本帖最后由 j小蜜蜂 于 2009-5-11 20:44 编辑

【中文标题】韩寒与80后
【原文标题】 Han Han and the post-80s  e9
【登载媒体】CHINAYOUREN博客
【来源地址】 Y6http://chinayouren.com/eng/2009/05/han-han/3 [4 u$ q# q& T$ {
%【译者】波默默妞
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=162992&extra=page%3D1%26amp%3Bfilter%3Dtype%26amp%3Btypeid%3D208

【译文】
Chinese ultra-blogger Han Han is starting a magazine. He announced it before on his blog, and his last post is already giving the details to send in article drafts and job applications. I learned this last night from my friend 2Ting, who was eagerly preparing her CV and intro letter. The literati of the post-80s are very excited, it appears.
Han’s magazine, which still doesn’t have a name to avoid imitations, is presented in this blog post. A very Chinese and a very  “hanhan” announcement, interesting for several reasons. But before I speak of it let me give some background on Han Han. I’ve been planning to write about him for ages, and never found the time until today.

中国激进博主韩寒正在创办一份杂志。他之前在他的博客上宣布了这件事情,最近的一篇博文公布了投稿和工作申请的细节。这些都是昨天晚上我的朋友2Ting告诉我的,她正急急忙忙地准备简历和推荐信。看来80后的文学青年们很不安分哦!

尽管因为要防止盗版,名字还没有公布,但是这本杂志已经在其博文中提出来了。一个非常中国,非常“韩寒”的声明,非常有趣,原因不止一个。但是在我列举这些原因之前,我得介绍一下韩寒。我老早就计划写关于他的东西,今天终于让我逮着机会了。

The man
Han Han is 2Ting’s idol. He is also the idol of thousands of others post-80s Chinese, and he has become - in spite of himself-  a symbol of this often caricatured generation. His bio is interesting: while attending middle school he won a first prize in a famous literary festival, then he dropped out of high school and started writing  popular novels and driving race cars. By now he has become one of the best selling authors in China, and, if I got my stats right*, the biggest blogger in the World.

韩寒是2Ting的偶像,也是成千上万的中国80后的偶像。他自己也已经是这个经常被讽刺的一代人的代表。他的个人经历很有趣:他在中学的时候就在一个著名的文学比赛上得了一等奖,接着他从高中辍学,写了些很受欢迎的小说,还玩儿赛车。现在他是中国作品最卖座的作家之一,而且,如果我的数据是没错的话,他是世界上最大的博客写手。

Han Han’ s appeal to the Chinese youth is based on his character and his life as much as on his incisive writing style. For modern day Chinese students, stifled by a cut-throat competitive system and the high expectations of their parents, there is no room for the big ideals. It is not Communism or Democracy that worries them, but rather the daily struggle to improve their grades. And  the fairness of a system that should allow them to get in the future a position according to their efforts.

韩寒对年轻人的吸引力是基于他的个性,生活以及尖锐的写作风格。现代的中国学生被束缚于一个割喉式的竞争体系和父母的深切期望之中,没有时间留给他们的远大理想。他们不关心共产主义和民主制度,他们更在乎每天为了提高成绩所做的奋斗,还有这个系统的公平性如何,也就是能否公平地通过各人所做的努力来衡量将来的地位。

In this world, dropping out of school has to be the ultimate rebellion. Han Han fought the system and Han Han won.  And not only he won, but he took to denouncing the gaps in the establishment, directly challenging the older generations that hold the power today. Add to this that - I am informed- Mr. Han is “hot”, and you got the bearings to start to understand the Han Han phenomenon.

在这样一个社会体系当中,辍学是反叛的极限。韩寒跟这个体系作斗争,而且赢了。不但胜利了,他还开始公开揭露当局的缺点,矛头直指目前当权的老辈们。此外,据说,韩先生现在很火,要了解韩寒现象你算是找对方向了。

The blog

Like a sort of Robin Hood of the Sinosphere, Han Han writes about injustice. He complains and makes fun of things that are wrong, by people who have power (political or other) in the older generations. Like his readers, he is not interested in the big words, you do not see “Charter” or “democracy” on his blog. You see a mayor in Chengdu who spent too much for a luxury “earthquake relief” car, or a rant against some older writer who sold his soul (some of his feuds with artists and critics are legendary).

