[复制链接]
发表于 2009-7-9 03:36 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 vivicat 于 2009-7-9 23:30 编辑

What Should China Do About the Uighurs?
http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytim ... -about-the-uighurs/

July 8, 2009, 2:42 pm
By THE EDITORS

Photo: Goh Chai Hin/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
Chinese riot police arrived in downtown Urumqi, Xinjiang Province in China, on Wednesday.

Updated, July 8, 3:45 p.m. | Yan Sun, a political scientist at the CUNY Graduate Center, describes the reaction of her Han Chinese relatives in Xinjiang to the unrest there.

Riots and street protests abated on Wednesday in Xinjiang in the northwest region of China, after government forces lined the streets and arrested the leaders of the unrest. China’s president, Hu Jintao, cut short a stay in Italy for the G-8 meeting to deal with the riots, the worst ethnic violence in China in decades. Officials said they would seek the death sentence against those responsible for fanning the violence between the native Uighur Muslims and the rising population of Han Chinese.

What are the roots of the tensions between the Uighurs and the Han Chinese? As the government cracks down, what dangers does it face as anger continues to simmer on both sides, especially from Uighur separatists?

Pacifying the Uigh urs

Chien-peng Chung is associate professor of political science at Lingnan University, in Hong Kong. He is the author of “Domestic Politics: International Bargaining, and China’s Territorial Disputes.”

Although no major incidents were reported on Wednesday, unlike the previous three days, most non-government establishments in Urumqi were closed for the entire day. The streets of Urumqi and other major Xinjiang cities were flooded with truckloads and columns of riot policemen, with soldiers massed along Urumqi’s roadsides and at Xinjiang’s military bases on high alert and ready for immediate deployment. Together with nightly curfews, this is a recommendable strategy to restore and maintain order for the time being.

Despite allegations by the Chinese government that the protest on July 5 and riots were instigated, directed and organized from overseas, chiefly by the World Uyghur Congress, the authorities should be mindful that it is perfectly imaginable for Uighurs who had some experience with leadership roles in schools, factories, social groups, trade guilds, mosques, the Communist Youth League and even local Communist Party organizations to take the lead in mobilizing marches before allowing the crowds’ emotion to take over.

The arrests of several people on Tuesday in connection with the brawl between Uighurs and Han Chinese workers at the toy factory in Shaoguan, Guangdong, on June 25, 2009, which led to the deaths of two Uighurs and was believed to have sparked off the July 5 riots, was a good start to pacify Uighur sentiments.

However, other grievances broadly held by Uighurs should be addressed. The perception that economic development in Xinjiang aids Han Chinese at the expense of Uighurs cannot be allowed to continue. The government must look into effectively enforcing existing, and devising more, affirmative action policies to ensure that Uighurs do not feel marginalized. Muslim religious activities in Xinjiang could still be closely monitored for separatist or violent tendencies, but left to operate with minimum overt interference by the authorities.

Communist Party cadres should demonstrate respect for Muslim and other religious customs whenever possible in public. Travel restrictions to overseas destinations for Uighurs should be no different from those for other Chinese nationals.

Governments of countries around China and Xinjiang such as Russia, those of Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India have their own problems with ethnic minorities, separatism and violence, so are very unlikely to support any separatist aspirations by Uighur or other ethnic minorities in China, and have in fact been enlisted as active partners in the fight against ethnic separatism, violence and religious fundamentalism. China’s foreign missions in many European countries were pelted with rocks by Uighur demonstrators yesterday, but the governments of these countries will not allow the situation to continue.

忧心认领1#
一楼的那部分我领了
忧心 发表于 2009-7-9 22:38

评分

查看全部评分

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-9 05:07 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 vivicat 于 2009-7-9 23:30 编辑

Seeing China as a Colonizer

Stevan Harrell, an anthropologist at the University of Washington, has collaborated with minority scholars from China for more than 20 years. He is author of “Ways of Being Ethnic in Southwest China.”
The 130 million members of China’s 55 officially designated minority groups have all the civil rights of full citizenship, and are even beneficiaries of affirmative action and less stringent birth planning regulations. They are also poorer, less educated, and less represented in Communist Party and government positions than are the majority Han Chinese.

Not all minority groups are the same. Most are citizens of no state but China and have never been independent nations. While all of these groups — which range in size from the Zhuang, with a population of 16 million, and the Hui Muslims, with 10 million, to the Lhoba, with only 3,000 members — have their conflicts with local Han and have at times demonstrated over Chinese state policies and the Han presence in their home areas, they have not developed political separatist movements.

The Tibetans and Uighurs (and perhaps the Mongols) are different. They are “minority nationalities,” peoples with historic and contemporary claims to nationhood. Historically, they have sometimes been ruled by a larger East Asian empire, and have sometimes been independent. Despite being officially included as citizens and members of the Chinese nation, many think that their nations are rightfully independent and not part of China.

Recent infusions of financial support from the government to develop their regional economies have not altered that sentiment. Not unlike the the Kikuyu in Kenya or the Bengalis in India, who prospered materially under British rule but were eager to be rid of it, rising standards of living among minority nationalities in China have not diminished their sense that they are an occupied people.

Both the Tibetans and Uighurs would probably choose to be independent of China. But most of them realize that this is almost certainly impossible in the foreseeable future, and many have accommodated to the current system, as do colonized peoples anywhere — they go to school, learn Chinese, migrate to Han areas to work and become local officials. Some even join the Communist Party and rise high in its ranks. But most continue to feel that their land is being held by an outside power.

The Chinese authorities may or may not realize this, but they do not accept it. For them, all minorities are fully — and only — Chinese citizens, and therefore must be loyal to the government and grateful for its largesse. There will never be much gratitude unless China’s leaders grant these groups real regional autonomy, guarantee freedom of religion, curb Han Chinese migration and stop their insulting rhetoric about underdeveloped minorities in need of help. But they won’t. So the unrest and discontent — at times exploding into the violence of the past few days — are bound to continue.

My Han Relatives’ View From Xinjiang

Yan Sun, a native of Sichuan, has lived in the United States since 1985 and been a professor of political science at the City University of New York since 1992. She has also written “A Sichuan Family and Tibet’s Future.”

