只需一步,快速开始

查看: 2150|回复: 2

[灾情转载] 地震中残疾的受害者前路艰难(翻译得不好,多见谅)

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-6-10 18:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
地震中残疾的受害者前路艰难(翻译得不好,多见谅)
http://www.latimes.com/news/nati ... -amputee9-2008jun09,0,7981795.story

Disabled earthquake victims face tough road in China

About 50,000 of the injured are likely to suffer permanent disabilities, including many with amputated limbs. They face a social stigma and hurdles getting rehabilitation.

MIANYANG, CHINA -- "Feifei, where are you? I'm looking for you."

After nearly three hours of frantic searching, Zhang Qin found her 8-year-old daughter in the rubble that was once Nanba Elementary School in northern Sichuan province. Zhang dug her daughter out with her hands, removing a large beam that had pinned the little girl's right leg.

But on the third night after the Sichuan earthquake, Zhang's joy over her rescue was tinged with sorrow as doctors amputated Feifei's leg several inches above the knee.

Zhang, fighting back tears, broke the news to her daughter: "Your leg isn't there. You have to be brave. You have to live well."

The official injury count from the deadly May 12 quake is staggering -- more than 370,000 people. Among them, 50,000 are likely to be disabled, including many with amputated limbs, according to government and health industry sources.

"I would estimate there would be thousands of amputees from the earthquake," said Lan Xiufu, an orthopedics doctor at Chongqing Daping Hospital who has done about 100 amputation surgeries on Sichuan quake patients. He said about 30% to 40% of them were performed on children.

These victims face numerous hurdles getting rehabilitation and counseling, especially in rural areas where government programs and finances are weakest. But perhaps even more significant, they will encounter a social stigma that many of the 83 million other disabled Chinese face.

Over the last 25 years, China has established a welfare fund for the disabled and the China Rehabilitation Research Center, thanks to efforts led by the late leader Deng Xiaoping's son, Deng Pufang, who was paralyzed during the Cultural Revolution. In 1991, China also enacted a quota system for hiring disabled people.

Still, experts say many employers remain reluctant to hire people with disabilities, preferring to pay fines rather than meet government requirements.

Negative attitudes toward the disabled abound. One recent example: An official guidebook for Chinese volunteers at the Beijing Olympics referred to physically disabled people as a "special group," describing them as "stubborn and controlling." (After complaints from activist groups, the commission that prepared the guide apologized for the inappropriate language.)

For disabled children, resuming their education could be a big obstacle. Very few schools in China have wheelchair and other special access for the physically impaired.

"And in the quake-hit area, especially rural parts, I'm afraid there is almost no such school there," said Qian Zhiliang, professor with the Research Center for Special Education at Beijing Normal University.

Qian hopes that in the wake of the disaster, new schools will be designed with amputees and other disabled people in mind. But rural areas have long struggled to finance education -- one key factor in the collapse of thousands of poorly constructed schoolrooms in Sichuan that killed and injured many children.

"They have already suffered both physical and mental trauma, and we shouldn't subject them to face trauma a third time because of the school environment," Qian said. As it is, he added, "It's almost inevitable that they'll face unfriendly people in schools or in society."

Those aren't the only challenges the amputees will face.

Although many groups and individuals have donated money and services, and the Hong Kong-based Li Ka Shing Foundation said it would work to provide free prosthetics and wheelchairs to all quake amputees, government aid may be slow in coming.

Since China's market reforms and the dismantling of the "iron rice bowl" and rural communes, large gaps have emerged between the social and welfare systems in rural and urban areas.

In Chinese cities, generous government health insurance and social security benefits are largely provided for individuals, including the disabled, although the amount of the support varies depending on whether one is employed.

But in rural areas, where the majority of those affected by the quake live, public health and welfare amount to a subsistence payment of less than $15 a month, said Li Yingsheng, director of the social work department at People's University in Beijing. Some farmers participate in China's rural cooperative health insurance, but the benefits are substantially inferior to urban plans.

