【原文标题】Foreign Policy: Huntsman And China's "One Child"   
【中文标题】洪博培和中国的“独生子女”政策
【登载媒体】  Foreign Policy  外交政策
【来源地址】
【译  者】 Lunalulu
【翻译方式】 人工
【声  明】     欢迎转载,请务必注明译者和出处 bbs.m4.cn
【译  文】

President Barack Obama tours the Great Wall of China in Badaling, outside of Beijing, China on Nov. 18, 2009, with the Chinese Ambassador to the US Zhou Wenzhong and US Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman.

2009年11月18日,美国总统巴拉克·奥巴马在中国参观了位于北京郊外的八达岭长城,同行的是中国驻美国大使周文重和美国驻中国大使博培。

Read Another Opinion On Jon Huntsman
解读洪博培的另一观点
December 22, 2011
   2011年12月22日

Joshua Keating is an associate editor at Foreign Policy                  
           本文作者Joshua Keating是美国杂志《外交政策》的副主编

It's tough to change your political identity halfway through a campaign. Jon Huntsman will likely continue to be tagged as the "moderate" in the race, no matter how conservativehis political record actually is. But the former Utah governor has seemed to be tacking to the right in recent days as he's started to get a bit of buzzin New   Hampshire.

在竞选中途很难改变自己的政治立场。不管洪博培的政治主张实际上有多么保守,他在竞选中将会继续被贴上“温和派”的标签,但是,当他开始在新罕布什尔州得到反对声时,这位前犹他州州长似乎在最近几天里逐渐转向保守了。

Take, for instance, this recent interview with RedState in which Huntsman reaffirms his anti-tax and anti-abortion credentials. Interestingly, the second subject involves his time as ambassador to China. He also made this somewhat grandiose claim:

举一个例子,在最近的一次与亲共和党的访问中洪博培再次强调了他的反征税和反堕胎的主张。有趣的是,第二个主张与他在中国出任驻华大使有关。他同时在某种程度上将这一主张放大

Q. What, if anything, and let me break this up into two questions. What, if anything should be done by the United States to encourage China to change its "one child" policy?

问:让我把这个问题分成两个。要想使中国改变它的计划生育政策,美国应该怎么做呢?

A. Well, uh, I probably did more than anybody. Uh, because my daughter Gracie was known by 1.3 billion people in China. Everybody heard her story. They knew that we had adopted her and given her life. Uh, they knew that she got to seek a great educational opportunity - a young, pretty, brilliant girl who was, I mean, it was all the time in China. I dare to say that our one act of adopting a girl, as United States Ambassador to China, in many minds - and this would be impossible to quantify - but I tell you, may have had more of an impact in that country, one thing, than all the speeches combined of U.S. government officials over the years.

答:嗯,我在这个问题上应该比任何人做得要多。中国13亿人都认识我的女儿格蕾丝,所有人都听说过她的故事。他们知道我和我的妻子收养并且抚养格蕾丝。并且她一直在追求着更进一步的深造机会——她是一位年轻可爱有才华的女孩,在中国一直是这样的。我敢说作为美国驻中国大使,我们收养一个女儿的做法,在许多人的心中——虽然这不可能被量化——但是我要告诉你,这件事情在中国的影响比美国政府官员几年来做的演讲还要大。

Q. Okay. One thing that many people may not know is that India, where your other daughter was adopted from, certain parts of India are contemplating adopting a two child policy. What if anything can or should the United States do about that?

问:好。许多人不知道的一件事是在印度,也就是你收养另一个女儿的地方,这个国家的一些地方正在考虑收养两个孩子的政策。你认为美国关于这个问题可以或者应该做些什么呢?

A. Well, I would just offer the same thing, and that is highlighting the beauty and the value of life. And there's nothing more powerful than leading by example. And when you can lead by example by showing the kind of life that these little girls live when they are allowed into this world, I think that's a very powerful manifestation all by itself."

答:我还是坚持我的观点,那就是高度肯定生命的美好和价值。没有什么比以身作则更有说服力。当你能以身作则地向人们展示这些小女孩被允许来到这个世界上的生活时,我认为它本身就是一种强有力的说明。

I'm not quite sure that all 1.3 billion of China's citizens were aware of the U.S. ambassador's daughter or that the mere fact of her existence did "more than anybody" to change Chinese minds on this issue, but this does seem like a smart issue to talk about. Social conservatives in the U.S. have strong objections to the one-child policy, but it's not exactly like moderates are ethusiastic about it.

