找回密码
 注册会员

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

查看: 3522|回复: 16

[08.08.24] AC 海外网友 沈先生17岁女儿的奥运佳作

[复制链接]
发表于 2008-8-24 23:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
继 AC 美籍华裔网友 Mr. James Shen 披露西方主流媒体的精彩文章 “Western media blemishes China” 在本站发表之后,沈先生又为我们发来了他17女儿的关于奥运题材的有一力作 ---- “Despite reports, Chinese hope Olympic gues love their 'house'".  

沈先生17岁的女儿 SHEN Teresa (中文名 沈悦),在美国出生长大,同时在中美两国学习和生活过;和她的父亲一样,对中国有着深厚的感情。目前 Teresa 在一家美国报纸兼职专栏作家,而早在 2003 年,11岁的小沈悦就已经出版了她的一部关注动物的中英文小说《无名狼的旅程》。

今天,在北京奥运会闭幕之际,我们刊登出青年作家沈悦有感于北京奥运的新作。

感谢沈先生和沈悦对Anti-CNN 的支持!

Anti-cnn.com 志愿者团队
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★

Despite reports, Chinese hope Olympic guest love their “house”

By Teresa Shen

It was a special moment, to see Li Ning touch the fire to the majestic torch. The flames spiraled swiftly up and burst into fiery orange, strong and determined. An estimated 15% of the world population watched this, a historic moment that lit the hearts of many people.

The Beijing Olympics is in full swing now, whether or not one likes the idea of China hosting it. Soon, with a flourishing Chinese brush, the closing ceremony will draw a hopefully spectacular period to this world party. It is sometimes hard to believe that so much hard work, training, time, money, excitement and genuine feeling can be put into a short 16 days. But then, it is like my mom hosting a Christmas party for friends. She busied herself senseless scrubbing the floors, cleaning the whole house, and making tons of food with the sole wish to make her guests happy. When they left, my family and I ended up eating leftovers for a week. But the guests loved our house, just as the Chinese hope their foreign guests love their “house”. It seems that the uncontrollable flow of tourists has been unhindered by the negative portrait the main media paints of China.

For more than a week, I have not slept a full night. I set three alarms before I sleep, on my watch, my cell phone, and my clock to get up at a scheduled time and watch the games live on CCTV. Everyone seems to get a cheer in these Games. The Chinese home crowd loves to thunder out their approval. Every athlete on the field, even one who might snatch away the gold from a favored Chinese athlete, receives energetic applause. After all, these are the Olympics, and the host should be gracious.  

However, despite the spirit of the Games demonstrated by Olympics volunteers, athletes, and most Chinese people and tourists, the mainstream Western media continues their negative reports. Many criticisms seems quite strained, even amusing. I was confused by the news of 300 Bibles being confiscated from Americans who tried to bring them into China. What would they have done with these Bibles? Sell them? Or did they truly think that China needed those 300 Bibles, when the country prints more than 8 million a year? The mainstream media cries for religious freedom in China. Maybe I was dreaming that my family and I worshipped in a Beijing church, stampeded for chocolate eggs on Easter in a Beijing garden, and saw Bibles on sale at Beijing bookstores? I did not receive a bullet in my head for being a Christian. Whatever the Bible bringers wanted to do, they have the obligation to respect the law of any country they are entering, even if it feels idiotic. Sulking in the airport despite being asked to leave is quite embarrassing behavior. One side note, I have never tasted a dog penis, or seen one on a plate in China. CNN really likes to go to some weird, rare restaurants and put it all over their article.

So far, there were surprisingly few protests in Beijing, except for isolated incidents involving mainly tourists. I fail to realize what vandalizing a Novotel Peace Hotel room in Beijing, then running away without paying the bill, will do for the development of religious freedom. Unless having this freedom means I can walk into the Shawnee Inn and start splashing paint on the walls? Little groups of protests have been organized in Beijing, with the mainstream media drooling after them. It was no wonder that the demonstrators were detained immediately, since none of the protests were in the protest zones! Although I love the right to protest, in many countries demonstrators must stay within a restricted area.

While the mainstream media competes to find skeletons in China’s closet, our wonderful athletes compete for the gold.  Michael Phelps has cut through the water for those record-breaking eight gold medals. Track and Field competitions are in full motion. The tough, suspenseful swings and leaps of the gymnastics battle have finally ended with a beautiful gold for Shawn Johnson. She deserved this one, and her friendly smile towards everyone was quite touching. Whatever age the young Chinese gymnasts are, they also deserved their share in the glory with their amazing performance. Personally, I do think some have features looking too young to be that of sixteen year olds. As of now, there is not enough evidence to prove it. Overall, after all the years of preparation, the Olympics are coming to a blissful end. Many countries’ leaders have gone to China. Many tourists have cheered in the stadiums and wandered around the real Beijing. Many Chinese people have fulfilled their hopes to host a grand world party and welcome friends of across the globe. Hopefully, this can be the beginning of understanding between cultures, and more constructive dialogue in areas like human rights and environmentalism. Already, positive changes are happening in China. Despite the media barrage about the smog in Beijing, the Chinese Government had implemented a $17 billion plan to lessen pollution way before the Olympics. Though it does not seem to have worked yet, the effort is sincere.  Labor laws guaranteeing overtime pay and a social security program have been passed. Much more will come, but at the pace China can adjust to. Change cannot, and should not, be forced.

