找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2374|回复: 0

[生活] 【华尔街日报0306】柯南原谅了大鹏

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-3-7 21:44 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Conan O’Brien to Da Peng: I Forgive You.        

• http://blogs.wsj.com/scene/2012/03/06/conan-obrien-to-da-peng-i-forgive-you/

•       

By Jason Chow
YouTubeConan O’Brien and Da Peng’s intro sequences play side-by-side. Another knockoff?

China-U.S. spats are commonplace on the diplomatic and trade fronts, but they recently spilled into pop culture, with Conan O’Brien pitted against a Chinese comedian called “Da Peng.”

The war broke out last week when Mr. O’Brien blasted Da Peng for copying his nightly show’s opening sequence. Mr. O’Brien played the two animated introductions side-by-side — Da Peng’s was nearly identical, merely substituting his name for Mr. O’Brien’s.
“For years now, China has been ripping off America with cheap knockoffs, right?” said Mr. O’Brien in his opening monologue. “If you’re going to rip off my show,
I think I should rip off their show, don’t you?  And let’s see how you like it?”
Then he exacted his own revenge by copying some of the same visual tricks on Da Peng’s show, including having his sidekick Andy Richter, dressed in traditional Chinese garb, hopping across the screen while Mr. O’Brien led his audience to chant “USA! USA!”

Da Peng, whose online show has a cult following, responded by taking the animation out of his intro and replacing it with a title card that said “Nothing.” He apologized to Mr. O’Brien for copying the show and to his audience for “losing the face of the Chinese people.”
Da Peng even poked fun at himself, calling his online show a “knockoff” and joked that his ex-girlfriend regrets dumping him after having seen him on U.S. TV. But seconds later, Da Peng couldn’t resist a few jabs at Mr. O’Brien and Americans in general.
“China has bought so much of your national debt,” he said, “but in this show we have never made fun of you running around, borrowing money from everyone.” He concluded with chants of “China! China!”

On Monday, Mr. O’Brien called a truce. “That’s the saddest thing I’ve ever seen,” he said of Da Peng’s minimalist intro. He added, “You didn’t have to apologize, and you didn’t have to stop using our opening. You’re just a small online talk show in China, and frankly I was flattered that you ripped us off. I took it as a compliment.”
He added that his production team created a new intro for Da Peng, complete with a fire-breathing dragon. “It’s yours. We want you to have it,” Mr. O’Brien said.
Da Peng, it’s your turn. Will you take Conan’s gift? Here on Scene, we’ll be following this story.

•          

• 2:37 pm March 6, 2012

•                 ben s wrote:

love this entry. great to read pop culture related news.

•          

• 4:41 pm March 6, 2012

•                 Anonymous wrote:

“The uploader has not made this video available in your country.”
    : (

•          

• 6:23 pm March 6, 2012

WSJ should include a link of the video to Youku or Tudou so that people in China can watch them.

•          

• 6:30 pm March 6, 2012

•                 BJC wrote:

For shame, WSJ. You scrubbed the original comments after adding four paragraphs and a video to this story without so much as an “[update]” alert. http://t.co/z2S3NTMs

•          

• 6:41 pm March 6, 2012

•                 Videos for those in China wrote:

@Anonymous: Got the videos for viewing in China here: http://beijingcream.com/tag/conan/ (just click on the individual posts — the top one is the most recent)

•          

• 12:18 am March 7, 2012

•                 Bo wrote:

This is a good lesson for Chinese-language students, too.
    Also goes to show how much China really is absorbing from the West, wumao hysteria notwithstanding.

•          

• 7:22 am March 7, 2012

LOL they used Super Junior’s song “Sorry Sorry” to apologize!! People should use that to apologize from now on.

•          

• 2:24 pm March 7, 2012

For those who do not understand Chinese, the first half of the ‘apology’ was as reported by Conan.  The second half was like an insincere Rush Limbaugh apology to Sandra Fluke!  Also, contrary to WSJ’s report, Da Peng had actually said that his ex-girlfriend had seen Conan’s complaint videos in the US and had contacted Da Peng about his show copying Conan’s show.  
    The rest of the ‘apology’ were along the lines that Americans had spread their culture and language around the world and have always belittle the cultures and languages of the rest of the world.  It concluded as per WSJ’s report on his complaints of the US borrowing money from around the world…  So overall, he is a miserable and insincere git.
    China is beginning to exert itself around the world and with it comes arrogance, bitterness and victim symptoms.  Somebody help us!
    P.S. I am Chinese by race, not by nationality.

该贴已经同步到 lilyma06的微博
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 11:58 , Processed in 0.043786 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.