找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3171|回复: 13

[中外交流] 加拿大土包子视频给我惹的”麻烦” -中英对照

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-4-29 03:11 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这段由一位加拿大朋友制作的视频以朴实的语言道出了一个普通西方人对近期的西藏事件以及西方媒体歪曲事实的看法。自贴出以后受到很多网友的好评。由于原视频是英文,而且无字幕,所以英文不是很好的朋友无法欣赏。我花了一天的时间翻译,并制作了中文字幕,并重新贴到Youtube上。时间主要花在视频格式的转换和字幕的制作上,因为以前从来没有做过字幕。我同时也会传到新浪播客,

youtube视频地址:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0ZKU7k5ZeI  。

新浪视频地址:http://you.video.sina.com.cn/m/1374004733
http://vhead.blog.sina.com.cn/player/outer_player.swf?auto=1&vid=12646555&uid=1374004733

这是我加了中文字幕后发布在youtube的视频:

这是加拿大土包子发布的原始视频:

自从我心血来潮给那个加拿大土包子的视频加上中文字幕,并贴到Youtube上去后,更多的国内网友有机会观看了这段视频,现在这段视频已经收录到 Anti-CNN网站的首页,在Youtube的点击量也已经超过了两万。虽然我不断的说明我不是这段视频的原作者,所以赞美和诋毁我都不接受,但是还是有很多人把我当成原作者,说我长得帅的(呵呵,偷着乐),骂我骗人的都有。

下面这封邮件是一个美国韩战老兵发给我的,他是在我评论区不断发帖诋毁那段视频的人之一。我以把它和我的回复翻成中文。

他的邮件:

I have only been toHong Kong and Kowloon. I have been to Kaoushiung.(sp). I have been toChinese engagement party. I ate sea urchin andshark fin soup. Mybrother in law, a sifu in wing chun gung fu, ate thefish head. My newdaughter, Juan Chau is Chinese. I know her parents,her sister, heraunts and uncles and her cousins. They live in SanDiego, Los Angeles,San Jose and San Francisco mostly. They were at thewedding too. Myyoungest son married Juanie.

我只去过香港和九龙。我去过高雄。我参加过中国人的订婚仪式,我吃海葵,喝鱼翅汤。我的妹夫(或姐夫)是个咏春功夫的师傅,他吃鱼头。我的儿媳,Juan Chau,是个中国人。我认识她的父母,姐妹,姨妈,叔叔,和她的表兄妹们。他们大部分住在圣地亚哥,洛杉矶,圣荷西和三藩市。他们也都参加了我儿子的婚礼。她是我小儿子的妻子。

I myself am a KoreanWar veteran. At first I was unhappy about having aChinese person in myown immediate family. That was based on prejudicefrom the Korean war,and the Vietnam war. We had to kill many Chinesepeople because theyleft China and came to try to kill us.
我自己是韩战退伍兵。起先我因为自己家庭里有个中国人感到不爽。这个偏见源于韩战和越战。我们不得不杀死很多中国人,因为他们离开中国来杀我们。【注:这真是强盗逻辑,他们在自己的国土上吗!】

I have learned more and moreabout China over the years. Years!. Not sixweeks in China. I thinkyour thrust here was that if I hadn't traveledin China I couldn't knowanything. You also thought, smugly andarrogantly, that I wouldn't beworth debating if I hadn't traveled inChina.
数年来,我对中国所知不断增加。很多年!而不是六个星期【注:这里指加拿大不包子只在中国呆了六个礼拜】。我觉得你认为如果我没有去过中国,我就对中国一无所知。你心里也非常傲慢而且暗喜:如果我从没去过中国,我的观点就不值一驳。

I am Tatar. I havespecial empathy for the Uyghurs in xinjiang province.The Chinese havebrutalized these people for years. China seems to befrightened byanyone who can organize anything.
我是鞑靼人。我对新疆的维吾尔族人尤其同情。中国人残酷统治他们很多年。中国好像惧怕任何有能力组织任何事情的人。

Tibetan Monks, unarmedand peaceful,resent Chinese obliteration of their culture. Obliterationof theirhistoric sites. The importation of Han Chinese to get thegoodgovernment jobs.The Han Chinese can have businesses and propertythere,but not the Tibetans.
手无寸铁的和平西藏僧人,他们憎恨中国人对他们文化及圣地的漠视。他们也痛恨那些在当地政府工作的汉人。汉人可以有自己的生意,但是西藏人却不可以。

The Tibetans are no threat, no problem fortheChinese. They can easily subdue the Buddhist monks. But the UyghursareMuslim people. They want to practice their religion. NO saysChina.They want to study in school in their own language. NO saysChina. Theywant to have children and live peacefully with theirneighbors. NO saysChina.

