【来源地址】
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/03/27/2527742.htm?section=australia
【译者】Valery
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【原文库链接】
http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152307&page=1#pid2161974
【译文】
Embattled Defence Minister Joel Fitzgibbon has apologised for failing to disclose details of free business trips he took to China and says he deeply regrets his actions.
备受指责的国防部长乔尔·菲茨吉本为自己未能申报其免费的中国商务行的细节而道歉,并对此深感懊悔。
But the Minister is not making any moves to step aside and says he will continue to press ahead in the portfolio to implement major reforms to Defence.4 `2
但是,该部长并未做出任何辞职的举动。反而表示,他将继续承担部长的责任,对国防进行重大改革。
Mr Fitzgibbon has been forced to make the embarrassing apology after he admitted he had accepted the free trips in 2002 and 2005 from wealthy Chinese businesswoman Helen Liu. Earlier yesterday he denied ever having received major gifts from Ms Liu.
菲茨吉本先生承认在2002年和2005年接受了由中国女富商海伦刘赞助的免费之旅。如今,他不得不感该地道歉。昨天早些时候,他曾否认收到了刘女士的巨额捐赠物。
Their relationship has come under the spotlight after explosive allegations were published in Fairfax Newspapers yesterday that officers in the Department had covertly spied on the Minister over concerns his connection with Ms Liu posed a security problem.
费尔法克斯报昨日的爆炸性新闻使得他们的关系成为公众的焦点。该新闻称,政府部门的官员因担心部长与刘女士的往来会危及国家安全,所以暗中调查部长。
The allegations are now the subject of an urgent internal investigation.
如今,该新闻成了(政府)内部紧急调查的主题。
Mr Fitzgibbon says what he did was wrong but could not explain how it happened.8 k5 K. ^, ?% I&
菲茨吉本说,没有申报是他的错,但他却无法解释其中的原因。
"It's just difficult for me to say basically. It was a long time ago. They weren't weighing on my mind. I was working on the assumption that the sponsored travel had been declared ... I was wrong," he said.4
“基本上我很难解释没有申报的原因。因为那是很久以前的事情了。我已经不记得了。我一直以为那次赞助旅行已经申报了。这是我的错。”他说。
"That was very untidy of me, it's without justification and I apologise for it."
"那让我不清白。这(没有报备)不合规定。我要为此道歉。"
Mr Fitzgibbon hinted yesterday that he was being targeted because there was opposition to his attempts at major reform of Defence, with a white paper due out later this year.
菲茨吉本在昨日暗示说,由于有人反对其在国防方面的重大改革的尝试,他正成为今年将发布的白皮书的攻击对象。
Today he reiterated he would push ahead with his reforms.
今天他重申他将推进改革。
"If we're going to ensure that Defence has all the capability to do the things we require it to do we're going to have to ensure that Defence is far more effective and efficient internally and that's what my strategic reform program is all about," he said.
“如果我们要保证国防有能力满足我们的要求,我们就不得不确保,在国内国防更加有效率,有效果。那就是我的战略性改革计划的内容之所在。”他说。
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has backed Mr Fitzgibbon to stay on, but not before taking him to task over his failure to disclose the trips.
澳大利亚总理陆克文支持菲茨吉本留任,但之前陆克文曾责备他未能公开那几次行程。
Mr Fitzgibbon says he has not spoken to Mr Rudd directly over the matter but understands he is disappointed and appreciates his support.
菲茨吉本先生表示,有关这件事他没有直接向陆克文先生讲明,但他理解陆克文总理失望的心情并感谢陆克文总理对他的支持。
Asked by reporters whether he expected to keep his job Mr Fitzgibbon replied: "I believe I will be judged in terms of my performance in the portfolio by how well I proceed with and secure the very large strategic reform program I am pursuing."
当被记者问及是否期望继续担任国防部长时,他回答说:“我相信,评判我的标准将是我工作上的表现,通过我推进和确保正在进行的这个十分重大的战略性改革计划的程度。"
It has also been reported today that Ms Liu, who has been a familiy friend of the Fitzgibbons for more than 15 years, has connections with high-ranking Chinese officials. % L)
今天另有报道称,那位与菲茨吉本家族有15余年交情的刘女士与中国高官有往来。
The Opposition has repeatedly called for Mr Fitzgibbon to be sacked and Defence spokesman Senator David Johnston has raised questions over the possible implications of the friendship between the two.9 a!
反对党一再要求菲茨吉本被解职。国防部发言人参议员大卫约翰斯顿(David Johnston)对他们的友谊可能存在的“隐情”提出质疑。
"The focus of the [Defence] white paper is all about this emerging industrial giant to our north that is China and what is going to happen, five, 10 and 15 years out as they acquire exotic technologies used for Defence purposes," he told ABC 2 News Breakfast./ q
“(国防)白皮书的焦点全聚集在中国这个位于我国以北的新兴的工业巨人身上 ,以及在五年,十年,十五年后,当他们获得用作国防的外国技术后将会发生的事情。”他在ABC2套早间新闻中说道。
"The white paper is going to be dominated by the Chinese and the person that the Minister has been dealing with has got very, very strong connections with very senior Chinese leadership. This is of concern."$ W$
“中国人将是白皮书的主题 ,那个一直以来和部长有往来的人与中国的最高层领导有着非常非常紧密的联系。这很重要。”
However Defence analyst Alan Behm has described the Opposition's attack on Mr Fitzgibbon as "curious".,
但是国防部分析员称反对党对菲茨吉本的攻击是“匪夷所思”。
"[The issue] is not whether or not the Minister for Defence is being groomed as a spy for China - I think that that is on the edge of ludicrous," he told ABC 2 News Breakfast.
“[这一事件]不是国防部长是否正被驯化为中国间谍的问题。我认为它近乎于无稽之谈。”他在ABC2台早间新闻中说道。
"I think the much more fundamental issue here is whether or not a minister's future should be determined by an unhappy Department."
“我认为现在更重要的事情是一位部长的未来是否应当被一个不和睦的部门决定。”
But Opposition Leader Malcolm Turnbull is not stepping away from his criticism of the Minister, saying it is clear he has misled parliament and Mr Rudd needs to act.8 Z
但是,反对党领袖马尔科姆·汤布(Malcolm Turnbull)不打算放弃对国防部长的批判。他说,他(菲茨吉本)误导了国会,这一点很明了,而且陆克文先生应当有所行动。
"It's not just a question of failing to disclose [the free trips], it is the fact that yesterday morning he seemed to have no recollection of them and within a few hours suddenly they appear," he said., D&
这不仅仅是一个没有申报[免费旅行]的问题。事实上,昨天早上他什么都想不起来,而几个小时后他一下子都想起来了。”他说。
"This is now a issue for Kevin Rudd. It's a question of his leadership, his responsibility, whether he wants to leave someone who is demonstrably incompetent in that most important position."
“现在这是陆克文要面临的问题,是对他的领导能力,他的责任提出的问题,他是否想要放弃某位身居要职却无能的人。”
Attorney-General Robert McClelland has confirmed in a statement that ASIO's acting director general of security says that ASIO has no information about Ms Liu that would gives rise to any security concerns.
总检察长麦克莱兰德(Robert McClelland)已在一篇声明中证实澳大利亚安全情报机构的署理安全总干事表示澳安全情报机构尚未找到证据证明刘女士会造成任何安全隐患。
1.jpg
2.jpg

