【登载媒体】CNN
【来源地址】http://business.blogs.cnn.com/2009/03/17/gm-does-well-in-china/
【译者】johnsonpersonal
【翻译方式】人工翻译
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,转载请注明出处,谢谢!
【译文】

GM does well — in China
通用汽车在中国做得很好

GM China President Kevin Wale, left, attends the unveiling of the Volt sedan in Shanghai last year.

通用汽车主席凯文-威尔,左边,上一年参加VOLT小轿车揭幕仪式。

SHANGHAI, China — When Xiao Hongjun, a 38-year-old engineer, went looking to buy his first car he knew exactly what he wanted: a Buick.
中国-上海,当38岁的晓虹俊准备要买他的第一部车,他很清楚他要买的车就是:一部别克。

Because from my heart, I like American goods. Buick is a very good brand,” he said shortly before paying almost $20,000 cash for a new car.
“因为从我的内心里,我喜欢美国货,别克是一个很好的品牌”,在给了差不多两万美金的现金之后,他简短地说。

Xiao is not alone. First-time car buyers in China are driving this market. Helped by the government’s cut in sales tax on smaller models and vehicle subsidies for farmers, sales surged 25 percent in February compared to the same time last year.
晓并不是一个人。第一次购车计划正在中国推动。在中国政府减少小型车的销售税和对农民进行补贴的帮助下,二月份同比超出25%

And the best selling brand in China: General Motors. The struggling American giant has held that position for the past four years. GM China President Kevin Wale is expecting another good year.
在中国最好卖的品牌是:通用汽车。这个苦苦奋斗的美国巨人已经坚持了四年。通用中国的主席凯文-威尔期望另一个好年景。

The market unlike the rest of the world looks like it’s going to be stable, and in fact we think it is going to grow a little bit, between 5 and 10 percent. We’ve been able to start the rollout of our new product introductions, and we’ve got a lot of momentum.”
“这个市场(指中国市场)不像世界其它地区,它会变得很很稳定,实际上我们认为它会有小幅增长,介于5%到10%之间。我们已经开始新产品的展示,同时我们很有信心”

In many ways GM China is everything GM North America is not.
在很多方面,通用中国做到通用北美所不能做到的。

GM’s operations in China are flexible and efficient and profitable. And the things it does in China are applicable to its North American operations which are right now the opposite — they’re inflexible, inefficient and losing money,” says John Casesa, an auto industry analyst in New York.
“通用汽车在中国的运营是灵活,高效和盈利的。通用在中国所作的事情也适合在美国操作,现在相反的是,美国的运营是不灵活的,无效率的,和亏钱的” 约翰-卡塞萨,纽约的一个汽车工业分析家说道。

He estimates that in a good year, GM makes around a billion dollars profit in China, and not only has that kept the company out of bankruptcy in recent years but makes a strong case to U.S. policy makers that the company is worth saving.
他预计这一年会很好,通用在中国市场大约创造了十亿美元的利润,不但在这近几年远离了破产的危险,而且在美国创造了一个成功的案例。政府认为,这个公司值得挽救。

Its Chinese experience underscores that this company, under the right conditions, can be very competitive, be competitive globally in markets outside North America and position itself for the best growth opportunities in places like China, India, and Brazil.”
“通用在中国的经验表明,通用处于一个正确的条件下,会十分有竞争力,会在北美外的全球市场上更有竞争力,同时,公司在很多地方,比如中国,印度和巴西,都处于最好的增长时期。”

GM China operates new plants, wages are low, and there are no financial liabilities like health plans or pension schemes that are the main issues facing the operations in North America. But Wale argues there’s more to the company’s success than that.
通用中国开设了一些新的工厂,比如工资低,没有财政的担负,比如健康计划或养老金计划,这些都是在北美必须得面对的问题。但是威尔坚持认为让公司成功的因素还有很多。

The secret to winning in any marketplace is to provide the products the customers want to buy, which is why we say we listen very closely to what the market wants, and we react very quickly to put it in place.”
“在市场上取得胜利的秘密就是提供客户想买的产品,就是为什么我们说我们非常近距离地听市场需要什么,同时我们非常迅速地把产品投向正确的地方”

Analysts believe China will become the world’s biggest car market within the next five years, and if the big auto makers are to survive, they’ll need to be successful here, and General Motors is well placed. It just needs to ride out the great recession.
分析家认为中国将会在未来的五年内成为世界上最大的汽车市场,如果要大车的市场取得成功,他们就要在这里(指中国)取得成功。通用汽车就很好的做到了。但他要渡过这个大的经济衰退。

Xiao, the new car buyer, has no concerns.
晓,这个新车的买家,没有一点的担心。

I am confident in America. I think that the financial crisis will pass quickly.”
“我对美国有信心,我想金融危机会很快过去的”

Watch my report on what’s driving GM’s success in China.
看看我的关于什么让通用汽车在中国取得成功的报道。
发表于 2009-4-16 13:33 | 显示全部楼层
“I am confident in America. I think that the financial crisis will pass quickly.”
“我对美国有信心,我想金融危机会很快过去的”

我可对米国没信心啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-17 01:19 | 显示全部楼层
我只对自己有信心
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-17 22:59 | 显示全部楼层
基督教的节日就是恶心人的!我就是这样认为!即使你再屏蔽我也不在乎!

你们不仅没有一点肚量,而且是非不分!

你们可以赞美你们的"主",而我,一定不会!

让你们的"主"见鬼去吧!

恶心!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 13:25 , Processed in 0.037680 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.