找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 5838|回复: 33

[现场亲历] 澳洲记者徒步前往汶川

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-5-16 11:45 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
这两天听了澳大利亚广播公司(ABC)驻中国记者发回来的报道,很是为他们的敬业精神所感动。只有这样的新闻才是真正的新闻。相比之下我们中央电视台那位退回酒店记者真是应该无地自容了。

现将昨今两天ABC最重要的早间新闻节目“AM”中播出的广播文稿翻译过来,大家看看。该节目每天早上8:00在ABC各地方台播出。

Death toll rises in China quake
中国地震死亡人数攀升

Thursday, 15 May , 2008
2008年5月15日星期四

Reporter: Stephen McDonell
记者:斯蒂文•麦克唐纳

TONY EASTLEY: First to China where more than 40,000 people are dead, missing or buried under rubble as the horror of its devastating earthquake continues to unfold.
托尼•伊斯特利(节目主持人):首先关注中国,那里有超过4万人死亡,失踪或是被埋在废墟下,这场破坏性地震的惨状逐渐显现出来。

Rescue workers are finally reaching the worst affected areas in the mountains to the north of Chengdu in Sichuan province in south-western China. Correspondent Stephen McDonell travelled to one of the worst affected counties.
救援人员最终到达了位于中国西南四川省成都以北受灾最严重的山区。记者斯蒂文•麦克唐纳也去到了受灾最严重的县之一。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: We set out to reach Beichuan not knowing if we'd get through. We'd heard that 80 per cent of buildings were destroyed there, but heavy rain and landslides were blocking roads into the mountains. Some roads in Sichuan were cracked apart by Monday's strong earthquake.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:我们出发前往北川,尽管我们不知道能否最终抵达那里。我们听说那里80%的房屋被毁,但是大雨和山体滑坡阻塞了同往山区的道路。在周一的强烈地震中,四川的一些道路坍塌。

We drove through Mianyang on the way - 18,000 people were reportedly trapped under the rubble in areas around this city. The further we drove from Mianyang to Beichuan, the more destruction we came across. Soon we were seeing whole villages that had been flattened. One woman who'd fled from Beichuan left family members behind.
在路上我们驱车经过绵阳,据说在这个城市范围内有1万8千人被困在废墟瓦砾中。从绵阳越往北川开,沿途可见越来越多的地震破坏。不多久我们就看见不少村庄整个夷为平地。我们遇见一名从北川逃出来失去亲人的妇女。

WOMAN (translated): I lost my daughter-in-law and grandson. I lost them. My daughter-in-law and my grandson are missing. A piece of the mountain just fell off and buried my house. I've lost my family members. I'm very angry. It doesn't matter that I've lost my things but two of my family members are missing. My husband and I are looking for them but haven't found them yet.
妇女:我的媳妇和孙子都没了,我找不到他们。我的媳妇和孙子都失踪了。一片山塌了下来把我家的房子都埋掉了。我全家人都没了。我真急啊。我自己的东西不见了都没有关系,但是我的两个亲人都失踪了啊。我和我老公四处寻找都找不到他们。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: The road to Beichuan has convoys of soldiers heading into the mountains to join the rescue efforts. On the other side of the road are those who have been lucky enough to escape the earthquake. We spoke to one man as he jumped off the back of a truck crammed with people.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:在通往北川的公路上,运送士兵的车队正开赴山区去参加救援行动。在路的另一侧是那些十分幸运躲过地震的人们在逃离灾区。我们采访了一位从塞满人的卡车尾部跳下来的男子。

MAN (translated): When the earthquake happened at around 3.30 I was on a bus in Beichuan. The bus shook up and down and then from left to right. It almost turned over, so I got off the bus in a hurry. The houses on both sides of the road have all collapsed. The roads have all collapsed. My house is gone too. My family is all right though. My child was in Mianyang at the time. Lots of people have died. I think tens of thousands of people have died but the number isn't clear. Almost all students have died.
男子:当时地震的时候是3点20多分,我正在一辆开往北川的公共汽车上。汽车先是上下震动然后就是左右摇晃,差不多要翻车,我立马跳下汽车。路两旁的房子都垮塌了。这个路也都塌陷下去。我的房子也没有了。不过我的家人都还好。那个时候我的小孩还在绵阳。许多人都死了。我想上万人已经死了但是具体数目不清楚。几乎所有的学生都死了。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: People are running out of water in the mountains around Beichuan so when a water truck arrives from outside the quake zone, they rush to fill up whatever containers they can carry.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:北川附近山区的人们都没水可用,当一辆从震区以外来的运水卡车到达时,人们争先用他们能拿到的容器去装水。

In Yaojincun village we watched a makeshift funeral for an 80-year-old man. The body of this Korean War veteran was on slab of wood in the middle of the rubble that was once his house. His black Kung Fu slippers were sticking out from under the sheet. His friends and family burnt incense and Chinese money for the afterlife.
在Yao Jin村,我们看到了一个为80岁老人的临时葬礼。在一片瓦砾中,这位参加过朝鲜战争的退伍老兵遗体放在原来属于他自家房子的一块木板上。他脚上的一双黑布鞋露在掩盖的布单外面。他的朋友和家人为他的来世烧香和焚烧纸钱。