西藏人对中国人来说不是威胁,也不是问题。他们可以轻易的制服佛教僧人,但是维吾尔人不同。他们想信仰自己的宗教,中国说“不”;他们想在以自己语言为教学语言的学校学习,中国说“不”;他们想生儿育女并且与自己的邻居和平相处,中国说“不”。

The UYghurs have a history of being a warlike people . Theyare nowforming alliances with some Turkmen, some Chechens, someTatars, andthey want more autonomy from China. China did the samething in EastTurkestan that they did in Tibet. They sent in the armyand just sort oftook over.

维吾尔自古就是善战的民族。他们不与土耳其人,车臣人,和鞑靼人结盟,他们想从中国得到更多的自治。中国在东突的所作所为和在西藏的所作所为如出一辙-他们派兵去,然后占领。
      Now we have the Olympics. Now we have Uyghurs arming with the help of other Turkic tribesmen. Now we have a BIG problem.

现在有了奥运,现在的维吾尔人有了土耳其人的支持,现在的问题大了。

Don'tbelieve me. And don't try to debate me. I never asked for adebate. Ijust wanted you to know that some people who watch Youtube donotbelieve the crap on this video. It is over as far as debating anyoneisconcerned.

不要相信我,也不要试着和我争论。我从来就不想争论。我只是想告诉你看了Youtube上这段视频的人中,有的并不相信它。没有必要和任何人争论。
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-29 03:11 | 显示全部楼层
我的回复:   

I will not try to debate with you, because I don't want to pretend toknow what I don't. However, to say that those Tibetan monks are peaceful is like saying American's war against Iraq is for the true benefits of a democratic Iraq.
我不会和你争辩,因为我不会假装知道自己并不知道的东西。但是说那些西藏僧人是和平的,就好象说美国侵略伊拉克是为了伊拉克的民主一样令人难以置信。

Religiously, monks are supposed to be separated from the mundane world; they are especially not supposed to be interested in politics. Don't get me wrong here; I amnot saying that they should be a piece of meat on acutting board, but they should not be a political force either. The videos I see of the March 14 Tibet riot, they are not monks, but armed mobs, and they are anything but peaceful demonstrators.
从宗教意义上见,僧人应该是脱离尘世的,他们根本不应该和政治有任何关联。我不是说他们就应该任人宰割,但是他们也不应该成为一种政治力量。 从314时间的视频来看,他们根本不是僧人,而是武装暴徒,他们也根本不是和平示威者。

If the Chinese government wanted to suppress them, do you think they would even come close to burning somany shops and kill so many innocent people? If what happened in Tibetwas like how CNN made it sound to be, then why did CNN and the likes had to rely on image cropping and blatant fact distortions to justify its claim? Need I tell you that in many occasions pictures of Nepalese policemen chasing and beating Tibetan monks were deliberate used toshow how brutal Chinese policemen were? What would your government andy our police force do in situations like this?
如果中国政府真的要镇压他们,你以为那些暴徒会有机会烧毁这么多的店铺,杀死这么多的无辜吗?如果发生在西藏的一切真如CNN试图想让我们相信的那样,那么CNN之流为什么要借助对图片的剪辑和对事实的歪曲来自圆其说呢?我想不需要我告诉你,在很多媒体上,尼泊尔警察追杀藏僧的图片被用来证明中国的警察是多么的残忍。如果遇到同样的骚乱,你所在国家的警察会做何反应呢?

Suddenly no western media is interested in the well-beings of those whose shops and houses were burnt whose beloved ones were killed and they wanted the whole world to believe that those who inflicted pains on the innocentsare the victims themselves. I say this is really maddening.
突然之间,所有的西方媒体不去关心那些店铺被烧,亲人被无辜杀害的人们;相反,他们却想让全世界的人相信,那些给这些无辜的人们带来痛苦的人才是真正的受害者。这使人非常气愤。

I understand that a person's view on certain issues are closely related to his personal experiences. Thus to try to convince others to agree with our own opinions is not possible, nor is it necessary, and definitely not intended in the video. The author of the video suggested that people who hold negative views on China but who have never been to China(mainland, of course) do so, because "they may even be pleasantly surprised."
我明白,一个人对某些事情的观点和这个人的个人经历有很密切的关系。所以,试图让别人接受我们的观点是不可能的,也是不必要的,而且根本不是视频原作者的初衷。视频的作者建议那些反对中国而又从没去过中国的人(当然指的是中国大陆)亲自到中国去看看,因为“他们也许会有意外的惊喜”。

For what it is worth, I was an active member in the studentsanti-government demonstration in China back in 1989. I am fully aware ofhow corrupted the government officials can be in China. I  also know,however, that a democratic China can only happen from within, because there are very few countries in this world who genuinely want to see a strong and democratic China, contrary to what they claim.