After arriving at the home of my parents in Chongqing on July 7, I asked my mother how many relatives we still had in Xinjiang and how they were doing lately. Ten families of close relatives, she said, and several more distant ones. Some were born and raised in Xinjiang, but the majority migrated there in the 1960s and 1970s from the Sichuan countryside. The sole reason was to get out of the poor farmland and have a chance at becoming urban residents.

They were introduced to Xinjiang by an aunt who was assigned there in the 1950s but had managed to bring her family back to Sichuan in the 1980s.

I scrambled to reach some of them by phone and talk to them candidly about the issues that are often cited in the Western media as responsible for growing ethnic divide and tensions between the Uighur and Han Chinese. Some of my cited reasons took them by surprise; others made them laugh. With their decades of life and work in an austere region, I have little reason to dispute them. As a social scientist, it is fascinating for me to learn about their perspective on the deeper roots of the recent riots. After all, they were supposed to be the very source and targets of local grievance.

Without any need to repeat government accounts to me, my relatives mostly see “outside forces” as the main reason for the latest as well as other riots in Xinjiang in recent years. Citing long-term good friendship with local Muslims, they are hard-pressed to think of divisions serious enough to cause deadly riots. Rather, they claim to have seen outside influences at work from their own experience, e.g., money for underground mosques where mullahs engage in inciting rhetoric, for “terrorist groups” that make explosives and bombs, or for restless Muslim youths who stage trouble on the streets. They also see a pattern of Uighur separatist forces imitating the tactics of Tibetan exiles, namely, phrasing issues in terms that appeal to Western sensibilities, such as religious freedom, cultural and linguistic preservation, ethnic equality or territorial autonomy.

But aren’t there problems in these areas? My relatives were unanimous in their view that state policies are already tilted in favor of local ethnics. Freedom of religion? My relatives see the state restrictions are justifiable: no mosques for those under 18 because they are not mature enough to have good judgment, and no mosque attendance for those holding government jobs. The state does send an (Uighur) official as a liaison with the mosques on a weekly basis, but again this is seen as justifiable since the state funds helped with their construction and to pay the mullahs’ salaries. Why not let them fund on their own? The answer is that outside religious forces would otherwise fund them. Having read about how foreign-financed madrassahs spring up and spread in western Pakistan, I am hard-pressed to pass judgment here.

How about the imposition of Chinese language instruction in schools? This was news to my relatives. They grew up attending separate schools from their Uighur peers, where different languages were used in instruction. Some Uighurs chose to attend Han Chinese schools for career benefits. Only since 2005 has bilingual education been introduced in public schools in Xinjiang. Most technical colleges use Chinese in instruction, because of available resources, while colleges for ethnic nationalities instruct in minority languages. Rather than seeing bilingual education as forced assimilation, my relatives see it as a good skill to have in the job market, because many modern-sector jobs will involve interaction with Han Chinese in and out of Xinjiang. For their part, my Xinjiang cousins speak enough Uighur to communicate with Uighurs on a daily basis, and tell me that they live more like Uighurs than Han Chinese, enjoying mutton more than pork.

What about widened income gaps between Han Chinese and Uighur Muslims in the market economy? My relatives cite different attitudes toward education, achievement and life. This is where some “racist” assessments may be found, if they may be so-called: nomadic traditions do not value sending kids to schools, but rather roaming around or bathing in the sun; nor do they prioritize professional and material pursuits like the Han Chinese, or hard work or long-term planning for this world, but rather satisfaction in the spiritual world, etc. These are the contrasts I have learned in Western social sciences — conflicts between pre-modern and modern values, religious and secular cultures, or an achievement and non-achievement ethic. So it is hard for me to pass judgment here as well except to urge Han Chinese to loosen up and enjoy life a little as our ethnic brothers do.

What about the squeezing of Uighurs in their own native land by growing Han presence? Is that occupation or colonialism? These lines usually shocked my relatives. One aunt, a college professor who spent three decades in Khotan of southern Xinjiang, gave me a history lesson about how Xinjiang came under Chinese control in the Han Dynasty in the 200s B.C. and remained so on and off till the Manchu Dynasty finally consolidated Chinese rule in the 1770s. Xinjiang was loose whenever China was weak internally and its rulers were preoccupied elsewhere.
But successive rulers always reasserted control and sovereignty. Another aunt who had lived in a Tibetan region called the Chinese nation a melting pot of different ethnic groups over millenniums. Citing our own ancestors who had migrated to Sichuan generations back, my mother recalls her grandmother as one with white skin and yellow hair, possible of Turkic origin herself from western China.

Are there government policies on minority regions responsible for increasing ethnic tensions? Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly for someone familiar with America’s ethnic politics), some of my relatives fault the government’s preferential policies for helping to enhance ethnic identity and entitlement for minorities. Uighurs with disciplinary problems or criminal offenses are treated leniently, they say. In matters of employment, appointment and promotion in the public sector, Uighurs may be preferred over (perceived) more qualified Han candidates. “Reverse discrimination” in college admissions and population policies are other areas of Han complaints. While Han Chinese can have only one child, Uighurs receive honorary and monetary rewards for stopping at three, along with yearly bonuses. Whether legitimate or not, such complaints make it difficult for Han Chinese to appreciate Uighur grievances.

Do they think the World Uighur Congress and its exiled leader, Rebiya Radeer, were behind the recent riots? My older relatives from Xinjiang recalled Soviet instigations of Uighur separatism in the 30s and during the cold war, so they said they would not be surprised by any outside support for the W.U.C. or Radeer. Younger relatives point to the U.S. — not the U.S. per se but to the exploitation of U.S. apprehension over anything Beijing does and of U.S. sympathies for any group that Beijing opposes. The real point of staging riots inside China, they assert, is that they enable the exiled groups to survive and thrive. So they expect such riots for years to come.

Terrorists Fan the  Flames

Rohan Gunaratnais a professor and head of the International Center for Political Violence and Terrorism Research at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. His books include “Inside Al Qaeda: Global Network of Terror.”

Despite efforts by Beijing to restore piece, the simmering tension and sporadic violence between Muslim Uighurs and Han Chinese in Urumqi, the worst in China since 1949, is likely to remain a continuing source of instability and to spread beyond Xinjiang province.

The Chinese hard-line approach towards Uighur separatists fails to differentiate among terrorists, supporters and sympathizers. Instead of investing in community engagement initiatives, the Chinese government has detained several thousands of protesters.