韩寒就像中国的罗宾汉,他写不公平的事情。他抱怨、嘲弄老辈当权者(政治,还有其它方面的)的不当行径。跟他的读者一样,他对大字眼不感兴趣。在他的博文中,你找不到“纲领”“民主”这样的字眼。你能读到的是,成都一位市长买豪华“地震救助”车花了很多钱,或者是跟一些出卖灵魂的老一辈作家的争论(他跟大师和评论家的长期不和,有一些是路人皆知的)。

By my own estimate, Han Han’s blog must be the most read personal blog in the World. The numbers are baffling. Each of his posts has hits in the hundreds of thousands, and comments are counted in the thousands. According to the stats on sina.com.cn, he is long past the 200 million hits. Impressive, even if we discount the part driven by returning low-value commentators. Typically, the 100 first comments on a post are whining about not being the first (the “sofa!”). Then it quickly degenerates into a series of ecstatic “chichis” and “jiayous”, which is the way Chinese express their cheering approval.

据我自己的估计,韩寒的博客应该是这个世界上访问量最大的个人博客。这些数据令人困惑。他的每篇博文都有数十万的阅读量,评论也会有好几千。根据新浪网统计的数据,他的博客的访问量已经远远超过了2亿人次。即便不算上那些因为返回评论引起的流量,这个数字也是很惊人的。一般说来,前一百个评论都是在发牢骚没抢到一楼的位置(“沙发”)。接下来很快就变成了一连串狂喜的“支持”和“加油”,这是中国人表达自己赞同的词语。

The lack of explicit political involvement is what makes many foreign readers ignore Han Han and turn to other -smaller- bloggers who write in tune with their expectations. This probably also explains why Han Han has managed to get away with so much, while being censored so little. The Censors have barely touched his blog, only once in a while blocking the occasional post.  Like the thousands of tolerated protests organised in the countryside, most of the times he is just writing  against a case of local injustice, and he rarely crosses the line of attacking Beijing.

缺少明白露骨的政治元素使得很多外国读者忽视韩寒,而转向那些相对不太出名的博主,这些人写得内容比较合乎他们的期望。这或许也解释了为什么韩寒成功逃过了很多麻烦,而且也不怎么被审查。审查官儿们几乎不怎么碰他的博客,只有一次屏蔽了某些他的某些博文一小段时间。就像农村进行的数千起波澜不惊的抗议活动一样,大多数情况下韩寒只写一些地方性不公正的事件,很少玩儿火去攻击北京(政府)。

But westerners and officials alike might be underestimating Han Han’s influence. His fans  belong to defined and very concentrated sectors of the population, including one that has been identified as potentially conflictive in times of crisis: the young graduates from university that are unable to find a job. Looking further down the line, the post 80-s will start entering their 30s next year, and gradually they will gain some power and cease to be ciphers. Han Han is in a strategic position.

但是西方人和官员们可能是低估了韩寒的影响力。他的粉丝是中国人口中定义明确和非常集中的一部分,包括那些找不到工作的大学生毕业生——一个被认为是危机时刻潜在的危险力量。进一步来看,明年80后就开始陆续奔三了,他们会逐渐获得一些权利,不会再甘心做无名小卒。韩寒正处在一个关键的位置。

It has been said that his writing lacks a message, or that he is just a student fad, perhaps because he doesn’t fit our mould of a”chinese intellectual”.  But he never was meant to be an intellectual. He is a man of action, who hops from high school to the race cars and on the way home plots his next witty line. He is the kind of man that makes change happen, rather than theorising it. The following extract of his magazine announcement can give a taste of what I mean.

人们说他的文章缺乏实质性内容,或者说他只是一时的热潮罢了,或许因为他不符合“中国知识分子”的形象。但是他本来也没想当个知识分子。他属于行动派,高中辍学去搞赛车,然后在回家的路上构思自己的下一篇作品。他是那种说到做到的人。下面一段他的杂志声明的摘录,可以让你体验一下我上面所说的。

The magazine
关于他的杂志

This is the bold announcement posted on the 1st May, approximatively translated and abridged by Uln:
这是五月一日他博客上的声明,我大致的翻译和编辑了一下:

The magazine I edit is calling for manuscripts. Any kind of documents, including novels, short stories, news, essays, commentary, etc. For this magazine, I have decided to give the highest salaries in the field. 2000RMB/ 1000 characters for original cover stories. 1000RMB for other original stories, etc. These prices are around 10 to 40 times higher than average of the industry.
The magazine will also have a section for the points of view we completely oppose. The magazine considers the author is mentally disabled. These will include articles against humanity, against common sense, against justice and freedom. We will publish these articles and remunerate them  250*RMB/1000 characters. And this is also a high standard, for 250s don’t fall from heaven, and there is also a cost for the 250s to be born.

