注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 9837|回复: 55

【纽约时报20100302】批评中国政府的专家被第十三次阻止中国

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-3-10 21:14 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 woikuraki 于 2012-3-31 17:08 编辑

【原文标题】For 13th Time, Critic of China’s Government Is Barred From Leaving Country
【中文标题】批评中国政府的专家被第十三次阻止中国
【原文链接】http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/03/world/asia/03beijing.html?ref=asia
【译者】Zhongdong_Wang
【翻译方式】人工翻译
【特别声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载
【正文】

BEIJING — Chinese security agents in Sichuan Province detained Liao Yiwu, a prominent author and critic of the government, as he prepared to fly Monday to a literary festival in Germany, human rights activists said.
北京——中国安全人员在四川扣留了周一正准备飞去德国参加一个文学节日的一位杰出作家和政府批评家廖亦武,人权积极分子们说。

It was the 13th time Mr. Liao had been prevented from leaving the country. The Associated Press reported that he had been placed under house arrest after being questioned by security agents for four hours.
这已经是第十三次廖先生被阻止离开中国了。美联社报道说他已经被安全人员置于软禁之下询问达四个小时了。

“How can this happen?” The A.P. quoted him as saying. “It’s a cultural event, nothing political. Such drama!”
“怎么能够发生这种事情?”美联社援引他的话说。“这是一次文化事件,和政治没有任何关系。多有戏剧性啊!”

Telephone calls on Tuesday to Mr. Liao’s home in rural Chengdu produced a recording saying that the line was temporarily unavailable. Calls to his cellphone went unanswered.
周二电话打到廖先生在成都乡下的家里结果是一段录音说线路暂时不能使用。

Calls to his cellphone went unanswered.
打他的手机没有回应。

Mr. Liao was removed from a plane at Chengdu’s airport as he prepared to fly to Germany to attend lit.Cologne, one of Europe’s largest literary festivals, where he was to read from one of his books, “Miss Hello and the Farm Emperor: Chinese Society From the Bottom.”
廖先生被带离成都机场的一架飞机时,他正准备飞往德国参加欧洲最大文学节日之一古龙香水节,并将在那里朗读他出版的一本书《哈罗小姐和农场皇帝:来自底层的中国社会群体》的片段。

“The reason for inviting Mr. Liao was simple: he’s a great writer,” Traudle Berger, a spokeswoman at the Cologne Festival, said in an interview on Tuesday. “And China should be proud of such a great writer.”
“邀请廖先生的理由很简单:他是一个伟大的作家,”古龙香水节发言人陶德勒拜耳格在周二一次接受采访时说。“而且中国应该为有这样一个伟大的作家而自豪”。

Ms. Berger said Mr. Liao’s scheduled reading would still take place, with an actor assuming his role. Proceeds from the ticketed event will be donated to the human rights group Amnesty International, she said.
拜耳格女士说廖先生的既定朗读仍会由一名演员扮演他来举行。收取的门票费将捐赠给人权组织“国际特赦”,她说。

Last September, Mr. Liao was barred from traveling to Berlin to attend an event affiliated with the Frankfurt Book Fair, at which China was designated the honored guest.
去年九月廖先生被阻止旅行去柏林出席参加法兰克福图书展览会,会上中国是特别指定的贵宾

A poet, screenwriter and new-journalism author, Mr. Liao, 51, is one of China’s best known and most outspoken writers. Many of his works tell stories of people who have been left behind in the nation’s rush to economic and political prominence, characters that include prostitutes, a grave robber, and a lavatory attendant.
作为一位诗人、编剧家和新新闻主义作家,51岁的廖先生是中国最知名最直言不讳的人士之一。他的许多作品讲述了那些在中国追求经济政治显著成效中被抛在后面的人们的故事,那些人物包括妓女、盗墓者和厕所服务员。