The propaganda by the Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM), an Uighur separatist group associated with Al Qaeda, is driving the hatred and fueling the violence. The ETIM leadership, located in Waziristan on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, was responsible for a series of bombing both in Xinjiang and elsewhere in China in the lead-up to the Beijing Olympics.

Having received training, weapons, finance and ideology from Al Qaeda, ETIM members today fight both in tribal Pakistan and in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda-trained ETIM suicide bombers present a growing threat both to coalition forces in Afghanistan and to China. Al Qaeda ideologues have argued that after the defeat of the existing superpower, the U.S. forces, the next enemy of the Muslims will be the multiheaded dragon, a reference to China, the emerging superpower.

In addition to ETIM, a dozen Uighur separatist groups in the U.S., Canada and Europe are radicalizing the Uighur communities in China. Some of these groups have pushed for the release of the Uighur detainees held in Guantanamo Bay.

MaiT认领2#
领二楼的。
MiaT 发表于 2009-7-9 23:00
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-9 05:16 | 显示全部楼层
差点错过了隐藏的内容。

最后这部分,来自四川定居美国的孙燕,询问新疆的亲属对于此次暴乱的看法。我觉得代表了大多数人的意见。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-9 05:49 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 j小蜜蜂 于 2009-7-9 13:14 编辑

好文章

====版===主===插===楼===编===辑=====
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-9 06:18 | 显示全部楼层
.....我英文很烂.但还是顶一个.期待翻译中....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-9 19:48 | 显示全部楼层
辩论很激烈,JD,不喜欢华人的美国人都上了。

楼上的,原文太长了,读者评论就更多了,俺没有那么多时间阿
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-9 22:38 | 显示全部楼层
一楼的那部分我领了
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-9 23:00 | 显示全部楼层
领二楼的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:01 | 显示全部楼层
感谢各位认领的同学,我不知道你们能不能看到纽约时报网站,昨天我发贴时流览器不好用,我怕漏了,我要重新复制一下内容。

一共是4个人发言,我建议一人认领1篇,或者2篇。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:02 | 显示全部楼层
http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytim ... -about-the-uighurs/

Riots and street protests abated on Wednesday in Xinjiang in the northwest region of China, after government forces lined the streets and arrested the leaders of the unrest. China’s president, Hu Jintao, cut short a stay in Italy for the G-8 meeting to deal with the riots, the worst ethnic violence in China in decades. Officials said they would seek the death sentence against those responsible for fanning the violence between the native Uighur Muslims and the rising population of Han Chinese.

What are the roots of the tensions between the Uighurs and the Han Chinese? As the government cracks down, what dangers does it face as anger continues to simmer on both sides, especially from Uighur separatists?

一共是4个人发言
Chien-peng Chung, political scientist
Stevan Harrell, anthropologist
Yan Sun, political scientist
Rohan Gunaratna, Nanyang Technological University
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:02 | 显示全部楼层
第一位

Pacifying the Uighurs

Chien-peng Chung is associate professor of political science at Lingnan University, in Hong Kong. He is the author of “Domestic Politics: International Bargaining, and China’s Territorial Disputes.”

Although no major incidents were reported on Wednesday, unlike the previous three days, most non-government establishments in Urumqi were closed for the entire day. The streets of Urumqi and other major Xinjiang cities were flooded with truckloads and columns of riot policemen, with soldiers massed along Urumqi’s roadsides and at Xinjiang’s military bases on high alert and ready for immediate deployment. Together with nightly curfews, this is a recommendable strategy to restore and maintain order for the time being.

With racial tension still in the air, the danger is that a pattern of attacks and counterattacks between armed Uighur and Han Chinese may emerge in the days to come, not only in Xinjiang, but also in large Chinese cities elsewhere. This would be difficult and tricky for government security forces to deal with. If the authorities crack down heavily on the protesting Uighurs, it could be seen as further discrimination against them, since most members of the security forces are Han Chinese. But if the authorities are to be equally or more tough on a Han Chinese mob, perception of official favoritism and appeasement toward minorities could incite further Han-on-Uighur violence everywhere.

It is important for the security forces to be perceived as fair and even-handed in preventing destructive acts or apprehending troublemakers. To calm public sentiments further, people who were arrested in connection with the riots over the past few days should either be quickly charged or released.

Despite allegations by the Chinese government that the protest on July 5 and riots were instigated, directed and organized from overseas, chiefly by the World Uyghur Congress, the authorities should be mindful that it is perfectly imaginable for Uighurs who had some experience with leadership roles in schools, factories, social groups, trade guilds, mosques, the Communist Youth League and even local Communist Party organizations to take the lead in mobilizing marches before allowing the crowds’ emotion to take over.

The arrests of several people on Tuesday in connection with the brawl between Uighurs and Han Chinese workers at the toy factory in Shaoguan, Guangdong, on June 25, 2009, which led to the deaths of two Uighurs and was believed to have sparked off the July 5 riots, was a good start
to pacify Uighur sentiments.

However, other grievances broadly held by Uighurs should be addressed. The perception that economic development in Xinjiang aids Han Chinese at the expense of Uighurs cannot be allowed to continue. The government must look into effectively enforcing existing, and devising more, affirmative action policies to ensure that Uighurs do not feel marginalized. Muslim religious activities in Xinjiang could still be closely monitored for separatist or violent tendencies, but left to operate with minimum overt interference by the authorities.

Communist Party cadres should demonstrate respect for Muslim and other religious customs whenever possible in public. Travel restrictions to overseas destinations for Uighurs should be no different from those for other Chinese nationals.

Governments of countries around China and Xinjiang such as Russia, those of Central Asia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India have their own problems with ethnic minorities, separatism and violence, so are very unlikely to support any separatist aspirations by Uighur or other ethnic minorities in China, and have in fact been enlisted as active partners in the fight against ethnic separatism, violence and religious fundamentalism. China’s foreign missions in many European countries were pelted with rocks by Uighur demonstrators yesterday, but the governments of these countries will not allow the situation to continue.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:04 | 显示全部楼层
第2位

Stevan Harrell, an anthropologist at the University of Washington, has collaborated with minority scholars from China for more than 20 years. He is author of “Ways of Being Ethnic in Southwest China.”

