【08.8.19 基督教科学箴言报】深呼吸吧, 好空气未必会继续
【原文标题】Breathe deeply; this air may not last
【中文标题】深呼吸吧, 好空气未必会继续
【登载媒体】基督教科学箴言报
【来源地址】http://features.csmonitor.com/ol ... s-air-may-not-last/
【译者】荡漾
【声明】本翻译仅供Anti-CNN使用,谢绝转载
【原文】(by Peter Ford)
So, it turns out that BOCOG was right. Actually righter than right.

Not only has the Chinese organizing committee’s prediction that the air would be fine for the Olympics been fulfilled. Its original request that the Games start on August 15 – turned down by the International Olympic Committee – has been vindicated.

It all comes down to the weather, which is often muggy and smoggy and stiflingly hot until the end of August. But that was too late to begin the Olympics, partly because the US tennis Open begins on August 25, so BOCOG had to settle for August 8.

The first week of the Games was indeed muggy and hot, and although the official figures said pollution was within acceptable bounds, visibility wasn’t great. The government’s definition of what it calls a “blue sky day” is a day when the Air Pollution Index is below 100. My definition of a “blue sky day” is a day when you can see the clouds through the pollution.

Then we had a torrential rainfall, and since Friday August 15th, when BOCOG originally wanted to open the Olympics, the weather has been fabulous. Real blue sky. From my bedroom window I have seen hills on the horizon that I had never seen since I moved to China two years ago. I have seen the moon in the night sky, with light clouds scudding over it. That was a first for me in Beijing.

Du Shaozhong, deputy head of Beijing’s Environmental Protection Bureau, acknowledged at a press conference today that this sort of air quality “would have been impossible” without the draconian measures the government imposed for the Olympics period. It has taken two million cars off the roads, stopped all construction in the city and closed down polluting factories within a 70 mile radius of the capital, among other steps.

He was responding to a Chinese journalist’s question; not surprising, because only four Western reporters bothered to turn up. When the pollution was awful, just before the Games, Mr. Du’s appearances drew large crowds of foreign journalists asking legitimately snarky questions. Now that the air looks fine, nobody goes to hear him say why.

He also noted that Beijingers “hope that hosting the Olympics will help build Beijing into a livable city,” but he made no promises about air quality once the Games are over, the foreigners have left, and everything goes back to normal.

Friends visiting Beijing for the Olympics have asked me what all the pollution fuss is about; as far as they can tell, the capital’s air is just fine.

I’ve invited them to come back in October.

【译文】
        现在看来北京奥组委当初的决定是对的,不,应该说很对。

不仅中方就奥运期间会有好天气的预计已得到实现,最初提出8月15日开幕但被国际奥委会否决的要求也被证明是有道理的。

这一切都归结于天气。通常到八月底北京的天气是多霾闷热的,但那时候开始奥运会太迟了,再加上美国网球公开赛将于8月25日开打,因此北京奥组委不得不定下8月8日的开幕时间。

即使官方指出污染在可接受范围内,奥运第一周的天气确实很闷热,可见度不佳。北京市政府给“蓝天”下的定义是污染指数在100以下,而我对“蓝天”的定义则是能看到白云。

接着下起了大雨,然后从8月15日、原来北京奥组委想要的开幕式日子开始,天气变得好极了。真的是蓝天!从卧室的窗户看出去我能看到地平线那边的山峦,搬到中国两年来从未见过这样的景象。夜晚的天空透过薄薄的云层能看到月亮,在北京这种体验可是第一次。

北京环保局副局长杜少中在今天的新闻发布会上表示如果没有为保障奥运而采取的有力举措当前的好天气“原本是不可能的”。北京市政府限制了200万辆汽车上路、停止了整个城市的建筑施工、关掉首都方圆70英里的化工厂等等。

杜少中是针对中国记者的提问作的回答,这不奇怪,因为只有四个西方记者对此感兴趣。而在奥运会召开前污染严重的时候,杜先生的现身能吸引大批的国外记者提出尖锐的问题。如今空气看起来很好,却没人想听他说原因是什么。