我主编的杂志向大家征稿,接受各种稿件,小说,杂文,时评,散文,人物,新闻,记事,诗歌等等,作为杂志的主编,我决定向所有文章录用者提供全中国最高的稿费,无论你是否有名,也没有任何的附加签约条件,我们不是选秀节目的经纪公司,只是不能同时间一稿多投。杂志的稿费标准是:封面推荐的原创文章,1000字/2000元,放心,我们的封面基本就是半个目录,所以,我承诺几乎一半的原创文章都是这个标准,这个标准是国内行业标准的10到40倍,也是国内最顶尖杂志给特约顶尖作家的稿费2—4倍,普通稿件,1000字/1000元,也是行业标准的10—20倍,如果是已发表过的或我们摘录的文章,稿费标准是1000字/500元,是文摘类标准的15倍,杂志每期还设有最差观点和文笔的文章两篇到三篇,表示杂志完全不认同作者的观点,杂志认为作者NC,反人类反常识反正义反自由,杂志也会发表此类并且示众,为了表示和这些人的形象的吻合,所以这类文章的稿费标准是1000字/250元,也是非常高的标准,250从来不是从天而降的,250的诞生也是有成本的。(译者注:这是我从韩寒的博客上直接摘的原文下同)

(*NOTE:  For some reason, the number 250 in Chinese means “stupid”)
注意:由于某种原因,250这个数在中文里是笨蛋的意思。

That is already a promising declaration of intentions. Fighting injustice with irony, that is very much the style of Han Han. In a country like China this kind of writing can go a long way. Until, of course, one of the 250s is powerful enough to take away their publishing licence.

这个声明就是一个目的明确的宣告书。用讽刺的手法和不公平行为斗争,很是韩寒的风格。在中国这样的国家里,这种风格的写作是很有生命力的。当然是直到那些二百五中的某一个手中握有足够的权利能够取消他们(指那些作家——译者注)的出版许可证为止。

The texts will only be paid 15 days after publication, to give enough time to the readers to find any plagiarism. If this is the case, a note will be published in the cover and compensation of 1000RMB/character given to the original writer, and 500RMB/character to the one who finds it. The magazine will not admit original authors that plagiarize themselves under a different name to claim both payments.
The salaries for the staff editors will be of 6500RMB/month, which will increase if we manage to keep the business afloat.
Some people advised me against this kind announcement, but  I didn’t listen to them. When I asked some guys in other publications what was their monthly budget for writers, they said it was negligible. I am fed up of the situation in this country and I want to help improve it. I am a well known writer and a champion driver and with my income I can hardly buy a flat in Shanghai. In other countries these professions are more respected and you earn enough to buy Ferraris, etc.  I want to ensure in my magazine that writers receive the proper compensation for their work.

所有原创作者的稿费将在杂志发行能从市面上购买到以后的十五天之后发出,因为要给读者足够的时间来举报抄袭,一旦发现抄袭,将在封面上公示,杂志也将按照1000字/1000元的标准向原作者发出稿费,并将按照1000/500元的标准向第一个举报抄袭的读者发出奖励。本杂志不带自己换个名字抄自己然后再换个名字举报自己的。杂志编辑的月薪为6500,如果杂志的销量不错,可以自保,我将再次提高稿费和员工的收入标准。有些朋友劝我说,你这样做会有很大的压力,因为我允诺的太多了。我不听他们的。我咨询了一些人,问作者的稿费在文学类杂志的成本占多大?得到的答案是,忽略不计。我赚的挺多了,我想改变这种状况。无论如何,我在中国几乎拿的都是最高的版税和最高的赛车薪水,出版和赛车是两个非常大的行业,但我发现,在面对上海的公寓的价格的时候,我无能无力。在楼价和收入合理的国家,这两个行当的顶尖收入者一年的收入者应该可以轻松购买200台法拉利,而在我们国家,只能购买大约半台。虽然我们的杂志暂时不能让你致富,但是希望可以改善一下供稿者的生活。

Remarkable announcement, and, as I said, very hanhan. Also very Chinese, showing the money straight from the first paragraph. The likes of Han Han are not ashamed of  what  they are, and I can’t see a better way of getting his hordes of fans feverishly updating their CVs. I wonder how he is going to deal with the avalanche of manuscripts.

很棒的话,就像我说的,非常“韩寒”。也很中国,在开头第一段就直接提到了钱。韩寒一类的人从不以自己为耻,而且也找不到任何一种更好的办法能使他那一大帮粉丝更新他们的简历(更新简历应该指的是提交简历向韩寒申请工作——译者注)。我在想他怎么处理那些雪崩一样的稿件啊。

A funny paragraph is the one about plagiarism. It is a recurrent theme in Han Han’s posts, as he has been himself a major victim. The whole system of low wages for creative jobs is partly due to traditionally low awareness of intellectual property. To understand the extent of the problem, just consider that Han Han’s novels are plagiarized before they are even written: some crook commissions a writer to put together a novel with the bits of information that leak about Han’s next work, and in a week it is on the tricycle market.  In these conditions, original books in libraries rarely sell for more than 15RMB (2$). Any increase would get the tricycles flocking to your doorstep.

