只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2888|回复: 14

[08.11.24 McCLATCHY博]美记者走访达兰萨拉——印度的“小拉萨”

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-11-25 12:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
【原文标题】India's 'Little Lhasa'
【中文标题】印度的“小拉萨”
【登载媒体】China Rises
【来源地址】http://washingtonbureau.typepad.com/china/2008/11/indias-little-lhasa.html#comments
【译者】荡漾
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,转载请注明译者及出处,谢谢!
【作者简介】
Tim Johnson,2003年9月起负责McClatchy北京分部,此前在美国有14年工作经验,偏重美国对拉丁美洲的外交政策,在McClatchy写有名为'China Rises'的博客。

【译文】
6a00d83451c64169e20105361c2a7e970c-500wi.jpg

沿着印度达兰萨拉的山区车站那条路向上就会到达人们熟知的McLeodganj,也就是流亡藏人政府的总部所在地。

它也是国际游客的旅游目的地,夹裹在梳着结辫的发型、裹着披肩,颇具印度“阿曼”特色的西方背包客人流中漫步,除了瑜珈室、提供烹饪课程的露天厨房外随处可见供应拿铁和提供网络服务的咖啡馆。

曾经有段时间因为居住于此的流亡藏人之多这里被称作“小拉萨”。隐藏于喧闹之中的一家大寺院的门背后就是最为闻名的藏传佛教徒最为尊崇的领袖——达赖喇嘛。

这里很多建筑物上空飘扬着藏独旗帜,空气中散发着一种奇怪的小的国际首府的味道,尽管并无任何相关领土统治存在。

6a00d83451c64169e20105361c2b4b970c-250wi.jpg        Nowrojee家族拥有可能是这里最为古老的店铺,位处于主要的公交车站。店铺上的招牌写着成立时间——1860年。当时这个地方是个山区车站,英国人借以躲避印度北部平原的酷热。

店铺的主人之一Parvez Nowrojee说:“我在这里长大的时候,它只是一个没什么人居住的小镇”“这里也没什么旅游业,人们都去克什米尔”。

达赖喇嘛20世纪60年代来到这里,但是McLeodganj直到80年代才开始热闹起来,克什米尔由于麻烦不断导致旅游业受挫。

这里的游客来自世界各地,有人为研学佛教而来,有人为登山而来,也有人为与独特的西藏气息心灵感应而来。

Nowrojee说:“这个地方在国际地图上占有一席之地”。

有很多年轻人来自同一个特别的国家。

Nowrojee说:“目前很多人是从以色列来的”“很多很多以色列人,他们只为寻找一个庇护所,并非研学佛教。事实上这里有个笑话广为人知:这里有如此多以色列人,是时候准备个拉比了”。

因为居住于此的西藏人为数众多这里一度以“小拉萨”而扬名。

Nowrojee说:“我们印度人站出来宣称‘最好不要这样做,因为我们不想它仅仅成为一个拉萨,这块土地是我们的’”。

Phil Void是美国人,长期居住在此,是一个佛教专家,留着长长的灰黑胡子,了解这里究竟发生了多大的变化。

他回忆说:“以前这里没有出租车”“寺庙和藏书室之间就是羊肠小道而已”。

猴子在镇上窜来窜去。昨天下午我正走在从寺院出来的路上,一只大猴子重重地从一棵松树上跳下来穿过了马路,朝着两只狗嗷嗷乱叫。我环顾了周围看到一只小猴子死在路边。很显然狗把小猴子给弄死了,激怒了母猴。

现在有好几千流亡藏人住在此地,但是并非所有人都真切感受到这里是他们的家。

我和Tenzin Losel聊了一会,和许多西藏人一样,他希望这里不会成为永远的家,他想回到西藏。

Losel说:“我觉得我不过是车站上的一个过客。火车随时都会开,我从未感觉过安定”。

【读者评论】

It wasn't "in the early 1960s" that the Dalai Lama arrived in Dharamsala. It was in the year 1960s when the Indian government settled him there, after his temporary residence in another Himalayan station had followed his arrival in India in April 1959.
Posted by: Henry Bradsher | November 24, 2008 at 09:10 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        不是20世纪60年代初期达赖喇嘛到达兰萨拉,而是印度政府在60年代将达赖喇嘛安置到那里的那一年。1959年4月他到达印度后在另一个藏区短暂住过一段时间。

Who paved the road in Dharamsala? Who provided policing? Where is the money from? I'm interested in the political economy of Dharamsala.
Posted by: otoh | November 24, 2008 at 03:18 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        达兰萨拉的路是谁铺的?谁负责维持秩序?钱从哪里来?我对达兰萨拉的政治经济感兴趣。