Every house in this village was destroyed. Dozens died, everyone is homeless and their food is under the rubble too. The weather forecast is for more rain in the coming days.
这个村子的所有房屋都被摧毁了。几十人死亡,每个人都无家可归,食物也都埋在瓦砾中。天气预报说未来几天还有更多的降水。

This is Stephen McDonell on the outskirts of Beichuan, for AM.  
这是斯蒂文•麦克唐纳在北川郊外为AM节目做的报道。

AM Correspondent in worst affected area
AM记者在重灾区

Thursday, 15 May , 2008
2008年5月15日星期四

TONY EASTLEY: Since our correspondent Stephen McDonell filed that report he's now back on the road. It's around dawn in Sichuan province. Stephen McDonell, where are you now and what are the conditions like there?
托尼•伊斯特利(节目主持人):由于我们的记者斯蒂文•麦克唐纳需要存档刚才的报道,现他在返回的途中。目前是四川的拂晓时分。斯蒂文•麦克唐纳你现在在什么地方?那里的情况如何?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Well I'm walking along the road to Wenchuan which was actually the epicentre, the worst hit area of the quake. I'm basically we're walking through towns where lots and lots of buildings have collapsed. As I'm looking around there's plenty of rubble and you know, evidence of the devastation, some people carrying food and water back into the devastated area and others coming out.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:我正走在通往震中汶川的路上,那里是这次地震摧毁最严重的地方。基本上说,在我们步行经过的乡镇,许许多多的建筑物都已经倒塌了。我放眼望去这里是成片的瓦砾和毁灭的迹象,一些人携带这水和食物进入灾区,同时一些人离开这里。

TONY EASTLEY: So that area of Wenchuan, you say that that was the epicentre; are there still people trapped in the rubble there or have they all been cleared?
托尼•伊斯特利:像在你所说的震中汶川地区,还有人被埋在瓦砾下吗?还是他们已经被清理出来了?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: No there are definitely large numbers of people who are still trapped in the rubble up there and what we're doing now is walking, basically what we're trying to go and see is workers who are trying to establish, re-establish road links into Wenchuan. And the reason for this is that there are such large numbers of people still trapped up there. And people will see no doubt during the day there are aerial pictures, the first aerial pictures shot by the Chinese military, showing widespread destruction in Wenchuan. So that's what we're trying to do, to head up and see as far as we can get, as close as we can get to this worst hit area.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:不,当然目前还有许多人仍然被埋在瓦砾下,我们现在步行前往那里,希望能够看看救援人员如何建立或重建连接汶川的道路,因为还有大量的人仍然被埋在那里。人们可以很清楚地通过航拍图片看见在汶川有广泛建筑物摧毁,第一批航拍图片是中国军队拍下来的。这也就是我们为什么设法前往那里,尽我们所能尽量到达离重灾区最近的地方。

TONY EASTLEY: Stephen, how long do you think the survivors can be expected to hold out while this rescue operation drags on?
托尼•伊斯特利:斯蒂文,在救援行动受阻的情况下,你认为那些幸存者还能坚持多久?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Well you know, you'd have to think that for many people time is really running out. Three days now stuck under the rubble, if you were still alive. Bear in mind it's been raining as well for a couple of those days. I think time certainly, if it hasn't already, would be fast running out for many people if they're still alive, who have been trapped.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:你不得不这么想,对许多人来说所剩时间真得不多了。如果你仍然活着的话,三天了仍被卡在瓦砾中。不得不考虑到这三天中两天一直在下雨。我想如果情况依然没有改善的话,对那些被埋在那里可能还活着的人来说,时间很快就要用完了。

Mind you, we did see last night rescue workers pulling a pregnant woman out of the rubble and everybody cheering. So I guess that sort of thing spurs people on to keep going, even though that sort of thing is not happening very much at the moment.
另外告诉你,我们昨晚看到救援人员把一名孕妇从瓦砾中拖出来了,在场的每一个人都在欢呼。我想即使这种事情目前还不太多,但这种事情激励着人们坚持努力。

TONY EASTLEY: Stephen McDonell in Sichuan province.
托尼•伊斯特利:这是斯蒂文•麦克唐纳在四川省(发来的报道)

AM China correspondent reports from quake epicenter
AM中国特派记者发自地震震中的报道

Friday, 16 May , 2008
2008年5月16日

TONY EASTLEY: The Chinese Government has predicted that the death toll from this week's earthquake will exceed 50,000. The majority of those casualties will come from areas to the north of Sichuan's capital, Chengdu. Particularly hard hit have been the towns around the epicentre in Wenchuan County, an isolated region still inaccessible by road. China correspondent, Stephen McDonell, walked in there and prepared this report for AM.
托尼•伊斯特利(节目主持人):中国政府估计本周发生的死亡人数将超过5万人。主要的伤亡人数将来自四川省会成都以北的区域。震中汶川县的周围乡镇遭受了相当严重的打击,这个被隔绝的地区目前公路仍然不通。AM中国特派记者斯蒂文•麦克唐纳正前往那里并准备了下面的报道。

(Sound of general chatter and cars driving past)
(汽车开过的和人们交谈的声音)

