查看: 830|回复: 0

【每日电讯11.12.12】膜拜北极神光吧

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-12-13 20:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

2.jpg
Rare white rainbow lights up the North Pole

By JESSICA SATHERLEY
Last updated at 7:08 PM on 12th December 2011
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2073068/Rare-white-rainbow-lights-North-Pole--closer-inspection-phenomena-actually-ghostly-fog-bow.html

This is the amazing moment a white rainbow streaks across the Arctic sky.

The rare phenomena, named a fog bow, was spotted by Sam Dobson during a recent expedition to the North Pole.

As their ice breaking ship cruised through the chilly waters, Sam clocked the arching rainbow but was stunned to see it was completely white.

He quickly grabbed his camera, and despite freezing temperatures, captured the unique sight.

The 51-year-old, from Russia, said: 'It was around midnight, but because of the time of year it was still fairly light.

'At first it just looked like a cloud, but as we got closer it was a solid rainbow, but white.
'We were so impressed with it we all got off onto a floating slab of ice to take a closer look.It is actually closer than it looks in the pictures.

'I was stunned and amazed by the natural miracle. Despite the fact I am totally obsessed with photography, I sometimes forgot to press the shutter button.

'I was just staring at the natural wonder in front of me.'

Sam had been travelling on the nuclear icebreaker '50 years of Victory', the biggest of its kind in the world, setting off from the Russian town of Murmansk.

The amateur photographer, who has been into photography since childhood, added: 'I feel privileged to have been on the trip and witnessed something not many people can say they have seen in person.'

A fog bow is a similar phenomenon to a rainbow, but it appears as an arch in fog rather than rain.  And because of the very small size of water droplets that cause fog, smaller than 0.05 millimetres, it appears as a white arc, rather than a multi-coloured one.

在近期俄罗斯一趟北极科考之旅中,业余摄影师山姆·多布森发现北极上空出现“白色彩虹”,并拍了下来。这是一种罕见的天气现象,又称“雾虹”。

据介绍,雾虹是一种与彩虹相似的天气现象,其在空中出现时,看起来像是一座拱形雾门。由于雾虹中水滴太小,无法像彩虹中的水滴那样反射出七彩颜色,因此人们只能看到白色。

报道称,当俄科考队的破冰船在北极寒冷水域前行时,山姆注意到远处的彩虹并惊奇地发现,这是一条“纯白色的彩虹”。他迅速拿起手中的相机,不顾天寒地冻,抓拍下这一罕见的景观。

“当时正是午夜时分,但天依然很亮,”51岁的山姆称,“起初远看起来就像一团云,靠近后才发现是彩虹,而且是白色的。看到这样的自然奇观,我倍感震惊。尽管我是个摄影迷,但偶尔还是会忘记摁下快门,我能做的只是目不转睛地盯着眼前的奇观。”

山姆所在的科考船是“卫国战争胜利50周年”号,这是世界上最大的核动力破冰船之一,该船从俄罗斯摩尔曼斯克港出发,搭载科考队员前往北极作业。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 18:39 , Processed in 0.040545 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.