Dharamsala has been around for ages. It existed before the Dalai Lama arrived. It's a pre-established town, that has much going on beyond the Dalai Lama's presence (though that is important also). It is developed and administered as most other towns are, through Indian/local funding. It has its own market and local shops & markets that give it a thriving economy. Thank goodness China and its influence is kept out of there.
Tibet needs a lifeline to survive the Chinese occupation. Dharamsala is that lifeline.
Posted by: Odin Tengse | November 24, 2008 at 07:41 PM
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        达兰萨拉存在好多年啦,在达赖喇嘛来之前就存在了。它是个早已建立的小镇,其意义不仅仅因为达赖喇嘛来到(尽管这也很重要)。和许多镇一样,它在印度/本地资金的支持下发展和接受管理,它有自己的市场和本地的商店、市集,经济蒸蒸日上。感谢上帝这里不需要中国及其影响。

西藏需要救命稻草才能在中国的统治下存活,达兰萨拉就是那根救命稻草。

【原文】
Just up the road from the hill station of Dharamsala, India, is a settlement known as McLeodganj. It is the headquarters of the Tibetan government-in-exile.

It’s also on the international travelers’ circuit, and a visitor strolling around town crosses paths with many Western backpackers with dreadlocks and shawls bearing the Hindu symbol for “Om.” The settlement is full of coffee bars offering lattes and internet cafes, as well as yoga studios and open air kitchens offering cooking courses.

There was a time that the settlement was called “Little Lhasa” because the number of Tibetan exiles living here. Behind a main temple is the hidden compound is the most famous of them, the Dalai Lama, the most revered leader of the Tibetan Buddhists.

Fluttering above many buildings here is the Free Tibet flag, and the place has the quaint air of a tiny international capital, although there is no territory to rule.

Probably the oldest store in McLeodganj belongs to the Nowrojee family. It is at the main bus stop. The sign above the entrance notes that it was established in 1860, back when the region was a hill station for British seeking to escape the heat of the northern Indian plains.

“When I grew up here, it was a sparsely populated town,” Parvez Nowrojee, one of the proprietors of the store, tells me. “It did not have much tourism because Kashmir was doing well.”

The Dalai Lama arrived in the early 1960s, but McLeodganj didn’t begin to bustle until the 1980s when troubles hit Kashmir and halted the flow of tourism there.

Tourists now come from all over, some to study Buddhism, others to do trekking in the mountains, still others to soak up the vibes of a place with a distinct Tibetan air.

“The place is on the international map,” Nowrojee said.

Many of the young people come from one country in particular.

“The present influx is more of Israelis,” Nowrojee told me, “lots and lots of Israelis. They don’t learn Buddhism, but they just found the place a haven for themselves. In fact, there’s a joke going around town that it’s time they had a rabbi there are so many of them.”

At one point, McLeodganj became known as “Little Lhasa” because of the number of Tibetans living here.

“We Indians got up and said, ‘You better not do that because we don’t want it to become a Lhasa only. This land belongs to us,’” Nowrojee said.

Another longtime resident here, Phil Void, an American Buddhism expert with a long gray-flecked beard, remembered how much the settlement has changed.

“There were no taxi cabs then,” he recalled. “The road between the temple and the library was a goat path.”

Monkeys roam the town. Yesterday afternoon, I was walking up the road from the temple, and a large monkey barreled down from a pine tree and crossed the road, setting two dogs to howling. I looked around and saw a dead baby monkey on the side of the road. Apparently, the dogs had killed the baby, angering the mother.

Today, many thousand Tibetan exiles live in this settlement, but not all of them really feel settled, as it were.

One with whom I spent a bit of time is Tenzin Losel. Like many Tibetans, he hopes the region isn’t his permanent home. He wants to go home to Tibet.

“I just feel like I’m a passenger at the station. The train can leave at any time. I never feel settled,” Losel told me.

【截图】
snap1.jpg

[ 本帖最后由 妩人少将 于 2008-11-27 10:14 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-11-25 12:41 | 显示全部楼层
我一直很期待看到去过达拉萨拉的比较理智冷静的国际友人或华裔的关于这个地方的帖子
好奇怪,以色列人跑到哪里为的是什么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-25 13:26 | 显示全部楼层
达赖要是那么想搞块土地去治理,那就达兰萨拉好了。
他都住了那么多年了。
印度可真是傻!自己给自己搞了个白眼狗回家养着。
也难怪,同是美国的狗吗。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-25 14:42 | 显示全部楼层

回复 楼主 荡漾 的帖子

I was back

Here goes for an introduction to a blog with the topic @Dharamsala's travelling stories, go to take a look when it is spare, that is good, http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_572bd9fc0100b37n.html
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-25 15:14 | 显示全部楼层
"小拉萨"取得有点意思. 看起来很有藏族特色哦
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-25 19:56 | 显示全部楼层
真有本事就学学以色列啊!真想看看印度怎么做,也想看看美国怎么应对
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-25 20:42 | 显示全部楼层

新增留言

You mean, Dharamsala provides the bulk of the huge subsidy and funding that Tibet has received all these years, including but not limited to those used for improving sanitation, electricity, and other public goods in Tibet, as well as salary for the monks?