The 130 million members of China’s 55 officially designated minority groups have all the civil rights of full citizenship, and are even beneficiaries of affirmative action and less stringent birth planning regulations. They are also poorer, less educated, and less represented in Communist Party and government positions than are the majority Han Chinese.

Not all minority groups are the same. Most are citizens of no state but China and have never been independent nations. While all of these groups — which range in size from the Zhuang, with a population of 16 million, and the Hui Muslims, with 10 million, to the Lhoba, with only 3,000 members — have their conflicts with local Han and have at times demonstrated over Chinese state policies and the Han presence in their home areas, they have not developed political separatist movements.

The Tibetans and Uighurs (and perhaps the Mongols) are different. They are “minority nationalities,” peoples with historic and contemporary claims to nationhood. Historically, they have sometimes been ruled by a larger East Asian empire, and have sometimes been independent. Despite being officially included as citizens and members of the Chinese nation, many think that their nations are rightfully independent and not part of China.

Recent infusions of financial support from the government to develop their regional economies have not altered that sentiment. Not unlike the the Kikuyu in Kenya or the Bengalis in India, who prospered materially under British rule but were eager to be rid of it, rising standards of living among minority nationalities in China have not diminished their sense that they are an occupied people.

Both the Tibetans and Uighurs would probably choose to be independent of China. But most of them realize that this is almost certainly impossible in the foreseeable future, and many have accommodated to the current system, as do colonized peoples anywhere — they go to school, learn Chinese, migrate to Han areas to work and become local officials. Some even join the Communist Party and rise high in its ranks. But most continue to feel that their land is being held by an outside power.

The Chinese authorities may or may not realize this, but they do not accept it. For them, all minorities are fully — and only — Chinese citizens, and therefore must be loyal to the government and grateful for its largesse. There will never be much gratitude unless China’s leaders grant these groups real regional autonomy, guarantee freedom of religion, curb Han Chinese migration and stop their insulting rhetoric about underdeveloped minorities in need of help. But they won’t. So the unrest and discontent — at times exploding into the violence of the past few days — are bound to continue.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:05 | 显示全部楼层
第3位

Yan Sun, a native of Sichuan, has lived in the United States since 1985 and been a professor of political science at the City University of New York since 1992. She has also written “A Sichuan Family and Tibet’s Future.”

After arriving at the home of my parents in Chongqing on July 7, I asked my mother how many relatives we still had in Xinjiang and how they were doing lately. Ten families of close relatives, she said, and several more distant ones. Some were born and raised in Xinjiang, but the majority migrated there in the 1960s and 1970s from the Sichuan countryside. The sole reason was to get out of the poor farmland and have a chance at becoming urban residents. They were introduced to Xinjiang by an aunt who was assigned there in the 1950s but had managed to bring her family back to Sichuan in the 1980s.

I scrambled to reach some of them by phone and talk to them candidly about the issues that are often cited in the Western media as responsible for growing ethnic divide and tensions between the Uighur and Han Chinese. Some of my cited reasons took them by surprise; others made them laugh. With their decades of life and work in an austere region, I have little reason to dispute them. As a social scientist, it is fascinating for me to learn about their perspective on the deeper roots of the recent riots. After all, they were supposed to be the very source and targets of local grievance.

Without any need to repeat government accounts to me, my relatives mostly see “outside forces” as the main reason for the latest as well as other riots in Xinjiang in recent years. Citing long-term good friendship with local Muslims, they are hard-pressed to think of divisions serious enough to cause deadly riots. Rather, they claim to have seen outside influences at work from their own experience, e.g., money for underground mosques where mullahs engage in inciting rhetoric, for “terrorist groups” that make explosives and bombs, or for restless Muslim youths who stage trouble on the streets. They also see a pattern of Uighur separatist forces imitating the tactics of Tibetan exiles, namely, phrasing issues in terms that appeal to Western sensibilities, such as religious freedom, cultural and linguistic preservation, ethnic equality or territorial autonomy.

But aren’t there problems in these areas? My relatives were unanimous in their view that state policies are already tilted in favor of local ethnics. Freedom of religion? My relatives see the state restrictions are justifiable: no mosques for those under 18 because they are not mature enough to have good judgment, and no mosque attendance for those holding government jobs. The state does send an (Uighur) official as a liaison with the mosques on a weekly basis, but again this is seen as justifiable since the state funds helped with their construction and to pay the mullahs’ salaries. Why not let them fund on their own? The answer is that outside religious forces would otherwise fund them. Having read about how foreign-financed madrassahs spring up and spread in western Pakistan, I am hard-pressed to pass judgment here.

How about the imposition of Chinese language instruction in schools? This was news to my relatives. They grew up attending separate schools from their Uighur peers, where different languages were used in instruction. Some Uighurs chose to attend Han Chinese schools for career benefits. Only since 2005 has bilingual education been introduced in public schools in Xinjiang. Most technical colleges use Chinese in instruction, because of available resources, while colleges for ethnic nationalities instruct in minority languages. Rather than seeing bilingual education as forced assimilation, my relatives see it as a good skill to have in the job market, because many modern-sector jobs will involve interaction with Han Chinese in and out of Xinjiang. For their part, my Xinjiang cousins speak enough Uighur to communicate with Uighurs on a daily basis, and tell me that they live more like Uighurs than Han Chinese, enjoying mutton more than pork.

What about widened income gaps between Han Chinese and Uighur Muslims in the market economy? My relatives cite different attitudes toward education, achievement and life. This is where some “racist” assessments may be found, if they may be so-called: nomadic traditions do not value sending kids to schools, but rather roaming around or bathing in the sun; nor do they prioritize professional and material pursuits like the Han Chinese, or hard work or long-term planning for this world, but rather satisfaction in the spiritual world, etc. These are the contrasts I have learned in Western social sciences — conflicts between pre-modern and modern values, religious and secular cultures, or an achievement and non-achievement ethic. So it is hard for me to pass judgment here as well except to urge Han Chinese to loosen up and enjoy life a little as our ethnic brothers do.

What about the squeezing of Uighurs in their own native land by growing Han presence? Is that occupation or colonialism? These lines usually shocked my relatives. One aunt, a college professor who spent three decades in Khotan of southern Xinjiang, gave me a history lesson about how Xinjiang came under Chinese control in the Han Dynasty in the 200s B.C. and remained so on and off till the Manchu Dynasty finally consolidated Chinese rule in the 1770s. Xinjiang was loose whenever China was weak internally and its rulers were preoccupied elsewhere.

