只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3259|回复: 13

[请大家支持]陈冲在华盛顿邮报撰文:Let the Games Go On!

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-4-10 11:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
2008-04-10 on 04:49

By Joan Chen

Wednesday, April 9, 2008; A19

I was born in Shanghai in 1961 and grew up during the Cultural Revolution. During my childhood, I saw my family lose our house. My grandfather, who studied medicine in England, committed suicide after he was wrongly accused of being a counterrevolutionary and a foreign spy.

Those were the worst of times.

Since the Cultural Revolution ended in the late 1970s, however, I have witnessed unimaginable progress in China. Changes that few ever thought possible have occurred in a single generation. A communist government that had no ties to the West has evolved into a more open government eager to join the international community.

A state-controlled economy has morphed into a market economy, greatly raising people's standard of living. It's clear that the majority of the Chinese people enjoy much fuller, more abundant lives today than 30 years ago. Though much remains to be done, the Chinese government has made rapid progress in opening up and trying to be part of the international community.
Last month I went to China and spent four weeks visiting Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong and Chengdu. The people I met and spoke with are proud and excited about the Beijing Games. They believe that the Olympics are a wonderful opportunity to showcase modern China to the rest of the world. Like many Americans, most Chinese people are disturbed by the recent events in Tibet. But after watching the scenes of violence and arson by the rioters, the Chinese believe that the government is doing the right thing in cracking down to restore order.

The Olympic torch is in California and is to be carried through San Francisco today. In a resolution criticizing China, Chris Daly, a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, said that demonstrating against the torch relay would "provide the people of San Francisco with a lifetime opportunity to help 1.3 billion Chinese people gain more freedom and rights." To his credit, Mayor Gavin Newsom did not sign Daly's resolution.

This statement could not be further from reality. For one thing, the Chinese are a proud people. They want freedom and greater rights, but they know they must fight for them from within. They know that no one can grant them freedom and rights from afar. The stigma of Western imperialism and the Opium Wars also remains a strong reminder of the past, and Chinese people do not want their domestic policies to be dictated by outside powers. They also do not want the United States to boycott the opening ceremonies of the Games. The U.S. boycott of the 1980 Games in Moscow and the Soviet boycott of the 1984 Olympics in Los Angeles accomplished nothing. A U.S. boycott of the opening ceremonies in Beijing would be counterproductive for relations between the two countries.

For decades, anti-China human rights groups in Washington have spent millions of dollars denouncing China. To many Chinese, it seems that this lobby is the only voice that's acceptable or newsworthy in the U.S. media and to the U.S. government. But times are changing. We need to be open-minded and farsighted. We need to make more friends than enemies. Remember what a little ping-pong game did for Sino-U.S. relations in the 1970s? Let's celebrate the Olympics for what the Games are meant to be -- a bridge for friendship, not a playground for politics.

The writer is an actress and director. She became a U.S. citizen in 1989.

一九六一年我在上海出生,并在文化大革命期间长大。在童年时代,我目睹了自家的流
    离失所。我的祖父曾经在英国学医,(也)在被错判为**和外国间谍后而自杀身亡。

没有比这个更坏的时期了。

但是,自从七十年代末文化大革命结束以来,我亲身经历了中国翻天覆地的变化。对于
    这些变化,没有人能想象过会在仅仅一代人中就发生了。一个跟西方不相干的共产党政
    府,已经变成一个更加开放的政府,并且期待着加入到国际社会中来。

(中国的)国营经济已经蜕变成市场经济,并且大大提高了人民的生活水平。相对于三
    十年前,很清楚的是,今天绝大多数的中国人享受了更充分,更富足的生活。 尽管还
    有更多的要做,但是中国政府在对外开放和融入国际社会中已经大大进步许多。

就在上个月,我用了四个星期去了中国的上海,北京,香港和成都。对于北京奥运会,
    我所遇见的中国人都很自豪也很兴奋。他们相信奥运会是一个很绝好的机会来向世界展
    示一个现代中国。正如许多美国民众一样,大多数的中国民众也为最近在西藏发生的事
    件而不安。但是,在观看了骚乱分子的焚烧和暴力行为之后,中国民众相信政府做了一
    件正确的事情,那就是平息骚乱恢复社会秩序。