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-4-2 21:32 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 bylife 于 2009-4-2 21:35 编辑

我生活在澳洲,可以说澳洲人完全就是一种病态心理。
如果这件事发生在与不是中国身上(其实该女士完全是华裔澳洲居民,拿的是澳洲护照),比如说日本,韩国。舆论也就根本不感兴趣。

中国当局应该对那些曾经或现在一直与中国产生敌意的人或政党铭记在心,一定要教训一下。

比如:美国扔个原子弹,今天的日本还不是抱着美国大腿。(比喻可能不恰当)我是说没什么好怕的。把他们都都列上黑名单。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-2 22:01 | 显示全部楼层
2# bylife
翻译这些的目的不是为了仇恨和报复。
或许,我们可以换种方式来解决这些问题。
就像ANTICNN的存在,不是ANTI是OPEN,理性地OPEN
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-3 01:36 | 显示全部楼层
我生活在澳洲,可以说澳洲人完全就是一种病态心理。
如果这件事发生在与不是中国身上(其实该女士完全是华裔澳洲居民,拿的是澳洲护照),比如说日本,韩国。舆论也就根本不感兴趣。

中国当局应该对那些曾经或现在 ...
bylife 发表于 2009-4-2 21:32

人不犯我,我不犯人,人若犯我,我必犯人
TG应该继承其秋后算账的传统
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-3 09:27 | 显示全部楼层
。...
比如:美国扔个原子弹,今天的日本还不是抱着美国大腿。(比喻可能不恰当)我是说没什么好怕的。把他们都都列上黑名单

日本抱着美国大腿是小日本不敢不抱。日本就是美国拴着的一只狗,让它做什么就做什么,还动不动给点颜色看看。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-3 12:22 | 显示全部楼层
其实这位部长后悔的是作为政客没有对国会申报他的中国之行,而不是后悔去中国。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-3 13:02 | 显示全部楼层
其实这位部长后悔的是作为政客没有对国会申报他的中国之行,而不是后悔去中国。
外间幻想 发表于 2009-4-3 12:22

恩,我也是这样认为!~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-23 04:35 , Processed in 0.041528 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.