But successive rulers always reasserted control and sovereignty. Another aunt who had lived in a Tibetan region called the Chinese nation a melting pot of different ethnic groups over millenniums. Citing our own ancestors who had migrated to Sichuan generations back, my mother recalls her grandmother as one with white skin and yellow hair, possible of Turkic origin herself from western China.

Are there government policies on minority regions responsible for increasing ethnic tensions? Surprisingly (or not so surprisingly for someone familiar with America’s ethnic politics), some of my relatives fault the government’s preferential policies for helping to enhance ethnic identity and entitlement for minorities. Uighurs with disciplinary problems or criminal offenses are treated leniently, they say. In matters of employment, appointment and promotion in the public sector, Uighurs may be preferred over (perceived) more qualified Han candidates. “Reverse discrimination” in college admissions and population policies are other areas of Han complaints. While Han Chinese can have only one child, Uighurs receive honorary and monetary rewards for stopping at three, along with yearly bonuses. Whether legitimate or not, such complaints make it difficult for Han Chinese to appreciate Uighur grievances.

Do they think the World Uighur Congress and its exiled leader, Rebiya Radeer, were behind the recent riots? My older relatives from Xinjiang recalled Soviet instigations of Uighur separatism in the 30s and during the cold war, so they said they would not be surprised by any outside support for the W.U.C. or Radeer. Younger relatives point to the U.S. — not the U.S. per se but to the exploitation of U.S. apprehension over anything Beijing does and of U.S. sympathies for any group that Beijing opposes. The real point of staging riots inside China, they assert, is that they enable the exiled groups to survive and thrive. So they expect such riots for years to come.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:05 | 显示全部楼层
第4位

Terrorists Fan the Flames

Rohan Gunaratna is a professor and head of the International Center for Political Violence and Terrorism Research at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. His books include “Inside Al Qaeda: Global Network of Terror.”

Despite efforts by Beijing to restore piece, the simmering tension and sporadic violence between Muslim Uighurs and Han Chinese in Urumqi, the worst in China since 1949, is likely to remain a continuing source of instability and to spread beyond Xinjiang province.

Propaganda by Al Qaeda-trained separatists is driving the hatred and fueling the violence.
The Chinese hard-line approach towards Uighur separatists fails to differentiate among terrorists, supporters and sympathizers. Instead of investing in community engagement initiatives, the Chinese government has detained several thousands of protesters.

The propaganda by the Eastern Turkistan Islamic Movement (ETIM), an Uighur separatist group associated with Al Qaeda, is driving the hatred and fueling the violence. The ETIM leadership, located in Waziristan on the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, was responsible for a series of bombing both in Xinjiang and elsewhere in China in the lead-up to the Beijing Olympics.

Having received training, weapons, finance and ideology from Al Qaeda, ETIM members today fight both in tribal Pakistan and in Afghanistan. Al Qaeda-trained ETIM suicide bombers present a growing threat both to coalition forces in Afghanistan and to China. Al Qaeda ideologues have argued that after the defeat of the existing superpower, the U.S. forces, the next enemy of the Muslims will be the multiheaded dragon, a reference to China, the emerging superpower.

In addition to ETIM, a dozen Uighur separatist groups in the U.S., Canada and Europe are radicalizing the Uighur communities in China. Some of these groups have pushed for the release of the Uighur detainees held in Guantanamo Bay.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-7-10 04:51 | 显示全部楼层
I grew up in Xinjiang and now live in US. Can’t say that racial discrimination does not exist, but can say that I don’t find my Uyghur friends “lazy, backwards, or outlaws.” On the contrary, the worst students in my class were Hans, and I have Uyghur friends myself. We exchanged words just few weeks ago before the incident, and we actually looked forward to seeing each other in the future.
I do say that Chinese government has a bad reputation involving censorship and freedom of express, but when my own friend told me on the phone (a call that was disconnected quickly afterwards) that he was injured on a bus attacked by rioters, it’s hard for me to say the entire thing is a peaceful protest, and that state media has some credibility. With regards to who started the riot, I don’t think one can be certain at this point. It could be that one young policeman fired at a protester, which pushed the protesters toward violence. Or, it could be that the protesters have crossed the line by throwing one more rock at the police than allowed. Either way, violence, especially violence against innocent people, is by no means tolerant in China (or in anywhere). Perhaps the police should not have arrest 1400 men, since there are probably only that many protesters, but arrests, trials, and executions shouldn’t be questioned, as any nation with laws will do so in this situation.
To answer the question about what started the protest. One thing that is true: the protest started a week after the brawl, give 3 days for people to find out and give 2 more days for people’s patience, the protest is still 2 days way too late for something that’s completely spontaneous. Now whether it’s organized by foreign forces or Uyghurs who are educated enough to understand their rights as citizens, I cannot say, but it’s equally true that no others can say with certainty at this point. As for the brawl at the toy factory, it’s very possible that more Uyghurs were killed or injured than the state claims, but it should be obvious that numbers like 600 or statements that women/children were cut up are ridiculous. One, if there are 600 Uyghurs, they would put up a fight enough to make the death toll on both sides much higher, making the story much larger than the incident in Urumqi few days ago. Two, no factory in their right mind would hire women and children. As for the claims that the Uyghurs were forced labor, well, why would any Chinese company need forced labor, when there are enough Chinese without work, especially during tough economic times. Come on, China is a supply of cheap labors, and that’s why Americans complain about jobs being outsourced. Though I am biased in my opinion and want to believe the state, I also have lived in US long enough to learn that one can never get the truth about something in today’s world, where political agenda drives news. However, there are statements out there that are just ridiculous or laughable. For example, read up Gred Sheriden’s post on “The Australian” about the incident; he stated that the protest happened one day after the brawl in the toy factory. I think that all of you who care about the issue will acknowledge that he just made a straight lie, not even distortion of facts. Therefore, I urge all of you, that while you have your own opinion (I just had a fight with mom over our view on the issues), please do not dismiss the state media or bash China.
Lastly, my own view on how things stand in China. I am a han myself, and probably could never see things from the view of minorities. But having lived in US and having felt some discrimination here, I think that racial discrimination is probably inevitable. However, people can still live peacefully as long as there are rooms for personal prosperity that is to be brought by one’s own hard work. As with the cultural and ethnic issue, I want the Uyghurs to realize that Chinese are losing many of their traditions and cultures too, as modernization has brought Western culture to China and many of our young generations have embraced the Western culture fully. Thus, it’s conceivable that your culture is also being challenged. In addition, China’s tight grip around Xinjiang (and Tibet as a matter of fact) is due to the threat from outside influences. I am not saying this incident is initiated by one, but separatist movements are present. Not discussing the rights and wrongs of history (cause if we trace history back far enough, we should all be ruled by Africans as our human ancestor first moved out of there), Xinjiang is a legitimate part of China, and no government should be asked to split its nation. So I want to ask the Uyghurs to be more understanding and patient, and trust me, not all Hans are happy with the government either, but democracy comes about slowly. (Come on, it took US almost 250 years to do it, PRC only formed 60 years and we can’t count the troubled years under Mao)
One more thing: I know people won’t like this statement and I know I am biased (but then, who really isn’t), nevertheless, consider this - When African Americans and Indians asked for Democracy, they used tactics such as sit-ins or civil disobedience (if i remembered correctly). When encountered by police retaliation (or army retaliation in India, I think, bit fuzzy about the history here, so sorry for any wrong statements), they sacrificed their own interests but preserved the lives of innocent people. In the end, they won their rights and freedom. Look at the incident in Xinjiang. They also protested, but when facing police crackdown, they turned to ruthless murder and arson. Foreign force or not, this bloodshed won’t solve anything (in fact, I have never seen Han people this mad at the Uyghurs)
I am really sorry about the deaths and injuries suffered by both Han and Uyghur, and I wish the two ethnic groups will be patient with the government and mend this broken trust. I don’t want an awkward reunion with my schoolmates when I visit Xinjiang again.