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Thousands of people are walking along the road to Wenchuan. People fleeing from the disaster are walking out and troops and other rescue workers are walking in. Every now and then an officer will give the soldiers a rev-up and they'll break into a jog, carrying full packs and digging equipment, including picks, spades and bold cutters.
斯蒂文•麦克唐纳:上千的人行走在通往汶川的道路上。从灾区逃出的人们往外走,军队和其他救援人员往里赶路。时不时一名军官会命令士兵们急行军,战士们立刻奔跑前进,他们背着装得满满的背包和挖掘工具,包括镐、铲子和粗钢丝钳。

(Sound of soldiers jogging)
(士兵跑步前进的声音)

We saw university-age volunteers who've been formed into makeshift rescue teams. They were carrying food, water and red flags. They had face masks draped around their necks to prepare for any outbreak of disease. They were hurrying towards the epicentre.
我们看到大学生模样的志愿者,他们组成了一个临时救援队。他们携带着食品、水和红旗。他们戴着一直遮到颈部的面罩以防各种疾病的爆发。他们也脚步匆匆地赶往震中。

We also met Wenchuan locals who were not there when the quake hit. They’re going home on foot to see who's survived, some will walk more than 100 kilometres. One woman told me her house is there, her child is inside it, she is really worried.
我们也碰上了一些汶川当地人,地震发生时他们并不在那里。他们正徒步赶回家看看谁还幸存,甚至有人要走100多公里。一名妇女告诉我她家在那里,她的孩子在里面,她非常焦急。

When I asked if she knew if her family is ok, she said, "I don't know, I've heard nothing about them." I asked a man if he has any family members in Wenchuan. "I've got a mother, a wife, two children and my sisters", he told me. Does he know what's happened to them? I asked.
"I don't know. For certain they're dead. "
当我问她知不知道她家里人是否还好,她说:“不知道,全都不知道。”我问一名男子他是否还有家人在汶川。“母亲、爱人和两个孩子,以及我妹妹,”他告诉我,我问道“你知道他们发生了什么事情吗?”他说,“我不知道,肯定没救了吧。”

As we walk along with them, we pass towns completely destroyed. We come to the top of the Zipingpu Dam, according to some reports there were fears it had been badly damaged by the quake and could leak causing flooding. We could see only superficial damage on the dam but the Government says it's safe.
我们和他们一同前行,沿途的乡镇都完全被摧毁了。我们来到紫坪铺大坝,据一些报道说,人们担心该大坝被地震严重破坏了,可能溃坝引发洪水。我们仅仅能看到大坝上一些浅表的裂损,不过政府部门说它还是安全的。

(Sound of an alarm)
(警笛的声音)

From all around the dam area, Chinese soldiers are launching their assault on the epicentre. Because the roads are down, soldiers are travelling up river by boat, they can reach Wenchuan this way.
从大坝临近的地区,中国的士兵们向震中发起了总攻。由于道路中断,战士们只能乘船逆流而上前往汶川。

On the road to the epicentre we don't find many buildings left standing. Tens of thousands of people have died here. Communities have been ripped apart, family members lost. It will take a monumental effort to rebuild. But this is a region in the grip of emergency and with so many thousands of people missing, rebuilding is the last thing on most people's minds.
在通往震中的路上,我们难以看到有什么建筑物还矗立在那里。成千上万的人死在这里。当地居民骨肉分离,亲人失散。重建将要投入巨大的努力。不过这个地区目前仍是处于紧急情况下,成千上万的人失踪,大多数人认为重建工作还是后话。

This is Stephen McDonell on the road to Wenchuan for AM.
这是斯蒂文•麦克唐纳在通往汶川的路上为AM所做的报道。
发表于 2008-5-16 15:21 | 显示全部楼层
感动,这才是一个真正的记者所应该拥有的职业道德!!!!谢谢!!!!
发表于 2008-5-16 15:59 | 显示全部楼层
这确实是一个真正的记者做的真正的新闻

我想,这样的新闻后站着一个记者,这个记者的身份后站着一个真正的人,这个真正的人心里跳动着一颗会爱的心
发表于 2008-5-16 16:01 | 显示全部楼层
我想说,世界上最勇敢的不只只有军人!!!
还有是战地记者!
发表于 2008-5-16 16:03 | 显示全部楼层
相比之下我们中央电视台那位退回酒店记者真是应该无地自容了。
      ....不管是什么时候
            他们也有过这种情况..

你不用无地自容.  那些人的确累了
                你要用良心做为出发说话
发表于 2008-5-16 16:15 | 显示全部楼层
我相信这跟记者个人的身体素质也有很大的关系。感觉上面西方人比较爱运动,我们的记者应该定期去参加军事训练。
发表于 2008-5-16 16:34 | 显示全部楼层
看看一个真实的中国吧!!!
发表于 2008-5-16 16:40 | 显示全部楼层
这个外国记者确实很不错,但是请不要刻意拿中国记者来做对比。中央电视台的张泉灵,一个女人,翻山越岭步行9个小时星夜赶到映秀镇——要知道她是刚刚从珠穆朗玛下来的啊。
发表于 2008-5-16 16:50 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 ylpoplove 于 2008-5-16 15:59 发表
这确实是一个真正的记者做的真正的新闻

我想,这样的新闻后站着一个记者,这个记者的身份后站着一个真正的人,这个真正的人心里跳动着一颗会爱的心 ...