我不是十分确定中国13亿人民是否都认识美国驻华大使的女儿,或者仅仅是她存在的事实在改变中国人想法上比其他人都有效,但是这似乎是一个很好的谈论话题。美国的社会保守派强烈反对“独生子女”政策,但并没有“温和派”那么狂热。

Huntsman's promise to reinstate the Mexico City Policy, which prohibits funding to international organizations that provide abortions, might be a little more controversial in the unlikely event he makes it past the primary.

洪博培承诺将恢复墨西哥市政策——禁止给国际组织提供资金实施堕胎,但是这个被他优先考虑的不大可能的事件也许会引起更大的争议。      

点评

感谢翻译,文章发布地址。http://fm.m4.cn/1146486.shtml  发表于 2011-12-31 15:51

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2011-12-31 15:15 | 显示全部楼层
原文库里面没有来源地址呀?所以我空着啦
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2011-12-31 15:44 | 显示全部楼层
Lunalulu 发表于 2011-12-31 15:15
原文库里面没有来源地址呀?所以我空着啦

忘记贴了,http://www.npr.org/2011/12/22/144124982/foreign-policy-huntsman-and-chinas-one-child
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-3 00:48 | 显示全部楼层
如果美国不限制移民,大家平均一下,应该中国就没必要独生子女政策了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-3 08:30 | 显示全部楼层
如果二胎可以给美国绿卡,或者都成为美国大使领养的女儿,我建议计划生育可以取消......
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-3 15:05 | 显示全部楼层
计划生育政策的功过,的的确确是一个无法回答的问题!

但他的确是个非常极端的政策!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-3 15:09 | 显示全部楼层
理论上中国的独生子女应该不是大多数!

计划生育之初,十亿人口中两亿城市人才实行独生子女政策,八亿农民是可以生两胎,还有八千多万少数民族,是完全不受计划生育政策约束的!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-3 17:37 | 显示全部楼层
fuhexinqd 发表于 2012-1-3 15:09
理论上中国的独生子女应该不是大多数!

计划生育之初,十亿人口中两亿城市人才实行独生子女政策,八亿农民 ...

如果不出意外,中国黑户口的人数不下1个亿,要是美国都认养了,就恢复他们的身份了吧!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-4 11:07 | 显示全部楼层
我勒个去,原来他领养中国儿童也是在做政治宣传哦,脸也有这样打的,当然前提是自己先提升到无脸的境界~{:soso__2677830119650025601_1:}
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-4 14:01 | 显示全部楼层
计划生育中有一天会被取消 但是不是现在 关键现要做好避孕宣传 为中小学生普及性教育课程  现在的学生堕胎太多了  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-4 21:54 | 显示全部楼层
今天公司在统计独生子女,发觉其实计划生育并不成功。。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-5 02:22 | 显示全部楼层
咱的感觉,计划生育的政策也就是管住了城市居民及公务员(大致上)!以前,咱也以为这个政策很牛皮,但现在大批农民涌入城市,咱才发现,怎么大部分都是有兄弟姐妹的?他们基本上都是80、90后,绝大部分都是汉族!现在的人口普查数字,估计也就蒙蒙领导和愚民,咱敢说,中国人绝对超十四亿!不过,这应该是好事!说不定正是因为这些无视国策偷生的救了这个民族。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-5 08:33 | 显示全部楼层
嗯,我在这个问题上应该比任何人做得要多。中国13亿人都认识我的女儿格蕾丝,;P
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-5 10:28 | 显示全部楼层
kingone 发表于 2012-1-3 08:30
如果二胎可以给美国绿卡,或者都成为美国大使领养的女儿,我建议计划生育可以取消...... ...

这个……强烈赞成!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-1-5 18:55 | 显示全部楼层
让这个大使每天早晨都去挤北京的地铁,就知道计划生育的重要了。
不过,个人认为按计划生2个比较好。这是人口的平衡所必须的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-27 16:06 , Processed in 0.053821 second(s), 27 queries , Gzip On.