— A Xinjianger

这是其中一位读者的发言,如果有必要请斑竹贴到英文网站。谢谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-11 11:33 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 I'm_zhcn 于 2009-7-12 01:59 编辑

视中国为殖民者

华盛顿大学人类学家史蒂文·哈雷尔与中国少数民族学者进行过二十多年的合作,并著有《中国西南地区少数民族风俗》一书。

中国有55个官方认可的少数民族,人口共一亿三千万。少数民族享有充分的公民权利,并且享受民族优惠政策和相对宽松的计划生育政策。但少数民族相对贫困,受教育程度也相对较低。少数民族代表在共产党和政府中的比例低于汉族。

各少数民族的情况有所不同。大到一千六百万人口的壮族和一千万人口的回族穆斯林,小到只有三千人口的珞巴族,大多数少数民族散居于中国各地,从未建立过独立的国家。这些民族与当地汉族时有纠纷,不希望汉族居住在本族地区,并曾对中国国家政策表示不满。但这些民族没有政治分裂主义的倾向。

藏族和维吾尔族则不同。(或许还有蒙古族。)他们是“minority nationalities”(此处或可译为:具有国家性的少数民族)。从古到今曾多次提出过成立国家的要求。历史上这些民族曾被强大的东亚帝国所征服,也曾独立自治。虽然他们表面上是中国公民和中华民族的一员,但是很多人认为自己的民族不是中国的一部分,有权独立。

近来,政府通过财政支持促进少数民族地区经济的发展。但此举并未改变上述情绪。少数民族生活质量的提高没能降低少数民族的被占领感。这有些像英国统治下的肯尼亚基库尤人和印度孟加拉人:虽然物质生活丰富了,但他们依然渴望摆脱英国的统治。

藏族和维吾尔族很可能希望选择独立。但大多数人都明白,在可预见的将来,这几乎是完全没有可能的。和殖民地人民一样,很多人已经适应了当前的体制,他们上学,学习汉语,前往汉族地区工作,成为地方官员。有人甚至加入了中国共产党并身居高位。但是,大多数人仍然感到自己的土地被异己所占。

The Chinese authorities may or may not realize this, but they do not accept it. For them, all minorities are fully — and only — Chinese citizens, and therefore must be loyal to the government and grateful for its largesse.

不管中国政府是否意识到了这点,它都不会允许这种事情发生。对他们来说,所有少数民族都必须是、也只能是中国公民。他们必须忠于政府,并应对政府的帮助感到感激。

There will never be much gratitude unless China’s leaders grant these groups real regional autonomy, guarantee freedom of religion, curb Han Chinese migration and stop their insulting rhetoric about underdeveloped minorities in need of help. But they won’t. So the unrest and discontent — at times exploding into the violence of the past few days — are bound to continue.

中国领导人应该赋予这些民族真正的区域自治,保证宗教自由,限制汉族移民,并停止激情雄辩地指出欠发达的少数民族需要帮助,这对他们是一种侮辱。如果不这样做,少数民族就永远不会对他们有感激之情。但是政府不会这样做。因此,引发前几天暴力事件的不满和动乱必然会持续下去。

我身在新疆的汉族亲戚的看法

四川人孙燕(音)1985年移居美国,1992年起任纽约城市大学政治学教授,著有《一个四川家庭与西藏的未来》一书。

After arriving at the home of my parents in Chongqing on July 7, I asked my mother how many relatives we still had in Xinjiang and how they were doing lately. Ten families of close relatives, she said, and several more distant ones. Some were born and raised in Xinjiang, but the majority migrated there in the 1960s and 1970s from the Sichuan countryside. The sole reason was to get out of the poor farmland and have a chance at becoming urban residents.

77号我到达重庆父母的家中,我问母亲,家里在新疆还有多少亲戚,他们近况如何。母亲说,比较近的亲戚有十家,还有几家远一些的亲戚。他们中有人生在新疆、长在新疆;但多数是在六七十年代从四川农村迁去的。当时迁居主要是为了离开贫困的农庄,并有机会做城里人。

They were introduced to Xinjiang by an aunt who was assigned there in the 1950s but had managed to bring her family back to Sichuan in the 1980s.