八九年学运时我是一个非常积极的参与者,所以我非常明白中国有些政府官员非常腐败。但是我也同样知道,一个民主的中国只能由中国人民自己去争取,应为当今世界上没有多少国家真心的想看到一个民主的强大的中国,虽然他们口头上这么说。

You are welcome to continue posting your different opinions in the comment area; I will never discontinue the comments, but will not debate with you directly. Like I said, we have different world views, and that is perfectly alright with me.
欢迎你继续在视频的评论区发表自己的不同见解,我不会把评论功能关掉,但是我也不会再和你直接辩论。如我所说,我们的观点不同,我对此没有任何问题。

Best regards.
致安
发表于 2008-4-29 04:31 | 显示全部楼层
回答得非常好,佩服!!!
发表于 2008-4-29 05:42 | 显示全部楼层

楼主很棒

对于那些向来就对中国有成见的人,本来也就不需要争辩,我们要争取的是那些被蒙蔽双眼的外国受害者,而不是那些成见极深的人(暂且叫他们人吧)
发表于 2008-4-29 05:48 | 显示全部楼层
土耳其人支持东突?顶多是嘴上说说吧,我在这里的学校倒是认识个移民新疆的土耳其人,对东突有些了解, 就一句话:东突他们这些年搞得恐怖活动,汉人没死多少,炸死的都是维族人,跟着他们能有什么好?
发表于 2008-4-29 06:24 | 显示全部楼层
我觉得你最大的问题就是没有能够让他意识到你们的分歧所在而仅仅是认可了这种 分歧 的存在。

他对中国认识的一个最大与我们通常的认识最大的区别在于他认为西藏人和新疆人在中国处于长期的压迫之中,而事实上这些少数民族是得到了中央多方面的照顾的。比如西藏,地方政府的财政支出是财政收入一百倍(具体数字记不清了),这就很能说明问题。“The Han Chinese can have businesses and propertythere,but not the Tibetans“ 不知道他怎么会得出来这样的一个结论。如果他说的not是指can not的话,我真的会觉得他对西藏一无所知。
如果说维吾尔人善战的话,我真的不知道蒙古族人,满族人,山西人这些人应该被摆到一个什么样的地位上去。
中国,不是汉人的国家,而是全体中华民族的国家。我们的国家有五十六个民族,其中大部分的民族有自己的语言,大约一半的民族有自己的书面文字。其中大部分的民族都主要生活在西部欠发达地区,他们的生活条件条件急需改善。如果他们觉得中国每个少数民族都被压迫,都应该得到“解放”的话,那他们有得忙了。
hjkhiooi 该用户已被删除
发表于 2008-4-29 06:35 | 显示全部楼层
不要说服他,这人的思想已经被志愿军打的凝固了,就跟汽油弹一样,非得狠狠的敲它,才会起反映
 楼主| 发表于 2008-4-29 09:18 | 显示全部楼层
你说的很对,但是如楼上hjkhiooi 所说,这样参见过韩战的人,如果他有反华思想,又岂是一朝一日形成的,如果你去和他争论细节,就中了他的圈套。我的回复也比较仓促,现在回头再看,确实有很多话未说尽。多谢提醒。
原帖由 chillsea 于 2008-4-29 06:24 发表
我觉得你最大的问题就是没有能够让他意识到你们的分歧所在而仅仅是认可了这种 分歧 的存在。

他对中国认识的一个最大与我们通常的认识最大的区别在于他认为西藏人和新疆人在中国处于长期的压迫之中,而事实上这些少数 ...
发表于 2008-4-29 10:47 | 显示全部楼层
说的好,民主靠自己,别人强加的民主,还是民主吗~
发表于 2008-4-29 11:38 | 显示全部楼层
楼主很厉害啊!!!我也想说你很帅!呵呵~~~~~
发表于 2008-4-29 11:54 | 显示全部楼层
放心吧~~~~~都要进骨灰坛的人,跟他争什么
发表于 2008-4-29 13:04 | 显示全部楼层
全是歪理邪说:“手无寸铁的和平西藏僧人,他们憎恨中国人对他们文化及圣地的漠视。他们也痛恨那些在当地政府工作的汉人。汉人可以有自己的生意,但是西藏人却不可以。西藏人对中国人来说不是威胁,也不是问题。他们可以轻易的制服佛教僧人,但是维吾尔人不同。他们想信仰自己的宗教,中国说“不”;他们想在以自己语言为教学语言的学校学习,中国说“不”;他们想生儿育女并且与自己的邻居和平相处,中国说“不”。”

那些制造骚乱的藏人是手无寸铁的吗?西藏同胞不可以有自己的生意吗?中国政府不让维族兄弟信仰自己的宗教了吗?维族儿童不准学维语了吗?中国政府不准维族兄弟多生孩子了吗?不准他们跟自己的邻居和平相处了吗?

全是胡说!!
发表于 2008-4-29 13:05 | 显示全部楼层
楼主太牛叉了!!!
佩服!
发表于 2008-5-10 02:55 | 显示全部楼层
今天我就是专门来顶帖子的!!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-2 14:14 , Processed in 0.042946 second(s), 20 queries , Gzip On.