向他们致敬吧!
发表于 2008-5-16 23:49 | 显示全部楼层
但我们的记者这次也是走路去的啊...

谁不是走路去呢....香港的记者也是啊....

路根本不通....无法开车的...好不
hjkhiooi 该用户已被删除
发表于 2008-5-16 23:59 | 显示全部楼层
请看看真实的中国吧,请不到戴上有色眼睛,请不要学德国畜生!
发表于 2008-5-17 00:02 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 baozin2002 于 2008-5-16 23:49 发表
但我们的记者这次也是走路去的啊...

谁不是走路去呢....香港的记者也是啊....

路根本不通....无法开车的...好不

有人搭直升机去
害死一位警官:(
发表于 2008-5-17 00:14 | 显示全部楼层

中央电视台的张泉灵

,一个女人,翻山越岭步行9个小时星夜赶到映秀镇——要知道她是刚刚从珠穆朗玛下来的啊。我们也有自己的好记者。哈哈
  感谢所有这次采访中真实报道情况的记者们。谢谢。
发表于 2008-5-17 00:15 | 显示全部楼层
对啊!!!!!!国内的记者和香港和台湾的记者都是徒步跟着军队赶往灾区的啊,不是只有澳洲的记者才伟大!!!其他国家的记者也很伟大!!!!!!!!!!我们的记者也很伟大!!!!!!!!不要为个别事件而抹杀国内记者的辛劳。
发表于 2008-5-17 01:06 | 显示全部楼层
好像有些不对啊?
男子:当时地震的时候是3点20多分(是2:20,算笔误吧),我正在一辆开往北川的公共汽车上。汽车先是上下震动然后就是左右摇晃,差不多要翻车,我立马跳下汽车。路两旁的房子都垮塌了。这个路也都塌陷下去。我的房子也没有了(在路上就知道他的房子没有了?是先回家再跑出来的?地震后北川的路就进不去了,电视上都看见有大石头拦着,收费站后二公里后就不通了,好像昨天才抢通,他咋回去的?)。不过我的家人都还好。那个时候我的小孩还在绵阳。许多人都死了。我想上万人已经死了但是具体数目不清楚。几乎所有的学生都死了。
北川附近山区的人们都没水可用,当一辆从震区以外来的运水卡车到达时,人们争先用他们能拿到的容器去装水。(前天人全部撤出,车辆进不去,运水车能进就说明是15日后,但是里面还有拿容器的老百姓吗?)

这是15日的报道,可他16日就在汶川的路上了,谁在帮他快速移动啊?现在志愿者都不能进去了?

或许有些吹毛求疵,但是被CNN怕了,对老外的话不太敢相信了。

如果说错了,先BS自己一下:L ,算太过敏吧!
发表于 2008-5-17 01:18 | 显示全部楼层
那姓徐的记者有没有错,不能看表面,谁知道实际情况是什么呢?查清楚了再发表言论吧
发表于 2008-5-17 01:23 | 显示全部楼层
泉灵很让我感动,在西藏做了直播,回北京做主持人主持节目,然后又去的救援现场,经历了泥石流。

她可是个女人。那些男记者据说是拍完照片就去救人……
 楼主| 发表于 2008-5-18 09:49 | 显示全部楼层

青年志愿者和中国政府的受到海外媒体关注

这次地震中中国年轻人和中国政府的表现受到了海外媒体的肯定,这正是中国的力量和中国的希望所在。

China accepts earthquake aid from Japan and Taiwan
中国接受日本台湾的地震救援

World Today - Friday, 16 May , 2008
2008年5月16日 星期五 《今日世界》节目(此节目每天中午12点在澳大利亚全国ABC各地方台播出)
记者:斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳

ELEANOR HALL: China's Premier Wen Jiabao is describing the earthquake which has devastated large parts of south western China as the most destructive in the history of the Communist republic, and says China will accept foreign aid even from its arch rival, Taiwan.
埃莉诺•霍尔(节目主持人):中国总理温家宝形容这场摧毁中国西南大部分地方的地震是共和国历史最严重的灾难,并表示中国将接受国外甚至它的主要竞争对手台湾的救援。

China's state news agency is quoting the Chinese leader saying the quake which hit this week was more powerful than the 1976 earthquake which killed 240,000 people. The Government has put the official death toll at 19,500 people but has warned it could climb much higher and officials say the quake has produced as many as 10-million refugees.
中国官方新闻社援引中国领导人的话,说这次地震比1976年那次夺去24万人生命的地震更为强烈。政府已经将官方统计的死亡人数上升到19500人,警告说这个数字还可能大幅增加,官员说这场地震已经造成了1千万人无家可归。

But authorities are at the same time cracking down on anyone suspected of spreading what the Government calls "malicious rumours" about the disaster. Stephen McDonell is visiting a volunteer centre in the devastated Sichuan province and he joins us now. So, Stephen what has being set up there for the refugees who are flooding in to the bigger centres in Chengdu?
不过同时当局准备严惩被认为散布关于这场地震的“恶意的谣言”的任何人。斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳正在采访位于重灾区四川省的一个志愿者中心,我们现在连线他。斯蒂芬现在在成都对那些涌进相对大的中心城市的无家可归者,已经有了那些准备?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Well all around Chengdu, in fact all around many of the cities in this area, these tent towns are popping up. Sometimes it is just people have got like a tarpaulin, plastic tarpaulin. Other times it might be just a sort of bed sheet or something like that. There are makeshift tent towns just all around the place and people piling into them.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:情况是这样的,成都四周,实际上这个地区许多城市的周边涌现了这些帐篷城。有时候帐篷实际上是人们得到一块防水帆布,塑料布。其他情况下帐篷可能就是像床单那样的东西。这种临时性帐篷城实际上就是围着某个地方人们不断聚集在一起。

