QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1636|回复: 1

[外媒编译] 【每日野兽20140313】要感谢反疫苗分子,把麻疹唤回了纽约

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-3-16 22:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 下个月 于 2014-3-17 08:32 编辑

【中文标题】要感谢反疫苗分子。你们把麻疹唤回了纽约。
【原文标题】Thanks,Anti-Vaxxers. You Just Brought Back Measles in NYC.
【登载博客】《每日野兽》
【原文作者】RussellSaunders (儿科医生)
【原文链接】http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/03/13/thanks-anti-vaxxers-you-just-brought-back-measles-in-nyc.html
【译者】nanotube
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【背景资料】
译者注:纽约卫生局3月11日宣布,布鲁克林区出现3例麻疹病患,这意味着之前仅在曼哈顿和布朗士出现的麻疹已扩散到布鲁克林。目前,纽约共有19例患者被确认已感染麻疹,10名为成年人,9名为儿童。
据美国疾控中心报告,这是1996年以来美国最大的一起麻疹暴发事件,并且已经追溯到感染源为一名17岁的纽约青年从英国伦敦带回来的(美国从2000年已经消灭了麻疹,但许多其他国家还在努力中)。该青年据查故意没有接种麻疹疫苗。他居住在一个强烈宗教信仰的家庭,该地区多个家庭拒绝给自己和儿童接种疫苗。
  1958年,美国曾暴发有公共卫生记录以来最严重的麻疹疫情,当年共发现76万多例病例,其中552人死亡。上世纪60年代,美国开始普及接种麻疹疫苗,之后麻疹病例数量大幅度下降。
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6236a5.htm
http://news.sinovision.net/society/201403/00286632.htm

要感谢反疫苗分子。你们把麻疹暴发唤回了纽约。

麻疹这一传染病在美国被认为在2000年已经消灭。现在它回来了,这要承蒙那些拒绝给孩子接种疫苗的疯子们。

这世上有很多事情是值得怀旧的,但传染病可能不会有几个人列到名单上。

不过,如果碰巧你非常怀念过去那种麻疹泛滥威胁公共健康的日子,我有好消息告诉你。反疫苗分子已经帮你把麻疹带回来了。

目前纽约正在发生一场麻疹暴发。麻疹曾经在2000年被认为从美国本土消灭,去年却在全国各地创纪录地暴发。这现在2014年才过去三个月就已经这样了,不仅在纽约这个全国最大的城市的多个行政区出现了疫情,全国其他主要的大都市地区都在发布新病例的警告。

这不是一个一笑了之的小病。麻疹是由病毒引起的一种高度传染性疾病。它通常表现为皮疹、发烧、咳嗽和流鼻涕,以及在口中长小包一系列症状。大多数患者会因此感觉不适但会自己痊愈,整个过程没太大危险。但不幸的是,大约1千个病人中就有一位会引发脑部炎症,在美国每1千个病例中有一到三人死亡。

否认疫苗的人士,对这种已经消灭的疾病死灰复燃要付直接责任。他们的运动对患病的人们要付直接责任。他们是“疾病暴发”这个词条从东海岸到西海岸各大新闻头条中出现的罪魁祸首。来自纽约的报告显示一些人已经住院,感染者包括几个月大,还不够岁数接种疫苗的婴儿。因为美国民众有很长一段时间不需要担心这个已经众所周知被控制住的疾病,不够警觉,大多数人可能没有意识到麻疹可以杀人,或者让孩子终身残疾。

我希望人们接种疫苗是有原因的。

那是因为我不希望患者在我的医室感染本来可以用疫苗预防的疾病(纽约的病例中至少有两个不幸的人是在访问自己的家庭医生时得了这个病)。在我的儿童医院,我不欢迎被家长拒绝接种的儿童病人进门。我无法完全消除来看我的孩子染病的可能性,但我可以尽我所能来减轻它。我永远不想知道,一个孩子因为拒绝疫苗的鲁莽父母而染病甚至死亡,而我坐视无动。

今天,在波士顿地区的超市购物的人会担心他们可能已经在买菜的时候感染上了。在西部湾区上下班通勤的乘客不得不担心他们自己或者子女可能会染上这种疾病,因为他们碰巧上了那一节带病毒的火车。仅仅今年,在加州洛杉矶附近已经有十几人被确诊患有麻疹,将近一半的患者当年故意拒绝接种疫苗。

这纯粹是疯了。十几年前这种病早就被认为在我国消灭了,而今年这么多人却为此染病住院。全都是因为对一个安全、有效的疫苗的歇斯底里的抵触。全都没有任何根据。

在正规科学界关于疫苗是否是安全不存在任何科学争论。最早引领人们走上这条疯狂的反疫苗路径的那个麻疹三联MMR疫苗跟儿童自闭症有关的错误研究已经早就被撤回。拒绝用MMR疫苗给健康人群接种的理由完全没有事实依据。

但人们继续做出完全莫名其妙的选择,拒绝了之。令人沮丧的是,似乎这帮人在事实和理性面前完全无动于衷,无法接受,就因为这些事实对他们的世界观不利。甚至有著名网媒的作者发文骂我们“贬损”反疫苗人士,称这样做“无法理解”。

我这么做原因很简单,打开每天的晚间新闻就能看到:反疫苗人士对这种已经消灭的疾病死灰复燃要付直接责任。他们的运动对患病的人们要付直接责任。他们是“疾病暴发”这个词条从东海岸到西海岸各大新闻头条中出现的罪魁祸首。

