[15/12/08 drink from the ganges] “又爱又恨”的-中国

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-12-16 17:26 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
来源:drinkfrom the ganges链接:http://blogs.bootsnall.com/Rachelleb/category/china
翻译:woodorw
翻译注:这篇文章来自一个旅行者的blog,个人色彩很浓,不知道放在这个版块是否合适?如不合适,请移除
Love,Hate, Love, Hate’ - China又爱又恨”的-中国
正文:
After spending three-plus weeks in China:visiting Beijing to see The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, SummerPalace, The Great Wall (and much more); Shanghai for the city &food; Xi’ An for the Terracotta Soldiers; Chengdu (in the SichuanProvince) for the Pandas; Leshan for the tallest Buddha in the world(among other beautiful sites in Leshan). I was at a point in mytravels where my feelings for China were mixed.
There could be various reasons and instancesthat may have lead to this.Maybe it was the way the Chinese come offso abrupt at times. Granted the Chinese language have many tones,which sound quite strong.I could be sitting with my back away fromtwo Chinese people and only hear them speaking and to me it wouldsound like they were having an argument.  But, when I turn aroundthey are actually just having a casual conversation (whatever thatmight be- I cannot ‘decode’ Chinese)!  It could also be how theyare so’fixaded’ on money!  “Pay Now, Pay Now” was the mottoin most restaurants, hostels, shops and ticket booths.  Or, it couldbe, there lack of respect they have for individual space or queue’s(compared to my Western-’norms’).
For example; I was queued up for a ticket at atrain station (mind you the ticket queue was only for foreigners) inan orderly manner, when several Chinese men, bypassed the queue andpushed their way to the front of the line and started hollering inthe hole in the window of the ticket booth.  This did not just happenon one occasion, but many times throughout the course of my travelsin China…..they always interrupted a line by going straight to thefront, regardless if there are people patiently waiting ahead ofthem.  It could also be their need to erase/bulldoze their ancientartifacts, rather than preserve them to their natural state, theyjust assume build over them based on what ‘tourist’ might like.
Maybe the Chinese tourist enjoy looking at the‘new and improved’ version of the old (which, I think they do,because they travel by the bus loads to see them).  However, for a‘westerner,’ like myself, i don’t want to see a new renditionof the old!  Oh and smiles….smiles are hard to come by in China.  Ican count on both hands the amount of smiles I actually saw in Chinawithin the first three weeks of visiting. These are just a fewscenarios that have possible put me in a “love, hate”relationship with China after three weeks of traveling.
Maybe because of my ‘love, hate’relationship, I decided to press on and give China a few more weeksand see a few more cities…..’smaller’ cities. It is difficultto actually find a small city in a country of a billion. I was toldthe Yunnan Province is wonderful, so I decided to go from the middleof China (Sichuan Province) to the farthest west you can reachwithout actually going into Tibet.  So off I went to; Dali, , TigerLeaping Gorge and Lijiang.
又再中国呆了3周:在北京看了紫禁城,天安门,颐和园,长城(等等..;游览了上海的城市风光,品尝了上海的美食;在西安看了兵马俑;在成都看到了大熊猫;在乐山看了世界上最高的佛,还看了乐山其他的一些美景。
我想说我在中国旅游的感觉很复杂。
我之所以有这种想法是有很多根据的。可能是太多次看到中国人的唐突表现了:
中国有很多方言,听起来都是那么的“洪亮”。有一次我背对着2个中国人坐着,听到他们在讲话,感觉他们好像在吵架一样,可我回头一看,两个人是在闲聊呢(说的什么我也听不懂,我不会“破译”中国话);
中国人在钱上也是很较劲,我在饭店,宾馆,商店和售票处常听到的话就是“付钱,付钱”;
还有就是中国人对私人空间和排队缺乏尊重(和我理解的西方“规范”相比较)。举个例子:我在一个火车站规规矩矩的排队买票(提醒你一下,买票的队伍一般都是外国人排),这时候有几个中国汉子越过队列直接挤到前面,然后就开始对着售票处窗户上的那个小洞嚷嚷。这事不止一次发生过,我在中国的整个旅途中碰到过好几次...他们一般都是直接冲破队伍挤到前面,而且对后面那些耐心排队的人一点抱歉的意思都没有!
中国人还喜欢推平古代遗址,而不是把它们保持原样,他们老觉得重新建一下,游客们才会喜欢。或许中国游客喜欢看这些“又新又发展”的景点(我想他们肯定喜欢,因为他们一般都坐着观光车看)。但是对于像我这样的西方人,我可不想看什么旧貌变新颜。
对了,还有微笑。微笑在中国可是罕见啊。头三周的游览中看到的微笑,我两只手都可以数过来。
以上这些情况可能就是为什么在为期三周的旅行后,我对中国“又爱又恨”的原因。
可是正因为这“又爱又恨”,我决定再在中国呆几周,再看几个城市,小点的城市。虽然在这么一个有十几亿人口的国家找个小城市不是一件容易事。别人告诉我云南省不错,我决定从中国中部的四川去不到西藏的最西边。于是我去了大理,虎跳峡,和丽江。

