【原文地址】http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/12/business/global/12AIG.html
【译者】静水伊涟
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-229984-1-1.html
【译文】

By BETTINA WASSENER
Published: March 11, 2010

HONG KONG - American International Group has managed to reach agreements for jumbo asset sales this month, but a smaller disposal - that of its life insurance unit in Taiwan, Nan Shan Life - remains in regulatory limbo.
香港报道—美国国际公司本月已设法就出售其巨型资产达成协议,但其变卖旗下台湾子公司南山人寿的小规模处置行为仍陷于监管困境中。

A.I.G. agreed to sell Nan Shan to a consortium consisting of Primus Financial, an independent Hong Kong investment company founded by a former senior Citigroup banker; and China Strategic Holdings, an investment firm, for $2.15 billion last October.
美国国际公司去年10月同意将南山人寿以21.5亿美元出售给由博智金控和中策股份联合组成的财团。其中前者是由三位花旗亚洲(Citigroup Asia)前高管创立,而后者则是一家投资公司。

But the proposed sale has raised regulatory hackles in Taiwan amid concerns that funding for the deal might ultimately come from China, which still has a tense relationship with Taipei. Despite a thawing in those tensions, companies with large mainland Chinese shareholdings face restrictions on investing in companies in Taiwan.
但这一既定出售计划在台湾遭遇监管瓶颈。台湾当局怀疑这笔交易的资金很大一部分来自大陆,而大陆目前和台北关系紧张。尽管这一紧张关系已得到一丝缓解,但含有大量中国大陆持股背景的企业在投资台湾公司上仍面临不少限制。

At a parliamentary hearing Thursday, Hwang Jung-Chiou, vice minister at the Taiwan Ministry of Economic Affairs, said there was no indication that funds from China were being used, Bloomberg News reported.
据彭博资讯报道,在周四举行的一场议会听证会上,台湾经济部副部长黄重球表示,没有明显证据表明来自大陆的资金已被使用。

But Taiwan will conduct more checks on the origin of the funds, he said, adding that he hoped the approval process could be completed in the first half of the year.
但他也表示,台湾仍将对这些资金的来源进行更进一步的调查,并补充说他希望可以在今年上半年完成审批程序。
The prospective buyers did not comment Thursday and a spokesperson at A.I.G. in Taiwan could not be reached for comment.
两位买家并未对此发表评论,也未能得到AIG在台湾的发言人的言论。

But a person with direct knowledge of the transaction, who declined to be identified because of its sensitive nature, downplayed the regulatory scrutiny, saying that the length of time taken to get approval was not unusual.
但与此交易有直接联系且由于此事的敏感性而不愿透露身份的知情者称,审批程序具体时长尚未有定论,以此来对监管部门的审查表示不屑。

The consortium has said that the transaction is not being financed by funds from China.
买方财团已经声明这笔交易并没有中国大陆资金注入。

Nan Shan is one of the largest life insurers in the relatively mature Taiwan market, with total assets of about $46 billion and about four million policyholders.
南山人寿是相对成熟的台湾市场上最大的人寿保险企业之一,其总资产约达460亿美元,且拥有约400万保险客户。

Robert Morse, chairman and co-chief executive of Primus, described Nan Shan as ‘‘the crown jewel of the insurance industry in Taiwan'' when the prospective deal with A.I.G. was announced last October.
其主席兼执行经理Robert Morse在去年10月这笔交易初见端倪时,曾将南山人寿描述为“台湾保险业的明珠”。

At that time, the Nan Shan sale was the largest in a series of disposals made by A.I.G. as it sought to raise cash to pay back its U.S. taxpayer-financed rescue.
当时出售南山是AIG一系列售卖处理中规模最大的一次资产剥离行动。AIG试图以此来筹集资金以偿还所欠的美国纳税人资助的援助款。

Two much larger disposals announced this month will fetch A.I.G. a combined $51 billion. American Life Insurance Co., or Alico, is being sold to MetLife of the United States for about $15.5 billion while American International Assurance, an Asia-focused life insurer, is to be purchased by Prudential, a British insurer, in a deal valued at $35.5 billion.
本月刚刚宣布的两桩更大的资产出售将为AIG带来总计510亿美元的收入。旗下美国人寿保险公司,即Alico将以155亿美元出售给美国大都会人寿保险公司,而亚洲寿险业务友邦保险(AIA)将作价355亿美元售予英国保诚集团。

The sales will allow A.I.G. to make significant repayments toward about $180 billion that the U.S. government has invested in the insurance giant as part of a huge series of bailouts.
这两笔交易将让AIG得以向偿还美国政府的巨额援助款又迈进了极大一步,当时政府向这一保险巨头注入了1800亿美元作为一系列紧急救援资助的一部分。

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-3-13 11:39 | 显示全部楼层
小人常戚戚
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-13 22:16 | 显示全部楼层
楼主辛苦,翻译很有长进,值得学习。
向楼主致敬。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-3-14 21:57 | 显示全部楼层
哈哈~~~谢谢啦~~~
还是要多谢AC各位前辈们的指教呢~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-3-17 16:17 | 显示全部楼层
台湾的事事真是多了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 12:34 , Processed in 0.045940 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.