As more people see and feel other cultures, they will become less daunted by the differences that often lead to fear and condemnation. For those who have been following the Olympics, enjoy the last few days of the splendid party!

The author is a 17 year old Chinese American (ABC) high school student in the US who studied in the US and China intermittently. She is a published bilingual (English and Chinese) novelist and a student columnist for the local newspaper in the US which published this article recently.

[ 本帖最后由 Nicolle 于 2008-8-27 02:54 编辑 ]
发表于 2008-8-24 23:14 | 显示全部楼层
翻译出来呀,看着太累了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-24 23:16 | 显示全部楼层
支持一下..不过看得真是太累了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-24 23:18 | 显示全部楼层
现在看懂有点难啊.... 翻译一下比较好啊...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-8-24 23:23 | 显示全部楼层

【版主提示】

AC 编译组对此文的翻译工作正在进行中,稍后发布。

懂英文的筒子可以先阅读原文,谢谢各位!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-24 23:25 | 显示全部楼层
哇...好厉害哦...17岁就做作者了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-24 23:30 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 Nicolle 于 2008-8-24 23:23 发表
AC 编译组对此文的翻译工作正在进行中,稍后发布。

懂英文的筒子可以先阅读原文,谢谢各位!
那我慢慢等好了..偶的英文才4J水平...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-25 00:06 | 显示全部楼层
我对中国文学钻研得太多了,上专业课的时候还偷偷的看二十四史(原版古文),现在英语已经退化到2J水平。。。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-25 01:54 | 显示全部楼层
沈先生也是精英民主自由人士?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-25 03:38 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 m122320056 于 2008-8-24 23:30 发表
那我慢慢等好了..偶的英文才4J水平...

偶的英文3.6J
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-25 06:50 | 显示全部楼层
这位17岁的小妹妹真的好厉害!写的很棒!分析的有深度并且很客观,希望更多这样的英文文章出现在西方媒体上!
喜欢那段举例她妈妈如何辛苦准备就希望客人能够开心快乐来类比整个中国积极准备来迎接来自世界各地的客人。这种好客,这种对待客人真诚热情的态度是我们文化中的一部分,是融在我们每个中国人的骨子里的东西。就像这个小妹妹说的,希望这次奥运是一个良好的开始,让那些总有敌意的外国朋友能够多多理解中国文化。
出国这么多年,真的深刻感觉我们中国人真的很可爱,很善良,很大度,并且很聪明,很勤奋,很坚韧。这可能是我们5000年的苦难和兴盛交替的历史形成的吧,呵呵,我们祖宗留下的多是精华!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-25 06:55 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 红色大地 于 2008-8-25 01:54 发表
沈先生也是精英民主自由人士?

呵呵,这好像很正常,那个年代出来的大多是精英民主人士。我有个中国同事,也快40了吧,也参加过天安门游行,也曾经在各个反政府论坛上贴过豪言壮语,但现在思想已经完全转变,认为当时的那些民运头头的确靠外国支持,所以那些头头都跑出来了,让一些可怜的其他的学生做了替死鬼;并且他也承认当时的那种激进的改革行为的确不可取,也不适合中国。现在也是爱国爱的不得了。呵呵
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-25 16:39 | 显示全部楼层
可惜我不太懂英语,之能等翻译了!
挺期待的!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2008-8-28 00:00 | 显示全部楼层

【译文】

不好意思,有劳各位AC看官久等了,现将译文奉上。

特此感谢AC 特约编译 ‘我最爱祖国’ 提供了翻译 !

译文版权属AC 所有,转载请注明出处 anti-cnn.com !

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★  ★ ★ ★ ★ ★★ ★ ★

不管新闻怎么报道,中国人希望奥林匹克的来客喜欢他们的“家”

当李宁点燃主会场的火炬时,那是一个特殊时刻!火焰旋转的上升吐出橘色的、坚定的、雄壮火焰。全世界大约15%的人口目睹了这一历史性的时刻,这一时刻点亮了很多人的心。

The Beijing Olympics is in full swing now, whether or not one likes the idea of China hosting it. Soon, with a flourishing Chinese brush, the closing ceremony will draw a hopefully spectacular period to this world party. It is sometimes hard to believe that so much hard work, training, time, money, excitement and genuine feeling can be put into a short 16 days. But then, it is like my mom hosting a Christmas party for friends. She busied herself senseless scrubbing the floors, cleaning the whole house, and making tons of food with the sole wish to make her guests happy. When they left, my family and I ended up eating leftovers for a week. But the guests loved our house, just as the Chinese hope their foreign guests love their “house”. It seems that the uncontrollable flow of tourists has been unhindered by the negative portrait the main media paints of China.