His 2008 book “The Corpse Walker,” another view of Chinese society’s lower rungs, was published to international acclaim. His works are banned in China, but he has gained a large underground following, and pirated versions of his works can be found in some Chinese bookstores.
他2008年出版的观点针对中国下层社会的《行尸走肉》这本书获得国际社会盛赞。他的作品在中国被禁止,但是他拥有一大批对下追随者,而且他的作品的盗版在一些中国书店可以看到。

Mr. Liao was imprisoned for four years in the early 1990s after writing an epic poem, “Massacre,” which denounced the Chinese government’s suppression of the 1989 Tiananmen Square protests. In December 2007, when he traveled to Beijing to receive an award from the Independent Chinese PEN Center, a writers’ rights organization, he was detained by the police and sent back to Chengdu.
1990年代初期廖先生因为写了一篇揭露中国政府对1989年天安门广场示威行走的镇压的叙事诗“大屠杀”被投入监狱达四年。2007年12月在他旅行去北京接受一项“独立中国笔会(一个作家人权组织)”的颁奖时被警方扣押送回成都。

In a text-message exchange last month, Mr. Liao said he had repeatedly met with Chengdu security officials to negotiate for permission to attend the Cologne event, but was told that he had been blacklisted by Beijing officials and forbidden to travel abroad.
在上月的一次短信交流中廖先生说他已经好几次去见了成都警方为获准参加这次古龙香水活动交涉,但被告之他已经被北京官员列在黑名单里禁止出国旅行。

In a Monday interview with the German network Deutsche Welle, Mr. Liao said he was seated on the plane at Chengdu’s airport on Monday morning when a flight attendant approached and told him that “someone is looking for you.”
周一在一次接受德国网络“德国之声”采访时廖先生说,他周一早晨已经在成都机场的飞机上就坐了,这时一名飞行乘务员走了过来告诉他“有人在找你”。

“I asked who it was, and she said it would be best if I got my luggage,” the newspaper quoted him as saying. “I got my bags, and while I was walking to the cabin door, I saw a police officer.”
“我问是谁,她说我最好拿上我的行李,”报纸引用他的话说。“我拿了我的箱包,当我走向舱门的时候,看到了一名警官。”

Mr. Liao said the police told him, “You cannot continue doing whatever you want.”
廖先生说这名警察告诉他,“你不能继续做任何你想做的事了。”

“I told them there will be many readers at the festival,” he said. “I would like to go and meet them and read some of my own pieces and play the traditional Chinese mouth organ, the xiao. I said it was purely a literature festival and nothing political. They said they understood and were only doing their job following orders from the top.”
“我告诉他们节日上有很多读者在那里,”他说。“我要去见他们,朗读我自己作品的片段,演奏中国的传统吹奏乐器箫。我说这只是一个单纯的文学节日,和政治没关系。他们说他们理解,他们只是在按照上面的命令做他们的工作。”

On Monday, the PEN American Center, which like the Chinese organization is one of 145 affiliates of the International PEN Center, called on China’s president, Hu Jintao, to lift restrictions on Mr. Liao and other writers.
周一,和中国此类组织一样隶属于国际笔会中心的145家机构之一的美国笔会中心请求中国主席胡锦涛取消对廖先生和其他作家的限制。

“It is hard to figure what the Chinese government hopes to accomplish by preventing one of its most compelling literary voices from meeting with international colleagues and readers,” Larry Siems, who directs the American center’s Freedom to Write program, said in a written statement.
“难以说清中国政府阻止中国最具影响力的喉舌参加国际同行和读者与他们的会面希望达到什么目的,”美国中部“自由写作”节目执导拉里塞姆斯在一篇书面声明中说道。

Human Rights in China, a group based in Hong Kong, later published an open letter from Mr. Liao to German readers. In it, Mr. Liao recounts learning to play the xiao while in prison, under the tutelage of an old monk.
一个驻地香港的组织“人权在中国”随后发表了一封廖先生给德国读者的公开信。在信中,廖先生叙述了狱中在一位老和尚指导下学习吹箫的事情。

