找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1156|回复: 2

美国无家可归男子感谢被赠与鞋子,但再次赤足

[复制链接]
发表于 2012-12-10 11:15 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

The homeless man who was photographed inbeing given a pair of boots by a New York Citypolice officer in Times Square on a bitterly cold night last month was spottedon the Upper West Side on Sunday. And he wasonce again barefoot.

上个月一位无家可归的男子被拍摄到在一个寒冷的夜晚被一位纽约的警察在时代广场赠与了一双靴子。但是在周日他再一次被发现赤着脚了。

"Those shoes are hidden," JeffreyHillman, the 54-year-old homeless man, told the New York Times. "They areworth a lot of money."

“那些鞋子藏起来了,”54岁的无家可归男子Jeffrey Hillman这样和纽约时报说道,“他们值很多钱呢。”

On Nov. 14, NYPD officer Lawrence DePrimo,who was on counterterrorism duty in Times Square,saw Hillman without shoes sitting on 42nd  Street. DePrimo, 25, left and then returned with apair of $100 boots he bought at a nearby Skechers store, knelt down and gavethem to Hillman.

在十一月十四日,纽约警察局的一名警官Lawrence DePrimo在时代广场执行反恐巡逻的时候看到了Jeffrey Hillman光着脚坐在42大街上。25岁的Lawrence DePrimo离开了那里,并在回来的时候拿了一双他在就近商场买的价值100美金的鞋子,弯下膝盖把这双鞋给了Jeffrey Hillman。

The random act of kindness was captured oncamera by an Arizonatourist, who emailed the photo to the NYPD. It was then posted on the NYPD'sFacebook page and soon went viral, generating more than 600,000"likes," 47,000 comments and countless warmed hearts.

这个随意的善举随机被一名亚利桑那的游客用相机拍摄了下来,并且通过邮件把照片传给了纽约警察局。随机就被登在了纽约警察局的Facebook网页上并引起了轰动,引来了超过60万个“喜欢”,47000个评论和无数的热心人。

Hillman--an army veteran and estrangedfather of two who said he's spent about 10 years homeless in New York--told theTimes he did not remember the photo being taken, but was aware of the attentionit's received.

Jeffrey Hillman—一个退伍老兵和疏远两个孩子的父亲,说他已经在纽约无家可归十年了—他告诉纽约时报说他不记得有人拍过这样的照片但是他感受到了自己受到的关注。

"I was put on YouTube," he toldthe paper. "I was put on everything without permission. What do I get?This went around the world and I want a piece of the pie."

“我被放到了YouTube上,”他告诉媒体称。“在未经我允许的情况下他们就随意放我的东西到网上去。我能得到什么呢?这个消息传得全世界都知道了而我只想要一块馅饼。”

"I appreciate what the officer did,don't get me wrong," Hillman added. "I wish there were more peoplelike him in the world."

“我欣赏警察所做的事情,不要误解我。” Jeffrey Hillman解释道。“我希望世界上有更多像他一样的人。”

Hillman's brother Kirk lives in Nazareth, Pa.,and according to the Daily Mail had not heard from since January.

Jeffrey Hillman的哥哥居住在拿撒勒,巴勒斯坦。更具每日邮报的报道自从一月之后就没有收到过他的来信。

"We love our brother very much," KirkHillman told the Daily News. "Our door is always open to him,but this is a lifestyle he's chosen."

“我很爱我的弟弟,” KirkHillman和每日新闻说道,“我们的大门总是向他敞开,但是这不是他想选择的生活方式。”

转自龙腾

楼主| 发表于 2012-12-10 11:16 | 显示全部楼层
评论翻译:

Impeach Obama  •  46mins ago
Mental illness is a terrible thing.

精神疾病是一件可怕的事情。

Linda •  20 mins ago
All you can do is try. If you givesomething to someone, it's gone. The officer tried to help. This man didn't dothe best thing, which would have been to keep the boots and have warm feet.That's probably why he's homeless to start with. Poor decisions.

你能做的就是尽力做到最好。如果你给一个人一些东西,是会用光的。这个警察试图给予帮助,但这个男子没有尽力做到最好,他本该把鞋穿上让脚暖和些。那大概就是为什么他一开始就是无家可归的,糟糕的决定。

Tom •  33 mins ago
Some people do choose to be homeless. Iused to give day work to a homeless man in Florida who seemed as normal as anyone else.I never discussed why he was homeless but he seemed to be content with hissituation.

一些人确实自己选择了要无家可归。我过去有给过福罗里达州一个无家可归的人一份日常工作,他看上去和其他人一样。我从来没有和他谈论过为什么他会无家可归但是看上去他对自己的处境很满意。

Old Geezer •  41 mins ago
Sadly there are to many Homeless Veteranswith Mental Illness that are not being helped with their Mental Illness!

可悲的是由很多无家可归的退伍士兵患有精神疾病却得不到帮助!!

DaveBliss •  37 mins ago
More than a third of the homeless in the US are mentallyill. It's not enough to provide shelter and food if the root cause isn't dealtwith.

超过三分之一的美国无家可归的人都患有精神疾病。如果事情的根源得不到解决,那提供住所和食物是远远不够的。

Rob R •  8 mins ago
The fact remains that there are those whocannot be helped, no matter how you try.

事实是无论你怎么尝试,有一些人是你永远帮助不了的。

♀  •  10 mins ago
And this is why I ignore beggars. I've seenit a thousand times...they tell you some made up sob story but in reality, theyjust want money for drugs and/or alcohol.