You know, you might have like 70 people piling into a sort of medium-sized tent and a lot of? because the main relief effort I guess is going to people in the hardest areas, I suppose it is a bit of a feeling once you get to somewhere like Dujiangyan or Chengdu that you can sort of make do so people are kind of looking after each other at the moment, you would have to say, because all of the sort of emergency supplies of water and food are going to these much more isolated areas where people could die if they don't get food and water soon.
就像大概70人挤进一个中等大小的帐篷,因为我估计主要的救援努力都用在那些最严重的地区了。我相信一旦你来到像都江堰或成都这样的地方就会有一种感觉,你也会像这里人们此刻做的一样,大家相互照应。你不得不承认,因为所有紧急提供的水和食品要送往那些还与世隔绝的地方,那里的人们如果不能立刻得到食品和水的话将会死去。

ELEANOR HALL: So what is the volunteer centre doing there then?
埃莉诺•霍尔:那么志愿者中心在那里做一些什么工作呢?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Well, what we are seeing here, this is really an indication of the outpouring of public support for the earthquake victims. Hundreds of young people have walked in here and they are signing up their names to become volunteers to join the rescue effort. And veterans, war veterans are sort of forming them into sort of little teams, especially they are picking out. I am just walking along the rubble here to get a bit closer so you might be able to hear some of the orders being shouted out.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:在这里我们看到的是一个真正地为地震幸存者源源注入公众支持的场景。几百名年轻人走到这里来,签上他们的名字要成为志愿者加入救援行动。同时,退伍军人他们组成小分队,并被特别挑选出来。我现在走过一片瓦砾堆尽量靠近他们,你也许能够听到他们喊出的指令。

They are sort of forming them into teams of I suppose, rescue volunteers who I guess each group there is about 20 of them or so, and they are going to hike it into there into the worst hit areas. Now we've been thinking what is the point of doing that? It is probably 100 kilometres to get in there. It is going to be too late to save anyone, but there is all sorts of work they can do beyond digging people out of the rubble. For example, those who survived, well, they need the supplies that they can carry in there. They can also administer first aid for survivors in these towns and there are an awful lot they can do to help people.
看样子他们正在组建队伍,我估计救援志愿者每支队伍大概20人左右,他们将要徒步前往受灾最严重的地方。我们也曾想(他们)为什么要这样做?到那里大概有100公里的路程,要去救人的话似乎太晚了,但是那里还是除了把人从废墟中挖出来之外还有很多事情要做。例如,对那些还存活的人,他们能够携带一些那些人需要的物资。他们还能够为在那些村镇的幸存者做一些急救工作,那里还有大量事情他们能做可帮助别人。

People are wearing their t-shirts that have got things like "I love China". And they are wearing little yellow ribbons around their arms as sort of arm bands, and some people are actually carrying red flags in as well so it is quite a sort of, I suppose, a patriotic thing as well and they are kind of revving each other up.
志愿者们穿的T恤上面写着“我爱中国”之类的文字,他们在手臂上戴着像臂章那样的小黄丝带,还有一些人携带着红旗以及相当多的各种物品。我猜想其中还有一种爱国主义的情绪,他们也相互激励着。

You can hear one of the sort of corporals, these ex-army corporals are giving them a real come-on, let's hear it, cheers, cheers and they'll all do a sort of chant or something like that. Pretty soon they are going to sort of march out of here in these groups and head up to the worst hit areas.
你能听到一位像是以前军队里连长一样的人在激励他们,让我们来听一听,加油加油,以及这类的呼喊。很快这些队伍他们就要出发离开这里,开往受灾最严重的地方。

ELEANOR HALL: Now Stephen, we are hearing that as many 10-million people are needing shelter and supplies, to what extent are supplies getting through to these people?
埃莉诺•霍尔:斯蒂芬,我们听说有1千万人需要避难场所和其他物资,那些人现在得到了一些什么东西呢?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Well, in some areas they are getting through, but I guess it would luck in a way or how close you might be to a river or something like that. People have probably have seen the images of paratroopers jumping into to these really isolated areas carrying supplies and also doing drops from the air.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:哦,情况是这样的,在一些地区人们得到了这些,我估计这在某种程度上是一种幸运,或者看你离河边有多近之类的事情。人们可能已经看到伞兵空降到那些真是完全被隔绝的地方的一些画面了,他们携带一些物资,同时也空投了一些物资。