无论一个人是否喜欢在中国举办这个主意,北京奥林匹克运动会(开幕式)正在热烈地进行。很快地,随着一幅中国画卷的展开,闭幕式向这个世界盛会展现了一个伟大时代。有时难以置信这是多么艰巨的工作,训练,时间,金钱,礼仪,真情都汇聚在这短短的十六天中。但另一方面是,他就像我妈妈为朋友们举办的一个圣诞节聚会。她忙于投入到清洁地板,打扫房子并且准备了大量的食物,她只有一个心愿就是让宾客满意。当他们离开以后,我全家要吃一个星期的剩菜。但是这些客人喜欢我们的房子,就如中国人希望外国访客喜欢他们的“家”一样。这似乎表明,这些游客可以摆脱带有偏见的主流媒体对中国的描绘,不受制约的了解这里。

For more than a week, I have not slept a full night. I set three alarms before I sleep, on my watch, my cell phone, and my clock to get up at a scheduled time and watch the games live on CCTV. Everyone seems to get a cheer in these Games. The Chinese home crowd loves to thunder out their approval. Every athlete on the field, even one who might snatch away the gold from a favored Chinese athlete, receives energetic applause. After all, these are the Olympics, and the host should be gracious.

接续超过一个星期,我整夜都不能安睡。我在睡觉前设定了三个闹钟——在我的手表、手机上和座钟上,以防止不能按时起来观看CCTV直播的奥运会。每个人似乎都在位奥运会加油。中国人喜欢聚集起来,高声欢呼表达他们的兴奋之情。每一个运动场上的冠军,即使是从受人喜爱的中国运动员手上夺取金牌的选手,也能受到热烈的欢呼。毕竟,这是奥林匹克,东道主应该有礼节。

However, despite the spirit of the Games demonstrated by Olympics volunteers, athletes, and most Chinese people and tourists, the mainstream Western media continues their negative reports. Many criticisms seems quite strained, even amusing. I was confused by the news of 300 Bibles being confiscated from Americans who tried to bring them into China. What would they have done with these Bibles? Sell them? Or did they truly think that China needed those 300 Bibles, when the country prints more than 8 million a year? The mainstream media cries for religious freedom in China. Maybe I was dreaming that my family and I worshipped in a Beijing church, stampeded for chocolate eggs on Easter in a Beijing garden, and saw Bibles on sale at Beijing bookstores? I did not receive a bullet in my head for being a Christian. Whatever the Bible bringers wanted to do, they have the obligation to respect the law of any country they are entering, even if it feels idiotic. Sulking in the airport despite being asked to leave is quite embarrassing behavior. One side note, I have never tasted a dog penis, or seen one on a plate in China. CNN really likes to go to some weird, rare restaurants and put it all over their article.

但是,尽管这些志愿者,运动员,大多数中国人民和游客是被奥运精神所感召,但是主流的西方媒体仍旧进行充满偏见的报道。许多批评家似乎过分紧张,甚至达到疯狂的地步。有新闻讲一个美国人试图携带300本圣经到中国的时候被没收了,我对这个新闻表示困惑。他们会怎么处理这这些本圣经呢?卖掉他们?或者他们真的认为中国在一年能生产800万本圣经的同时,需要那300本?主流媒体对中国的宗教自由而哀嚎。难道——我全家在北京一家教堂做礼拜,为北京一家公园出现复活节彩蛋而惊跑,看到北京商店有卖圣经——是做梦吗?我从没有因为是一个基督徒而被枪指着脑袋。无论那些带着圣经的人想要做什么,他们都有义务遵守他们要去的国家的法律,即使感觉到可能有一些不合清理。在机场生闷气然后被要求离开确实是令人尴尬的行为。另外,我也不记得我在中国吃过,或者只是轻易的看到过狗鞭。CNN真的喜欢去光顾那些怪诞的参观然后把他们全部都写在他们的文章中吧。

So far, there were surprisingly few protests in Beijing, except for isolated incidents involving mainly tourists. I fail to realize what vandalizing a Novotel Peace Hotel room in Beijing, then running away without paying the bill, will do for the development of religious freedom. Unless having this freedom means I can walk into the Shawnee Inn and start splashing paint on the walls? Little groups of protests have been organized in Beijing, with the mainstream media drooling after them. It was no wonder that the demonstrators were detained immediately, since none of the protests were in the protest zones! Although I love the right to protest, in many countries demonstrators must stay within a restricted area.