他们是被一个姑姑介绍到新疆的。那个姑姑在五十年代的时候被分派到新疆,八十年代又举家迁回了四川。

我赶忙给这些亲戚打电话,并直言不讳地向他们讲述了西方媒体报道的导致维汉间民族问题恶化的种种事件。有些报道令他们颇感意外,有些则使他们失声大笑。他们在新疆朴素地生活和工作了几十年,因此我没有理由质疑他们。作为社会学者,我很希望了解他们眼中近期暴乱的真正根源。毕竟,他们才是这一地区各种问题的当事人。

亲戚们无须向我重复政府的官方解释,在他们自己眼里,“境外势力”才是造成本次以及近年来其他暴乱的主要原因。他们说自己与当地穆斯林有着多年的美好友谊,实在难以想象有什么矛盾能造成残害生命的动乱。他们说,根据切身经历,倒是境外势力在起作用:资助地下清真寺的毛拉进行煽动宣讲;为“恐怖组织”制造的炸药炸弹买单;教唆失足的穆斯林青年当街闹事等等。他们还说,维吾尔分裂分子还模仿流亡藏人使用的手段,将事件描述成西方国家最感冒的宗教自由问题,文化和语言保护问题,民族平等问题或领土自治问题。

难道这些地区就不存在问题吗?亲戚们一致认为,国家政策已经对少数民族有了特殊的照顾。宗教自由呢?亲戚们认为,国家禁止未成年人进入清真寺的规定是正当的,因为他们的心智还不够成熟,而禁止政府人员入寺朝拜也是正当的。政府资助建设清真寺并负担毛拉的工资,因此有理由每周派一名维族官员与清真寺进行联络。为什么不让穆斯林自己建清真寺呢?因为否则境外宗教势力便会资助他们。我读过文章,知道国外势力在巴基斯坦西部资助建立的穆斯林学校是怎样出现和发展的,因此我很难在这里做出判断。

那么在学校强制教授汉语呢?这对我的亲戚们来说可是一条新闻。他们从小就和维吾尔族在不同的学校上学,授课的语言也是不同的。有些维吾尔族人为未来事业着想,选择去汉族学校上学。直到2005年,新疆的公办学校才开始使用双语授课。由于资源有限,多数专科学校使用汉语授课,但少数民族院校使用少数民族语言授课。亲戚们认为双语教学不是强制的民族同化过程,而是为适应劳动力市场的需求而提供的。因为新疆内外很多现代型的工作都需要同汉族人打交道。我在新疆的表兄弟会说维吾尔语,能够同维吾尔族进行日常交流。他们告诉我,他们的生活方式更像维人而不是汉人。与猪肉相比,他们更喜欢吃羊肉。

在市场经济条件下,汉族人和维吾尔族穆斯林收入差距越来越大的问题呢?亲戚们说,这是因为不同民族对教育、成就和人生的态度有所不同。这一观点或许有些所谓的“种族歧视”的味道:根据游牧民族的传统,享受阳光、去各地漫游比送孩子上学更重要;他们对职业和物质的追求也不像汉族人看得那么重;与在现世中努力工作、做长期打算相比,他们更重视精神世界的满足。我在学习西方社会科学时了解过这种反差,这是传统价值观与现代价值观的区别,宗教文化与非宗教文化的区别,无欲无求与成功至上的道德标准的区别。因此,我很难作出什么评判,只能说,希望汉族人能够多向少数民族学习,轻松享受生活。

越来越多的汉族人在新疆生活,这不是会压缩维族人在自己家园上的生活空间吗?这是占领或殖民主义吗?这样的问题经常让亲戚们感到震惊。我一个姑姑在和田当了三十多年的大学教授,她给我上了一堂历史课。早在公元前二百年汉朝的时候,新疆就成为了中国的领土,之后的年代里情况时有变化。终于在18世纪70年代,满清帝国彻底巩固了对新疆的统治。也就是说,只有在中国国力孱弱、统治者无暇西顾的时候,对新疆的统治才会有所松懈。之后的统治者总会再次夺回新疆,恢复对疆主权。

另一位生活在藏族区的姑姑把中国称为一个有几千年历史的各个民族的大熔炉。母亲跟我说,我们家族的祖先也是从外地来到四川的。母亲的祖母长着白皮肤、蓝眼睛,很可能是中国西部土耳其人的后代。

国家政策是否加剧了少数民族地区的民族矛盾?令人惊讶的是(如果你了解美国的民族政策,可能也不会感到惊讶),一些亲戚对政府为保护少数民族而制定的民族优惠政策感到不满。他们说,政府对违法犯罪的维吾尔族人进行宽大处理。在国有部门,(人们感到)维吾尔族人享有就业、任职和升迁的优先权。汉族人还对大学录取的“反向歧视”和人口政策感到不满。汉族家庭只准生一个孩子,维吾尔家庭生三个以内就会颁发荣誉证书并给予金钱奖励,之后年年都有奖金。且不提这些抱怨合理与否,汉族人实在无法理解,维吾尔族人还有什么好不满意的?

在他们看来,世维会及其流亡领袖热比娅·卡德尔是最近这张暴乱的幕后主使吗?生活在新疆的长辈说,苏联在三十年代和冷战时期煽动维吾尔族进行分裂活动,所以如果世维会和热比娅有境外支持,他们一点也不感到惊讶。年轻些的亲戚则将矛头指向了美国的做事方式。不管北京做什么,美国都会进行曲解宣传;不管北京反对哪个组织,美国都会对其表示同情。美国为流亡组织的存在和兴盛提供了土壤,这才是产生动乱的关键。亲戚们说,好多年前他们就知道,这样的暴乱一定会出现。

Terrorists Fan the  Flames
恐怖主义煽风点火

Rohan Gunaratnais a professor and head of the International Center for Political Violence and Terrorism Research at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. His books include “Inside Al Qaeda: Global Network of Terror.”