People in these really remote areas are close to the river, well the army, we went and watched them yesterday travelling up these mountain rivers and they are bringing rescue workers and also supplies along the river. So even though someone is isolated, if they are in a area close to a river for example, they can get help. But there would be? it is a huge and remote area up there to the north of Chengdu. There will lots of areas that haven't received any help, any supplies and even those who survived the earthquake would still be in trouble if they can't get emergency supplies soon.
在那些相当偏远地方的人们靠近河。昨天我们去了那些山区的河边,并看到军队带上救援物资和救援人员沿河而上。因此如果有一些人被隔绝了,比如只要他们住在靠近河边的地方,他们就能得到救助,不过这仅仅是一种情况。成都以北是大量的偏远山区,那里还有许多地方还没有得到任何帮助,任何物资,甚至那些地震幸存者也有可能依然处境危险,如果他们不能立即得到紧急援助的话。

ELEANOR HALL: Are you surprised at the way the Chinese leader has been talking about this disaster and about the death toll?
埃莉诺•霍尔:你是否惊讶中国领导人谈及这场灾难和死亡人数的方式?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Yes, it has been quite open and I think the days of China just pretending things like this don't happen are long gone. I mean, the first we knew about how bad this was, was when President Hu Jintao - this was before anyone was even proclaimed to be dead - within I guess, half an hour or an hour of the earthquake hitting, he was coming out and saying everybody get ready for big casualties.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:是的。这次相当开放,我认为在中国那种假装什么事都没有发生的日子已经过去了。我的意思是,我们首先意识这场灾难有多么严重是从胡锦涛主席那里得知的,他站出来告诉大家将要面临一场巨大的伤亡,这甚至是在公开宣告死亡人数之前,我估计那是地震发生以后半小时或是一小时的时候。

Because its one of the reasons we hightailed it straight down here from Beijing, because we knew it would have to be bad if, before we'd even heard one person was dead, he was already talking about, you know, the casualties and how many people have died and the massive effort that is going to be needed to save those who remain.
所以这是我们赶紧从北京飞到这里的原因之一,因为我们知道这次地震可能相当严重,在我们还没有听到任何人死亡之前,他就已经谈及伤亡人数,多少人已经死亡和马上要对依然幸存的人展开大规模救援了。

Obviously, he has received word through the army or whatever the extent of the damage and told people straight away. Wen Jiabao, China's number two leader was on the scene here pretty quickly and we have seen him going up and speaking to people underneath the rubble with a megaphone. Don't worry, help is on the way, this sort of thing.
显然他是已经收到来自军队或其他什么渠道关于损毁的情况汇报了,因此立刻就通知了大众。中国的第二位的领导人,温家宝相当迅速就到达了现场,我们已经看到他爬上废墟,通过麦克风向被埋在下面的人喊话,“一定要挺住”,“救援马上就来了”之类的。

I mean, I think they have changed tack. In years gone by, these sort of disasters, the authorities always we don't want any announcements about this sort of thing. For example SARS, they are widely criticised for the handling of that, but now it is much more a case of marketing public support and international sympathy and they are realised that if you are open about these things, that you can get a lot of help and we've seen it from other countries, they are offering help.
我的意思是,我认为他们已经改变了完全不同的行为方式。一些年以前,对于这类的灾难当局总是说我们无可奉告之类的。例如非典,他们被广泛批评隐瞒不报,但是现在这次是广泛地获得公众支持和国际同情,他们意识到如果你公开这些情况,你就能得到许多帮助。我们已经从许多国家看到了这种反应,他们愿意提供帮助。

ELEANOR HALL: Well, yesterday, there was talk the Chinese government wasn't letting in aid from Japan. Today it has allowed not only Japanese aid in but also aid from Taiwan. Did that surprise you?
埃莉诺•霍尔:昨天还在谈论中国政府不允许来自日本的救援进入。今天它已经同意不仅日本还有台湾的救援进入。这个是否让你惊讶?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Yes, this is truly remarkable that the old Cold War enemy, Taiwan offers support and that China, not only did the offer it but they would even think that China would accept it, but then China turns around and says we do accept it.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:是的。这是绝对值得大书一笔的。长期的冷战敌人台湾来提供支援,他们不仅愿意帮助而且认为中国将会接受,但是中国转了一圈说我们接受帮助。

The thing that is great about this actually is that Taiwan is obviously in a big earthquake zone and the same with Japan, but the Taiwanese and Japanese are offering help, well they've got sophisticated equipment to dig into rubble. They've got very well trained people who are used to earthquake emergencies. Both those countries are regularly hit by strong earthquakes.
实际上这件事是非常好的,众所周知台湾和日本一样处于大的地震带上,但是台湾和日本愿意提供帮助,他们有先进的装备探测废墟,他们有训练有素经常参与地震紧急情况的人员。这些国家频繁地遭受强地震袭击。

I was in Taiwan last year and we were just sitting around in a bar and the whole thing started shaking and everyone so used to it and blase about earthquakes there that they sort of laughed it because it wasn't a very big one, so they are used to it, the Taiwanese and the Japanese and it is great for them to offer and very smart of the Chinese to accept the help that they are offering.
我去年在台湾的时候,我们刚刚在一个酒吧坐下,所有东西就开始摇晃了,每一个人都习以为常,毫不在意那时的地震,他们甚至笑着说那不是一个很强的地震,因为他们都很习惯了。相当不错台湾人和日本人来提供帮助,非常聪明的中国人接受了他们的援助。