这就是我为什么无视乞丐。我见过这种情况上千次了…他们只是告诉你一些捏造的令你哭泣的故事,但是事实上,他们只是想要钱去买毒品和酒。

Use Your Brains, Ppl!  •  30mins ago
If you give money to poor people, it doesnot make them rich.

如果你给穷人钱,也不会让他们变得富裕起来。

DEVIL IN DISGUISE  •  9mins ago
We are too busy spending our tax moneyhelping people in other countries that hate us. We are pathetic

我们忙于花我们纳税人的钱帮助其他国家仇恨我们的人,我们是可悲的。

GOPFAILURE •  29 mins ago
Unfortunately, there are MANY veterans whosuffer from GRAVE mental and emotional disorders brought on by life experiences(both in battle and otherwise).
Let us pray that this man be well.

不幸的是,有许多老兵患有严重了精神疾病和情绪失常,都是源于生活经历(在战场上还有其他方面)、让我们祈祷这个人一切都好。

Daniel L •  3 mins 14 secs ago
The cop did his part... Most homelesspeople are crazy, drug users, or both... Obviously this guy fits into one ofthose two categories...

这个警察做了他应该做的…大多数无家可归的人是疯子,或者毒品食用者,或者两者都是…显然这个人也符合这两者中的一个……

Tinyurl Com\JulieRayz ...  •  6mins ago
Mental illness is a terrible disease. Noone choses to have a disease.

精神疾病是一种可怕的疾病。没有人自己会选择患有这种病。

Mill57 •  11 mins ago
Homeless people make more money beingbarefoot while panhandling

对于无家可归的人来说在行乞的时候光着脚能够赚更多的钱。

Buddah •  16 mins ago
Many need help, but I was happy to read thewords, CHOSEN, because that's what it is.Others would have you believe it's societys fault, but in reality, it's thepersons decision.

许多人需要帮助,但我很高兴读到了这个词,选择,因为事实就是这样的。有些人会让你相信这是社会的错,但是事实上,这是个人的决定。

Gary  •  37 mins ago
"Our door is always open to him, butthis is a lifestyle he's chosen." This is according to his brother. Sothis man has chosen to be a bum and live on the street.

“我们的大门总是向他敞开,但是这不是他想选择的生活方式。”这是他哥哥说的话。所以这个男子是自己选择做流浪汉和住在街上的。

Bob •  4 mins 2 secs ago
Poverty and homlessness IS A CHOICE !!!PERIOD !!!!

贫穷和无家可归是一种选择!!!仅此而已!!!

J •  4 mins 52 secs ago
He wants a piece of the pie. Apple,pumpkin,etc......?

他想要一块馅饼。苹果,南瓜,等等……?

Marcus L •  6 mins ago
And that is precisely why people get sojaded about helping other people. The shoes are gone because they're"worth a lot of money".

这就是为什么人们现在对于帮助他人感到厌倦。鞋子不见了就因为“它值很多钱。”

Herman •  12 mins ago
If you have kids, your best bet is spendingyour hard earned money on getting them through college so as to not create morebums.

如果你有孩子的话,你最好还是花你辛苦赚的钱供你的孩子读到大学,就为了不要创造更多的流浪汉。

Planet Of The Retards  •  11mins ago
Some people are so poor all they have ismoney and materialism.

一些人很贫穷,他们有的只是金钱和物质主义。

Pacifico •  21 mins ago
Just proves you can't help some people....

这只是证明了有些人你不能帮助。。。

T-Mama ♥ •  19 mins ago
How sad that this gift was not taken andreceived with gratitude.

这个男子没有感激地接受这个礼物是多么悲哀啊。

Louis Cipher  •  49mins ago

"Those shoes are hidden," JeffreyHillman, the 54-year-old homeless man, told the New York Times. "They areworth a lot of money."
Used them to buy booze or drugs.

“那些鞋子藏起来了,”54岁的无家可归男子Jeffrey Hillman这样和纽约时报说道,“他们值很多钱呢。”
用钱去买酒和毒品了

D M •  2 mins 44 secs ago
If this is what he wants. It is still afree country. What can I say..
You can only do so much. Then they musthelp themself.
God bless the Officer for trying to do theright thing.

如果这就是他想要的生活,这是一个自由的国度,我还能说什么呢。。
你只能做这么多了,他们只能自己帮助自己
上帝保佑这个警察做了对的事情。

T. Roll •  1 min 45 secs ago
Homeless for 10 years in New York City? Put that guy on"Survivor" - he could win the money without even trying.

在纽约无家可归十年了?把这个家伙放到Survivor上去—他不用努力就能赢钱。

Jax •  1 min 49 secs ago
I'm just thankful they weren't stolen. Thatwas my first thought when the cop gave them to him. A $5 pair at a thrift storewould be more appropriate.

我只是庆幸他们没有偷窃。这是我读到警察把鞋子给他时候的第一想法。节俭店里一双5美元的鞋子可能更加合适。

John •  23 secs ago
Maybe this will help people understand thatthese guys aren't just "lazy", they're sick.

可能这可以帮助大家理解这些人不止是“懒惰”,他们是有病的。

Rar •  13 mins ago
I guess he didn't need the boots after all.might not be homeless either

我猜他根本不需要这双鞋,也可能就不是无家可归的人。

John L •  20 secs ago
move south, sandals are cheaper

去南方吧,鞋子会便宜些

Sir Cornman •  1 min 49 secs ago
Some people are beyond help, but thatshouldn't deter us from trying.

一些人是无法帮助的,但这不能阻止我们去尝试。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2012-12-10 12:29 | 显示全部楼层
杯水车薪  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 04:15 , Processed in 0.039050 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.