注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 1143|回复: 1

[网贴翻译] 【CNN 20141126】同志在中国 彩虹旗是否自由飘扬

[复制链接]
发表于 2014-11-28 13:12 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 独秀文译青年 于 2014-11-28 13:15 编辑

【原文标题】Being gay in China: Does the rainbow flag fly free?
【中文标题】同志在中国  彩虹旗是否自由飘扬
【文章来源】Kristie Lu Stout, CNN
【原文链接】http://edition.cnn.com/2014/11/26/world/asia/china-rainbow-flag/index.html?iref=storysearch

Beijing (CNN) -- In this narrow Beijing hutong, the rainbow flag flies free.
I'm in Two Cities Cafe, a popular meeting place for the local gay community. Here, I meet with some of the country's leading LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) advocates to learn about gay identity in China.
CNN记者Kristie Lu Stout穿过北京的小胡同,来到受同性恋欢迎的双城咖啡酒吧。这里挂了一面彩虹旗,Kristie与几位中国LGBT群体拥护者在圆桌旁展开了对话,深入了解同性恋在中国的状况。

P@43U2)73N3`WIE)[F`_4DR.jpg
图为对话视频的截图

In the last two decades, China's LGBT community has made huge gains in social acceptance.
在过去二十年里,中国LGBT群体在社会认可度方面取得了长足进步。

Homosexuality was decriminalized in 1997, and a few years later it was removed from an official list of mental illnesses.
1997年,中国将同性恋非罪化。2001年,同性恋不再被列为精神疾病。

But unlike their counterparts in the West, China's LGBT community does not have to face down strident political opposition or right-wing religious uproar.
与西方LGBT群体不同的是,中国的LGBT群体不用面对激烈的政治纷争和保守宗教势力的干预。

For them, the biggest source of pressure comes from the family, brought on in part by China's one-child policy.
但计划生育政策让家庭压力成为他们面对的最大挑战。

"You have only one child so you want your child to be as 'normal' as everybody else," says Xiaogang Wei, Executive Director of the Beijing Gender Health Education Institute.
北京性健康教育研究会执行董事魏小刚说:“因为你只有一个孩子,所以你期望你的孩子像别人一样‘正常’。”

"There's also the pressure of carrying on the family line," adds Chi Heng Foundation founder Chung To.
智行基金会创始人杜聪表示,传宗接代也是这个群体被迫面临的一大压力。

Fake marriages?
形婚?

Many Chinese gays and lesbians are responding to the family pressure with "cooperative marriages" -- gay men and lesbian women marrying each other out of social and economic convenience, often finding each other online.
出于来自家庭压力、社会压力以及个人利益考虑,许多中国男同性恋和女同性恋通过网络寻求“形式婚姻”。

"I grew up in the 80s and 90s and most of the people my age, everyone, got into marriage -- no matter gay or straight," says Xu Bin, founder of the advocacy group Common Language.
一家支持同性恋的民间组织“同语”的负责人徐玢说:“我成长在上世纪八九十年代,与我年龄相仿的人无论是不是同性恋都结了婚。”

"If you're not, you're a monster."
“如果没结婚,那么在别人眼中你就是个怪人。”

Despite advances, the social stigma remains immense. According to a 2013 survey by U.S. research group Pew, only 21% of China's population was in favor of the acceptance of homosexuality.
同性恋尽管在权益方面取得不少进步,但是身上还是背负着深刻的社会烙印。皮尤研究中心2014年的调查表明,中国只有21%的人对同性恋持赞成态度。

Same-sex marriage remains a taboo topic for many across China.
在中国,对于许多人来说,同性婚姻是一个忌讳的话题。

And a number of clinics in China offer so-called "conversion" shock treatment to "cure" homosexuality.
在中国,还有许多诊所利用“矫正电击疗法”来扭转同性恋的性向。

Earlier this year, a Beijing court heard China's first case to challenge the treatment. But a delay in the ruling has raised concerns in the gay community that clinics may continue to provide such treatments.
今年,北京法院开庭审理了中国首例“同性恋治疗案”。法院的裁决结果延迟公布,对同性恋群体来说,他们担心诊所会继续提供这样的治疗。

Discrimination
职场歧视

China's LGBT professionals must also contend with a lack of legal protection against discrimination at work.
LGBT群体在工作上也缺乏相应的法律保护。

"The job discrimination is very subtle and you might not get a promotion because you are single. You might get fired because of all kinds of reasons," says To.
杜聪说:“工作中的歧视问题很微妙,如果你是单身,那么升职对于你来说不太容易。你也可能因此被解雇。”

"There's no protection."
“因为得不到法律的保护。”

Though China has a long way to go before its gay professionals thrive professionally in all workplaces, Chinese gay activists are encouraged by the recent announcement by Apple CEO Tim Cook.
最近苹果CEO蒂姆库克宣布出柜,中国同性恋活跃分子因此受到极大鼓舞。但中国同性恋职工要想在职场上发展顺风顺水,还得继续付出努力。

"I think Tim Cook's coming out of the closet is very important to the Chinese society, especially in the business world," Wei tells me.
韦(音译)说:“蒂姆·库克的出柜对中国社会有很重要的影响,尤其在商界。”

"It also very effectively motivated people into thinking about the direct and non-direct connections between homosexual people and the products that we all use in our lives."
“同时,该事件也充分鼓励人们思考,到底同性恋和我们使用的产品之间存在怎样直接和间接的关系。”

New generation
年轻一代

With these forces for change coming from both outside and inside China, the country's LGBT community is forging ahead, despite its unique set of challenges.
尽管中国LGBT群体面临的挑战比较特殊,但他们仍带着国内外支持改变的声音继续向前发展。

"For the past ten years, the most change probably came from the visibility of the LGBT community in Chinese society. For the next ten years, I would say it's the visibility of LGBT rights in China," says Xu.
徐玢说:“在过去十年间,LBGT群体争取到的改变是社会的关注。而在接下来十年里,这一群体要在社会关注下,获得属于自己的权益。”

As the focus shifts to a stronger call for greater rights, China's pioneering gay activists are looking to the younger generation to pick up the mantle.
随着LGBT群体努力的焦点从“取得社会关注”转移到“获得更多权益”,中国同性恋运动领头人们希望年轻一代能够勇敢为目标的实现作出一番努力。

"This generation is a lot more confident and self-assertive," To tells me.
"And they have more resources," adds Xu.
杜聪说:“这一代人更自信,更有主见。而且他们会有更多的方法。”

"In the end, I think we're fighting not just for a better situation for LGBT, but a better situation for all minorities and vulnerable people," says To.
他还补充道“我们为LGBT群体作出的斗争,不仅仅是让这一群体拥有更好的环境,还争取让所有少数群体和弱势人群得到更大的生存空间”。

Out and proud, China's gay activists are an increasingly vocal minority pushing for change that could very well reach every corner of Chinese society.
“我同志我自豪”,中国同性恋活跃分子越来越敢于表达自我,这将继续推动中国同性恋群体向前发展。
发表于 2014-12-16 17:18 | 显示全部楼层
我去年买了个表
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-9 22:00 , Processed in 0.041663 second(s), 22 queries , Gzip On.