反疫苗人士可能会认为他们只是给他们自己的家庭做决定。事实上,他们是在威胁让我们其余的人生病。拒绝给孩子接种疫苗意味着你正在推进一场不断恶化的公共健康危机。这无可否认,也没有任何讲客气话的必要。

我希望反疫苗运动自己消退。也许,美国人能看到长期消灭的疾病又回来的事实而拒绝接受反疫苗主义作为一个值得思考的观点。也许,反疫苗的家长们在逛超市的时候,如果知道2个小时前有一个人在同一个地方买菜咳嗽了一下,想到会不会感染自己的孩子,会考虑这种焦虑到底值不值得,而重新考虑他们的选择。

麻疹在纽约暴发没有任何好的理由。在波士顿也一样,在洛杉矶也一样。但他们确实有来由。如果你错过了麻疹而很高兴看到它回来,请感谢反疫苗人士吧。

【网站介绍】The Daily Beast由《纽约客》前总编蒂娜·布朗和IAC创建于2008年,是一家专注于新闻、评论、文化以及娱乐的网站,它已经快速成为最受认可的美国新闻品牌之一。现在,该网站每月有接近500万独立访客。2010年,它和其他四个网站一道被《时代》杂志评选为全美年度最佳网站。TheDaily Beast是一个集合原创内容和其他网站新闻链接的平台。

【相关链接:麻疹在中国
http://www.wpro.who.int/china/mediacentre/factsheets/measles/zh/    】

【原文】
Thanks, Anti-Vaxxers. You Just Brought Back Measles in NYC.
Measles was considered eliminated at the turn of the millennium. Now it’s back, thanks to the loons who refuse to vaccinate their children.
Of all the things to be nostalgic for, infectious diseases probably don’t make it onto many lists.

However, if you happen to pine for the good old days when measles was an active public health threat, I have good news for you. The anti-vaccine crowd is bringing it back.

There is currently an outbreak of measles in New York City.  Considered eliminated in the United States in 2000, last year saw a record number of outbreaks around the country. It’s only three months into 2014, and not only is the nation’s largest city seeing cases in several boroughs, but other major metropolitan areas are warning of new cases as well.

This is not some inconvenience to be laughed off. Measles is a highly-contagious illness caused by a virus.  It usually presents with a combination of rash, fevers, cough and runny nose, as well as characteristic spots in the mouth. Most patients recover after an unpleasant but relatively uneventful period of sickness.  Unfortunately, about one patient in every 1,000 develops inflammation of the brain, and one to three cases per 1000 in the United States result in death.

Vaccine-deniers are responsible to the resurgence of once-eliminated illnesses. Their movement is responsible for sickening people. They are to blame for the word “outbreak” appearing in headlines from coast to coast.
Reports from New York note that several people have been hospitalized, and infected patients include infants too young to be vaccinated themselves. Because the American public hasn’t needed to worry much about this once-contained threat in quite some time, most people probably don’t know that measles can kill, or leave children permanently disabled.

We vaccinate people for a reason.

It is because I never want patients in my office to contract vaccine-preventable illnesses (like at least two unlucky people in the New York City outbreak, who got the disease from visiting their own doctors) that patients whose parents refuse to vaccinate them are not welcome in my practice. I cannot entirely eliminate the potential for disease exposure between children who come to see me, but I can do my best to mitigate it. I never want to know that a child was sickened or killed because I let the recklessness of a vaccine-refusing parent jeopardize their health.

But now, shoppers in Boston-area supermarkets get to worry that they may have been exposed when they stopped by for groceries. Commuters in the Bay Area now have to contend with the possibility that they or their children may contract the illness because they happened to get on the wrong train.  Over a dozen people around Los Angeles have been diagnosed with measles already this year, nearly half of them intentionally unvaccinated.

This is sheer lunacy.  Just over a dozen years ago this illness was considered eliminated in our country, and this year people are being hospitalized for it. All due to the hysteria about a safe, effective vaccine. All based on nothing.

There is no legitimate scientific controversy about whether or not vaccines are safe.  The original study that started us down this insane path by linking the MMR vaccine to autism has been retracted outright. The evidence against administering the MMR vaccine to healthy individuals is utterly without merit.

But people continue to make the utterly baffling choice to refuse it anyway.  Dispiriting new information seems to indicate that they are immune to persuasion when confronted with facts inconvenient to their worldview. Indeed, writers at prominent online media outlets chide us for “demeaning” vaccine-deniers, saying to do so “defies explanation.”

The explanation is simple, and is as accessible as the nightly news. Vaccine-deniers are responsible to the resurgence of once-eliminated illnesses. Their movement is responsible for sickening people. They are to blame for the word “outbreak” appearing in headlines from coast to coast.

The anti-vaccine crowd may think they’re only making a decision for their own family. In fact, they’re threatening to make the rest of us sick. Refusing to vaccinate your children means you are contributing to a worsening public health crisis. There is no denying it, and there is no point in sugar-coating it.

I hope the anti-vaccine movement somehow loses steam. Perhaps America will take note of the return of long-gone illnesses and will stop treating vaccine denialism as a viewpoint worth considering. Perhaps vaccine-refusing parents will consider whether it’s worth the anxiety of knowing that a person who coughed in their grocery store two hours earlier could infect their kids as they do the week’s shopping together, and will reconsider their choices.

There is no good reason for there to be a measles outbreak in New York. Or Boston. Or LA.  But there they are.  If you missed measles and are glad it’s back, thank a vaccine-denier.

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2014-3-17 08:35 | 显示全部楼层
智商缺乏症是人类毁灭的原因之一,略等同于小男孩
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-10 04:51 , Processed in 0.044250 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.