写“抄袭”的那一段很有趣,这是韩寒博文中经常出现的主题,因为他就是剽窃的主要受害者。创造性职业的低收入在一定程度上是一直以来这个国家不重视知识产权的结果。我来描述一下抄袭现象的严重程度,韩寒的小说甚至在没写出来之前都能被抄袭:一些盗版商委托一位作家根据韩寒下部作品的一些信息拼凑一部小说,只需一周,书就出现在三轮车上的黑市里了。在这种情况下,书店里的原版几乎不会卖到15元以上。只要价格提高一点,那些推着三轮车的小贩儿就会挤到你的门口。

But finally, one might ask, what is the magazine about? In the world of Han Han, the particular theme doesn’t seem to matter so much. As we saw above, humanity, freedom, justice and common sense are the principles that will guide it. Principles without capital letters, because there are none in Chinese. Perhaps the following phrase, which sounds better in the original, can give some more hints:

最后,你可能会问,杂志到底是关于什么的?在韩寒的世界里,那个主题(指抄袭)看起来也不是特别重要。就像上面提到的,人权,自由,公义和常识是引导那个主题的准则。没用大写(指上面的人权,自由,公义第一个字母没用大写)因为中文里没有大写这一说。也许下面这一段——原文比较好理解一点——可以给你更多的线索:

We don’t have a standpoint, we just discern right and wrong. Too many people around us have standpoints, they don’t discern right and wrong.

我们没有立场,我们只会辨别是非。我们周围很多人都有立场,确不去辨别是非。(这是我直接翻译的,因为没有找到原文——译者注)。

So be it.
This article is dedicated to my friend Ting.  I really wish you can make it into the Han magazine

就写到这儿吧。
这篇文章是为我的朋友Ting写的。我真诚地希望你能够被韩寒的杂志录用。

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2009-5-11 19:38 | 显示全部楼层
只要稍加压力,这个罗宾汉就露馅了,不信就试试,就是个狡猾的司机
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 19:58 | 显示全部楼层
韩寒的路是越走越窄了,他已需不停的搞点事来证明自己的存在。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 20:00 | 显示全部楼层
偶是80后,不过韩寒可不是偶的偶像。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 20:21 | 显示全部楼层
又替他做广告了.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 21:32 | 显示全部楼层
翻译的真有趣,辛苦了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 21:43 | 显示全部楼层
韩寒曾经是我的偶像
但是现在不是了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 23:13 | 显示全部楼层
那个人好像是个人妖。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-11 23:22 | 显示全部楼层
韩寒、艾未未这帮人为什么总有一帮样粉丝帮他们吹捧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-12 15:07 | 显示全部楼层
我真的不知道韩寒是干什么的  都是来着后听你们这些小青年说的  到现在一点只言片语没看到   因为你们素质差 缺乏社会阅读能力  没有社会责任感 所以你们崇拜喜欢韩寒  我理解的没错吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-12 15:32 | 显示全部楼层
韩寒是80后的偶像?呕吐的对象吧!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-13 13:08 | 显示全部楼层
来这里的人都是有志向的,忧心国事的热血青年,不认同韩寒这种无聊的人是很正常。
但大家必须看到,在社会上,依然有千千万的孩子们幼稚的迷恋那些没有营养的东西。中国对年轻一代的教育是有些问题了!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-13 13:21 | 显示全部楼层
偶的偶像是偶
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 00:09 | 显示全部楼层
那孩子就是个丑角  愚弄下别人顺便火下自己 鄙视
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-14 00:16 | 显示全部楼层
笑死人了,韩寒什么时候成了“偶像”,是“呕像”还差不多

在很多人眼里,他只不过是个特别爱哗众取宠和一心一意想引起别人注意的小丑而已

不错,就一个小丑
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-15 23:07 | 显示全部楼层
谈不上偶像 可是我很喜欢韩寒啊
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-16 10:42 | 显示全部楼层
加油韩寒!
与其坐而论道不如起而行动!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-16 12:33 | 显示全部楼层
韩寒有些文章写得不错的,但愿不要让某些人利用
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-16 13:12 | 显示全部楼层
偶还是比较喜欢韩寒的............
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-16 14:15 | 显示全部楼层
韩寒只是特立独行,从未离经判道!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 11:33 , Processed in 0.052804 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.