罗汉·古纳拉特纳教授是新加坡南洋理工大学大学政治暴力和恐怖主义研究国际中心主任,著有《深入基地组织:全球恐怖主义网络》等著作。

乌鲁木齐发生了中国自1949年以来最大的维汉暴力冲突事件,尽管北京尽力收拾残局,但一触即发的民族矛盾与偶尔出现的暴力事件很可能导致不稳定的未来局势,甚至扩散到新疆以外的其他省份。

中国对维吾尔分裂分子采取强硬态度,却没能对恐怖主义分子,支持分裂者和同情分裂者进行区别对待。政府没有把精力放在发展社区参与行动上,而是拘留了数千抗议者。

东突厥斯坦伊斯兰运动(ETIM)是一个维吾尔分裂组织,与基地组织有着密切的联系。此组织宣传煽动民族仇恨,并挑起民族暴力事件。东突总部位于阿富汗和巴基斯坦边界的瓦齐里斯坦地区。北京奥运会前,它策划了新疆和中国其他地区的一系列爆炸案。

东突成员接受基地组织的培训、武器和资金供给以及意识形态的灌输,参加巴基斯坦部落和阿富汗的战斗。基地组织训练的东突人体炸弹对阿富汗联军和中国构成越来越大的威胁。基地组织的追随者们说,打败目前的超级大国美国之后,穆斯林的下一个敌人将是一条多头巨龙,即未来的超级大国中国。

除东突外,美国、加拿大和欧洲也有十几个挑唆中国维吾尔族群众从事分裂活动的维吾尔分裂主义组织。一些组织要求关塔那摩监狱释放被关押的维吾尔族人。

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-11 17:12 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 忧心 于 2009-7-11 17:31 编辑

What Should China Do About the Uighurs
中国该怎么对待维吾尔人?

Photo: Goh Chai Hin/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images
摄影:Goh Chai Hin/法新社—格蒂图片

Chinese riot police arrived in downtown Urumqi, Xinjiang Province in China, on Wednesday.
周三,在中国新疆省乌鲁木齐,中国防暴警察到达市中心。

Updated, July 8, 3:45 p.m.
更新时间: 7月8日下午3:45

Yan Sun, a political scientist at the CUNY Graduate Center, describes the reaction of her Han Chinese relatives in Xinjiang to the unrest there.

孙燕(音译),一位纽约市立大学研究生中心的政治学家,描述了她在新疆的汉族亲属对动乱的反应。

政府的部队列于街道两旁并拘捕了动乱的领导人之后,周三,在中国西北地区的新疆,骚乱和街头抗议已经减弱了。中国国家主席胡锦涛缩短了他在意大利的访问,不去参加在那里举行的八国集团会议,回国处理暴动。这是中国几十年来最严重的种族暴力事件。官方称,他们将会使用判处死刑的手段来对付那些煽动本土维吾尔穆斯林和人口不断增长的汉族人之间种族暴力冲突的责任人。

维吾尔人和汉族人之间紧张关系的根源是什么?政府的镇压会面临着怎样的继续激化双方愤怒(特别是维吾尔分离主义者愤怒)的危险?

Chien-peng Chung, political scientist
简鹏涌,政治学家

Stevan Harrell, anthropologist
斯蒂芬•哈瑞尔,人类学家

Yan Sun, political scientist
孙燕(音译),政治学家

Rohan Gunaratna, Nanyang Technological University;
古纳拉特纳,南洋理工大学

Pacifying the Uighurs
安抚维吾尔人

简鹏涌是香港岭南大学的政治学副教授。他是《内政:国际谈判和中国的领土争端》一文的作者。

周三虽然与前三天不同,没有发生重大事件的报道,但乌鲁木齐大部分的非政府机构被全天关闭。乌鲁木齐和新疆其他主要城市的街道充满着整车及成队的防暴警察,士兵集结在乌鲁木齐的路边,新疆的军事基地处于高度戒备状态并为紧急部署做好了准备。这些措施加上宵禁构成了一个可取的战略,暂时恢复并维持了秩序。

尽管中国政府断言7月5日的抗议和暴乱是由海外——主要是世界维吾尔代表大会煽动、指挥和组织的,当局应该意识到,在人群的情绪失控前,那些在学校、工厂、社会团体、贸易协会、清真寺、共青团、甚至地方共产党组织中做过领导的维吾尔人带头动员了游行是完全可以想象的。

The arrests of several people on Tuesday in connection with the brawl between Uighurs and Han Chinese workers at the toy factory in Shaoguan, Guangdong, on June 25, 2009, which led to the deaths of two Uighurs and was believed to have sparked off the July 5 riots, was a good start to pacify Uighur sentiments.

今天几个与韶关事件有关的人员被逮捕了,这是安抚维吾尔人情绪的一个良好开端。2009年6月25日维吾尔和汉族工人在广东韶关玩具厂的争执导致了两名维吾尔人死亡。人们相信这起事件引发了75暴动。

然而,维吾尔人其他广泛的委屈也应予以处理。不能再让维吾尔人有新疆的经济发展以牺牲维吾尔人的利益来援助汉族人的感觉了。政府必须考虑有效的加强现有措施,并制定更多的政策扶持行动,以确保维吾尔人不会觉得被边缘化。对新疆的穆斯林宗教活动仍然可以实行密切监测以防分裂或暴力倾向,但这些措施应以当局最少的公开干涉为限。

共产党的干部在任何公开场合都应表现得尊重穆斯林和其他宗教的习俗。维吾尔人前往海外旅行的限制不应不同于其他中国公民。

中国和新疆周围各国的政府如俄罗斯、一些中亚国家、阿富汗、巴基斯坦和印度都有自己的少数民族、分裂主义和暴力活动方面的问题,所以不太可能支持中国维吾尔人和其他少数民族的任何分离主义愿望,事实上,它们已经成为了中国在打击民族分裂主义、暴力活动和宗教原教旨主义方面积极的伙伴。昨天,中国在许多欧洲国家的外交机构被维吾尔示威者投掷石块,但上述国家的政府不会允许这种情况继续发生。

评分

查看全部评分

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-11 18:09 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-16 21:00 | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 巴彦淖尔 于 2009-7-16 21:05 编辑

(先感谢网友的贡献。)
那些专家都没有16上半部分的那几位“亲戚”分析的好。
其中提到对部分维吾尔人在犯罪上过分宽大也是非常现实的一个问题,
如果犯罪得不到应有的惩罚,那就是纵容犯罪,就可能为更大规模的犯罪提供“良好”的基础。
在经济上、文化上,国家队少数民族地区有优惠政策是好的,但在法律问题上,不应该如此。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-7-17 10:58 | 显示全部楼层
赞个,翻译得不错,大家辛苦了哈
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册会员

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|免责声明|四月网论坛 ( AC四月青年社区 京ICP备08009205号 备案号110108000634 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-24 07:24 , Processed in 0.052094 second(s), 24 queries , Gzip On.