查看: 6136|回复: 30

【10.5.22 Foxnews】达赖喇嘛在纽约(附网友评论)

[复制链接]
发表于 2010-5-24 12:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 批一啊pia 于 2010-5-24 12:45 编辑

【中文标题】达赖喇嘛在纽约
【原文标题】The Dalai Lama Does New York
【登载媒体】Foxnews
【来源地址】http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/05/22/ellen-ratner-dalai-lama-holiness-new-york-radio-city-china-obama-white-house/
【译者】批一啊pia
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本文供Anti-CNN/ACCN使用,未经译者或AC同意,谢绝转载;谢谢合作。
【译文】

dalailama1-420x0.jpg
I hope that the thousands of people who hear the Dalai Lama's message in New York this week will put pressure on President Obama and Congress to stand up for the people of Tibet.

(作者说)我希望这周纽约听了达赖喇嘛传教的众人能给奥巴马总统和国会施压,让他们去支持西藏人民。

NEW YORK CITY -- The Dalai Lama is in town speaking to packed crowds at Radio City Music Hall. I have heard him lecture a couple of times and thought he was good but not fantastic. Then last year I was with a small group of ten people in India and we met with His Holiness, The Dalai Lama for a little over an hour. I came away completely awestruck by his knowledge and spirituality. He was funny, kind and had a deep understanding of human nature and the broader implications of why we reside on this planet. His Holiness is very open, he does not see things through a rigid lens the way many spiritual and religious leaders do. He is not concerned about dogma and more concerned about morality and compassion.

纽约——达赖喇嘛来到我市在Radio City Music Hall向众人演讲。我之前听过很多次他的演讲,我觉得他很好但是还不算惊人地好。去年我在印度和一个十人的小组在短短一个多小时的时间里,见识到了达赖喇嘛的神圣。我被他的知识和灵性感染,带着无上的敬畏离开。他很风趣,善良,对人类天性和人类生存在地球上的更广联系有着深刻的认识。他的神圣是非常开放的,他不像很多精神和宗教领袖,他不会刻板地看待事物。他并不在意教条,而是更在意道德伦理和怜悯之心。

I went away deeply impressed. He has even seen a silver lining in the Chinese cloud by telling us that he would have been a meditating monk had he not had to escape from Tibet, but now people the world over learn about Tibetian Buddhist teachings.

我走的时候被深深感染了。当他说他本来是个不需要逃离西藏的冥想的僧人时,他说甚至在中国的云中看到了一个银色的保护层。但是现在世界人民都能了解藏传佛教的教义了。

It is with this experience that I am so disappointed with the Obama administration. The president met with His Holiness, had a photo released and then had His Holiness leave by the side door.

正因为这次的经历让我对奥巴马政府非常失望。总统见识到了他的神圣,让世人看到了他们的合照然后让圣者从后门离开。

I am also disappointed with some of the people who justified the war in Iraq with tales of how Saddam tortured people and have done nothing to protest the torture of Tibetians by the Chinese.

很多人基于萨达姆对人民的残害而认为伊拉克战争是公正的,但是他们根本不去抗议中国人对西藏人民的残害,这也让我很失望。

I have traveled twice to Dharamsala, India where the Tibetian Government in Exile and the Dalai Lama live. The stories of torture by the Buddhist nuns and priest are horrifying. The Chinese government has justified its actions by saying that it saved the people of Tibet from a feudal system and now everyone has access to education and health care. What may have been a very backwards system sixty years ago does not justify occupation and torture of the Tibetians.

我去过西藏流亡政府和达赖喇嘛居住的印度Dharamsala两次,僧尼们被残害折磨的故事非常可怕。中国政府说他们的行为是公正的,因为他们将西藏从封建制度中解救出来,现在所有人都能接受教育和享受医疗制度。六十年前的制度到底有多落后,能让人无法公平看待对西藏的占领和残害。

In our government's interest in getting China to cooperate on very sticky foreign policy issues such as Iran and North Korea we have abandoned our moral stance on torture. It was a good enough reason to invade Iraq but not good enough to let the Dalai Lama leave by the White House's front door.

基于政府需要中国在类似伊朗和北朝鲜问题上与我们的合作的糟糕的外交政策上,我们在残害西藏人民问题上失去了立场。这对于入侵伊拉克来说是个足够好的理由,但是对于不让达赖喇嘛从白宫前门离开来说并不是个好的理由。

However, I am hopeful that the thousands of people who hear his message this week will pressure members of Congress and President Obama to stick to our stated values and not let an entire population have their culture and religion be at the mercy of the Chinese government.