他还引用了北京市民的话“希望举办奥运会有助于将北京打造成为适宜居住的城市”。但他并未对奥运结束、外国人离开、一切恢复正常之后的空气状况作出承诺。

为奥运来北京旅游的朋友问我那些记者拿来大做文章的污染问题究竟是指什么,因为他们所看到的中国首都的天气很好。

我请他们10月份的时候再回来看看。

【读者评论】
Cheng | 08.19.08

before the olympics ….someone said ,the air condition is not acceptable for the olympic games… however now the game goes fine … the air is just fine too…and the someone said something then,they need the air clean even after the game……we have just developing for less than 30years for god’s sake …
i, for a chinese resident,can see it is really hard to fulfill the westerners’ request….
do u want us chinese to give u world peace?
------------------------
奥运前某些人说奥运的天气状况将是不合格的,然而现在奥运顺利进行,空气也很好。然后某些人又说了某些话:他们需要奥运结束后的天气也很好。看在上帝的份上我们才发展了不到30年…… 我,作为一个中国公民,很清楚要满足西方人的要求真是太不容易了…… 你们是不是连世界和平也需要我们中国人来负责?

【截图】
Snap1.jpg
发表于 2008-8-20 23:46 | 显示全部楼层
好玩,果然如此,他们还会说别的不?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 00:02 | 显示全部楼层
这两年我去北京出差的时候,经常碰到晴空万里的好天气。
除了恶意中伤,西媒还会什么?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 00:03 | 显示全部楼层
Breathe deeply; YOUR air may not last
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 01:03 | 显示全部楼层
英国伦敦称为“雾都”,不知道以后能够改为“污染之都”?其中道理明着自明!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 01:07 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 xbq2004 于 2008-8-21 01:03 发表
英国伦敦称为“雾都”,不知道以后能够改为“污染之都”?其中道理明着自明!

很好的角度,2012年。

那个Cheng的读者评论很有意思,哈哈。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 01:38 | 显示全部楼层
A: Why should the French go all out to boycott this Olympic Games
B: because they know that this time they can not win a few medals.

A: Why should the Germans go all out to boycott this Olympic Games
B: because this time the doping control is too strict.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 08:49 | 显示全部楼层
不要这么快就起了这么破烂的自尊心,毕竟我也希望能看到蓝天白云的天空,而不仅仅是奥运期间的应付式主义。

不过看过戈尔的“难以忽视的真相”也清楚,谁的污染贡献值更大吧......
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 09:03 | 显示全部楼层
其实是大实话
天天蓝天的代价是很大的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 09:06 | 显示全部楼层
十月份再来北京看???哈哈,恐怕更加失望啊。。。。十月的北京秋高气爽,最适合旅游!
欢迎再来哦~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 10:18 | 显示全部楼层
我请他们10月份的时候再回来看看。

10月正好是北京的金秋时节,那时候的天气多是天高云淡,是北京最好的季节,欢迎世界各地的朋友10份来北京旅游
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 12:50 | 显示全部楼层
要改变格些老外的固定思维模式太难啦。。 随便吧。。 反正有问题的时候他们就大喊大叫,没问题的时候他们就装作什么都没发生过。。。晕。

奥运后北京的境外游一定会重新火起来,10月份的的确确是北京很美的季节。。来吧,来吧,欢迎来自五湖四海的朋友。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 12:59 | 显示全部楼层
照他这么说,是不是北京人的寿命最短呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 13:00 | 显示全部楼层
照他这么说,是不是北京人的寿命最短呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 13:10 | 显示全部楼层
这些天晚上甚至可以看到星星,中国的污染确实是严重问题!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 14:48 | 显示全部楼层
不如,你们也天天太口罩吧!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 15:24 | 显示全部楼层
做的太过了
就回不了头了
--------------------------
让他们无耻去吧,我们一个都不原谅!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 15:54 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 荡漾 于 2008-8-20 23:43 发表
奥运前某些人说奥运的天气状况将是不合格的,然而现在奥运顺利进行,空气也很好。然后某些人又说了某些话:他们需要奥运结束后的天气也很好。看在上帝的份上我们才发展了不到30年…… 我,作为一个中国公民,很清楚要满足西方人的要求真是太不容易了…… 你们是不是连世界和平也需要我们中国人来负责?

问问他们中国是不是要为米国入侵伊拉克负责!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 16:12 | 显示全部楼层
环境这么不好你TMD还在北京待两年干什么?趁早滚回去吧~~~~~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-21 16:27 | 显示全部楼层
我真的怀疑作者是否连续生活在北京两年,说实在,北京的空气确实算不上好,可也没糟到恐怖的地步,何况一般情况下,秋天是北京最好的季节,空气也好于春季,而且北京现在已经开始长期持续的整治空气状况了,相信未来会更好
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-29 18:25 , Processed in 0.054464 second(s), 25 queries , Gzip On.