"I have large worries about people in rural areas," Li said. "When they return to their lives in their hometown, they will need psychological treatment, social services, and they'll have problems to live on their own and find employment. Who will cover this?"

Lan, the orthopedics doctor, says that what young quake victims need most now are mental health services. On the fifth day after the quake, he went to help out at a hospital in Wenchuan, the epicenter.

"Many of the patients were trapped in rubble for hours. They were really in a panic in the darkness," he said. Lan recalled one girl in particular who had been rescued by the People's Liberation Army. "She used her hairpin to stab the PLA once she was freed," he said. "Many of them are mentally very fragile and unstable."

At Huaxi Hospital in Chengdu, Xiang Xiaolian bobbed up and down in her bed, occasionally bursting into laughter in between sentences. The 14-year-old had escaped from her school in one of the hardest-hit areas. Bandages covered her left arm and her right ear. Both hands were swollen and the skin peeling and red. Her left leg was gone.

"When I ran into the second floor, I saw someone falling," Xiaolian said, cradling a teddy bear with one arm. "The second floor became the first floor. Then the wall fell on my left leg." Dozens of her classmates were buried. She was rescued 10 hours later.

The teenager said she had always wanted to be a soldier. "But it turns out I'm missing a leg. How can I be a soldier?" she said.

After more than two weeks in the hospital, she said she was tired of counselors and psychologists coming around so often. "My mental health is fine," she said. But later, she confided that she had trouble sleeping. She says she feels pain in her missing limb, a common phenomenon among amputees. She broke out in laughter and then said:

"Whenever I saw an amputee, I thought it was so pathetic. But now, I don't feel it's so pathetic. What's the big deal? You get a fake leg."

翻译:

地震中残疾的受害者前路艰难

大约五万的地震受害者很可能会终身残疾,其中有许多被截肢者。他们面对受损的社会声誉,他们在获得康复的路上也充满了障碍。

绵阳,中国-“飞飞,你在哪里?我在找你” 。

经过近三个小时的疯狂搜索,张琴发现她8岁的女儿在瓦砾中,那些瓦砾曾经是川北省难波小学。张用自己的双手将她的女儿挖出来,把插在她小女儿的右腿里的一大块横梁拔了出来。

但在四川省地震后的第三夜,张拯救了女儿的喜悦被医生带来的悲伤的消息冲散。医生在非非的膝关节上数英寸处进行了截肢手术。

"张收起了眼泪,告诉了她的女儿这个消息:“你的腿不在这儿了,你要勇敢,你要好好活下去” 。

据官方统计,自从5月12日致命的地震以来,伤者超过3 7万。其中,5万人可能会有残疾,包括许多被截肢者。(消息源自政府和卫生部门)

“我估计这次地震会造成成千上万的被截肢者” 一个骨科医生蓝鸿震说道,他在重庆大坪医院对大约100个四川地震的幸存者做了截肢手术。他说,其中约30 %至40 %是儿童。

这些受害者他们在获得康复和心理辅导的路上充满了障碍,尤其是在政府计划和财政最弱的农村地区。但或许更重要的是,他们还要面对其他八千三百万残疾人士在中国面对的问题--受损的社会声誉。

在过去25年来,在已故领导人邓小平的儿子邓朴方(在文革期间瘫痪)的努力下,中国已为残疾人士及中国康复研究中心建立了残疾人福利基金会。在1991年,中国还颁布了一项配额制度用于聘用残疾人士。

不过,专家指出,许多雇主仍然不愿意雇用残疾人士,宁愿支付罚款也不愿意满足政府的要求。

对残疾人士消极的态度比比皆是。最近就有个例子:为北京奥运会的志愿者提供的一个官方指南中将残疾者视为一个“特殊群体”,形容他们为“顽固和喜欢控制”。(活跃组织投诉后,该委员会为使用不恰当的语言编写指南表示了道歉 )