ELEANOR HALL: Stephen McDonell, our correspondent in Chengdu, thank you.
埃莉诺•霍尔:斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳,我们在成都的记者,谢谢你。
 楼主| 发表于 2008-5-18 09:50 | 显示全部楼层

外媒看中国

听了这两天ABC的后续报道,再回想一下前一段时间全球华人的抗议行动,中国改革开放以后成长起来的这一代青年特别有希望。

Survivors pulled from the rubble of Chinese quake
中国地震的幸存者从废墟中被救出

PM - Friday, 16 May , 2008
2008年5月16日 星期五 《PM》节目
记者:斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳

MARK COLVIN: In China, three-and-a-half days after the earthquake, the state media say rescuers have pulled a child from the rubble of a collapsed school. They were searching a school in the town of Beichuan and the Xinhua Newsagency report says rescuers could hear more voices calling for help in the rubble.
马克•科尔文(节目主持人):在中国,官方媒体报道救援人员在地震发生三天半后,从一所倒塌的学校的废墟中救出了一名孩子。他们搜寻了位于北川县的一个镇上的学校,新华通讯社报道说救援人员曾经听到瓦砾中更多呼救的声音。

I'm joined from Chengdu by our correspondent Stephen McDonell. Stephen, I think Hu Jintao has been there and has been calling on the rescuers to keep looking for people trapped under the rubble. It seemed unlikely at the time but then they produced this child.
我们的记者斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳从成都加入节目中。斯蒂芬,我想胡锦涛已经到达那里了,并号召救援人员继续搜寻被困在瓦砾下的人们,好像他不是在那个救援时刻说的那番话,但他们报道出来了这个孩子的事情。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Yes. I think that Hu Jintao has turned up here with a message that people shouldn't give up hope. That you know, I guess people four days after an earthquake still can be dragged out of the rubble and when you hear that sort of thing on the face of it, you'd think well you know, how can that possibly be.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:是的。我想胡锦涛已经到达这里了,并传达了一个讯息让人们不要放弃希望。我估计地震四天后人们仍然可能从废墟中被就出来。当你听到这样的事情的时候,乍看起来你会想这怎么会可能呢?

But as you say, somebody has been rescued so you know for somebody's son or someone's daughter or mother or father, they certainly don't want people to give up hope. Their family members don't want the rescuers to stop trying and people are still trying.
但是就像你所说的,有人已经被救出来了,对一些人的儿子、女儿或是母亲或父亲来说,他们当然不希望人们放弃希望。他们的家人不希望救援人员放弃努力,人还可能活着。

MARK COLVIN: Well, tell us about the people you've been seeing today who are joining the volunteer effort.
马克•科尔文:告诉我们今天你看到的人们参加志愿者的事情。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Yes, well what seems remarkable, like I say, you wonder what people still think they can achieve by doing this, but hundreds, well it would be thousands actually of young people, mostly, sort of, university age, some of them are still students at university, others young professionals. They've gone to these centres to join these volunteer teams of rescue workers.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:好的。就像我说的那样,有一些东西特别值得说一说,你疑惑人们依然要以这种方式去救援是为了什么,但是成百,哦也可能是上千的年轻人,大多数都是大学生年龄段的,他们当中有人还是大学生,有人是年轻的专业人士。他们已经去了这些(志愿者)中心加入救援工作者志愿者队伍。

They look something sort of not unlike a military bootcamp actually. They turn up there, they sign up and these guys who really were in the army, their still in their sort of ex-military sort of clobber forming them up into these sort of small groups of volunteers and sort of drilling them, well not really drilling them, sort of just a little bit of chanting 'come on we can do it together'.
实际上他们看上去有一点像在军队的新兵训练营里。他们到达那里然后报名,确实有一大队人,他们仍然穿着他们以前在部队时的那种衣服,组成几个自愿者小组,并进行某些操练,不是真正的操练,就是一些呼喊口号,比如“加油,我们同舟共济”。

And they are going to go off and head into the earthquake zone with no training but plenty of enthusiasm and they still think they can rescue people. We asked some of them why would you be going in there now? What possibly do you think you could achieve? And I expected they might say, "we might be able to give out water for people who are still alive or carry some supplies for them".
他们准备前往地震震区,没有专门训练但是有无限的热情,他们仍然认为他们可以救人。我们问了其中一些人为什么他们现在准备去那里?你们认为你们可能取得那些成果?我估计他们可能会说,“我们可能能够为还活着的人们分发水或送去一些物资给他们。”

But they are adamant they think they can still pull people out of the rubble. One girl even said to me, "I'm as strong as any man, I can lift up that rubble and we can still pull that people out".
但是他们坚定地认为他们仍能把人们从废墟中救出。一个女孩子甚至对我说:“我和男人一样坚强,我能抬起那些瓦砾,我们还能将人们拖出来。”

MARK COLVIN: Let's have a listen to their chanting.
马克•科尔文:让我们听听他们呼喊口号。

(Sound of chanting).
(口号的声音)——是一段齐唱《团结就是力量》的录音,译者注。

MARK COLVIN: Plenty of enthusiasm there Stephen McDonell, could you translate a bit for us?
马克•科尔文:非常高的热情。斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳,你能为我们翻译一点吗?