[ 本帖最后由 woodorw 于 2008-12-16 17:28 编辑 ]

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2008-12-16 17:35 | 显示全部楼层
老外的视角
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-16 18:06 | 显示全部楼层
支持楼主的原创翻译。

这文章的作者,看来是个 本文化中心论者 啊!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-16 18:11 | 显示全部楼层
排队问题应该是N年前的事了吧

现在好像都有了排队的习惯了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-16 18:57 | 显示全部楼层
这都是他个人观点,不过所谓排队的都是外国人实在可笑.如果都是外国人在排队,而他说他自己也在排队,那只能说明在中国外国人起码和中国人1比1,否则,当外国人在排队,而所有的中国人在插队,那么他们一辈子都买不到票.不知道他的票是哪来的?夸张是他们的习惯,就象他们夸张的表扬我们.
其实我是想对他的另外一种观点提出异意.所有的游客都喜欢旧的东西,中国也希望西方不要建造摩天大楼,美国还是印地安土著的天下.但是这可能吗?发展就以为着丢弃一些旧东西,这当中无论精华和糟粕都会被丢弃,遗憾?有必要吗?
今天下班路上我还在想,当年因为重装电脑不小心删除了我一百多个军棋棋谱,是不是很遗憾?那些棋谱都是我自己摆的,并且经过实战修改,各有特色,个有悬妙.按道理我是不是应该痛苦?可是丢了就是丢了.失去从另外一个角度意味着重生.我可以用全新的思路去排新棋谱,而不用纠缠在过去里.未必是坏事吧.
不仅仅是中国,全世界所有的古迹多数都会被毁灭,只有极少数会保留,因为社会在发展,我们在进步.你要知道,即使你现在造的烂尾楼,如果它幸运的保留下来,N年以后也是古迹.无论是作为古代的文明见证,还是古代腐败的代表,都会变得极其有意义不是吗?
为什么我们不多想想,该为后代创造些什么新的,而总是沉浸在古文明里不能自拔?
西方人的普遍这种可笑愚昧的观点,不知道是他们受到西方思想熏陶被蒙蔽分辨不了真正是非的结果,还是根本想愚弄我们中国人的手段?
我要是到了外国,我不仅仅会喜欢看到他们的古代文明,我依然会感叹他们的现代文明.因为无论是古代还是现代,都是散发着人类智慧的结晶,都代表了人类奋斗的足迹,都是我们应该感动的,不是吗?
这个作者,算真正的旅行者吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-17 19:06 | 显示全部楼层
有点夸张了,不过以后遇到老外多笑笑哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-17 20:25 | 显示全部楼层
老外说的是事实,但这是短期无法改变的。你能让一个饭都吃不饱的人讲究餐桌礼仪吗?

声音大还没什么,不排队是应该改改。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-17 23:38 | 显示全部楼层
外国人是不是希望看到我们还是留辫子裹小脚
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-12-18 18:53 | 显示全部楼层
这都是事实,我就有经历过。
国人毕竟只有少数人处在小康水平啊!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 21:29 , Processed in 0.042963 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.