找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 863|回复: 1

[社会] 美警枪杀黑人小男孩后续

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-11-25 18:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Fires, chaos erupt in Ferguson after grand jury doesn't indict in Michael Brown case
By Moni Basu, Holly Yan and Dana Ford, CNN
November 25, 2014 -- Updated 0943 GMT (1743 HKT)
Ferguson, Missouri (CNN) -- The announcement of a grand jury's decision not to indict Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of unarmed teen Michael Brown was met with chaos Monday night.
While many of the protesters were peaceful, more than 15 gunshots were heard as businesses throughout the city were looted or set ablaze.
The violence marred the wishes of Brown's parents, who have been pleading for peace.
"This is crazy. I mean, this doesn't do anything," one resident told CNN.
She worried about how her city would pick up the pieces.
"They're not going to rebuild. It's just going to be a ghost town pretty soon."
While most of the protesters were peacefully assembled on the streets of Ferguson, some protesters smashed the windows of a police cruiser and tried to overturn it, CNN's Jake Tapper reported. Some picked up bricks and smashed the windows of a restaurant.
Several gunshots were heard, CNN teams on the ground said.
Some protesters rushed the officers lined up in front of the Ferguson police department. Some in the crowd told the agitators to stop throwing bottles, but their urgings fells on deaf air.
Police responded by lobbing tear gas, even though they said they were smoke pellets.
One protester named Angel told CNN that a woman in the crowd had a heart attack, and as several people tried to carry the woman away, they were tear gassed.
In the distance, a police cruiser was on fire.
Fearing just such a reaction, Brown's father had urged demonstrators earlier to remain calm no matter what the grand jury decided.
"Hurting others or destroying property is not the answer," Michael Brown Sr. said. "No matter what the grand jury decides, I do not want my son's death to be in vain. I want it to lead to incredible change, positive change. Change that makes the St. Louis region better for everyone."
Brown Sr.'s words were echoed by President Barack Obama who too called for calm.
It is an "understandable reaction" that some Americans will agree and others will be made angry by the decision to not indict Wilson, Obama said Monday night.
"First and foremost, we are a nation built on the rule of law, so we need to accept this decision was the grand jury's to make," he said.

楼主| 发表于 2014-11-25 18:31 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 银河WT 于 2014-11-25 18:38 编辑

Supporters of Brown's family back witness accounts that Wilson fired while Brown, 18, had his hands up in surrender. Wilson's supporters say that Brown was the aggressor and had tried to take Wilson's gun while he was in his vehicle and that the officer fired in self-defense.
警察的朋友说是18岁,18岁还玩玩具手枪,跟我一样没童年啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-27 11:21 , Processed in 0.031163 second(s), 16 queries , Gzip On.