“How many other sages like my master are there among the Chinese people now?” he wrote. “I do not know. How many innocent political prisoners are still imprisoned? I also do not know. But writers like me from the bottom of society still have to write, record and broadcast, even to the dismay of the Communist Party of China. I have the responsibility to make you understand that the life of the Chinese spirit is longer than the totalitarian government.”
“在中国人当中现在有多少像我师傅这样的贤哲?”他写道。“我不知道。有多少无辜的政治犯仍在监禁中?我也不知道。但是像我这样来自社会底层的作者们依然不得不写作、记录和传播,直到中国共产党心惊胆战。我有责任让你们明白中国精神的生命要比极权主义政府更长久。”

Germany’s Foreign Ministry issued a statement expressing regret at China’s detention of Mr. Liao. China’s Foreign Ministry spokesman, Qin Gang, told journalists on Tuesday that Chinese citizens were free to travel according to Chinese laws.
德国外交部发表了一篇声明表达了对中国扣留廖先生的遗憾。中国外交部发言人秦刚周二告诉记者按照法律中国公民旅行是自由的。

“We hope the relevant government will respect the law enforcement carried out by the Chinese authorities,” he said.
“我们希望有关政府尊重中国当局实施法律执行工作,”他说道。

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-10 21:17 | 显示全部楼层
翻译后记:
一边翻译我一边想笑,尤其到后来我都忍俊不住了。真是一出滑稽闹剧啊。也堪称是人间喜剧了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:20 | 显示全部楼层
人权逗屎 妄想推翻 党的领导就是违宪 不懂? 限制你出境是政府的权利
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:33 | 显示全部楼层
哪位油菜的导演拍成电影吧,绝对经典的喜剧片
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:39 | 显示全部楼层

看到充满嘲讽性的留言。。。真不知道还能说什么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:41 | 显示全部楼层
批评中国政府的专家被第十三次阻止中国,为什么是阻止中国呢,是不是阻止出国啊,纯属瞎猜
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:41 | 显示全部楼层
他算什么“砖家”?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:43 | 显示全部楼层
怪不得,原来89年也是“一活跃分子”。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:51 | 显示全部楼层
批评中国政府的专家被第十三次阻止中国,为什么是阻止中国呢,是不是阻止出国啊,纯属瞎猜 ...
mzlzzj 发表于 2010-3-10 21:41

楼主应该是漏字了
阻止出国或阻止离开中国我认为皆可
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 21:58 | 显示全部楼层
廖先生的理由很简单:他是一个伟大的作家

我好歹也算是文化圈里滥竽充数的人,怎么从来就没有听说过这样一位廖先生,而且是一位“伟大的作家”。

难道我在文化圈里混不下去了?真的就这么混不下去了?难道我真的out了?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:02 | 显示全部楼层
在信中,廖先生叙述了狱中在一位老和尚指导下学习吹箫的事情。

额滴神呀
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:07 | 显示全部楼层
这个真没听说过,外媒又要树立一个典型了吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:09 | 显示全部楼层
西游记
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:19 | 显示全部楼层
翻译后记:
一边翻译我一边想笑,尤其到后来我都忍俊不住了。真是一出滑稽闹剧啊。也堪称是人间喜剧了。
o3 ...
zhongdong_wang 发表于 2010-3-10 21:17
但能忽悠很多不明国外真相的国人。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:23 | 显示全部楼层
为毛俺一下子想到热比娅了呢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:24 | 显示全部楼层

额滴神呀 ...
双子dě真爱 发表于 2010-3-10 22:02

额滴天神呀 ...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:25 | 显示全部楼层

额滴神呀 ...
双子dě真爱 发表于 2010-3-10 22:02

有点匪夷所思。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-10 22:31 | 显示全部楼层
回复 11# 双子dě真爱

这位“伟大”的作家原来好这口啊.....额滴神啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-11 00:37 | 显示全部楼层
吹箫哦,爽死了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-11 01:16 | 显示全部楼层

晕了,发现标题少打了“离开”两个字。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 19:13 , Processed in 0.049739 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.