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Yes, well it's enough to send anyone to the barricades isn't it? Their signing 'unity is strength', 'unity is like iron and steel'. And in fact, it's harder than iron and steel is what they're singing. It's an old revolutionary song from the 1940s and sort of has a few lines like 'The new China is going to be great' and singing about the virtues of socialism as well as bit later on. But basically is what the song is about is the strength of unity and how it's like iron and steel.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:好的。(笑了笑)这股气势足够把任何人送到战斗的路障前是吧?他们唱到“团结就是力量”,“团结就像钢和铁”。实际上在他们所唱的内容中还有,它比钢和铁还要硬和强。这是1940年代的一首革命歌曲,还有几段像是“新中国发出万丈光芒”以及后面歌颂社会主义的内容。不过,基本上说来这首歌曲是关于团结的力量和团结如何像钢铁一样坚强的表述。

MARK COLVIN: Meanwhile, where you are at the moment in Chengdu, it was 80km, I think, from the centre of the earthquake but it was still pretty severely damaged and there are still people just sleeping in the streets there now.
马克•科尔文:同时,你现在在成都的哪里?据我所知它离地震中心有80公里的距离,但那里依然有严重的破坏,现在还有人睡在街上。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: Yes, that's right. We've seen people in the street. Some of them are afraid to go back into their apartment blocks. Not only I suppose think that there's been damage that you know you haven't been able to see, it might fall down, but they're also afraid of these big aftershocks.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:是的,情况是这样的。我们在街上看到一些人,其中一些人不敢回到他们的公寓楼。我看这不仅仅是因为一些你还难以看到的房屋损坏,它可能倒塌,更是因为他们担心那些大的余震。

We've had a few aftershocks here since I've been here. At least as big the one, the original earthquake as we felt it in Beijing. But there was one aftershock here, I think it was 6.2 on the Richter scale, but they're worried that their houses might still topple over. So there sort of living under these sheets and tarpaulins in the street, even in the street of the capital. One guy we spoke to he's got a broken leg which he broke in the earthquake and he can't go back to his fifth story apartment because he's worried that if there's an aftershock, he won't be able to hobble back down the stairs.
自从我来到这里以后已经有一些余震了。至少有一个余震和最初地震发生时我在北京感受的一样。不过有一个里氏6.2级的余震发生,他们担心他们的房子会倒塌。因此有一些人住在街上,油布帐篷搭在街上,甚至在省会城市的街道上。我们采访了一位伤了腿的男子,他在地震中腿受伤了,他不能爬回他在五楼的公寓,因为他担心万一有余震时他难以一瘸一拐地跑下楼。

MARK COLVIN: Is there as well as this determination to find people and this determination to rebuild, is there anger there Stephen? Because I've been reading stuff which indicates that there was a lot of jerry-building and that quite a lot of these buildings should not have fallen down probably if they'd been properly been put up in the first place.
马克•科尔文:斯蒂芬,与此同时那里有决心去搜寻人员和决心重建吗?那里有什么愤怒情绪吗?因为我看到一些报道说那里有许多豆腐渣建筑,相当多的建筑物如果最初按规定建造的话,它们本来可能不会倒塌。

STEPHEN MCDONELL: I think the people who are most angry are the ones who have children who are students who were buried in the rubble - and why wouldn't they be? I think generally speaking because the focus is just so much on the rescue at the moment, those who aren't directly involved in terms of losing a loved one or missing a loved one, they're not necessarily looking for blame at the moment but there has been anger from those who've been waiting for days on end at the sights of these schools that have collapsed. And I mean schools, you think of any buildings, you'd build those solidly.
斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳:我想最愤怒的人们是那些有孩子的,这些孩子都是一些被压在瓦砾中的学生,他们肯定会愤怒的。我想一般说来,现在的关注点全部投入救人的过程中,那些没有直接失去或失踪亲人的人,他们此刻不会很关注这种指责,但是对于那些在坍塌的学校前等待了几天的人来说是有一种愤怒。我是说相对于其他建筑,学校应该建得更坚固一些。

And their children are still inside the rubble and some of them and especially when they seem to snap when they find out in fact that their child has died and it's like, 'Why has this happened?', 'Why can't we build solid schools like other buildings?' And the terrible thing is that what, you know, this disaster, the impact it has had on children here. Certain hospitals are talking about having to amputate limbs from children, and this sort of thing. That has been a particularly distressing thing for a lot of people.
他们的孩子还在瓦砾下,特别是当其中一些人发现他们的孩子实际上已经死亡后,他们突然崩溃了。比如说“这个为什么会发生?”“为什么他们不能把学校造得和其他建筑物一样结实?”糟糕的事情是这场灾难直接冲击到孩子们身上。有一些医院正在考虑给那些孩子截肢。这对一些人来说是相当悲痛的事情。

MARK COLVIN: Stephen McDonell, thank you very much yet again. Stephen McDonell who's been in the earthquake zone since probably about less than 24 hours after it struck.
马克•科尔文:再次非常感谢你,斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳。斯蒂芬•麦克唐纳在地震发生后24小时之内就已经赶到了震区。
发表于 2008-5-18 10:08 | 显示全部楼层
楼主辛苦了。

向这位记者致敬,我认为灾后政府应该该他颁发“诚实正义奖”,全中国人民都应该配合他的报道。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-2 08:18 , Processed in 0.049849 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.