their lives.

在市中心我们通过北川中学另外一个校园,那里是官员送自己的孩子去上学的地方。这所学校被下滑的岩石摧毁,1000名孩子丧生。

Workers are now focusing their efforts on building a memorial ground, erecting huge political banners and steel support frames for tilted buildings, which will soon provide a moving backdrop for when visiting leaders front the cameras on Tuesday.

工人们正集中力量建设一个纪念馆,架设巨大的政治标语和建筑物钢筋框架,当星期二领导人(温家宝)来访时,这个建筑物将提供一个移动背景,供领导人站在前头让记者照相。

Zheng Rentian points out the crushed bakery shop where his ever-smiling sister used to work. He had assumed she had been killed. But his sister, Zheng Xiaobi, had in fact being delivering bread to a nearby town and had miraculously survived.

郑任田指给我们看一个损坏的面包铺,那是他老是笑嘻嘻的妹妹郑小碧(音)过去工作的地方。他当时以为她死了。但是她碰巧送货到附近的城镇,并奇迹般地幸存下来。

"I was hurrying back across the river on my motorbike when the bridge started wavering so hard I could hardly balance," she says. "A crack opened up in front of me and I accelerated to try and get across. Two old people were walking the other way towards me. I could see their faces as they screamed and I felt myself falling."

她说:“我骑着摩托车匆忙往回赶,过河时桥梁开始摇晃得很厉害,我几乎没法保持平衡。 一条开口的裂缝横在我前面,我加速试图越过去。两个老人在对面走,我看到他们尖叫,然后我觉得自己往下掉。 ”

She doesn't know how she survived the 20-metre fall with a collapsing bridge, without a helmet. When she regained consciousness she heard the old man grieving for his friend. She tried to help but her ribs were broken and she couldn't move.

她不知道她如何活下来的,桥梁倒塌了,她往下掉了20米,还没有戴头盔。当她苏醒过来,她听到老人在哀悼他的朋友。她想帮他,但她的肋骨断了,动不了。

Zheng Xiaobi now works at a new bakery in nearby Anchang town. It was her son (Zheng Rentian's nephew) who had survived the school collapse above the town. He lost 50 of 70 classmates. Whenever he feels a tremor, he runs outside, and often he refuses to sleep indoors.

郑小碧目前在附近安昌镇一个新的面包店里头工作。那个从倒塌的学校跑出来幸存的人是她的儿子(郑任田的侄子)。他失去了70个同学中的50个。每当他感到震颤,他就往外跑,而且他拒绝在屋里睡觉。

Zheng Xiaobi has come to see herself as lucky. "I was someone who loved to laugh and smile," she says. "I lost my smile for half a year, but now I'm coming back to normal."

郑小碧觉得自己很幸运。 她说:“我是个爱笑的人,(地震后)有半年时间我没笑,但现在我恢复了正常。 ”

John Garnaut is China correspondent.

作者John Garnaut是驻中国通讯员。

--------------

该记者同一篇新闻:
http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-164302-1-1.html
不情愿的中国地震小明星走上中央舞台

基调差不多。

相关信息见 #11 #12

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-5-14 12:20 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 I'm_zhcn 于 2009-5-15 06:24 编辑

我操他妈的
澳大利亚最近反华成狂了

这种满嘴喷粪的报道,这种记者也能驻中国?
应该驱逐出境

-----------------------斑竹提示语----------------------

请注意用语文明
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 12:58 | 显示全部楼层
但是,地震也显示了中国距离其他国家的期望有多远。 5月14日和15日,本报记者看到解放军士兵漫无目的游荡和从摇摇欲坠的商店抢劫物品,而同时附近建筑物下被困的市民在呼救。
--------------------------
你说中国没人权没自由,我还能理解,毕竟你的偏见也不是一天两天了
可是居然说解放军抢劫!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 13:03 | 显示全部楼层
是个人都能看出来前半段和后半段内容严重不符。
刚开始还以为碰到个有大脑的,没想到还是个NC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 13:09 | 显示全部楼层
哇,凭想象写的吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 13:53 | 显示全部楼层
应该驱逐出境,永远不准进入中国……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 14:30 | 显示全部楼层
没看下去.因为太垃圾了.应该把这记者列为不受欢迎人物.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 15:14 | 显示全部楼层
这也太丑化解放军了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 15:50 | 显示全部楼层
确实该永远驱逐出境。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 15:51 | 显示全部楼层

------------------------

看到这里我已经认为没有必要再看下去了,能够把新闻当小说来写的人真是应该逐出新闻队伍,真是为那些士兵不值。起初我认为,他看到的可能是穿着迷彩的当地人被他误认为解放军,可是在那种环境下,当地人也会参与到救灾当中的。所以可以肯定他是捏造的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 15:59 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 16:02 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 I'm_zhcn 于 2009-5-15 06:29 编辑

以下内容转自:澳洲最大报纸居然如此评价四川地震
http://dzh.mop.com/mainFrame.jsp?url=http://dzh.mop.com/topic/readSub_9628113_0_0.html

澳洲留学生都知道,The Age是澳洲影响力最大的两家社会性质的报纸之一.就在今天,The Age网站头条报导是John Garnaut(不知道是什么人)在北京写的关于四川地震的评论.当我看完整篇报导后,气愤难奈,终于明白中国是怎样被妖魔化的了.