Oh, you mean spiritual "lifeline". Then your last sentence is not related to your first paragraph and my original question. Thanks anyway.

Posted by: otoh | November 25, 2008 at 01:33 AM

你的意思是,达兰萨拉提供了大量的巨额补贴和西藏这些年来收到的,包括但不限于那些用于改善西藏的卫生,电力,及其他公共物品的资助,以及僧侣的工资?

哦,你的意思是精神上的“生命线” 。那么您的最后一句与您的第1段话和我原来的问题毫无关系。无论如何谢谢。

------------------

Otoh, I can't answer your questions on funding. I wasn't there long enough. I heard at one point that Richard Gere, the actor, paid to have at least part of the road paved up to McLeodganj. The garbage trucks in the town appear to be administered by the government-in-exile. Or at least so they read on the side. On other services, I don't know. One curious fact: The Tibetan flag flies high above many buildings, with no sign of the Indian flag. In most countries, that would be a no-no.

Posted by: Tim Johnson | November 25, 2008 at 02:03 AM

(作者回复楼上的留言)Otoh ,我不能回答你关于资金的问题。我在那里呆的时间不够长。我听说演员李察基尔支付了建造通往McLeodganj的部分路面 。那里的垃圾车似乎是流亡政府管理的。至少车身上是这么写的。其他方面的服务我不知道。一个奇怪的事实是:西藏旗高高飘扬在许多建筑物上,而一面印度国旗都没有。在大多数国家,这将是不被允许的。

--------------------

About funding, we all know that The Dalai Lama has been on the CIA payroll since the late 1950s. He is an instrument of US intelligence.

For more info, visit: http://www.infowars.net/articles/march2008/240308Cloak.htm

Posted by: luyi99 | November 25, 2008 at 07:37 AM

关于经费,我们都知道自从20世纪50年代末以来,达赖一直在美国中央情报局的工资单上。他是美国情报部门的一个工具。

如需详细资讯,请访问: http://www.infowars.net/articles/march2008/240308Cloak.htm

[ 本帖最后由 rlsrls08 于 2008-11-25 20:50 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-26 08:45 | 显示全部楼层
谁能告诉我们真实的达兰萨拉?
西方首先不相信了,看看刻意的图片!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-26 08:57 | 显示全部楼层
达赖如果真有种应该去达旺,如果想回归顺便把藏南的土地跟我们带回来。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-27 10:01 | 显示全部楼层

老恶来也。。。

年岁大了就没得折腾。。。凡夫俗子,啥喇嘛的都没有例外。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-11-27 14:06 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 酸枣树310 于 2008-11-25 12:41 发表
我一直很期待看到去过达拉萨拉的比较理智冷静的国际友人或华裔的关于这个地方的帖子
好奇怪,以色列人跑到哪里为的是什么?

我亦有相同的想法,你可以看BigGolden回帖里提供的链接地址,是一个中国驴友在达兰萨拉的旅游经历,很棒的 :loveliness:

原帖由 BigGolden 于 2008-11-25 14:42 发表
I was back

Here goes for an introduction to a blog with the topic @Dharamsala's travelling stories, go to take a look when it is spare, that is good, http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_572bd9fc0100 ...

Welcome back, BG :loveliness:  and thanks, it is indeed excellent *thumbsup*

原帖由 云中鹤 于 2008-11-27 10:01 发表
年岁大了就没得折腾。。。凡夫俗子,啥喇嘛的都没有例外。。。

你知道得这么清楚呀 :P
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-11-27 14:07 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 rlsrls08 于 2008-11-25 20:42 发表
You mean, Dharamsala provides the bulk of the huge subsidy and funding that Tibet has received all these years, including but not limited to those used for improving sanitation, electricity, and other ...

多谢 :loveliness:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-28 16:51 | 显示全部楼层
很好很好,让老和尚就在那里建国吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-29 12:03 | 显示全部楼层
印度干脆把这块土地送给DL算了,反正他也回不来了,就在那里建雪山狮子国吧。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-11-29 13:00 | 显示全部楼层
我也认为哪个国家送他点土地,建个虱子国算了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 23:32 , Processed in 0.053800 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.