但是,我感到充满希望的是,这周听过他传教的众人会给国会议员及奥巴马总统带来压力,坚持去声明我们的价值观,不让一个有自己的文化和宗教的人民任由中国政府摆布。

Ellen Ratner is Washington bureau chief of Talk Radio News Service and a Fox News contributor.

Ellen Ratner是Talk Radio News Service驻华盛顿首席官员和福克斯新闻的供稿者。

Comment
网友评论

pathfinder4us

Florida

No more bailouts to ANY COUNTRY. Go HOME Dalai Lama. Enough is enough. Take care of the U.S. and listen to the American people.

不要再去救助任何国家了。达赖喇嘛你就回家吧。够了。管好美国自己吧,听听美国人民的声音。

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM

4gsltw

This article is horribly misguided. There's so much liberal democrat-caused suffering, poverty, crime, perversion, and murder in the United States, and you want to send our resources to Tibet? How about we fix our problems here, instead we exporting them elsewhere?

这篇文章极尽误导之能事。美国多得是自由民主造成的痛苦、贫穷、犯罪、歪曲和谋杀,然后你还想将我们的资源送去西藏?还不如我们先解决我们自己的问题,而不是到处输出我们的精力。

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 1:11 AM

ron12

Arizona

The Dingy Lama is the same man who said in an interview that Osama bin Laden seemed like a nice guy and he would love to meet with him. The man is a joke.

这个老糊涂喇嘛还在采访中说本拉登看起来是个好人,还想见见他呢。这个人完全是个大笑话。

Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 10:14 PM

caharleyrider

California

The Dali Lama considers himself a maxist and condemns capitalism. However, he comes to New York and sells tickets for his speeches. The Dali Lama is a hypocrite!

达赖喇嘛认为自己是马克思主义者还谴责资本主义。但是,他还来纽约出售他演讲的门票。达赖喇嘛真虚伪!

Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 12:33 PM

cplus

The Dalai Lama is a Communist and Obama will probably french kiss him.

达赖喇嘛是个共产主义者,那么奥巴马估计会想跟他来个法式湿吻吧。

Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 5:03 AM

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2010-5-24 12:55 | 显示全部楼层
西方报纸刊登这等水准的文章???
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 12:57 | 显示全部楼层
老美这样的文章已经引不起波澜了,多么虚假的怜悯啊,管好你们自己的事吧。。。

感谢翻译...!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 13:03 | 显示全部楼层
虚伪的妖精
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 13:21 | 显示全部楼层
这个作者的水平太差了,不知道是不是职业记者?连西藏都没去过,只凭在达兰萨拉听到的一面之词就得出“西藏人民受到残酷迫害”的结论,完全不具备当记者的素质,从他对老和尚的献媚吹捧中,读出了轮子记者的味道。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 14:06 | 显示全部楼层
这老东西真是猥琐啊,看照片。。。。。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 14:19 | 显示全部楼层
把在达兰萨拉听到的几个故事认定为事实。我想他不会认为小红帽真的会从狼肚子里钻出来吧?这人这样做绝对不是因为弱智,而是有目的故意为之。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 14:35 | 显示全部楼层
达赖喇嘛是个共产主义者,那么奥巴马估计会想跟他来个法式湿吻吧。
真犀利
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 15:25 | 显示全部楼层
被刻意鼓吹的神圣是这个世界的毒药。不过看来外国网友们的反应还可以接受。经济危机以来,他们国内自己的事情够烦心了。不再鼓噪着要输出价值观了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 16:47 | 显示全部楼层
这作者真恶心。要检讨先检讨你们当年压迫印第安人的事情。好似美国入侵伊拉克是正义?我的天。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 16:49 | 显示全部楼层
达赖的意义不在于其是否受欢迎,而在于他能提供多大政治作用,是否能对得起赞助。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 18:11 | 显示全部楼层
这个作者就是我们中国人说的二逼,二百五。
一边说入侵伊拉克是合适的,一边很左的支持达赖喇嘛,她自己就是个价值观都理不清的NC
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 18:25 | 显示全部楼层
美国媒体的洗脑手段真是惊人,为美国中情局培养了大批免费的工具。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 18:31 | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,好有趣,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 18:38 | 显示全部楼层
美国人民也被恶心成五毛了...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 18:46 | 显示全部楼层
作者是个坏东西。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 22:14 | 显示全部楼层
评论有代表性吗,我还以为西方人都奉那老和尚为大圣人呢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 22:26 | 显示全部楼层
毛笔,DL不是说自己是神什么的,有本事来中国啊,一把菜刀灭了他
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 23:21 | 显示全部楼层
我感觉那一群穿着黄袍的人猫腰站在一起真的很暧昧啊,呵呵
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-24 23:49 | 显示全部楼层
这些人都是什么玩意?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-18 12:21 , Processed in 0.050818 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.