这篇报导开头是说记者(John Garnaut,以下简称记者)在飞机上巧遇去中央台参加四川地震周年祭的Xiao Yawen和她妈妈(相信大家还记得这张广为流传的照片,Xiao就是照片里那个小孩子,而这张照片也附在这篇报导旁边).通过聊天,Xiao的妈妈告诉记者,她们并不想去北京参加CCXV的活动,但是CCXV一直邀请,就只有去了.还说,她们不想从上飞机就穿着少数民族的服装,供大家拍照,这样让她们很不高兴.而关于那张照片,Xiao的妈妈说当时并不像网上所流传xiao被战士Sheng Yufeng所救,只是这名战士报起Xiao时正好被人所拍下此照片,她们并没有什么需要感谢这些战士.(可能翻译的不太准确,原文是Ms Yang said her daughter had no special story, nor did the soldier with the nicest smile. "We weren't injured,"she said. "On May 13 soldiers were taking the healthy survivors through old Beichuan town. One of the soldierspicked her up — the photograph looked like a rescue, but it wasn't — I don't really have much to thank themfor.")

接着,记者在报导里说中国XX军里有很多关于无私英雄救国救民的历史,但大部分,好像雷锋一样,都是由Communistparty的宣传部门所编造出来的.(此段原文为The People's Liberation Army has a history of legendary soldiers who fought floods, plugged oil wells with their own bodies and performed other selfless acts to protect the nation and capture the hearts of the masses. Typically these heroes, like Lei Feng in the 1960s, were created by the Communist Party's Propaganda Department.)

报导里最后说,其实在最为关键的震后早期,大部分士兵们并没有参与救灾工作.而记者采访到的一名战士说,在救灾时遇到一名濒临死亡边缘的受困女灾民,他没有救,因为他接到的命令说不许他救她.(原文为The Age quoted a soldier who said he left a trapped survivor for dead and said his orders did not permit him to rescue her. She was subsequently rescued by local volunteers and firefighters.)

看完整篇报导,我气愤万分,冷静思考一下,我有如下观点:
1.我并不想维护某party,也不知道关于报导里的事情真假,但在全世界都在为一年前的地震及灾民而默哀的时候,为何要将焦点聚集在这些所谓的负面新闻上?

2. 地震里一定有数不清的感人事迹,哪怕这张照片里的女孩并不是为这名战士所救,又有什么关系?被救出来的孩子,大人,还少吗?难道所有照片都是假的?如此暗示某party炒作,岂不是以管窥豹,以偏盖全??再说,这些照片都是网民自发在网上流传,谁又说是某party炒作?此一来,澳洲人民难免对地震前后的情况有所误解.中国又被妖魔化!

3.我不相信孩子的妈妈会说出并没有要感谢谁这样的话.就算她们不是为这名战士所救,也一定受到了别的战士的照顾,难道她们没有一丝感激之情,报恩之心,反而说出这么无情的话? 我不知道她们怎样表达的,但我相信该记者有断章取义之嫌!

4.我不清楚文中所提到的不救人的战士接到的是什么样的命令,但我相信,就算真有命令不让救人,也一定是有它的原因在,比如说救了这名女灾民,整栋房子会塌,压死更多人?? 我坚信,没有人会拿生命开玩笑.

5.作为澳洲影响力最大的报纸,为何轻易让这种政治意图过于明显的文章登上头条? 我相信一定未经考证!!!

6.千不该,万不该,不该拿灾区的人与事来做为抨击的武器.

PS:本人情绪激动,词不达意,请大家见谅.由于第一次发贴,我也不知道这贴应该放在哪,请版主见谅.

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 16:05 | 显示全部楼层
这个记者实在太过份了,有没有人能发起人肉搜索,把他赶出中国,这种满嘴谎言的记者不要也罢。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 16:12 | 显示全部楼层
但是,地震也显示了中国距离其他国家的期望有多远。 5月14日和15日,本报记者看到解放军士兵漫无目的游荡和从摇摇欲坠的商店抢劫物品,而同时附近建筑物下被困的市民在呼救。-----------------------------4 H3 M) {7 w  e& B* N+ 这个澳大利亚**(男)记者真是深刻体现了婊子无情啊,什么话都可以说,只要他愿意。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 16:39 | 显示全部楼层
什么叫诋毁,中国政府和军队又被人射了一谣言之箭头.
中国军队的纪律是西方人永远不能了解的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 18:01 | 显示全部楼层
他们国家的士兵在发生灾害时就是这么干的,所以原文作者以为全天下的士兵都是如此~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 19:26 | 显示全部楼层
这样也能当记者,完全是凭空想象,真够黑的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 19:49 | 显示全部楼层
不怕上帝惩罚他
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 20:45 | 显示全部楼层
这个记者也就是个垃圾而已。。。记者的职业道德一点没有。真不知道澳大利亚怎么会有这样的记者!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 20:53 | 显示全部楼层
“中国人可能从未见识过的,反应迅速和具有人情味的领导人的风格。”
温家宝不过是跟周总理处理邢台地震时学的,澳洲人太没见识。

后面提到军队就更是带着根深蒂固的偏见,而且这记者大概不知道中国的消防官兵也是军队系统的……
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 15:24 , Processed in 0.045809 second(s), 21 queries , Gzip On.