对残疾儿童来说,继续他们的教育就有一大障碍。中国几乎没几所学校为残障人士设有轮椅和其他特殊出入口。

“在地震中受灾地区,尤其是农村的部分,我恐怕几乎不存在这样的学校”,北京师范大学特殊教育研究中心的教授钱志良说道。

钱志良教授希望在这场灾难的提醒下,新学校为截肢患者和其他残障人士设有专门设备。但农村地区长期缺乏教育资金,而缺乏教育资金正是四川数以千计的教室倒塌,许多儿童死亡和受伤的一个关键因素。

“他们已经遭受了肉体和精神创伤,我们不应该使他们因为学校的环境受到第三次的创伤。”钱其琛说道,他补充说:“他们几乎不可避免的将在学校或在社会上面对不友好的人。”

这些并不是被截肢者将面临的唯一的挑战。

虽然许多团体和个人捐赠了钱和服务,总部设在香港的李嘉诚基金会表示,他将为所有地震被截肢者免费安装假肢和提供轮椅。政府援助基金也可能会慢慢到来。

中国的市场改革捣毁了“铁饭碗”和农村公社,在农村和城市地区出现了社会和福利制度巨大的差距。

在中国城市,慷慨的政府提供医疗保险和社会保障福利,主要是提供给个人,包括残疾人士,然而数额要视其是否就业而定。

但据北京人民大学社会工作部主任李迎生说,在大多数地震幸存者居住的农村地区,公共卫生和福利的金额少于15元一个月,勉强维持生计。一些农民参与中国的农村合作医疗保险,但好处也大大逊色于都市计划。

“我很担心农村地区的人民”李迎生主任说,“当他们返回到他们的家乡生活时,他们将需要心理治疗,社会服务。他们自己生活会有问题,寻找就业机会也有问题。谁来管这个呢?”

骨科医生蓝鸿震在地震发生五天后,他去震中汶川的一间医院帮忙时说,年轻的地震受害者现在最需要的是心理健康的服务。

“许多病人被困在废墟中几个小时,在黑暗中,他们真的很恐慌。”蓝鸿震医生特别想起了一名被人民解放军救出的女童,“她刚被救出就用她的发夹刺那名解放军" “他们现在很多都非常脆弱,不稳定” 。

在成都华西医院,项怀诚在她的病床上下摆动,在说话时,偶尔还会笑笑。这位14岁的女该在一个受灾最严重的地区从她的学校逃离出来,绷带涵盖她的左手臂和她的右耳,两手肿胀,皮肤脱皮成红色,她的左腿荡然无存。

“当我冲进二楼,我看见有人下来,”项怀诚用仅剩的一只手抱着泰迪熊说道,“二楼变成了一楼,然后墙塌了,砸在我的左脚上”。她的数十名同学被埋在了里面,而她在10小时后被救了出来。

这名少女说她一直想成为一名军人,“但我失去了一条腿,我怎么成为一名军人呢?”她说道。

经过在医院里两个多星期的疗养,她说她厌倦了在身边走来走去的辅导员和心理学家。“我的心理状况很好,”她说道,但后来,她又吐露睡不着觉。她说她感觉的到她失去的肢体的疼痛,这是截肢者一个共同的现象。她大笑着说:“每当我看到截肢者,我还以为那有多可怜。但现在,我不觉得有多可怜。有什么大不了?你会得到一个假腿。”
发表于 2008-6-10 19:07 | 显示全部楼层
2008,你让我心如刀割~~~~~~
发表于 2008-6-11 17:27 | 显示全部楼层
5W人残疾 合计这人没看新闻吧 目前住院人数还有2W人不到 如果这些都是残疾的 那另外3W身体残疾的人就这么快恢复了吗? 更何况目前这些住院的身体残疾的不是大多数
越来越觉得西方媒体的新闻一点也不注重新闻的真实性
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-10 14:17 , Processed in 0.043173 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.