【原文标题】Obama names new China envoy
【登载媒体】澳洲广播公司
【来源地址】http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/17/2572645.htm?section=justin
【译者】nbnbren
【翻译方式】人工
【声明】本翻译供Anti-CNN使用,未经AC或译者许可,不得转载。
【原文库链接】http://bbs.m4.cn/thread-165786-1-1.html
【译文】

United States President Barack Obama has named Republican Governor of Utah Jon Huntsman Jr. as ambassador to China.

美国总统提名犹他州共和党领导人Jon Huntsman Jr.为驻华大使。

Mr Huntsman is a fluent speaker of Mandarin and has served as a deputy trade representative and ambassador to Singapore.

Jon Huntsman Jr.先生能讲流利的普通话,也曾当过新加坡大使和商务代表。

He co-chaired the campaign of John McCain, Mr Obama's rival in last year's presidential election.

他担任过John McCain,竞选活动的副主席,在去年的总统竞选时是奥巴马先生的对手。

He also served as deputy US trade representative in the administration of President George W Bush.

他也担任小布什政府的商务代表。

"Here in my final term as governor with plenty to do, I wasn't looking for a new job in life," he said.

他说“作为一个地方长官,在最后期限还有大量工作要完成,我不想在这一生中另某高就,”

"But a call from the President changed that. So, Mr President, I humbly accept your call to service."

“但是来自新任总统的召唤,因此,总统先生,我恭敬接受召唤并为之服务。”

Mr Obama says the new ambassador will be able to speak frankly about human rights and democracy.

奥巴马先生说新大使也要坦白地说人权和民主。

"Improved relations with China will require candour and open discussion about issues where we don't always agree, such as human rights and democracy and free speech," he said.

他说:“改进和中国的关系,也要求开诚布公讨论我们不总是同意的事情,比如人权,民主和言论自由。”

"It will require that each of our nations play by the rules in open and honest competition."

“这也要求我们国家双方在公开和诚实的竞赛中按规则进行。”

In announcing the appointment, Mr Obama said the US could most effectively confront global challenges by working together with China, and Mr Huntsman agreed.

在指定的声明中,奥巴马先生说美国通过和中国通力合作,就能很有效地面对全球挑战,Huntsman也同意。

"You have my commitment that we will take the US-China relationship to new heights, focused on not just that which divides us but more importantly on that which unites us, knowing that this will be critical for lasting peace and prosperity for citizens on both sides of the Pacific," Mr Huntsman said.

Huntsman先生说:“ 我向总统保证, 我们将把中美关系提到一个新的高度,重点不是把我们隔离,更重要的是团结,懂得太平洋俩岸间的人民维持持久的和平,繁荣是多么至关重要。”

The China envoy post is considered crucial because of Beijing's role as the biggest investor in US Treasury bonds and as a key US trading partner.

这中国大使岗位被深思熟虑,是因为北京作为美国国库券的最大投资者和美国贸易伙伴的主角。

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2009-5-17 11:01 | 显示全部楼层
国总统奥巴马正计划委任犹他州州长亨茨曼(Jon Huntsman),出任新的美国驻华大使。据报,亨茨曼已经接受这项任命,但暂时未知道他何时前往北京履新。预料白宫不久会有正式的公布。

星岛新闻集团消息,49岁的亨茨曼是一位摩门教徒,但他的处事作风比较开明,曾经推动犹他州放宽一向严厉的禁酒法例,又在环境保护及同性恋权益等问题上主张采取较为温和的路。

外界曾经揣测亨茨曼是2012年总统竞选的热门人选。在外交方面,他拥有丰富的经验,在前总统老布什在任期间曾经出任美国驻新加坡大使。

亨茨曼与中国也有一些渊源,能讲流利普通话,曾在中国收养了一个女孩子做女儿。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-5-17 11:20 | 显示全部楼层
希望不要只注重形式 拿出点实际行动来。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-22 08:20 , Processed in 0.041974 second(s), 23 queries , Gzip On.