奥运火炬已经到了加州,今天还要在旧金山传递接力。在一项批评中国的议案中,旧金
    山市监察局的克里斯-戴里,声称对火炬接力的抗议会“为旧金山民众提供一个一生中
    难得的机会来帮助十三亿中国人获得自由和权利”。好在葛温-纽森市长并没有签署这
    项决议案。

这项决议案罔顾现实。首先,中国民众是自豪的民众。他们想要自由和更多的权利,但
    是他们知道这些必须从自己内部争取。他们知道没有人能平白赠与这些自由和权利。过
    去西方帝国主义和鸦片战争所遗留的阴影仍然还在,中国民众不需要自己的国内政策被
    外部政权干涉。他们也不希望美国抵制奥运会开幕式。一九八零年的美国抵制莫斯科奥
    运会和一九八四年的苏联抵制洛杉矶奥运会根本没有用。美国对北京开幕式的抵制只能
    会对两国关系不利。

几十年来,**人权组织在华盛顿花费上百万美金来诋毁中国。对很多中国人来说,这
    些游说只是为了赚取美国新闻媒体和美国政府的眼球。但是,时代不同了。我们需要开
    放思想并放长眼光。我们需要交更多的朋友而不是制造更多的敌人。还记得一个小小的
    乒乓球比赛为中美关系在七十年代做的(贡献)?让我们来庆贺奥运会作为一个运动会
    应该成为的 -- 一条友谊的桥梁,而不是一个政治的竞技场。

请大家有能力的去下面这个链接里面支持陈冲,和藏独辩论!不管她的背景如何复杂,在这个关键时刻,我们需要所有的声音!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/08/AR2008040802907_pf.html
发表于 2008-4-10 12:13 | 显示全部楼层
我能力不够,不能用英语表达思想。
顶一下,让有能力的代表过去
发表于 2008-4-10 12:46 | 显示全部楼层
陈冲写的很好,支持!!
发表于 2008-4-10 19:22 | 显示全部楼层
只要是维护祖国统一,维护祖国尊严的事,我们都支持.
发表于 2008-4-11 05:07 | 显示全部楼层
我頂,陳沖好樣的。
发表于 2008-4-11 08:08 | 显示全部楼层
继续顶,这个链接的网页可够慢的,坚持。
发表于 2008-4-11 08:24 | 显示全部楼层
支持陈冲,始终保持中国心
发表于 2008-4-11 08:27 | 显示全部楼层
我来贴图 转载文字麻烦:)
陈冲发言1.jpg
陈冲发言2.jpg
发表于 2008-4-11 19:08 | 显示全部楼层
支持她!中国加油!!!!!!
发表于 2008-4-11 21:10 | 显示全部楼层
支持陈冲,支持祖国的统一
发表于 2008-4-11 21:14 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 tgby1222 于 11-4-2008 05:07 发表 我頂,陳沖好樣的。
顶!
发表于 2008-4-11 21:48 | 显示全部楼层
陈冲大姐你说的很好,虽然以前国内媒体对你评价有失公允,但是你最终展示了你真美的一面。
头像被屏蔽
发表于 2008-4-11 23:06 | 显示全部楼层
the change in china is great and fast. i have been in singapore for my further study only for 4 years, but when i came back to my hometown which is in the north part of china, i have to say i was a little surpirsed about how great the changes are and how well it is being developed.

the government in china has try their best to improve their people's life. A lot of politics are set up for improving the economic in XiZang. Tibet-XiZang is always part of China. it is a fact that nobody can deny.
what's more, the politics should be linked with Olympics. who linked the politics to Olympics? It is not China! I am so sad to see what happened in England and France. It is a shame for them to treat Olympics in this way.

Olymipics is a great event for the whole world, just let it go on, Beijing Welcome the world to come and find the truth by themselves.

刚刚过去留言了
发表于 2008-4-15 22:47 | 显示全部楼层
支持陈冲,始终保持中国心
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 14:17 , Processed in 0.364058 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.