QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 885|回复: 1

[政治] 【英国每日电讯博客】North Korea is China's problem

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-5-29 22:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 I'm_zhcn 于 2009-5-31 07:05 编辑

North Korea is China's problem
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/daniel_hannan/blog/2009/05/29/north_korea_is_chinas_problem

Posted By: Daniel Hannan at May 29, 2009 at 11:43:22

It's a funny old world. We invaded Iraq (which denied having a nuclear weapons programme), but humour North Korea (which boasts of having one). Indeed, by attacking Iraq - which, everyone now accepts, was a pretty paltry foe - we made it harder to act against states which genuinely do menace our interests and our allies.

Don't get me wrong: I opposed the conquest of Iraq, and I certainly don't see any British interest in biffing North Korea which is not, by any definition, within our sphere of influence. It is, however, in China's. Why, I wonder, does Peking tolerate on its frontier a state every bit as dangerous and unstable as the enriched uranium and plutonium with which it is arming itself?

The Chinese are forever extolling the virtues of non-intervention. They justify their support for the Sudanese, Zimbabwean and Burmese dictatorships on grounds that it is not for them to tell another sovereign nation how to order its affairs. But this non-interventionism stuff is flexibly applied closer to home. Over the years, almost every contiguous state has felt Chinese pressure - sometimes of a direct and military nature: Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, India, Mongolia and, yes, Korea. This time, China has the opportunity to earn its place within the comity of nations while at the same time advancing its own interests. That, surely, is worth more than Communist solidarity.

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2009-5-29 22:53 | 显示全部楼层
2009-05-29_225154.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 15:23 , Processed in 0.045174 second(s), 29 queries , Gzip On.