到目前为止,令人吃惊北京几乎没有出现示威,除了在游客中零星出生几起事件。我不能理解为什么要摧残诺富特和平饭店的客房,然后没付账单就躲起来,这能为宗教自由做贡献吗?难道我有走进肖尼并在墙壁上涂鸦的自由?在北京几乎没有组织起的示威,虽然主流媒体都非常期盼。怪不得这些示威者都被迅速拘留了,因为抗议根本就不在指定的示威区域。尽管我喜欢抗议权,但是在很多国家示威者都必须呆在限定区域内。

而奇怪的是,媒体们跟随在违法的抗议着后面,鼓励他们违反法律确保有新闻可做。幸运的是,大部分中国人民面对这些抗议者表现的泰然自若,只是庆祝这次来之不易的奥运会。一个中国老妇人对一名在天安门广场的示威者的回应只是替他扇扇子。他可能听不懂这个示威者在喊什么。只是感觉到外面非常炎热,就同情的帮他扇扇子。也许如果抗议者真正关心中国人民的人权和自由,他们应该拿起标语对着在中国人中吼叫吗?这种标语还能被怎么理解?

While the mainstream media competes to find skeletons in China’s closet, our wonderful athletes compete for the gold.  Michael Phelps has cut through the water for those record-breaking eight gold medals. Track and Field competitions are in full motion. The tough, suspenseful swings and leaps of the gymnastics battle have finally ended with a beautiful gold for Shawn Johnson. She deserved this one, and her friendly smile towards everyone was quite touching. Whatever age the young Chinese gymnasts are, they also deserved their share in the glory with their amazing performance. Personally, I do think some have features looking too young to be that of sixteen year olds. As of now, there is not enough evidence to prove it. Overall, after all the years of preparation, the Olympics are coming to a blissful end. Many countries’ leaders have gone to China. Many tourists have cheered in the stadiums and wandered around the real Beijing. Many Chinese people have fulfilled their hopes to host a grand world party and welcome friends of across the globe. Hopefully, this can be the beginning of understanding between cultures, and more constructive dialogue in areas like human rights and environmentalism. Already, positive changes are happening in China. Despite the media barrage about the smog in Beijing, the Chinese Government had implemented a $17 billion plan to lessen pollution way before the Olympics. Though it does not seem to have worked yet, the effort is sincere.  Labor laws guaranteeing overtime pay and a social security program have been passed. Much more will come, but at the pace China can adjust to. Change cannot, and should not, be forced.

当主流媒体争相寻找中国的隐秘时,我们卓越的运动员正在为金牌而拼搏。迈克尔菲利普斯穿越浪花破记录的拿到了8块金牌。田径比赛扣人心弦。在比赛结束后,肖恩以高难度而又标准的翻腾和转体赢得了一块体操金牌。 她应该得到这块金牌,而她对每个人友好的微笑非常感人。不管中国年轻的体操运动员有多大,她们精彩的表演也配的上得到的荣耀。就我个人而言,我确实认为有些人看上去太小还不到16岁年龄。但是起码到现在,还没有充足的证据来证明。总体来说,都经过了数年的准备,奥运会将会有一个非常好的结局。许多国家领导人到访中国。许多游客在体育馆里狂欢,四处游玩体会真正的北京。尽管媒体集中火力指责北京的烟雾,但是中国政府实施了花费170亿美元的计划,在奥运前减少了污染排放量。尽管这一计划还没有生效,但是效果明显。劳动法保证支付加班费和一项社会保险议案被通过。更多的(惊喜)将会来临,但是他们按照中国可以接受的节奏施行。变革不能,也不应该是被强迫的。

As more people see and feel other cultures, they will become less daunted by the differences that often lead to fear and condemnation. For those who have been following the Olympics, enjoy the last few days of the splendid party!

随着更多的人们看到并亲身体会其他文化,他们将会不再因争议而气馁,而争议通常会导致恐惧和谴责。那些亲身体验奥运会的人,享受最后的辉煌盛会吧!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-28 00:46 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 红色大地 于 2008-8-25 01:54 发表
沈先生也是精英民主自由人士?

为祖国和新华社辩护,舌战群夷的沈先生?
不要太草木皆兵了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-28 09:35 | 显示全部楼层
小女孩很犀利啊~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2008-8-31 19:32 | 显示全部楼层
不知这些文章有没有在国外的媒体上发表过.如果仅在这个论坛里,感觉效果并不大,因为该看这些文章的人应该是国外的群众.

希望有才之士多多争取能在国外的主流媒体上发表自己的文章,为我们国家正名!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 10:57 , Processed in 0.054763 second(s), 19 queries , Gzip On.